Crew skills reverted to 600 - bug or feature?

Styxx

Logged in 1 character and saw that his crafting is still 700, but the other 2 skills have been set to 600/600. Prior to this patch all crew skills on this character were 700/700.

He is Biochem 700/700. Was Bioanalysis 700/700 and Diplomacy 700/700. Now Bioanalysis and Diplomacy are showing 600/600.

Decided not to log on another character, but to log off and come grumbling to the forums.

Irregardless of it someone paid for it or not, BW/EA made the 700 skill level available without having to pay.

If the intention was to always have players pay for the skill increase I'm fine with that. They made the decision to raise the cap without a player having to pay. Provided this is not a bug but an intention change, BW/EA have reverted all skills leveled up to 700 back to 600 and are forcing players to pay without informing the players or adding it to the patch notes. Players will also have to pay to relevel those skills. Depending on what skills need to be releved it could be quite the ordeal. If this is intended I have zero plans to purchase my 700 skills. Considering I have over 20 characters, BW/EA can stuff it.

I resubbed 5/14/2020. At this point, I noticed that all characters had ___/700 next to all of their crew skills. So, I didn't pay the 500k per skill to raise its' potential to 700.

Since coming back, I've raised almost all crew skills to 700/700.

So, for the Devs, the question remains. Bug or intentional?

Same here, but rather strangely

got:

660/600

700/600

600/600

They were all at 700/700 before patch, and I rejoined recently, figured I could level pass not purchasing that 500000 upgrade, which I certainly do not have the money for if I were to purchase it on all required characters... credits sinks are insane for ordinary players. Guess crafting is indeed just DEAD...

I effectively spent 4 weeks on getting most of those crafting skills to level 700 from 600 on a lot of characters/alts. Now wasted time and mission credits...

Edited by Couq

I cannot even get to the character selection screen after this stupid "update" the game kicks me out shortly after logging in but before character selection screen appears. I have been subbed a long time but will not be very much longer if I cannot play the game!! Edited by Dnegative

Well I'm logging off until this is fixed - I craft as a big part of my play and this has screwed it right up.

Anyone got any boxset recommendations worth a watch?

I have a box of 26 episodes of Bodacious Space Pirates that I'll eventually start watching, but not tonight, as it's currently nearly 11:30 pm where I live.

Hi folks,

Thanks for the different reports.

Crew Skills being at 600 is not intended. Our team is currently looking into it. I'll update you when I know more.

What are we meant to do in the mean time if we want to craft? Do we pay the 500,000 again to up it and if we do, will you refund all the costs associated with it.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

This is rediciouls ... whatta mistaka to maka as a toon once said

I need adrenals and stims to play and cant craft them with biochem as they're 600+

sry but what happened guys .......... almost 10 years of experience there and this happens

:ph_lol::sul_embarrassed::tran_mad::tran_mad::tran_mad:

Same here, but rather strangely

got:

660/600

700/600

600/600

They were all at 700/700 before patch, and I rejoined recently, figured I could level pass not purchasing that 500000 upgrade, which I certainly do not have the money for if I were to purchase it on all required characters... credits sinks are insane for ordinary players. Guess crafting is indeed just DEAD...

I effectively spent 4 weeks on getting most of those crafting skills to level 700 from 600 on a lot of characters/alts. Now wasted time and mission credits...

I have all the skills maxed on various toons, and I am seeing the same thing.

What are we meant to do in the mean time if we want to craft? Do we pay the 500,000 again to up it and if we do, will you refund all the costs associated with it.

What they should do is what they did with Update 4.0.

And forget about ever pulling this nonsense again.

Stop breaking the game!

Suff like this really makes me hesitate to invest more time into this game, all the broken features that worked before is extreemly anoying, i unsubed until this is fixed, and thinking twice now about spending the time i do in the game!

not first time stuff like this happens

On toons where I did paid the 500k fee at Onslaught launch for Gathering and Mission crew skills, their level are still 700. Newer toon I leveled up during the Double XP now have their Gathering and Mission skill at 600.

Some patch after Onslaught seems to have removed the 500k fee to reached level 700 on Gathering and Mission. I'm not sure if it was intended or not. Patch 6.0.2 has introduced lot of changes, but the patch notes does not mention the removal of the fees.

Anyway, having to pay for these 2 types of crew sill was a bad idea anyway. So hopefully it get fixed and we can have level 700 for Gatering and Mission back again, without paying the 500k fees.

This. I purchased several of these unlocks assuming this update meant for it to be that way. It would be nice to get those creds refunded.

Most of my characters who did not pay for the Onslaught crew skill authorisation had no problem with it being resolved after paying for it, going from 700/600 back to 700/700. However, sadly one of my characters who had 700/700 investigation was reverted and reset to 600/600, after paying for the authorisation it is at 600/700 instead of 700/700.