Guildmaster Community-July 2020 Requests & Updates

Naraana

I guess you didn't bother to read the linked article as it states the respawn timer.

Unless you can link me a patch note that states the respawn has changed, I will stick with what Dufly states & what I've experienced & had another GM say the same thing.

I said it was a collective. Never said "all small guilds were asked this". Come on Casirabit, you've been here long enough to know not to do that.

Just an FYI, it's not just a special amount of guilds, selected by certain people, etc...It's a game wide discord dedicated to the GM's & their co-GM's. Where they can meet other GM's discuss issues, ideas, chat, etc...All servers are represented. If you're the GM, why not join & attend the next Guildmaster's Summit & share your ideas there? As long as you're respectful to all, not toxic, etc...You're welcome there.

Really? I have a problem with the way this is handled (1) Not advertise properly (2) It has to be in discord, which not everyone like or even wants (3) Time -There are different time zones so not everyone can attend that kind of meeting. So you are still limiting on who can go.

A better way would be opening up a special forum with what they want to discuss and getting input that way and that way no one is left out whether or not they can attend the meeting. Their input would be considered and not overlooked or not even considered which is what is happening now.

There was a meeting without the input of other guilds. A input of 10-15 guilds is not a majority and changes that they want to do is something that more than those that "were there" should be considered.

In order to get a majority idea of what small, medium, large guilds want there needs to be a better input and opening a special forum listing what they would like to discuss would get better results than a meeting on discord that you may know or not know about and yet they come to the forums asking for changes to things that not everyone agrees with.

Even with our small guild, we don't have discord type meetings. We will open up a special area for all our members to list their concerns and what they would like to see, that way we do not leave people out just because they can't make a "meeting in game or on discord, etc" because of the time or their inability to come because of real life.

Edited by casirabit

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I have a problem with the way this is handled (1) Not advertise properly (2) It has to be in discord, which not everyone like or even wants (3) Time -There are different time zones so not everyone can attend that kind of meeting. So you are still limiting on who can go.

A better way would be opening up a special forum with what they want to discuss and getting input that way and that way no one is left out whether or not they can attend the meeting. Their input would be considered and not overlooked or not even considered which is what is happening now.

There was a meeting without the input of other guilds. A input of 10-15 guilds is not a majority and changes that they want to do is something that more than those that "were there" should be considered.

In order to get a majority idea of what small, medium, large guilds want there needs to be a better input and opening a special forum listing what they would like to discuss would get better results than a meeting on discord that you may know or not know about and yet they come to the forums asking for changes to things that not everyone agrees with.

Even with our small guild, we don't have discord type meetings. We will open up a special area for all our members to list their concerns and what they would like to see, that way we do not leave people out just because they can't make a "meeting in game or on discord, etc" because of the time or their inability to come because of real life.

^^ This. The entire way it's handled as a Discord meeting excludes many people when considering logisitics alone. Add to the fact that it's not widely advertised and I'd bet that the vast majority of GMs were not aware it was even happening.

I guess you didn't bother to read the linked article as it states the respawn timer.

Unless you can link me a patch note that states the respawn has changed, I will stick with what Dufly states & what I've experienced & had another GM say the same thing.

My bad, I nearly missed this post. You are linking to Dulfy, and the guide is dated 2014 something. Even the person who wrote it doesn't seem to actually know the exact timer. She says ~ 3,hours, which implies she doesn't really know. I know for a fact that it is exactly 4 hours, and so do all 8 GM's I know (since we are counting) and about 50 players I regularly play with. You also don't need that many players to kill them, but by all means, go camp there for ~3 hours with 4 people because Dulfy says so. I couldn't care less.

The Guildmaster Hotspot community

The what?

Link is in the OP's signature.

It's not a new thing. Just word has to be passed around.

This should have happened BEFORE you come to this forum to post your suggestions and make it look like this was discussed on some big meeting.

To summarise what I learned on the previous pages: There are some 10 to 12 guildmaster in this "Guildmaster Hotspot". This is not representive.

I run 3 small guilds (1 of them since 2011, 1 since 2013, 1 I took over this year) and have chars in 2 major guilds on 2 different servers. The presented idea about getting rid of the flagship plans as Conquest rewards is the worst idea someone could come up with regarding Conquest. This idea is so bad, and beyond any possible reasoning, that not even BW themselves had it on their wall of crazy!

And Captain Rogue, with all due respect, why are you defending this idea so strongly in this thread? It's kinda cringeworthy, sorry, for saying it bluntly like that.

Anyone claiming that the big guilds won't farm the commanders and prevent small guilds from ever getting a kill is delusional. We have a schedule for the commanders in both big guilds I'm in. We're always there. And we have zero need for those plans. They are being sold. And we would definitely continue doing so on PvE servers. Why wouldn't we? And with "we", I mean the guilds. I rarely participate in the commanders farming, as it's not my kind of thing.

TL;DR: OP represents an extremely small guildmaster community with partially very different opinions about this game than a majority of guildmasters. Take it with a grain of salt. Conquest is finally in an acceptable state, BW. Please leave it this way.

Edited by JattaGin

And Captain Rogue, with all due respect, why are you defending this idea so strongly in this thread? It's kinda cringeworthy, sorry, for saying it bluntly like that.

Anyone claiming that the big guilds won't farm the commanders and prevent small guilds from ever getting a kill is delusional. We have a schedule for the commanders in both big guilds I'm in. We're always there. And we have zero need for those plans. They are being sold. And we would definitely continue doing so on PvE servers. Why wouldn't we? And with "we", I mean the guilds. I rarely participate in the commanders farming, as it's not my kind of thing.

TL;DR: OP represents an extremely small guildmaster community with partially very different opinions about this game than a majority of guildmasters. Take it with a grain of salt. Conquest is finally in an acceptable state, BW. Please leave it this way.

Even if a small guild was somehow lucky enough to find a commander up, in my experience, the vast majority don't have the capabilities to bring down the shield at all anyway.

I mean, the idea that it would help seems silly only considering the fact I've led guilds off and on for 4 years now, and not once have we managed to successfully kill a commander, even when we've (in the past) set aside days to try to do so.

Pointing out that small guilds can join the ops group of large guilds and still benefit is maybe the worst addendum at all with this in mind, because the guild's expansion then relies entirely upon the beneficence of larger guilds. I can't wait to see all three guilds start charging credits for small guilds to join commander runs.

In fact, thinking on it - I already know, from my experience, that those in smaller guilds slot alt toons in Large Yield conquest guilds for the rewards. Would this not then boost their numbers even moreso?

Edited by jedimasterjac

And to the devs, not all guild masters are represented in this thread.

Clearly there are hundreds of active guilds and the discord meeting alleged to include around a dozen and then there are the replies in this thread, some from GMs, some from players with opinions (I don't think one is more important than another. Being a GM doesn't make one closer to becoming a big-shot). So there are still hundreds of opinions that haven't even been a part of this discussion. So far, regarding the suggested conquest changes, there doesn't seem to be much support in this thread, but I'm sure there must be some out there.

Discord is a nice tool for coordinating groups and making friends, but I'd recommend that if a collection of guilds wants to submit a suggestion for change, they do it right here by participating in the official forums - which happens to be more time-friendly to all participants. Discussing it in a discord meeting and then posting a summary here seems to be adding one unnecessary step.

OK first & foremost my opinion is that of my own. It does not reflect all those of the Guildmaster's Hotspot Discord.

With that said...

The discord is open to all who would like to join that are GM's. Believe me there is more than 10-15 guilds represented in there. lol It's in the hundreds. But since it's not my discord, I just am in there, then I don't feel it's up to me to divulge all the info.

As for the logistics, it's pre-planned with timezones & what-not to try & make it viable for all interested in joining.

For that Discord is a perfect place for it.

For those stating "Why didn't we know about it? Why wasn't this advertised? etc..." This isn't the first time they've held a summit. Probably won't be the last.

This was from earlier this year:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=976833

In fact some of you here, actually came in there with ideas. You had the option then of joining & still do.

That's on you. Not sure why so many of you have such hostility towards the idea & energy put towards this & slam it so much.

As for the conquest changes:

I am against the messed up info Jatta. The slander that the venture is just big guilds going to benefit from this. That's it's just a few friends represented here lying about it, etc... That's a load of crap.

My stance on it is this:

IMO I say keep the conquest plans on the PvP instances only. Or allow them on PvE too, but flag people for PvP there. But I am a PvPer. I like that. There is those who do not like PvP. *shrugs*

And to the devs, not all guild masters are represented in this thread.

No but you could be. That's your choice. A more unified voice on topics GM's come across would hold more weight with proposing changes to GM's.

I just want to iterate that a couple of GMs who are friends with one another hopping in a discord together is not a summit. It has no authority, and one's willingness to join such a thing has almost no bearing on whether or not they want to see the game improve.

*sighs* Wow...trust me (or don't) it's not just a few "friends" discord hopping. :rolleyes:

and by your own admission there were 10-12 "small guilds" represented?

lol No, that was a hypothetical statement based off the statement. Which I have quoted for you below. Don't twist my words. It's not my place to state exactly how many GM's showed up.

But why does the voice of the 5-8 GMs of small guilds here trump that of say 10-12 in that summit??

Anyway, I'm moving on from here. Peace out. I've said my piece. This is not my circus, not my monkeys.

My stance on it is this:

IMO I say keep the conquest plans on the PvP instances only. Or allow them on PvE too, but flag people for PvP there. But I am a PvPer. I like that. There is those who do not like PvP. *shrugs*

There are a lot of subtle efforts to boost open-world PvP by content design. I enjoy that as well. I'm not sure what it is exactly that turns people off to it. There are no repair bills associated with PvP. You no longer require special stats to have an advantage. I mean ... the worst thing that can happen is hurt pride. You may have to admit that somebody else is better than you. IMO, it's a more realistic scenario during a war or conflict. It's also the only thing that may genuinely be "exciting." It may not be "fair," but again that's more realistic. I like knowing there's another threat out there besides the NPCs. I like that the threat may actually move around and be less predictable than NPCs. I like thinking that I may have a nemesis out there that has my number and motivates me to improve.

OK first & foremost my opinion is that of my own. It does not reflect all those of the Guildmaster's Hotspot Discord.

So why get all bent out of shape because people disagreed with one part of what was offered?

Anyway, I'm moving on from here. Peace out. I've said my piece. This is not my circus, not my monkeys.

The why so defensive, and attack people who weren't even replying to you?

There are a lot of subtle efforts to boost open-world PvP by content design. I enjoy that as well. I'm not sure what it is exactly that turns people off to it. There are no repair bills associated with PvP. You no longer require special stats to have an advantage. I mean ... the worst thing that can happen is hurt pride. You may have to admit that somebody else is better than you. IMO, it's a more realistic scenario during a war or conflict. It's also the only thing that may genuinely be "exciting." It may not be "fair," but again that's more realistic. I like knowing there's another threat out there besides the NPCs. I like that the threat may actually move around and be less predictable than NPCs. I like thinking that I may have a nemesis out there that has my number and motivates me to improve.

OWPvP won't work with this engine, that's it's biggest issue, and it being forced on people who don't want it, is a wrong direction for this game to go. Some people may find it exciting, then again some people pour wax over their *ahem* , doesn't mean it's everyone's bag.

We have PvP instances, so you can play there, and enjoy it, but the fact they are so empty should tell you all you need to know.

Edited by DarkTergon

OWPvP won't work with this engine, that's it's biggest issue, and it being forced on people who don't want it, is a wrong direction for this game to go. Some people may find it exciting, then again some people pour wax over their *ahem* , doesn't mean it's everyone's bag.

We have PvP instances, so you can play there, and enjoy it, but the fact they are so empty should tell you all you need to know.

I'm well aware of this game's engine limitations. Despite them, I personally still enjoyed the old Ilum objective based OWPvP. I'm sure others did too, since there used to be full ops groups battling it out during peak times each day on otherwise smallish servers back at that time.

We can all choose instances to play on now (servers before) so PvP isn't forced on anyone. People accept the risk or they don't. Trying to promote the PvP aspect of the game is not a "wrong direction" since it does appeal to a portion of the player base.

I believe that the default setting on new characters is a PvE instance. Don't underestimate the effect that has on general instance population.

I'm well aware of this game's engine limitations. Despite them, I personally still enjoyed the old Ilum objective based OWPvP. I'm sure others did too, since there used to be full ops groups battling it out during peak times each day on otherwise smallish servers back at that time.

I'm not a Pvp player, but I have done PvP, I just consider it a small part of the game (personally, for me, not everyone :) ) , and something I did as part of levelling up. And I actually enjoyed OWPvP, when the servers didn't lag because there were too many. Even during the great old days, the lag for OWPvP was bad. I've agreed with many posts where people have asked for the engine to be looked at, and this to be fixed, but until then, we won't see it :(

We can all choose instances to play on now (servers before) so PvP isn't forced on anyone. People accept the risk or they don't. Trying to promote the PvP aspect of the game is not a "wrong direction" since it does appeal to a portion of the player base.

The forced aspect was more a comment on the post you had quoted, he was saying people who attacked the commanders would become flagged for PvP, (or something along those lines) which is the wrong direction, which would be forced PvP , my apologies for not being clearer, it was a very early morning, and I wasn't rational...lol.

Again, I've nothing against promoting PvP, it can be a fun aspect, and with 'some' of the changes they are making (and planning), it might tempt me to return to it.

I'm not a Pvp player, but I have done PvP, I just consider it a small part of the game (personally, for me, not everyone :) ) , and something I did as part of levelling up. And I actually enjoyed OWPvP, when the servers didn't lag because there were too many. Even during the great old days, the lag for OWPvP was bad. I've agreed with many posts where people have asked for the engine to be looked at, and this to be fixed, but until then, we won't see it :(

The forced aspect was more a comment on the post you had quoted, he was saying people who attacked the commanders would become flagged for PvP, (or something along those lines) which is the wrong direction, which would be forced PvP , my apologies for not being clearer, it was a very early morning, and I wasn't rational...lol.

Again, I've nothing against promoting PvP, it can be a fun aspect, and with 'some' of the changes they are making (and planning), it might tempt me to return to it.

I've enjoyed a lot of things in this game over the years. A majority of my time has been spent doing solo stuff, I would imagine. Still, I would say that the most enjoyable and memorable moments on this game involved OWPvP. I remember doing the original (non-recurring) Rakghoul event and trying hard to get the legacy armor sets at that time. I was never able to get all the stuff before the event ended because of the OWPvP in the event area. I still had a blast and enjoyed that event for all the memories more than I would have if it was just an item grind (solo). I also remember how the final mission in the Tatooine story line (before they turned it into a phased area) was almost always guaranteed to be your character's first OWPvP experience. We used to do guard duty for friends' characters ... good times. Of course that all happened on PvP servers.

I have no issue with OWPvP as long as it remains on the PvP servers. I've done a little PvP, but I have a visual disability and that does impact my reaction time, putting me at a disadvantage in PvP situations. I'm by no means the only disabled player in this game.

The encryptions should remain attainable as they are now. PvP can be encouraged without touching that. OWPvP can happen on the PvP servers, PvE servers should remain free of OWPvP. Everything in its place so people can play according to what they enjoy and what they're capable of doing.