Not having anything to spend frags on is very frustrating

StrikePrice

I have 7 legacy bays on Star Forge, and at one point they were all brimming with Onderon-class 306 gear drops, then one day I got smart and melted a few tabs' worth. Now I keep just a couple Onderon sets just for when up-and-coming 75's need a quick set of 306 until I can gear them properly.

There are still some things that could save space just by making them stackable.

Making things stackable would certainly help.

I have 7 legacy bays on Star Forge, and at one point they were all brimming with Onderon-class 306 gear drops, then one day I got smart and melted a few tabs' worth. Now I keep just a couple Onderon sets just for when up-and-coming 75's need a quick set of 306 until I can gear them properly.

For a while, I was storing lots of set pieces for my alts, which was taking up a bunch of Legacy storage. Then one day I got smart and moved the sets to the Alt's own storage. And then, since I only really play 3 or 4 main characters, I stopped gathering set pieces altogether - getting a set is really so easy, I figured it's not worth bothering with them. After all I had some un-played alts with 252s I never used, why bother to get 306 when that will probably become obsolete at some future time as well.

I have 23 characters at this time, but I really only "play" 4 or 5 of them plus a couple of crafters I keep relatively up to date (level 75 with whatever default level gear). The rest are languishing at various points in the game at level 50-65 with whatever for gear.

I'd be curious if these people with 100+ alts ever actually "play" all those alts or do they just gear them up for no reason.? 🤔

Edited by JediQuaker

I'd be curious if these people with 100+ alts ever actually "play" all those alts

I logged into about 20 of mine yesterday, and played one for a couple of hours. None of my 170+ toons go more than a month or two without being played except for 16 stealth tank alts that I have permanently stationed, 8 on imp and 8 on pub, on various planets on their PvP instances for commander runs for my guilds on Star Forge.

In addition to that:

-- I have 3 tanks, 3 healers, 3 DPS maxed out in my both imp and pub for back in the day when we kept rolling through LBLOs.

--On each server, I have a complete ecosystem of crafters.

--On each server, I have ancilliary crafters who run harvest missions while the top crafters burn through mats making 73 and 74 tier items.

--Back in the day when we had 17 servers, I designated certain servers to have certain ecologies of toons, i.e., a server of nothing but fem fatale insane killers, a server for gay rave boys, a server for psychopathic Sith killers, a server for jedi...

--Each server had 3 same-named characters so I had a lock on those names for the merge

When the merge happened I torched approximately 60+ toons.

I have toons dedicated to head canon, like my BT4 male nautolan sniper agent dressed up to look like a Jedi in Relnex robes. No other reason for that toon to exist other than that. But that's how I choose to play.

or do they just gear them up for no reason?

I gear each toon separately. Other people in my guild will hold up an operation with the rest of us waiting while that person swaps gear and reconfigures combat proficiencies for whatever is needed at the moment.

I don't go that route. I swap to a different toon. One toon, one combat proficiency spec and one set of gear.

And that's also how I choose to play.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I wonder if there was a really tight fitting … REALLY skimpy outfits available at a cost of 1mil fragments each piece: 4 pieces to a set (top / bottom / gloves / boots ) and ALL of them BOP … just how long would it take to see several of these in game ?

:D:D:D

I logged into about 20 of mine yesterday, and played one for a couple of hours. None of my 170+ toons go more than a month or two without being played except for 16 stealth tank alts that I have permanently stationed, 8 on imp and 8 on pub, on various planets on their PvP instances for commander runs for my guilds on Star Forge.

In addition to that:

-- I have 3 tanks, 3 healers, 3 DPS maxed out in my both imp and pub for back in the day when we kept rolling through LBLOs.

--On each server, I have a complete ecosystem of crafters.

--On each server, I have ancilliary crafters who run harvest missions while the top crafters burn through mats making 73 and 74 tier items.

--Back in the day when we had 17 servers, I designated certain servers to have certain ecologies of toons, i.e., a server of nothing but fem fatale insane killers, a server for gay rave boys, a server for psychopathic Sith killers, a server for jedi...

--Each server had 3 same-named characters so I had a lock on those names for the merge

When the merge happened I torched approximately 60+ toons.

I have toons dedicated to head canon, like my BT4 male nautolan sniper agent dressed up to look like a Jedi in Relnex robes. No other reason for that toon to exist other than that. But that's how I choose to play.

I gear each toon separately. Other people in my guild will hold up an operation with the rest of us waiting while that person swaps gear and reconfigures combat proficiencies for whatever is needed at the moment.

I don't go that route. I swap to a different toon. One toon, one combat proficiency spec and one set of gear.

And that's also how I choose to play.

It's safe to say you play more than I do. :D

I wonder if there was a really tight fitting … REALLY skimpy outfits available at a cost of 1mil fragments each piece: 4 pieces to a set (top / bottom / gloves / boots ) and ALL of them BOP … just how long would it take to see several of these in game ?

:D:D:D

Tight-fitting and skimpy aren't the same thing necessarily. A full body stocking outfit is tight-fitting, but skimpy to me means revealing. There are several combinations mixing and matching stuff from the CM which produce a very nice male skimpy outfit, but I don't know of any full set as such (skimpy/revealing/tight-fitting) from just drops.

So you have all 8 classes min/maxed with BiS mods and full set bonuses with BiS tacticals?

^THIS! Allow us to buy Legendary Embers with TF...Same amount as gear, 3000 TF. It wouldn't flood the market, but it would drop the stupid high prices & make it more affordable!

As someone who doesn't craft anymore because of how asinine the crafting system is now and sells embers instead....no thanks to this idea. The rareity keeps the value up. Doing this would cripple the value of them.

So you have all 8 classes min/maxed with BiS mods and full set bonuses with BiS tacticals?

As someone who doesn't craft anymore because of how asinine the crafting system is now and sells embers instead....no thanks to this idea. The rareity keeps the value up. Doing this would cripple the value of them.

Well I can make approximately 5 mil a pop making certain items. Tedious, cost me far more than 5 mil to be able to get to the point to be able to do that, but man it's sweet when you make 2x of them.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Well I can make approximately 5 mil a pop making certain items. Tedious, cost me far more than 5 mil to be able to get to the point to be able to do that, but man it's sweet when you make 2x of them.

Tedious....that's pretty much why I don't craft anymore lol. I used to craft specifically to make augments and mk kits for myself and sell them once all my alts were geared, but when they changed crafting and added an aditional step to crafting items I said screw that and stopped crafting.

Tight-fitting and skimpy aren't the same thing necessarily. A full body stocking outfit is tight-fitting, but skimpy to me means revealing. There are several combinations mixing and matching stuff from the CM which produce a very nice male skimpy outfit, but I don't know of any full set as such (skimpy/revealing/tight-fitting) from just drops.

yes... skimpy .. revealing .. but skin tight too ???

If I have to explain it to you …

*** sigh ***

(never mind)

I'd be curious if these people with 100+ alts ever actually "play" all those alts or do they just gear them up for no reason.? 🤔

I regularly play 90% of my 55+ Alts (I say 55+ because I sometimes delete some and restart or buy more server character slots).

I think I have 3-4 Alts I don’t regularly play because I’m not a fan of the class. Ie, I can’t remember the last time I logged in on my Powertech or Scoundrel.