Deserter Lockout, terrible new mechanic

Voriik

6 games in a row are 4v4 that is extremely unbalanced. Then there are premades and class imbalance.

Without addressing those issues this is a nail on the coffin for many, including me.

If you were getting 4v4, it means there weren’t enough players in the queue for 8v8.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were getting 4v4, it means there weren’t enough players in the queue for 8v8.

I understand that yet i don't want to play 4v4 most of the times since its very unbalanced. 3 healers vs 2 tanks etc.....

No that i want to play into premades........ I want a choice to leave the game without being punished for auto loss of a game.

Edited by Cherepk

I understand that yet i don't want to play 4v4 most of the times since its very unbalanced. 3 healers vs 2 tanks etc.....

No that i want to play into premades........ I want a choice to leave the game without being punished for auto loss of a game.

just play stealth, any time you run into premades in 4vs4 just go stealth afk :rak_03:

they usually get upset and leave lol

So I've just spent a few hours doing regs for pretty much the first time since the pvp season started.

From everything I can see the quality of the matches hasn't really improved in any sense of the word.

However it has become increasingly frustrating to be forced to stay in matches where the majority of the participants on one or either side have no real interest in the outcome and just want to battle it out like its a deathmatch.

In the end, I've just given up on playing at all for the day. Because being forced to play with people that don't really want to play is ultimately about the most unfun thing in gaming.

Honestly if this change is to stay I might give up on Regs completely because I just don't want to play in such an environment.

I believe I'm one of those PvPers you're going to have a really hard time to displease as far as content goes.

I've been playing the same sort of warzones for 8 years and I still enjoy the good games in there. However what this latest change means for me personally is that you might finally have found a way to make a diehard pvper not want to play your game anymore. Its a really sad regression that came with otherwise great changes.

I doubt that the quality of matches is going to make some sort of dramatic shift in 1 week.

What makes you think it will matter how much time has passed?

I see literally no incentive for people to change their behavior on the matters that I have a problem with.

Some people just play PvP that way. In the past I didn't have such a big issue with that because I could just leave and find a team with people a bit more compatible with my own motivations to play PvP.

Now I'm forced to sit that out, and I'm just not having it.

Edited by Evolixe

Biggest problem I have with the deserter lockout is they have left the gear lock in the game for regs. Yesterday I was trying to rearrange my inventory in spawn before a match started, and I accidentally right clicked a pair of boots with a different set bonus. Game started a second later and I couldn't remove them. Couldn't quit because of the lockout. All this does is hurt your team and make for a miserable game.

I was in the mood to do some pvp a couple of minutes ago. So I queued, and after waiting about a minute or two I got a pop. Unfortunately I got one of the 4v4 maps, so I left, and now will just do something else.

Let me choose which maps I want to play, and I won't quit. Until then, I would rather quit than play maps that I don't enjoy.

Edited by Exly

I was in the mood to do some pvp a couple of minutes ago. So I queued, and after waiting about a minute or two I got a pop. Unfortunately I got one of the 4v4 maps, so I left, and now will just do something else.

Let me choose which maps I want to play, and I won't quit. Until then, I would rather quit than play maps that I don't enjoy.

The 15min timer won’t really affect you if it’s popping 4v4 (if you don’t like those) because they only pop if there are not enough people in the queue for 8v8. So leaving and requeuing would most probably have just given you another 4v4 anyway.

The 15min timer won’t really affect you if it’s popping 4v4 (if you don’t like those) because they only pop if there are not enough people in the queue for 8v8. So leaving and requeuing would most probably have just given you another 4v4 anyway.

The timers affect my mood. So, even if they have no effect on which maps pop, they are effective at convincing me not to requeue in the hopes of getting a map that I do enjoy, like I used to do before timers were put into the game.

Timers also take people out of the queue, thus restricting the number of people able to queue, and shrinking the player pool, and maybe that's why 4v4's are popping instead of 8v8's.

Or, here's a thought, you could have just stayed and played the match instead of bailing on your teammates.

Biggest problem I have with the deserter lockout is they have left the gear lock in the game for regs. Yesterday I was trying to rearrange my inventory in spawn before a match started, and I accidentally right clicked a pair of boots with a different set bonus. Game started a second later and I couldn't remove them. Couldn't quit because of the lockout. All this does is hurt your team and make for a miserable game.

People ought to be able to choose their WZ, particularly if they got to eat a deserter debuff if they quit the match. These two things have to go together for it to be effective! All this is doing is causing resentment in the game.

The timers affect my mood. So, even if they have no effect on which maps pop, they are effective at convincing me not to requeue in the hopes of getting a map that I do enjoy, like I used to do before timers were put into the game.

Timers also take people out of the queue, thus restricting the number of people able to queue, and shrinking the player pool, and maybe that's why 4v4's are popping instead of 8v8's.

I already predicted the 15min timer would have affects on the queue outside of prime time. So what time was this happening?

People ought to be able to choose their WZ, particularly if they got to eat a deserter debuff if they quit the match. These two things have to go together for it to be effective! All this is doing is causing resentment in the game.

I'm against it personally. Random WZ's ensures all maps get played. A less popular map that some people like would end up dead and that's unfair to those players. The closest thing to being fair imo would be a map vote system when the queue pops and the match loads into the map that was voted for.

I'm against it personally. Random WZ's ensures all maps get played. A less popular map that some people like would end up dead and that's unfair to those players. The closest thing to being fair imo would be a map vote system when the queue pops and the match loads into the map that was voted for.

I understand your reasoning, but we will disagree on this one.

It's not complicated, people like choices in games, and spending time in a queue only to get a map that is utterly atrocious in ones mind to me is far less fair than someone being denied their favorite map because no one else queues for it.

If the number of people queing for a map is so low it never pops, perhaps that's a sign for BW to improve it? They could use metrics like that if they had half a brain.

Nah, I don't agree with sacrificing everyone else's time making them frustrated just to make a random crappy map pop more often to appease such a low number of players it would otherwise never pop. lol... Makes no sense to me.

I understand your reasoning, but we will disagree on this one.

It's not complicated, people like choices in games, and spending time in a queue only to get a map that is utterly atrocious in ones mind to me is far less fair than someone being denied their favorite map because no one else queues for it.

If the number of people queing for a map is so low it never pops, perhaps that's a sign for BW to improve it? They could use metrics like that if they had half a brain.

Nah, I don't agree with sacrificing everyone else's time making them frustrated just to make a random crappy map pop more often to appease such a low number of players it would otherwise never pop. lol... Makes no sense to me.

OG Huttball isn't a crappy map, yet I could see that map being dead because so many trash players hate it. A dead map doesn't equate to a bad map.

"IF" they add a option to a choose a map then they better make it so you can only complete the daily/weekly by having all maps checked, just like how FP's wont give you the group finder rewards if don't have all FP's checked.

OG Huttball isn't a crappy map, yet I could see that map being dead because so many trash players hate it. A dead map doesn't equate to a bad map.

"IF" they add a option to a choose a map then they better make it so you can only complete the daily/weekly by having all maps checked, just like how FP's wont give you the group finder rewards if don't have all FP's checked.

Solution is to have two ways to queue and then have extra rewards and missions.

1. Queue random to get that weekly done and have some sweet rewards for going it. But losing while in this queue also contributes to the current weekly we have.

2. Limited choice queuing where you can choose up to 3 maps you don’t want to play. This uses the current weekly system where you have to win to complete it.

3. Both queues types combined are used to form matches.

Or, here's a thought, you could have just stayed and played the match instead of bailing on your teammates.

I left with over a minute remaining on the timer before the match started. That should have been plenty of time to allow for another player to fill my slot before the match started.

Pointing the finger of blame at me does not solve the problem, but allowing me to choose which maps I queue for does.

allowing me to choose which maps I queue for does.

This is the most sensible thing for them to do. TBH, they could even leave maps that are crap in crappy shape because people won't complain about them nearly as much if they don't keep getting auto-queued into them!

Just let the people choose their maps and be done with it. Soon please.

I left with over a minute remaining on the timer before the match started. That should have been plenty of time to allow for another player to fill my slot before the match started.

Pointing the finger of blame at me does not solve the problem, but allowing me to choose which maps I queue for does.

You left the match. You are the one to blame and deservedly got the quitters penalty.

I would personally like to be able to leave a pop if the match has not started.

And a one min buffer should be long enough to get a back fill in an 8v8 match, but it’s a problem for 4v4 because there are already less players in the queue and we would see lots of 3v4 matches.

I can also see how how the queue and match making (if it worked properly) would be affected by letting people still leave before a match for 8v8. So I don’t think it’s as simple as we think. But I do understand where you are coming from.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

...so many trash players hate it. A dead map doesn't equate to a bad map.

Hmmm, am I trash because I hate the map, or do I hate the map because I am trash?

I don't like the map because I dislike flag capture...and I dislike everyone piling on the carrier--which makes me reluctant to carry it, though I have on many occasions. The Vandin map is the only one I "kinda" like.

Besides, the reason I am trash has nothing to do with maps. It has to do with the infirmity of old age :D