All the more reason to make regular BG losses COUNT FOR POINTS!

Jarbarian

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone thinks you and your skill is the sole reason that you lose so often, however, that it's a contributing factor for a lot of games is pretty evident for most players complaining (and that is fine). Skill is a factor in winning/losing, even the best player can lose a game when playing with 7 bots and the worst can win with 7 amazing players, but in the long run it evens out.

Im my case, I know the objective, but I cannot guard every base and I cannot stop 2+ enemies attacking me at a base and when I call for help, no one answered.

That's not even remotely my fault. I do my part, but if 1/8th of the team is what wins or loses matches, then yeah, it's all my fault we lose most matches.

I'm pvping because I have to for pve. Which of course is super fun. I'm ilevel 281. I'm versus 304+ non stop. I have to play at minimum 20 games or win 10. Gooooood times. I've played 12 games thus far. I've won: 4 times.

All four times were carries. The enemy team was outmatched by the group that queueueued and roflstomped the enemy team.

First game- the three gun shooty one. I did defense, because I'm pointless on offense. I did tank one DPS, but that was because they were a keyboard turner. I just stayed behind them. Then they used their stuns. A friendly came by so he died. Otherwise, I was almost dead to rights. Gear gap ftw right? (Most of y'all are just twinks, be honest. You just like stomping newbies.)

Second game- Huttball. Yay? We got roflstomped. It was like 6 to 0. I was tanked by all the healers as I was trying to take out the healers or at least put pressure on them so we might stop a ball runner. AHAHAHAHHAHA! Yeah no. I got one healer down to 75% before they killed me. That was awesome. Nice and super fun!

Third game- The one with the gates you have to blow up. We won! I did absolutely nothing of consequence. I tagged people on gate if they were fighting. But they liquefied before I could get three shots in. Fun. (So hey, the 306+ twinks in unranked helped me! Joy? Is that fun?)

Fifth game- Hullball. Could it be three balls or four minutes? Please Bastile Shan? A close game. We lost. Most of the field was in the middle killing each other. Heh. An actual newbies v newbies game! I had fun! We lost, but it was fun because I could ACTUALLY matter.

Sixth game- An arena? I was totally lost until I realized these pop for pvp. I did almost no damage. I healed myself because I'm squishy as nutter butters. The most I contributed was to kite away a damage dealer who focused then tunneled on me. Yay? We won?

Seventh through eleven, I quit typing this post because I was going to Tatooine for the open pvp quest. Also did turned in my quests. UH!! TAKE THAT!! I got ONE count them ONE piece of 282 gear! Sweet! Oh wait, my belt is 281 and a set piece. No upgrade mods. So I got some more Tech Frags! Yay? I can buy another piece of set gear (that's two!) But.... I can get it up for 282 at most due to mods.

Twelfth game- Just finished a hutball match. I was able to do... nothing? I had the ball for 2.3 seconds I think. It was a blur of pretty colors like 2001. I did stop a goal! Oh wait, no I didn't. I did 2% damage while two other players did the rest. They enemy team ignored me.

Okay- So I can get another set piece. To upgrade this here chest to 306 I need 96.90 MILLION credits. Just checked. Not including an augment, which is another 5.6 million.

So yeah. I'll pvp while I need it for PVE. I hope your team doesn't get me because y'all will curse me and complain at me. Or you'll tell me to stop queueuueuing. Or, at best, you'll just ignore me and hope I queueueue on the OTHER team. Then, you'll find me for an easy kill. You get off on that. You enjoy killing the lowbies. You love your twink life.

Enjoy. I'll be done with the game. You'll be sad when queueueueueuues take 1 hour. You'll quit and try to find something else, but you'll be sad for all the money and time and effort you put in the game.

Or! You could help push for better things! You could try and help us newbie/lowbie pvpers! I know you won't! You enjoy your "status" as a high level pvper. I mean, you're not, but you believe you are. Just for a moment. Toodles!

I'm pvping because I have to for pve.

1.)Paragraphs...

2.) Where in the world did you get the idea you need to pvp in order to pve? In absolutely no way do you need to do that. Gearing through pvp is the SLOWEST thing you could possibly do. If you're trying to gear up go run flashpoints, either veteran or master mode.

If you enjoy pvp, then pvp, but if you're doing it to gear up and doing it just for the daily....stop, you're wasting your time.

Im my case, I know the objective, but I cannot guard every base and I cannot stop 2+ enemies attacking me at a base and when I call for help, no one answered.

That's not even remotely my fault. I do my part, but if 1/8th of the team is what wins or loses matches, then yeah, it's all my fault we lose most matches.

The problems that PvP has is mainly due to the fact that there is NO TUTORIAL for PvP at all (slightly off-topic: there is one for GSF but it's meaningless).

Many times I've run into a tunnelling situation and not one DPS deigns to use any of their stuns/mezzes etc. to peel the other team from their target (or if they do, they often break it on the next GCD which is a huge waste). They just bother with damaging attacks, not realising this is not helping their team (admittedly this is a tank's role, but if there isn't one or the tank is the target...). Similar situation with any healers using half of their healing toolkit.

As has been pointed out, by you and a few others, the majority of players number farm in all forms of warzone maps, ignoring the objective and leaving me to guard it (this hampers either my ability to apply guard, taunts and/or heals in a dense area; e.g. hypergate central zone) or it leaves me as the only active defender in huttball matches, which is detrimental to wins. If this actually happens and I call for help on incoming attackers, only 20% of the time I actually get reinforcements..

Edited by Tralonio

The problems that PvP has is mainly due to the fact that there is NO TUTORIAL for PvP at all (slightly off-topic: there is one for GSF but it's meaningless).

Many times I've run into a tunnelling situation and not one DPS deigns to use any of their stuns/mezzes etc. to peel the other team from their target (or if they do, they often break it on the next GCD which is a huge waste). They just bother with damaging attacks, not realising this is not helping their team (admittedly this is a tank's role, but if there isn't one or the tank is the target...). Similar situation with any healers using half of their healing toolkit.

As has been pointed out, by you and a few others, the majority of players number farm in all forms of warzone maps, ignoring the objective and leaving me to guard it (this hampers either my ability to apply guard, taunts and/or heals in a dense area; e.g. hypergate central zone) or it leaves me as the only active defender in huttball matches, which is detrimental to wins. If this actually happens and I call for help on incoming attackers, only 20% of the time I actually get reinforcements..

100% spot on correct!

So I am still not doing much PVP as its still not much fun for me, but just reading through a few threads tonight I don't get the mentality of many of the self proclaimed "good" pvp players regarding unranked, people who can finish multiple weekly's in a day, carry 8 man teams, etc.

That mentality seems to be that if you are not "good", not willing to group up before you queue, then you don't deserve to play/win and should just piss off.

My question is, shouldn't you lot be of in ranked with all the other "good" players? Isn't that the point of the ranked and unranked? Somewhere for the unskilled to run about whacking each other and somewhere for the serious PVP players?

It's nothing but elitism, one of the things most people hate about PVP, and one of the reasons the majority of players wont touch it, so ye, well done contributing to the downfall of the entire game mode...

i really don't understand the people who are crying about that change,

When Swtor came out it was like that.

It was like that at the Start, and the Change for counting losses made it worse.

No communication anymore because not needed.

Everyone played Solo and people did no Teamwork anymore. Because not needed.

Just play, spent time queing and solving quest by its own.

No reasoning, Casual for the lazy people. No meaning, Rewards for everyone. Boring.

Wrong approach imo.

Edited by dreckwurst

Nothing will be fixed with SWTOR pvp until they quarantine arena play, or better yet drown it in a shallow puddle. Its the worst format for balance, and the worst format for fun.

Except for those of us that find them more fun. It's the main reason I almost exclusively queue ranked.

Nothing will be fixed with SWTOR pvp until they quarantine arena play, or better yet drown it in a shallow puddle. Its the worst format for balance, and the worst format for fun.

It has its place and purpose and shouldn’t be removed.

The problem is bioware removed the only competitive objective format and turned the meta into 4 classes per season for arena and the ranked guys infected objective pvp with their death match mentality.

Arena should have always been a seperate queue. Objective ranked shouldn’t have been completely removed, but instead trialed as a solo queue format.

Then you could have had two distinct pvp formats from the lowest skilled to the highest.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I agree with this. At least make the reg WZs have a better a grouping scheme with some kind of reference to gear and the number of healers if you are going to make quest points only count with wins. Otherwise put it back the way it was. Subscriber since launch here btw

...because now all the "professionals" (aka, basement dwellers who do nothing but PVP professionally) have invaded the unrated BGs and grouping up and making regular, non rated PVP players suffer with loss after loss where trying to get 10 wins TAKES DAYS not hours.

If this is SWTOR's idea of fun, I'm ready to unsub and delete the game.

If GSF losses count as 1 win, why do NON RATED BGs losses count for nothing?

Whoever thought of this idea and whoever allowed it in to production should be FIRED, immediately.

FIX IT!

GSF losses count as a win, so should NON RATED BGs count as 1 win. A win should count for 2. Same thing,

But you won't because if GSF losses counted for nothing, people would stop playing GSF.

And since you ARE doing it to non rated BGs, I've noticed that only PRO PVPers are playing regular BGs.

Yar, lol! Still running in to premades in unranked PVP.

This is still NOT acceptable. Should never be able to queue unrated BGs as a group.

Queue as a group yoursefl then. You'll find yourself running into way more premades and losing more often than if you just solo queued running into the 1 premade once in a blue moon.

Premades are only half of a team.

Edited by Raansu

There clearly arent enough of you to stop people from begging people to queue ranked during prime times on fleet.

I never post for people to queue. Some people do just to get more people queueing when it's already popping to get faster pops. The solo ranked population on SF has so far been better than last season.

I never post for people to queue. Some people do just to get more people queueing when it's already popping to get faster pops. The solo ranked population on SF has so far been better than last season.

Doesn't stop me from seeing that snivelling in the pvp channel basically every day

You have to admit, there are a lot of posts that beg people to queue ranked.

I never said there wasn't...but just because people sometimes post "queue solos" in chat doesn't mean that solos is dead. Again, often people will post that while it's already popping just to get more people in queue to get faster pops. I don't really see how that's a problem. I'm pretty sure you can disable the pvp channel if it bothers you.