Rakghoul Relic Change

Spor

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The update we're looking for is that they added a 306 relic. If you're in 306 gear now and wearing an Antiviral relic, any gear drop you get will be way below 306.

Not me - I'd like a reusable vaccine - the relics are terrible and I don't want to use one, even if it is 306.

Edited by DawnAskham

So use the vaccine from the medical droids, and keep your gear equipped?

I'm just going to quote myself from another thread.

... Either way, it was a convenience item, and if you earn the reputation and spend the credits to get an item for the convenience of not having to pick up individual consumables anymore, then "just go pick up those consumables" should not be the solution.

Hey folks,

It is intended that if you are not wearing a relic that you lose it's on-use effect as noted, which includes the Antiviral Kit. However, we definitely understand this has gearing implications and so we are looking at ways to make the experience of the Antiviral Kit be less detrimental to your character's power where possible.

Why? Why would this need changed? what was game breaking about it? I mean with all the bugs in this game - this is what the devs decided to "fix".

It is a convenience item that people earned the rep for in order to get then suddenly change it. Why? People would get this so they did not have to carry around a bunch of stims.

We will share any updates as we have them and thank you for the feedback.

-eric

Just remove them from the game... they are worthless now - stims actually work better due to not having to mess with your gear to get the buff. And the buff stays with the stim after use. Unlike this crappy relic does now.

I really would like to know the logic behind this. Someone please explain the need for this change.

Hey folks,

It is intended that if you are not wearing a relic that you lose it's on-use effect as noted, which includes the Antiviral Kit. However, we definitely understand this has gearing implications and so we are looking at ways to make the experience of the Antiviral Kit be less detrimental to your character's power where possible. We will share any updates as we have them and thank you for the feedback.

-eric

You dont know what happening now in FPs and OPs i guess, When someone is infected inside an FP/OP, immediately gets kick vote for it. PLUS if we forget to remove the vaccine-kit, the loot goes down.

SO, for those, i believe, it was a very BAD move that change you made.

I really would like to know the logic behind this. Someone please explain the need for this change.

From page 5 of the thread:

In theory, you could activate primal fatesealer for the alacrity boost, swap it out for something else, and accelerate the pace of your opener. Somehow that was profoundly unbalanced and was screaming out for nerfing

And, some of my trademark snarkiness (underline not original):

It absolutely had to be pushed out, over multiple other important fixes, because it was absolutely game breaking, exploitative, and bad. It was so bad they couldn’t wait to address the collateral damage from the change. A feature that has literally been present since the beginning of clicky Relics sometime in 1.x is now suddenly a priority fix, the antiviral kit be darned. If you can’t see how important this was, you are part of the problem.

I hope you can glean the salient points through the sarcasm.

I'm just going to quote myself from another thread.

It's absolutely the answer. As far as I'm concerned, you should never be able to glean the benefits from gear you don't have equipped.

InB4 "If you had the rep, you'd understand", I do have the rep, I even have some of the relics. It should have been a passive bonus from the start.

Bioware, why not just convert the relic into a non-consuming vaccine injector that you can put on your task bar or keep in your inventory.

Give it a 7 day timer so you only need to click it once per event and be done with it.

Why does it need to be a relic? It makes no sense now that you can’t remove it after applying the vaccine effect. Just change it.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I'm at the point where I think they should just remove the damn thing and everyone has to just use the consumable vaccines sold from the fleet vendor. It's simple enough to use and lasts until you die, where you can easily just reapply it.

They're not just available on the fleet either. Most medical droids in the worlds that can have the event have them as well.

They're not just available on the fleet either. Most medical droids in the worlds that can have the event have them as well.

Sadly, they aren’t available in arena pvp because there are no vendors in that format. Which means if you are queuing pvp and someone splurges plague on you in a match, you have no way to remove it.

Of course, Bioware have option here and so do players.

Bioware could disable plague while in pvp.

Bioware could add vendors that sell the vaccine into all pvp maps

Bioware could change the current relic to an non-consuming injector stim

Players could get the Rakghoul vaccine for the vendors before they queue

Edit:

I think part of the problem is players who have these relics already feel like they’ve been hard done by and Bioware’s lack of communication on this topic since September last year hasn’t helped.

They should just be honest and say we have no plans to change anything or “this is what we are planning to do to fix it”

As usual, it’s the silent treatment that players resent the most.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Sadly, they aren’t available in arena pvp because there are no vendors in that format. Which means if you are queuing pvp and someone splurges plague on you in a match, you have no way to remove it.

Of course, Bioware have option here and so do players.

Bioware could disable plague while in pvp.

Bioware could add vendors that sell the vaccine into all pvp maps

Bioware could change the current relic to an non-consuming injector stim

Players could get the Rakghoul vaccine for the vendors before they queue

Edit:

I think part of the problem is players who have these relics already feel like they’ve been hard done by and Bioware’s lack of communication on this topic since September last year hasn’t helped.

They should just be honest and say we have no plans to change anything or “this is what we are planning to do to fix it”

As usual, it’s the silent treatment that players resent the most.

During the Rakghoul event, I keep a vaccine on me, and I actually do own some of these relics. I got them a long time ago, and just sort of quit using them. It's probably been more than two years since one of them has been out of a cargo hold. The vaccines are relatively cheap, and accessible, so I just keep a couple on me during the event, just in case...

During the Rakghoul event, I keep a vaccine on me, and I actually do own some of these relics. I got them a long time ago, and just sort of quit using them. It's probably been more than two years since one of them has been out of a cargo hold. The vaccines are relatively cheap, and accessible, so I just keep a couple on me during the event, just in case...

Oh, I agree. I do the same thing.

But I can see why people are annoyed at Bioware because Musco responded as if they were working on a fix and there hasn’t been one since September.

Honestly, I don’t expect this is high on BioWare’s list of things to do. Not that I don’t think it shouldn’t be fixed, I just don’t think they have it set as a priority or a fix would have been done by now.

Which means they should probably come clean about their intentions and say any potential fix could be a long way off and people should get used to using the vaccines.

Not that I don’t think it shouldn’t be fixed, I just don’t think they have it set as a priority

Neither was reverting functionality of on-use "clicky" relics that had been condoned since their invention back in 1.x.

Problems that have literally existed since the game's inception deserve a thorough analysis of the impact of their fixes to assess for collateral damage.

But, since there is an easy workaround that also serves as a credit sink, there is not a lot of incentive on the part of Bioware to right this particular (admittedly minor) wrong.

Anyway I've made my points. I'm deciding now not to hold on to this grudge and forgive Bioware for their trespass against us.

No, no I, cannot we are talking about the Rakghoul relic.

The point would be that they didn't set out to change the rakghoul relics, they made a global change to how clicky relics work. Not that this makes it any better, but you asked for the logic behind the change, so it's relevant to know what the change actually was. Rakghoul relics becoming useless was an oversight, not a decision.

Edited by cyrusramsey