MODDABLE "orange" quality gear ONLY for levels 1-49, very disapointed :-(

Rheemus

i posted on this a week or so ago, and generally had same basic gripe as you do and i noticed this WAY before lvl 50! moment i checked out tier gear pvp and pve i noticed big issue! actually noticed it on earlier gear was epic to via crafting BUT i figured was just early crafted gear or something!

Basically one of general beta testers explained to me why devs made the change and came down to flaw in own system... which was people would get boots from venders or what ever and put those mods into chest armor, so instead of paying the extra 200 or so badges for the chest armor just move mods into the chest from boots thus found a way to get decked out cheaper. Was what caused the nerf itself...

Indirectly has basically made me not even care to get to 50 because i refuse to be a clone.... and i'm with you on this one...its absurd...

Edit: to those that don't get it... you will not be using orange moddable gear at 50 because you cant upgrade them at all. The mods from epic gear and tier gear are locked into armor and CAN'T be removed for any cost or price what so ever. So what we get is the Clone syndrome where everyone of your class is wearing SAME exact set of armor... and thus end up looking like everyone else and no diversity or difference in appearance. If you can't wrap head around why this is horrible then you have never experienced end game content in any mmo before.

This is a massive bummer....Let's hope this is addressed soon. I love being able to upgrade the mods in my gear, can't believe this is locked at 50.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now Ive seen:

lvl 50 epic armstech barrels,

lvl 50 epic artificier enhancements,

lvl 50 epic cybertech armorings.

I bet there are mods somewhere since I havent even been looking. Put this in a orange item, VOILA you got your epic orange item. Did I miss something?

from what ive seen, there really is no issue here.

from the darth hater operations guide:

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19765-operations-gear-preview

The highest tier is Rakata, and both helms and schematics dropped from hard mode Karagga’s Palace. All armor set pieces and weapons that were purchasable from vendors required a token turn in and not commendations. Rakata level implants and ear pieces are vendor purchasable for 120 commendations, which come from Ilum daily quests and turn-ins.

take a look at this level 140 rakkata chest piece:

http://db.darthhater.com/items/20580/rakata_combat_medics_body_armor/

Rakata Combat Medic's Body Armor

Bind On Pickup

Chest

861 Armor (Rating 140)

Durability: 120/120

Total Stats:

+105 Endurance

+122 Aim

+51 Alacrity Rating

+48 Critical Rating

Item Modifications:

Armoring (58)

+44 Endurance

+61 Aim

equivalent mod:

http://db.darthhater.com/items/44210/advanced_reflex_armoring_25/

Advanced Reflex Armoring 25

Binds on Equip

Armoring (Item Modifications)

Total Stats:

+61 Aim

+44 Endurance

Requires Level 50

This Armoring can be used to upgrade your armor. Armoring will change the level of the item.

Mod (58)

+37 Endurance

+61 Aim

+11 Critical Rating

Enhancement (58)

+24 Endurance

+51 Alacrity Rating

+37 Critical Rating

Augment

Requires Level 50

now for pvp:

http://db.darthhater.com/items/40209/battlemaster_combat_techs_body_armor/

Battlemaster Combat Tech's Body Armor

Bind On Pickup

Chest

861 Armor (Rating 140)

Total Stats:

+92 Endurance

+94 Aim

+51 Accuracy Rating

+50 Expertise

+48 Critical Rating

Item Modifications:

Armoring (58)

+31 Endurance

+33 Aim

+50 Expertise

equivalent mod:

http://db.darthhater.com/items/43599/advanced_decisive_armoring_25/

Advanced Decisive Armoring 25

Binds on Equip

Total Stats:

+33 Aim

+31 Endurance

+50 Expertise Rating

Requires Level 50

This Armoring can be used to upgrade your armor. Armoring will change the level of the item.

Mod (58)

+37 Endurance

+61 Aim

+11 Critical Rating

Enhancement (58)

+24 Endurance

+51 Accuracy Rating

+37 Critical Rating

Augment

Requires Level 50

just because these mods havent dropped yet, doesnt mean they arent in the game separately..

admittedly though, a dev confirmation would silence a lot of the concerns.

Try and google those items you mentioned a bit and the mods, they where datamined from beta clients, and could not be found in the release version of the game.

Why they where removed and If/when they come back it seems we have to be in the unknown and feel "exclusive" when the almighty developers decide to let us mere mortal customers know ;-)

As i mentioned before this also goes for an item like the much wanted / elusive purple color crystal, which dropped from mobs and quests even lower leverl right up until last beta client, those crystals can also still be found in darthater, even though they dont drop anymore from any of the listed mobs or quests.

Just to be clear here before more people reference to these SWTOR "authorities" databases: ALL the SWTOR item databases such as torhead, darthater etc, ALL have OLD beta data MIXED in with release version data currently and you cannot use them for anything useful for now... i even mailed the torhead admin to ask when it would get cleaned up as it is useless in its current state, and was told it would take some time....

Edited by Rheemus

Now Ive seen:

lvl 50 epic armstech barrels,

lvl 50 epic artificier enhancements,

lvl 50 epic cybertech armorings.

I bet there are mods somewhere since I havent even been looking. Put this in a orange item, VOILA you got your epic orange item. Did I miss something?

yes.. those are INFERIOR or SUBPAR to the ones from raiding.....which are locked as said...

Also there are NON existing in the game currently for PVP (with the expertise stat)

Edited by Rheemus

OMG :(. So they should change the system to like the one Aion and WoW has now. You cant take mods out of the items but change the style of an item and put it on an other if you like it.

But of course there is one profession for making mods I think ? Meh, but if they wont change / fix it somehow this will be totally terrible.

yes.. those are INFERIOR or SUBPAR to the ones from raiding.....which are locked as said...

Also there are NON existing in the game currently for PVP (with the expertise stat)

Hopefully not for long! Reverse engineering works wonders. That is, when it works. My enhancements might not be as effective as the top end Battlemaster pvp gear. But if I can make them I know they will be at least as good as Champion gear :)

OMG :(. So they should change the system to like the one Aion and WoW has now. You cant take mods out of the items but change the style of an item and put it on an other if you like it.

But of course there is one profession for making mods I think ? Meh, but if they wont change / fix it somehow this will be totally terrible.

Yes as i said terrible decission by the developer, it was a "last minute" ooooopssss messurement to hinder that some guilds just farmed the first (an easier) bosses in raids and then filled the mods from the dropped items such as belt, boots etc into orange gear and thus could make complete upgraded raid quality armor sets, instead of farming the chestpieces from the end-bosses taht are more difficult.

As said before this was a TEERIBLE solution for this problem, and anothe rbetter one would have been to simply limit the mods to only being usable in an equivalent slot , ie chest piece to chest piece etc.

And i am sure there are many other solutions as well that are much better than the current one.

Unless of course this is all Biowares attempt to force us to use the erhhmm shall we say "challenged" designs that some poor game model designer did (as most PVE and PVP endgame gear is indeed horribly ugly) as they think its "a shame" if we dont wear those "brilliantly" designed armor sets :-)

Why wouldn't they just free up all the mods on raid gear and make the purchased raid gear all the same price? i.e. add up the total cost to get a full set of raid/pvp gear, then divide it equally......just seems silly not to? (From the early on beta comment on this)

Ever been to Ilum? Seen the epic mods they have there for dailys? They are pretty good.

The fact is all you whine and complain, go do some OPS then if they dont drop after 50 tries, then come QQ you big babies.

You dont get a free month for brown nosing to Bioware developers ;-)....unless of course your the family of one of the developers ;-) or Bioware "propaganda minister" aka Marketing Manager :-) /joke

Edited by Rheemus

Hopefully not for long! Reverse engineering works wonders. That is, when it works. My enhancements might not be as effective as the top end Battlemaster pvp gear. But if I can make them I know they will be at least as good as Champion gear :)

ehmm reverse engineering PVP mods that you cant even remove in the first place ?

ehmm reverse engineering PVP mods that you cant even remove in the first place ?

Try the regular pvp weapons vendor and the orange lightsaber with the blue +25 expertise enhancement :) two more reverse engineers and it will be in the mid to high 30s and possibly 40s :) then boom. put it into your favorite oranges. it hasnt worked for me yet but im confident i will get it eventually

Try the regular pvp weapons vendor and the orange lightsaber with the blue +25 expertise enhancement :) two more reverse engineers and it will be in the mid to high 30s and possibly 40s :) then boom. put it into your favorite oranges. it hasnt worked for me yet but im confident i will get it eventually

i dont have the profession to make mods in the first place.. so what your saying is you buy the lower level pvp weapons with the expertise enchancements ? (but that is not armoring !) and you can reverse engineer items you did not make yourself ? is reverse engineerign even possible on non crafted items ?

Also like i mentioned is that not only enhancements and not the more important armoring ?

A fix would be to open up another upgrade slot reserved exclusively for compensating between the diffrence of orange moddable gear and pvp gear. Then if you didnt like the looks of the pvp/pve gear you could buy the modification that would go into that slot (for ekvivalent cost as the pvp/pve gear ofc) and have a piece of epic gear looking exactly like you would want it. I bet thats hard to do but it would lead to people looking very diffrent to each other and enable ppl to have the looks they wanted.

I hope this isn't true, would be major deal braker. Nobody wants to run around and see clones everywhere.

Things are bad enough with very limited char and companion custimization and humanoid only races.

SWG had 10000X custimization on day 1 8 years ago. BWs answer was players could customize through gear and now that only applies to lvl 49 and below?

i dont have the profession to make mods in the first place.. so what your saying is you buy the lower level pvp weapons with the expertise enchancements ? (but that is not armoring !) and you can reverse engineer items you did not make yourself ? is reverse engineerign even possible on non crafted items ?

Also like i mentioned is that not only enhancements and not the more important armoring ?

Enhancements are the only things that carry an expertise stat that I have found. Armor mods are made in the armormech crafting trade im assuming as I cant make those. But all gear has an enhancement slot of which you can put in the reverse engineered expertise enhancement. also you can buy purple armor mods on ilum of which are most likely at least as strong as Champion pvp gear.

Enhancements are the only things that carry an expertise stat that I have found. Armor mods are made in the armormech crafting trade im assuming as I cant make those. But all gear has an enhancement slot of which you can put in the reverse engineered expertise enhancement. also you can buy purple armor mods on ilum of which are most likely at least as strong as Champion pvp gear.

but again can you actually reverse engineer purchased or vendor items ??!?? i Thought it was only for self made/crafted items

from what ive seen, there really is no issue here.

from the darth hater operations guide:

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19765-operations-gear-preview

The highest tier is Rakata, and both helms and schematics dropped from hard mode Karagga’s Palace. All armor set pieces and weapons that were purchasable from vendors required a token turn in and not commendations. Rakata level implants and ear pieces are vendor purchasable for 120 commendations, which come from Ilum daily quests and turn-ins.

take a look at this level 140 rakkata chest piece:

http://db.darthhater.com/items/20580/rakata_combat_medics_body_armor/

Rakata Combat Medic's Body Armor

Bind On Pickup

Chest

861 Armor (Rating 140)

Total Stats:

+105 Endurance

+122 Aim

+51 Alacrity Rating

+48 Critical Rating

Item Modifications:

Armoring (58)

+44 Endurance

+61 Aim

equivalent mod:

http://db.darthhater.com/items/44210/advanced_reflex_armoring_25/

Advanced Reflex Armoring 25

Binds on Equip

Total Stats:

+61 Aim

+44 Endurance

Requires Level 50

Mod (58)

+37 Endurance

+61 Aim

+11 Critical Rating

Enhancement (58)

+24 Endurance

+51 Alacrity Rating

+37 Critical Rating

Augment

Requires Level 50

now for pvp:

http://db.darthhater.com/items/40209/battlemaster_combat_techs_body_armor/

Battlemaster Combat Tech's Body Armor

Bind On Pickup

Chest

861 Armor (Rating 140)

Total Stats:

+92 Endurance

+94 Aim

+51 Accuracy Rating

+50 Expertise

+48 Critical Rating

Item Modifications:

Armoring (58)

+31 Endurance

+33 Aim

+50 Expertise

equivalent mod:

http://db.darthhater.com/items/43599/advanced_decisive_armoring_25/

Advanced Decisive Armoring 25

Binds on Equip

Total Stats:

+33 Aim

+31 Endurance

+50 Expertise Rating

Requires Level 50

Mod (58)

+37 Endurance

+61 Aim

+11 Critical Rating

Enhancement (58)

+24 Endurance

+51 Accuracy Rating

+37 Critical Rating

Augment

Requires Level 50

just because these mods havent dropped yet, doesnt mean they arent in the game separately..

admittedly though, a dev confirmation would silence a lot of the concerns.

big worry is alot of this is attained from data mining which could be inaccurate if it was mined from beta client since this has changed since beta. Also the fact that the mods may exist as " armoring ect ect " but still be locked into such and such gear and thus unable to actually get it YET still show up as an item in data mines. So again why i say untill i see it in game i have to assume doesn't exist or a dev confirms it exists.

but again can you actually reverse engineer purchased or vendor items ??!?? i Thought it was only for self made/crafted items

Yes. Well you can at least attempt to anyway. When I buy the lightsaber, I rip the enhancement out, then attempt to reverse engineer it, then attempt to reverse engineer the lightsaber itself. It hasn't worked yet for either item but I have a feeling it will one of these times. I can't imagine it would give me the option to reverse it but not have it actually upgrade.

I hope the game implements wardrobe/appearance tab(s) feature. Would solve a couple major problems with one shot.

I don't know how a game this massively-expensive, uber-hyped, and brand-new could be missing so many incredible features its competitors offer.

I hope the game implements wardrobe/appearance tab(s) feature. Would solve a couple major problems with one shot.

I don't know how a game this massively-expensive, uber-hyped, and brand-new could be missing so many incredible features its competitors offer.

Exactly i loose more and more interest and i only played like 12 days..... 150 million USD game.....well maybee most of the money actually went to secret Swiss and Bahamas bank accounts and not for development ;-)

Edited by Rheemus