Rakghoul Relic Change

Spor

This does not make the relic "useless", it simply means you have to keep it equipped for it to work - just like any other relic.

Yes, I know this means you have choose whether to use the Rakghoul relic or some other relic. Wah! Wah! Wah! 😪

If you really, really are concerned about that extra bit of crit or whatever, you'd get from some other relic, just use the vaccines from the vendor. It's not that hard a choice. 🙄

Its not an "extra bit of crit or whatever", actually, its:

1) the effect on your item rating, which admittedly only matters for the secret boss Midnight Rakghoul in Kaon Under Seige which only spawns during the event

2) it removes a QoL feature, replacing it with a credit sink.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

It is intended that if you are not wearing a relic that you lose it's on-use effect as noted, which includes the Antiviral Kit. However, we definitely understand this has gearing implications and so we are looking at ways to make the experience of the Antiviral Kit be less detrimental to your character's power where possible. We will share any updates as we have them and thank you for the feedback.

-eric

This change was completely pointless, you guys should've really thought it through before messing with the anti-viral kit. And this comes from someone who usually likes the changes you folks made but this one should've been thought through a bit better, make the antiviral kit work as before or make it similar to a sim or something I don't know but please, fix this.

Well.. it's not like they went and just changed these relics. When I read "Effects granted by “On Use” Relics abilities are now removed when the Relic is unequipped.", that seemed entirely fair to me, but of course I was thinking of other clicky relics.

Creating a 306 rakghoul relic would just be a temporary fix, and would result in people asking for new relics whenever there's new gear tiers. A reusable vaccine actually sounds like a solid idea, though, and would even be a QoL improvement compared to the relics pre-patch.

Creating a 306 rakghoul relic would just be a temporary fix, and would result in people asking for new relics whenever there's new gear tiers. A reusable vaccine actually sounds like a solid idea, though, and would even be a QoL improvement compared to the relics pre-patch.

Good points of course.

Hey folks,

It is intended that if you are not wearing a relic that you lose it's on-use effect as noted, which includes the Antiviral Kit. However, we definitely understand this has gearing implications and so we are looking at ways to make the experience of the Antiviral Kit be less detrimental to your character's power where possible. We will share any updates as we have them and thank you for the feedback.

-eric

It is intended but you didn't make this change for years and now suddenly it's intended. It's not very convincing as argumentation why you made this change now. I mean it was fine the way it was and now you created a new issue for yourself and the player base. It seems to me that you could've used your resources better than make this change that requires yet another change.

Edited by Tsillah

It is intended but you didn't make this change for years and now suddenly it's intended. It's not very convincing as argumentation why you made this change now. I mean it was fine the way it was and now you created a new issue for yourself and the player base. It seems to me that you could've used your resources better than make this change that requires yet another change.

Chances are they probably couldn't (or couldn't be bothered) fixing it, so that it effects most relics, but left these ones alone. /shrug

So basically, either put it back to the way it always has worked or get rid of it from the game because it's worthless otherwise.

No intelligent person would wear that for protection, when there is already an alternative vaccine available to purchase off a different vendor.

Again, another thing that didn't need to be dicked around with but now is broken. Your decisions at Bioware continue to astound me.

In theory, you could activate primal fatesealer for the alacrity boost, swap it out for something else, and accelerate the pace of your opener. Somehow that was profoundly unbalanced and was screaming out for nerfing, louder even than the travesty that is 6.0 crafting.

In theory, you could activate primal fatesealer for the alacrity boost, swap it out for something else, and accelerate the pace of your opener. Somehow that was profoundly unbalanced and was screaming out for nerfing, louder even than the travesty that is 6.0 crafting.

Oh is that what brought the change. I see. So what they need to do is to change the event relics to stims instead and bob's your uncle.

Edited by Tsillah

Oh is that what brought the change. I see. So what they need to do is to change the event relics to stims instead and bob's your uncle.

Yep. A simple solution that many of us came up with within hours of the update going live. The baffling part is why no one around the table brought that up.

Yep. A simple solution that many of us came up with within hours of the update going live. The baffling part is why no one around the table brought that up.

The change was too important. It absolutely had to be pushed out, over multiple other important fixes, because it was absolutely game breaking, exploitative, and bad. It was so bad they couldn’t wait to address the collateral damage from the change. A feature that has literally been present since the beginning of clicky Relics sometime in 1.x is now suddenly a priority fix, the antiviral kit be darned. If you can’t see how important this was, you are part of the problem.

On a serious note, at least this gives them the opportunity to address the gear creep between it and current endgame gear. I would agree that a reusable vaccine (maybe crafted by biochem) seems the best solution.

• 4 months later...
Hey folks,

-eric

Any updates on this, since the Rakghoul event is tomorrow?

What sort of 'update' were you looking for? The Relics need to be equipped to work - no update needed.

IDK, probably this part.

However, we definitely understand this has gearing implications and so we are looking at ways to make the experience of the Antiviral Kit be less detrimental to your character's power where possible. We will share any updates as we have them and thank you for the feedback.

You know, the thing that Eric says they will update us on. You also know that more often than not we do not get updates without bugging them for updates.

Edited by ceryxp

You know, the thing that Eric says they will update us on. You also know that more often than not we do not get updates without bugging them for updates.

I can't tell if JQ was dense or just trolling. I'd like to know so I can decide whether to place them on ignore.