7.0 expansion? - 2020?

Trlance

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6.2 will get done when the voice actors can safely go back to their studios. Since that got delayed, obviously 7.0 will be delayed as well. Onslaught teased some really good story, but we don't know if 6.2 is going to be a bridge, or a culmination. I can wait for 6.2 & 7.0 to be done safely and done well. We are all living in uncertain times. No one can commit to specific dates with any degree of certainty, and Bioware has settled into a pattern of delaying announcements for expansions even in the best of times :p

In the mean time we will be getting some new quests for Night Life and pod racing to keep us busy for a bit.

I'm not so sure Onslaught is actually that much smaller than Revan? We have: A medium-sized planet, a small planet, a flashpoint, and an operation.

SOR brought us: A medium-sized planet, a small planet, three flashpoints, and two operations.

Like, sure, there's a difference, but is it as drastic as people are saying?

from what im seeing , 6.2 will be the final patch for onslaught as it will i assume conclude the onslaught story with kira and scourge as per influencer words. that makes it, miles smaller compared to revan. and astronomically smaller compared to the expansion i will not name! also keep in mind for shadow of revan it had the prelude which was 4 flashpoints, korriban, tython, manaan, rakata prime, the actual expansion it has rishi yavin, and ziost + dead ziost, an operation, it introduced more warzones. onslaught had 2 small planets. a prelude was ossus so thats a small daily planet

then expansion release was a small daily planet, and a smaller daily planet and half of its story takes place on corellia as a flashpoint experience. one operation. then 6.1 added 3 minutes of odessen story, and maybe HOPEFULLY a flashpoint experience for the kira and scourge story. major changes was just gearing. so yes it is very small expansion. but is that really a bad thing?

also at shadow of revans hype, they added the biggest feature this game has ever recieved, strongholds

Edited by ThomasStarWars

from what im seeing , 6.2 will be the final patch for onslaught as it will i assume conclude the onslaught story with kira and scourge as per influencer words. that makes it, miles smaller compared to revan.

I don't agree with the claim that it is miles smaller because unlike SoR and its Prelude, Ossus and Onslaught went back to having two completely diverging story archs for republic and empire characters plus additional alterations depending on whether you are a loyalist or a saboteur. It sure is smaller on the "meaty" stuff like overall area, flashpoints and operations, but not on story.

also at shadow of revans hype, they added the biggest feature this game has ever recieved, strongholds

Very true, but Onslaught brought us legacy gear and armor sets/tacticals, which is pretty much the biggest mechanical change after they had streamlined class specialization with 4.0 and fundamentally changed combat balance. I would not call that small.

Edited by Phazonfreak

I've found a good way to stay sane is:

a) not make predictions, particularly about the future; and b) not stress about things beyond my control.

I've taken breaks from this game before, I imagine I shall do so again. Last year I took a 5-month break in b/t Ossus and Onslaught and played ESO's new expansion. As ESO has a new expansion coming out in June, I wouldn't be surprised if I did so again.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

a) not make predictions, particularly about the future; and b) not stress about things beyond my control.

I've taken breaks from this game before, I imagine I shall do so again. Last year I took a 5-month break in b/t Ossus and Onslaught and played ESO's new expansion. As ESO has a new expansion coming out in June, I wouldn't be surprised if I did so again.

Dasty

exactly this if you arent happy why play at all. ive learned to accept this game for what it is and what it will get as content.

from what im seeing , 6.2 will be the final patch for onslaught as it will i assume conclude the onslaught story with kira and scourge as per influencer words. that makes it, miles smaller compared to revan. and astronomically smaller compared to the expansion i will not name!

What do you have that even suggests 6.2 is going to be the final patch of Onslaught?

Dasty

I agree ..

And for whatever it's worth... the only point I was getting at was the "size" or length of the stories.

** KotFE / ET might have been a tad too long... before we saw any new stuff. REGARDLESS of why and all of the other game being developed … blah blah .. etc !

Just my own kind way of suggesting that while some of us (me included) didn't have a problem with the story line … it might have been left running a little too long before we got to Iokath and Ossus (especially Ossus).

** I personally did like the way we got to Shadow of Reven … then Reven .. It sort of broke things up a bit. Again this is just the story side of the development. I'm not talking about gear … OR strongholds. YES there are a lot of other things too that I'd like to see.

But again … I'm just looking at the overview of the story side of the release. IMO … that often times does signal other things that are coming: YES additional parts of the game. Gear .. S/H … companions … all sorts of items.

And at this point Dasty … this is where you are exactly correct. We can only guess (at best) what will come with the entire package.

At any rate... I hope this makes sense !

Dasty

Wise words as always dasty *tips hat in recognition

I've never taken a break from this game in the whole 8 years I've played. Keep meaning to try out ESO as I'm a big fan of Skyrim. If there's a new expansion coming out, and still in lockdown, now might be a good time to give it a shot :)

as per influencers words

please read everything

ok? But what makes "influencers" any more knowledgeable than the rest of us? They're good at speculation?

Sorry, but I prefer official sources, not "but the people I know/follow on social media said".

ok? But what makes "influencers" any more knowledgeable than the rest of us? They're good at speculation?

Sorry, but I prefer official sources, not "but the people I know/follow on social media said".

they are the ones with direct communication with devs

I believe the question was "which influencers?". 6.2 seems like a weird stopping place if you're running a business. If they are out of resources 6.2 is too far off and if they could sustain 6.2, it seems weird to stop after "the update where crazy stuff happens". I'd almost certainly say that there's probably some conflation going on to the extent that influencers are really hearing this stuff.

Most likely they mean that 6.2 will end the arc started in Onslaught with the "gruesome weapon of Tenebrae" thing and next story updates will continue the general Third Galactic War story arc that was started in Ossus. They don't mean it as the stop of new story content being produced, it just will be the finale for that particular story arc. Like Nathema was the end of the Traitor arc and then we went on to Jedi Under Siege.

I don't care. As for Anthem, it was their decision, and since they decided to work more on it, they should see new people up their sleeve, so that Swtor would not lose it either. There are NO excuses here. So funny all of you defend them bcs of Anthem.

Somehow after 4.0 we got 5.0 a year later. If it won't be 7.0 this year, it should be 100% next year, because it's 10 years anniversary and they themselves said they are preparing something special. In other words, this year there should be at least some major prologue for this 7.0 like Ziost or Ossus. For now, the game is dead bcs still nothing.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

Get a life dude...

the influencers, you really need to read. he was responding to my comment about the influencers

Obviously. I'm asking for you to name which cryptic "influencers" you keep referencing. Are you just trolling at this point?

Most likely they mean that 6.2 will end the arc started in Onslaught with the "gruesome weapon of Tenebrae" thing and next story updates will continue the general Third Galactic War story arc that was started in Ossus. They don't mean it as the stop of new story content being produced, it just will be the finale for that particular story arc. Like Nathema was the end of the Traitor arc and then we went on to Jedi Under Siege.

I mean, this is true, but there are other plot points and threads introduced in Onslaught to be continued. And OP isn't saying it's the conclusion of the Tenebrae story (which is true), he's claiming it's the conclusion of Onslaught, which is 6.x itself.

from what im seeing , 6.2 will be the final patch for onslaught as it will i assume conclude the onslaught story with kira and scourge as per influencer words.

I haven't seen anything that suggests the Kira/Scourge story is the last bit of 6.0 story to be told.

Edited by jedimasterjac

I haven't seen anything that suggests the Kira/Scourge story is the last bit of 6.0 story to be told.

Clearly it isn't, since we've had nothing but a quick visit by a few people related to the Hand / TFNova thing, so there's all the rest of that to resolve before Onslaught is done.

Clearly it isn't, since we've had nothing but a quick visit by a few people related to the Hand / TFNova thing, so there's all the rest of that to resolve before Onslaught is done.

I hope that 6.2 won't be the end of the Kira and Scourge story because it sounds really interesting. Plus, the two have been gone for so long that it would be great to see them involved more.

And frankly, I really hope to see more stuff with Tenebrae. Heck, I wouldn't mind it if he became the villain again, but in his Vitiate persona not Valkorion. That version of the Sith Emperor never got a good closure, because he was the big bad of Ziost and then boom, suddenly he turns into Valkorion.

I hope that 6.2 won't be the end of the Kira and Scourge story because it sounds really interesting. Plus, the two have been gone for so long that it would be great to see them involved more.

And frankly, I really hope to see more stuff with Tenebrae. Heck, I wouldn't mind it if he became the villain again, but in his Vitiate persona not Valkorion. That version of the Sith Emperor never got a good closure, because he was the big bad of Ziost and then boom, suddenly he turns into Valkorion.

It could be the end of 6.2, but the beginning of the next one, sort of like a link

It could be the end of 6.2, but the beginning of the next one, sort of like a link

Is it bad that I hope that it will feature some sort of Vitiate Reborn? I know Charles Boyd said Vitiate wouldn't become the villain again, but maybe whatever this entity is that Satele and her Jedi are birthing as a result of the Sith plague could be a sort of... child of Vitiate? Something born from what is left of his essence. Frankly, I would love to confront something like that ingame!

Is it bad that I hope that it will feature some sort of Vitiate Reborn? I know Charles Boyd said Vitiate wouldn't become the villain again, but maybe whatever this entity is that Satele and her Jedi are birthing as a result of the Sith plague could be a sort of... child of Vitiate? Something born from what is left of his essence. Frankly, I would love to confront something like that ingame!

Maybe down the road, but tbh, I'd love to just get back to the 'normal' sith infighting, war, corruption, etc, and leave the 'Gods' alone for a bit :) The OP appears to have dissapeared, but I have to say, I liked some of the stuff discussed in this thread, whatever reason he had for starting it, we've seen some interesting ideas. It's nice when the communtiy takes something negative, and spins it in to a positive.

Maybe down the road, but tbh, I'd love to just get back to the 'normal' sith infighting, war, corruption, etc, and leave the 'Gods' alone for a bit :) The OP appears to have dissapeared, but I have to say, I liked some of the stuff discussed in this thread, whatever reason he had for starting it, we've seen some interesting ideas. It's nice when the communtiy takes something negative, and spins it in to a positive.

Indeed! The OP may be gone from the thread, but the subject of the thread has become something friendly and positive :)

Something I would be interested in, is something involving Darth Traya. I always adored the concept that she hated the Force so much that she tried to kill it. I could imagine some Sith or fallen Jedi found her holocron or teachings and became obsessed with the idea of ridding the galaxy of the Force. I know it might not be super enticing for non-FU classes, but I bet they could be involved in such a story arc in a meaningful way!