SWTOR community: What happened?

DaZeeZee

a better option is fixing the idiotic friends/ignore system. when I ignore someone, it should automatically ignore the entire legacy.

When I add someone to friends, it should ASK them whether they want to be my friend and IF they accept, their whole legacy becomes friends with mine. and adding friends needs to be permission ONLY. no ability to add someone without their knowledge.

It really boggles the mind how the system we still have made it past alpha.

I partially agree with this, if I ignore someone, it should ignore their whole legacy, and on all my chars.

I also like the idea of if someone trys to add me, I can say, yay or nay.

But if I add someone to my friends list, chances are i only want them on that list, not on all, or legacy wide. And I probably won't want all their chaars on my friends list. I've 80 toons on SF, I don't think people want to add one of mine, and suddenly have 80 pop up.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember no one hates Star Wars as much as Star Wars fans

Oh my goodness...no truer words have ever been said!

With that said, I had my first experience of true sith hatred.

So, the usual political discussion was taking place on the fleet, and I randomly threw in my $0.02...and then it happened...a random whisper from a trump sympathizer. I have never experienced so much hatred and anger. Now, politically speaking, I consider myself a fence-sitting undecided vote. But this guy's take on me was that I was a card carrying BLM and ANTIFA member.

I didn't realize that some people put so much effort into being angry with other players!! Luckily, all I was doing was performing maintenance on my newly found HK-51...so I was in a good mental/emotional place :)

When you want to be friends with someone, it is not becuase of their character. it is becuase something about that player makes you want to be in contact. Therefore, character based friends serves no purpose.

Send them this

OMG! That video was totally spot on. :) There are also follow up videos in that series for DPS and Tanking.

Main reason why I just do story content and then run dailies. Coming back after a long hiatus, I have to literally re-learn some of the FPs. It's difficult to do when the rest of the group wants a "speed run".

What I really want to know, in a serious way, is how a vitriolic post like this does to HELP the community? How does calling all players toxic help people feel this would be a friendly community? Honest question. Since it is this type of thread though I am sure the response will not be a surprise, but try me.

What I really want to know, in a serious way, is how a vitriolic post like this does to HELP the community? How does calling all players toxic help people feel this would be a friendly community? Honest question. Since it is this type of thread though I am sure the response will not be a surprise, but try me.

No one is calling all players toxic. I am merely stating the fact that a hell of a lot of them are. I am no happier about this than you.

I wish the community was as good as I've seen with my own eyes in FFXIV for 5 years. Sadly the managment and conditions this game has suffered for too long don't allow that. I doubt things will improve so long as EA is in charge.

When you want to be friends with someone, it is not becuase of their character. it is becuase something about that player makes you want to be in contact. Therefore, character based friends serves no purpose.

I suppose you mean toon but it's kinda odd to read this when you think of the person's character which is exactly the reason why you tend to be friends with someone lol.

for you maybe, but not everyone. Some people like to have chars that can run around solo, be online with friends knowing, or just for one moment be alone. If I was to add one of my chars to your friends list, suddenly you had aabout 45 new friends imp side, and 35 pub side., that's just one char. If I want to talk to friends i use FB's for those on it, or discord, or whatever means there is.

The community in general is good. The forums had issues in the past, but lately it has gotten worse. Same as in game. Toxicity levels have gone up. There are plenty of people who go out of their way to help, in so many ways, not just advice, but helping out on missions, helping new guilds, etc. And there are some who don't.

Threads like this can help, if they have a specific aim in mind, or focus. I think the focus should be to get legacy wide ignores, for acc, ext. It might reduce toxicity, might not. /shrug

for you maybe, but not everyone. Some people like to have chars that can run around solo, be online with friends knowing, or just for one moment be alone. If I was to add one of my chars to your friends list, suddenly you had aabout 45 new friends imp side, and 35 pub side., that's just one char. If I want to talk to friends i use FB's for those on it, or discord, or whatever means there is.

Then have 2 options for friends list like City of Heroes did. Character Based Friend and Legacy Friend Request.

99% of everyone will only use Legacy friends, but at least the option will remain for those who have some strange use for Character based.

Then have 2 options for friends list like City of Heroes did. Character Based Friend and Legacy Friend Request.

99% of everyone will only use Legacy friends, but at least the option will remain for those who have some strange use for Character based.

COH! That is one game that I truly miss.

No one is calling all players toxic. I am merely stating the fact that a hell of a lot of them are. I am no happier about this than you.

I wish the community was as good as I've seen with my own eyes in FFXIV for 5 years. Sadly the managment and conditions this game has suffered for too long don't allow that. I doubt things will improve so long as EA is in charge.

It sounds like you found a good home in FFXIV. Im just not sure why you keep coming back, if you arent happy in SWTOR. I took about a two year break from SWTOR. Just came back, Im actually enjoying the game again. Maybe the same will help you out as well.

Regarding your post on toxic players. Yes, there are some in SWTOR, just like there are some in FFXIV and ESO and WoW etc. There will always be toxic players because there will always be toxic people in the world. Learn to report and ignore and move on. Ive played a lot of MMO's and SWTOR has had the best community out of all of them. I found the love of my life here as well as several of my closest friends. There are good people who play this game.

Wish you all the best!

The last time I hopped on FFXIV I got called a transphobic slur and a racial slur when I asked if there were any LGBT+ friendly RP FCs recruiting.

It sounds like you found a good home in FFXIV. Im just not sure why you keep coming back, if you arent happy in SWTOR. I took about a two year break from SWTOR. Just came back, Im actually enjoying the game again. Maybe the same will help you out as well.

Wish you all the best!

Make no mistake I am 5000% happier in FFXIV. but SWTOR has its merits, its just that the community (mostly) is definitely not one of them. I don't deny good people play. but they are a clear minority and that makes random pugs while leveling an awful experience.

Currently waiting on a major FFXIV content patch, when it drops, I will be gone from SWTOR for a very long time- unless things quickly improve of course.

I want to love SWTOR. its just that even from the very start, even before Satan (EA) bought it out, there were really poor design choices and bad flaws- which EA has only made much worse and the community has followed.

The last time I hopped on FFXIV I got called a transphobic slur and a racial slur when I asked if there were any LGBT+ friendly RP FCs recruiting.
What negative universe are you from? People who ask that question in FFXIV get one of 2 kinds of answers, A, they point you at one of those FCs (guilds) or B, they tell you any good FC is LGBT friendly since no one should care what you do on your own time or what your "orientation" is. people are people, and sexual preferences should not affect that.

There is no rational explaination for your story outside "I made it up"

Edited by DaZeeZee

99% of the time when people are referring to "toxicity" in Flashpoints, it's "Timewasters" complaining that other players got salty when they wasted those player's time.

If you have no idea what you're doing, take 3 literal seconds and google a video or guide, or at the absolute minimum, just /p "I've never been here, please give me pointers"

If you want to watch every cut scene run story mode. If it's a FP with no story mode, then get a friend to run you through, or at the minimum, just say something at the beginning so players who don't want to do that will have an opportunity to leave before it even gets started and you can backfill from queue.

If you are polite and courteous in SWTOR, 99% of other players will return the courtesy...except in fleet chat....it's a hive of scum and villainy.

Edited by DizzD

99% of the time when people are referring to "toxicity" in Flashpoints, it's "Timewasters" complaining that other players got salty when they wasted those player's time.

People like you are the problem. 8 year old impatient idjits who just buttrush through everything and demand "Spacebar" nonstop in every FP. if all of those people were permanently removed from the game, the game would be better off.

90% of wipes in random vet FP are caused by your kind. the kind who try to skip things they shouldnt. instead of taking 10 seconds to kill some mobs, you wipe the group and blame the people who saw it coming. Get off this game and get some help.

People like you are the problem. 8 year old impatient idjits who just buttrush through everything and demand "Spacebar" nonstop in every FP. if all of those people were permanently removed from the game, the game would be better off.

90% of wipes in random vet FP are caused by your kind. the kind who try to skip things they shouldnt. instead of taking 10 seconds to kill some mobs, you wipe the group and blame the people who saw it coming. Get off this game and get some help.

this is the exact type of behavior that you are upset about...

this is the exact type of behavior that you are upset about...

Calling it like it is isn't what I am complaining about. You read that guys post yourself. if you can't see whats wrong with his point of view you're as bad as he is.

if you cant see that your post is exactly the type of post that causes toxicity in the player base both here and in game then there really is not much further than can be said. I live by the adage, "its not what you say, but how you say it." If you cannot communicate without resorting to the lowest common tripe then perhaps you are the problem as well as the others that have little in the way of impulse control.

What negative universe are you from? People who ask that question in FFXIV get one of 2 kinds of answers, A, they point you at one of those FCs (guilds) or B, they tell you any good FC is LGBT friendly since no one should care what you do on your own time or what your "orientation" is. people are people, and sexual preferences should not affect that.

There is no rational explaination for your story outside "I made it up"

So because he/she has an issue with your favorite game, they are automatially lying? You get toxic people in every game.

So it could be option C. Toxic people lurking in every game, causing issues, putting people down.

Edited by DarkTergon

Calling it like it is isn't what I am complaining about. You read that guys post yourself. if you can't see whats wrong with his point of view you're as bad as he is.

And if you can't see that your response is toxic and this one as well then I do not know what to say.

Just because you think you're right doesn't mean you get to be nasty to people. People who think they are on the right side often use that to excuse their own poor behaviour. Also it ensures antagonistic discussions so you are being counter-productive to your own ends. You have to uphold your own standards, practice what you preach in other words or else nobody will take you seriously. I certainly don't after these two comments.

Edited by Tsillah