All the more reason to make regular BG losses COUNT FOR POINTS!

Jarbarian

premades have went up for sure, brilliant change by biofail. these guys don't learn, this is why swtor failed in 2012. they never answer to feedback.

my solo unranked is now usually 7~9 losses before I get a lucky win.

Sounds about right.

Those trends are affecting my enjoyment too...but do try to be a little less vitriolic. Good players, as with any tier of skill, come from all walks.

If you're frustrated because you're using PvP to gear for PvP...don't. Use Hammer Station or another very quick flashpoint for that. If you're on Starforge, i'd be happy to run something with you.

If you're just frustrated, we all get there. Hopefully the pendulum will swing back a little the other way soon.

I'm frustrated with playing against PREMADES in unranked PVP and requiring 10 wins when, see above, it takes more than a day to get.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why you talk about regs only. This must be implemented to team ranked too so new or bad players would not be scared out from playing team ranked. Only-win quests must remain only in solo ranked for a well-known reasons

Not team ranked but solo ranked. But I guess there its OK, I mean we all strive to win there so we do not have such issues. However, last night while trying to get the weekly done (thats the only reason to play ranked) I really struggled with my merc. Sentinel was easy 10 matches, but with merc I spend an entire 4 hours while progressing 6/8 in the end. My rating went from 1250 to like 1120 :D

But anyway, would be nice if the losses counted there too so that i can make the weekly even with losses.

I agree, I really don't understand who is supposed to benefit from this? if we are talking about solo-unranked, you are going to find the new and less skilled PVP players here by design, its just demoralizing losing repentantly and not even progressing your quests for the time spent, all that will accomplish is to drive players away from PVP.

For me; I have just returned to the game and was initially very pleased that queues for solo unranked and GSF were both much shorter than when I left (In fact that was one of the reasons I did leave).

After a few days though, I gave up on the PVP side. While matches were coming up much more frequently, the majority of them were just one team facerolling the other, and I mostly found myself on the losing side, even when placed on the winning side it's not actually that much fun when it's so one sided.

I don't follow the issues of the day and all that, all I know is that its not fun for me like this, and if its not fun, I'm not doing it. GSF on the other hand is a lot of fun right now, so I'm just spending my time there instead.

Honestly the replies here are laughable.

Do any of you people complaining ever watch any pvp streams?

Like Snave, or anyone on twitch?

I do my weekly pvp quests on all characters in a matter of hours and you all sit here complaining that it takes you days for one (1?!) Character. And that its somehow the games fault? Lmao

If you would just properly educate yourself on how pvp actually works you too could get several characters weeklies done every day. It really doesnt take a PvP mastermind.

All of you have gotten spoiled for way too long.. seriously if you are complaining about not being able to do 1 weekly in a day it is entirely your own incompetence speaking.

Learn how to actually pvp, and then you can reap the rewards. Not the other way around.

Enough said. Don't sit here crying about how you can't win, and just get better so you actually deserve to complete that daily/weekly/whatever the f

I agree, I really don't understand who is supposed to benefit from this? if we are talking about solo-unranked, you are going to find the new and less skilled PVP players here by design, its just demoralizing losing repentantly and not even progressing your quests for the time spent, all that will accomplish is to drive players away from PVP.

For me; I have just returned to the game and was initially very pleased that queues for solo unranked and GSF were both much shorter than when I left (In fact that was one of the reasons I did leave).

After a few days though, I gave up on the PVP side. While matches were coming up much more frequently, the majority of them were just one team facerolling the other, and I mostly found myself on the losing side, even when placed on the winning side it's not actually that much fun when it's so one sided.

I don't follow the issues of the day and all that, all I know is that its not fun for me like this, and if its not fun, I'm not doing it. GSF on the other hand is a lot of fun right now, so I'm just spending my time there instead.

Welcome back.

Get used to getting facerolled by a pre-made (ran into many today). I'm 6 hours in to PVP today, I have 8 of 10 wins (2 came from last night). So six wins in six hours = 1 win PER HOUR. So logically it'd take 10 hours a day to cap all 10 wins.

Now imagine if you have every class on both Sith and Pub side. Forget finishing your weeklies. This isn't rated PVP, grouping up for non ranked should be banned. Queue, toss in random players, have fun, let a loss count as 1 win, a win as 2 and let people enjoy the game.

Then again, the developers of games rarely listen to paying customers anyway.

Welcome back.

Get used to getting facerolled by a pre-made (ran into many today). I'm 6 hours in to PVP today, I have 8 of 10 wins (2 came from last night). So six wins in six hours = 1 win PER HOUR. So logically it'd take 10 hours a day to cap all 10 wins.

Now imagine if you have every class on both Sith and Pub side. Forget finishing your weeklies. This isn't rated PVP, grouping up for non ranked should be banned. Queue, toss in random players, have fun, let a loss count as 1 win, a win as 2 and let people enjoy the game.

Then again, the developers of games rarely listen to paying customers anyway.

Lol okay, give me a minute to finish my dinner and ill boot up the stream to play some regs.

Want to bet I can get at least 2 weeklies done before midnight? :rolleyes:

Welcome back.

Its called a weekly for a reason.....

If you come to pvp to collect rewards and lose more than you win it is very probable that you are a factor contributing to that loss. I know people that queue alone and win 9 out of 10 matches, because they learnt to carry. The least you can do is pull your weight so you win a 50%.

I'm sorry but no. Keep the weekly as it is, I'm sick of players not even watching doors in a Voidstar. If you can't win 50% of your matches or you don't have the intention, please go do something else.

I think the only real takeaway is that Regs shouldn't be as hard to win as as they are now. Before this all came to be i could queue duo with a friend and win 80% of games we played. Now we have up to 4 ppl group queuing . I don't think a regular casual player that just queued pvp for some fun should even be close to such a difficult game. It hurts the game as a whole. Now i can deal with those games if i had a team of close to equal skill but way too often you get just pure unwinnable games that were lost from the accept button. And don't even get me started on games i need to fill. Oh my god. The moment you see the game is in progress you already know its so lost you might as well not even try. Regs are a place where ppl go to learn and play pvp for fun not to compete with groups of highly skilled players. BioWare did something that caused skilled players to queue in big groups to get their weeklies done insanely fast and the ppl who suffer are solo players and unskilled players. Whether or not you agree with the change is completely irrelevant. You can't just tell ppl in regs to git gud. THERE IS NOWHERE LEFT FOR THEM TO ACTUALLY TRAIN AND GET GOOD.

You can't just tell ppl in regs to git gud. THERE IS NOWHERE LEFT FOR THEM TO ACTUALLY TRAIN AND GET GOOD.

You can do a little research before you do regs. Read a guide, watch some streams, get informed.

There is no excuse for being an actual hinderance to your team.

Lol okay, give me a minute to finish my dinner and ill boot up the stream to play some regs.

Want to bet I can get at least 2 weeklies done before midnight? :rolleyes:

Actually did this, btw. Went 13-2 in just over 4 hours and that was with a whole boatload of full length voidstars

Edited by Evolixe

I think the only real takeaway is that Regs shouldn't be as hard to win as as they are now. Before this all came to be i could queue duo with a friend and win 80% of games we played. Now we have up to 4 ppl group queuing . I don't think a regular casual player that just queued pvp for some fun should even be close to such a difficult game. It hurts the game as a whole. Now i can deal with those games if i had a team of close to equal skill but way too often you get just pure unwinnable games that were lost from the accept button. And don't even get me started on games i need to fill. Oh my god. The moment you see the game is in progress you already know its so lost you might as well not even try. Regs are a place where ppl go to learn and play pvp for fun not to compete with groups of highly skilled players. BioWare did something that caused skilled players to queue in big groups to get their weeklies done insanely fast and the ppl who suffer are solo players and unskilled players. Whether or not you agree with the change is completely irrelevant. You can't just tell ppl in regs to git gud. THERE IS NOWHERE LEFT FOR THEM TO ACTUALLY TRAIN AND GET GOOD.

This is a good resource for players.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=939837

Instead of complaining about lockouts and premades, why not talk about things that matter like class balance. Like how about why is a skill like e-net still in the game? Thart ability is literal cancer.

Then start a thread about it instead of pulling other threads down and I’m sure you’ll get support. We all know this game has lots of issues that need addressing. So instead of all the infighting that gets off topic, we should have dedicated threads so it’s easier for the devs to read and not have to sort through all the off topic **** talk and semi trolling some people do (not insinuating you).

If you come to pvp to collect rewards and lose more than you win it is very probable that you are a factor contributing to that loss. I know people that queue alone and win 9 out of 10 matches, because they learnt to carry. The least you can do is pull your weight so you win a 50%.

I'm sorry but no. Keep the weekly as it is, I'm sick of players not even watching doors in a Voidstar. If you can't win 50% of your matches or you don't have the intention, please go do something else.

This is the kind of naive comments that chap my hide. *I* personally work my *** off in every match. But I'm stuck with a bunch of PVE players on my side while the other team is a PREMADE who understands objectives.

If you think I'm the sole reason we are losing match then that tells everyone you've announced to the SWTOR world that you are naive and ill informed. Usually attributed to people who say "It's just you" when they know that is hardly the fact.

This is the kind of naive comments that chap my hide. *I* personally work my *** off in every match. But I'm stuck with a bunch of PVE players on my side while the other team is a PREMADE who understands objectives.

If you think I'm the sole reason we are losing match then that tells everyone you've announced to the SWTOR world that you are naive and ill informed. Usually attributed to people who say "It's just you" when they know that is hardly the fact.

You're acting like this is every other pop which it really isn't. If you're losing more than half of your unranked warzones you really do need to take a hard look in the mirror.

I don't think anyone thinks you and your skill is the sole reason that you lose so often, however, that it's a contributing factor for a lot of games is pretty evident for most players complaining (and that is fine). Skill is a factor in winning/losing, even the best player can lose a game when playing with 7 bots and the worst can win with 7 amazing players, but in the long run it evens out.

I'm sick of players not even watching doors in a Voidstar. If you can't win 50% of your matches or you don't have the intention, please go do something else.

I'm willing to bet that you're blaming weaker players for the sins of stronger players in some of these cases. There are, whether you're willing to admit it or not, players who farm numbers and don't care one iota for winning. I'd be more inclined to agree with you were every player endeavoring to win each match.

The real problem is the incentive to win...and there isn't one for players who have bis gear for all or most characters in their legacies. Trixxie posted something awhile ago about getting rid of the scoreboard for everyone else but the player at the keyboard. That might work except that currently everyone knows the benchmark for numbers in different categories, particularly dps.

What we need, in addition to what she suggested, is better matchmaking and REAL incentives to win.

Well, those are my thoughts. :)