7.0 expansion? - 2020?

Trlance

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want vitiate to return so badly.

The Ziost incarnation of Vitiate, though. Valkorion was nice but it wasn't the Vitiate we knew, the Sith Emperor we feared. I will never forget the Ziost story arc, it remains my favourite one in the game. Vitiate was a phenomenal antagonist there, he was frightening, enigmatic and seemingly unbeatable. His portrayal there made me so invested into that story arc.

If they do bring a form of Vitiate back or something like him, I hope it will be as he was during Ziost. I wouldn't mind the return of that voice actor as well c:

Maybe down the road, but tbh, I'd love to just get back to the 'normal' sith infighting, war, corruption, etc, and leave the 'Gods' alone for a bit :) The OP appears to have dissapeared, but I have to say, I liked some of the stuff discussed in this thread, whatever reason he had for starting it, we've seen some interesting ideas. It's nice when the communtiy takes something negative, and spins it in to a positive.

There are two that I'd like to see:

** New class FSNFU (Force Sensitive Non-Force User) SIS / Empire equivalent (I'll edit later with link)

** New SH : Space Station located on the outer rim (could easily be used as neutral / Empire or Republic application. (There's been several interesting discussions on this one)

And yes … I was waiting for the right moment to place yet another shameless plug for my two suggestions !

:D

The Ziost incarnation of Vitiate, though. Valkorion was nice but it wasn't the Vitiate we knew, the Sith Emperor we feared. I will never forget the Ziost story arc, it remains my favourite one in the game. Vitiate was a phenomenal antagonist there, he was frightening, enigmatic and seemingly unbeatable. His portrayal there made me so invested into that story arc.

If they do bring a form of Vitiate back or something like him, I hope it will be as he was during Ziost. I wouldn't mind the return of that voice actor as well c:

UGH !!

No more Vitiate … please !

Not going to go thermal on ya … but IMO .. time for a new villain. And maybe this time … not so "godlike".

The villain could be as dangerous and any out there with contacts seemingly everywhere... Cunning and deceitful … all that evil stuff …

But pretty please … no more Vitiate.

(Thank You !! )

Something I would be interested in, is something involving Darth Traya. I always adored the concept that she hated the Force so much that she tried to kill it. I could imagine some Sith or fallen Jedi found her holocron or teachings and became obsessed with the idea of ridding the galaxy of the Force. I know it might not be super enticing for non-FU classes, but I bet they could be involved in such a story arc in a meaningful way!

On the contrary. I think it would be a great opportunity to end up with a story that people think *doesn't* suit Force User classes for once.

And can you imagine how it could be for an Imp Agent? His whole story so far is keyed on Force users of any stripe messing with his head in one way or another, and here's an opportunity to put the [REDACTED] boot in.

On the contrary. I think it would be a great opportunity to end up with a story that people think *doesn't* suit Force User classes for once.

And can you imagine how it could be for an Imp Agent? His whole story so far is keyed on Force users of any stripe messing with his head in one way or another, and here's an opportunity to put the [REDACTED] boot in.

Hehe, you're right. Perhaps it would be an interesting story that way. I definitely could see the Agent being like "how about we turn off the Force for a while, so I finally can have some peace of mind" xD

I'd rather have Jadus coming back than having to deal with Vitiate again. It's getting old, especially for JKs.

Jadus would make an excellent antagonist, absolutely! His story was never finished with the Imperial Agent, so I'd love for Jadus to become the next big bad, yeah!

I'd also love it though if Jadus took over the Empire and became Emperor. It would take the Sith Empire in a really interesting direction.

Jadus would make an excellent antagonist, absolutely! His story was never finished with the Imperial Agent, so I'd love for Jadus to become the next big bad, yeah!

I'd also love it though if Jadus took over the Empire and became Emperor. It would take the Sith Empire in a really interesting direction.

I'm still surprised they've done nothing with Jadus.

This is why i'd really like for him to come back.

And having him as the new Emperor after Vowrawn / Acina would unify at least that aspect of the story for everyone.

This is why i'd really like for him to come back.

And having him as the new Emperor after Vowrawn / Acina would unify at least that aspect of the story for everyone.

Yup! It would solve the divergent continuity issue within the lore. We'd finally have 1 canon ruler instead of this weird limbo where it's either Vowrawn of Acina.

I admit that I'd prefer Vowrawn becoming the "canon" Emperor and staying Emperor instead of Acina. Darth Vowrawn is perfect for the role of Emperor of the Sith.

Yup! It would solve the divergent continuity issue within the lore. We'd finally have 1 canon ruler instead of this weird limbo where it's either Vowrawn of Acina.

I admit that I'd prefer Vowrawn becoming the "canon" Emperor and staying Emperor instead of Acina. Darth Vowrawn is perfect for the role of Emperor of the Sith.

I could see a cool build-up with Jadus taking the throne by force, sort of like a JUS-type update.

I could see a cool build-up with Jadus taking the throne by force, sort of like a JUS-type update.

It would definitely be a great story, yeah! Especially if it was in the style of JUS as you say. It would be a huge, huge pity to see Emperor Vowrawn go if that were to happen, I really love the guy. But if the story team went about it the right way, I'd say having Jadus as the Sith Emperor would be worth sacrificing Vowrawn. But I do say that with a slight breaking of my heart :(

The only issue with such a massive shift in power I see, would be the new Hand of the Empire. It would be odd if our characters as head of the Hand would simply sit by and watch as Jadus takes over. It would have to be handled the right way, so that it wouldn't seem silly. Perhaps it could feature an element like JUS where you choose to either support Jadus in his bid for the throne or to oppose him. The latter would become problematic though, because Jadus would likely win whether you oppose him or not. Unless they'd add him as the third possible option for Sith Empress/Emperor alongside Acina or Vowrawn. That would worsen the continuity divergence dilemma xD but from the story's point of view, it would be cool to have that many choices.

I guess there could also be the option for Darth Nox/Occlus/Imperius or the Lord Wrath becoming Sith Emperor/Empress. The RPer within screams 'no!' at this, but from a purely narrative point of view it would be one hell of a choice. However, it would corner our characters tremendously, so I find it highly unlikely the story team would throw that onto the table as an option.

It would definitely be a great story, yeah! Especially if it was in the style of JUS as you say. It would be a huge, huge pity to see Emperor Vowrawn go if that were to happen, I really love the guy. But if the story team went about it the right way, I'd say having Jadus as the Sith Emperor would be worth sacrificing Vowrawn. But I do say that with a slight breaking of my heart :(

The only issue with such a massive shift in power I see, would be the new Hand of the Empire. It would be odd if our characters as head of the Hand would simply sit by and watch as Jadus takes over. It would have to be handled the right way, so that it wouldn't seem silly. Perhaps it could feature an element like JUS where you choose to either support Jadus in his bid for the throne or to oppose him. The latter would become problematic though, because Jadus would likely win whether you oppose him or not. Unless they'd add him as the third possible option for Sith Empress/Emperor alongside Acina or Vowrawn. That would worsen the continuity divergence dilemma xD but from the story's point of view, it would be cool to have that many choices.

I guess there could also be the option for Darth Nox/Occlus/Imperius or the Lord Wrath becoming Sith Emperor/Empress. The RPer within screams 'no!' at this, but from a purely narrative point of view it would be one hell of a choice. However, it would corner our characters tremendously, so I find it highly unlikely the story team would throw that onto the table as an option.

For me Vowrawn is already the Emperor, but if he had to be replaced, i'd rather him be replaced with Jadus, who could be an amazing antagonist.

And i'd rather have him as the only Emperor than having him as a 3rd possibility.

I don't really see the SI or SW becoming Emperor/Empress, it'd pose problems with the saboteur options, and who would be the canon ruler for the other classes ?

SI would probably be the most logical choice with SW as their Wrath, but i think it'd be better if an NPC is the Emperor or Empress, and i'd also like to have only 1 possible ruler than 2 or 3.

Edited by Goreshaga

So i think it'd be better if an NPC is the Emperor or Empress, but i'd also like to have only 1 possible ruler than 2 or 3.

Yes, I fully agree with you there! And as I said before, if there was to be one possible ruler of the Sith Empire then I'd love for that to be Jadus. He could either lead the Empire during a long, prosperous rule or be the last centralized ruler of the Sith Empire. As we know that in the future the Sith Empire will fragment. Jadus could be either the cause of the fragmentation or his rule is so successful that after his eventual death there is a power vacuum that fragments the Empire.

Either of those ideas would be one hell of an amazing story, one that I would love to see happen in SWTOR :) the fragmentation of the Sith Empire is coming closer after all, especially if we listen to Darth Malgus at the end of JUS. He comments on there not being enough timber for the spark of the Sith to keep burning for much longer.

i think we have already had our moment of being the leader of something, personally i rather like the idea of just being a regular person who isnt the chosen one. you are right, it would paint us into a corner like they did at the end of KOT**. Sure we can keep Odessan as our planet as sort of a neutral place, but aside from that,it would be nice for smaller more personal stories. there is only so much escalation you can do before it loses its impact.

i think we have already had our moment of being the leader of something, personally i rather like the idea of just being a regular person who isnt the chosen one. you are right, it would paint us into a corner like they did at the end of KOT**. Sure we can keep Odessan as our planet as sort of a neutral place, but aside from that,it would be nice for smaller more personal stories. there is only so much escalation you can do before it loses its impact.

I think the biggest misstep was making us the leader of an empire. It's... I dunno. It rarely works for me in the best RPGs; it especially doesn't work in an MMO.

I hope we can avoid that trap again.

I think the biggest misstep was making us the leader of an empire. It's... I dunno. It rarely works for me in the best RPGs; it especially doesn't work in an MMO.

In some cases you are correct:

** for the egocentric sith … right up their alley !!

** for "some" other power players (ie troopers) that option "might" work.

** for the Jedi … probably not at all since this is more or less contrary to most of what they would stand for.

** The smuggler … ummm kind of depends. For egos... maybe. But for the footloose free spirited … probably not.

These are just some examples. I'm quite certain that there are many differing views on the subject.

For now … me personally … I like the independence for each of my characters (including the Jedi) …. FOR NOW. I do foresee a time when it is necessary that the alliance will either crumble and fall (IMO a really BAD idea from my own point of view) OR at the least the alliance will out grow the commander.

Several options here (from the Republic side just as an example).

** Smuggler: always has a home (if needed) … but sees better opportunities … or (more than likely) is gradually becoming overwhelmed with the tedious day to day operations. In either case hands the situation over to a yet unrevealed and yet very trusting ally who is best suited for the task.

** The trooper … pretty much the same as the smuggler only sees the necessity to turn command over to someone and they return to the Republic as in charge of their OWN special forces that perhaps works closely with the SIS as needed... (just a thought... and probably not that good … but just an idea)

** The Jedi … either can work rebuilding the order or see an opportunity to begin training a small group on a secluded planet as opposed to being in charge of an entire alliance.

IN short … each find themselves in a situation where the alliance has become an overwhelming task. Each of them see the opportunity to move on the next phase of their respective careers and the alliance keeps in touch with them (maybe even to the point of needing their help on occasion).

IMO this closes out one chapter … and moves each of the different classes to a more traditional and classical setting.

(just my $.02 worth)

Oh, I fully agree with you there! It's one of the reasons why I hate KotFE and KotET so much, they made our characters this grand hero of the galaxy on the scale of the Chosen One. That really bothered me, as I always loved the idea that our characters simply were one of the heroes, not the hero. This is why the setup of the separate classes worked so well and especially with every class being it's own, unique story.

In SoR we at least had those small class missions, which I really loved. But then KotFE and KotET shoehorn everything into a "one size fits all" narrative, which is yet another reason why I dislike those two expansions so much.

So, I am totally with you there. I love that we get to be an important part of the Empire or Republic again with the Hand and Task Force Nova, but that's big enough. Let someone else be the head of the Empire, the Republic or the Jedi Order :)

I hate the direction they went with the story writing in KOT**. I realize part of the story design was due to them having to make a one story fits all due to lack of resources being used on the game.

That being said I found the one size fits all story very unfulfilling and cheesy. I didn’t enjoy becoming The Grand Master of Star Wars or whatever the titles are they bestowed upon us. I never found it comfortable or very realistic with how I played my characters, none of them would have wanted to be this epic figure heading an entire empire.

These KOT** chapters are like Michael Jordan’s Washington Wizards years... it’s best to just pretend it never happened.

Edited by Lhancelot

These KOT** chapters are like Michael Jordan’s Washington Wizards years... it’s best to just pretend it never happened.

That's how I go about KotFE and KotET as well, yeah. Most of the time I skip directly to Iokath. I just can't force myself to play the chapters, they're horrible. The entire Zakuul narrative, the Eternal family drama, the Eternal Fleet and the Eternal Alliance (cringe)... I just can't bear to see my characters go through that, especially as I go through the entire class story on each of my toons.

It's what I keep repeating often when talking about KotFE and KotET. SoR ended on such an incredibly high note, as the Ziost arc is still the best story content ingame to day, if you ask me. It left me breathless... and then we get KotFE and it's the biggest anticlimax in the history of narration if you ask me. The state of elation, of anticipation, of excitement that Ziost left me in was just... crushed in the most devastating way. It was the only time I took an extended break from SWTOR, after having played through chapter 16 of KotFE when it was released. I was just so sad and disappointed with the story and what they had done to it.

Luckily all of that has turned around now and KotFEET is a thing of the past. Iokath was a step forward in the right direction, followed by the massive jump forward that was Jedi Under Siege (seriously, that story is phenomenal) and Onslaught has turned the pleasant jog into an exciting sprint forward into good story content again :D at least, for me.

Edited by Ylliarus

That being said I found the one size fits all story very unfulfilling and cheesy. I didn’t enjoy becoming The Grand Master of Star Wars or whatever the titles are they bestowed upon us. I never found it comfortable or very realistic with how I played my characters, none of them would have wanted to be this epic figure heading an entire empire.

Probably the worst bit was that I was maining a vanguard at the time KOTFE came out.

If they wanted to do a universal story, it should have actually been universal, and not just "The continuation of JK/SW, and everyone else just tags along."

Luckily all of that has turned around now and KotFEET is a thing of the past. Iokath was a step forward in the right direction, followed by the massive jump forward that was Jedi Under Siege (seriously, that story is phenomenal) and Onslaught has turned the pleasant jog into an exciting sprint forward into good story content again :D at least, for me.

To me Iokath is pretty awfull, and the silly walker fight doesn't help.

JUS was alright but nothing special, at least Ossus looks really good

And Onslaught, well at least i was able to keep an independant Alliance, but while i don't dislike the story, i can't say i love it either.

There are some good part like Jakarro, Kira and Scourge returning, Onderon is quite gorgeous, though the fact the scenery is constantly changing/upgrading in the background during cutscenes is quite annoying.

I'm quite ok with the pub side of thing and i quite enjoy Tau and Arn, but i really dislike the imp side and being forced to be a saboteur rather than oppenly fighting against the Empire on toons who don't want to support the Empire, when it doesn't suit most of my characters.

Having a competely inconstitent overall setting between my pubs and imps is quite annoying too, as i like them to share the same universe, with my JK as the "canon" Outlander. If they do mostly the same things, i'd like to have mostly the same results, so if G-D is alive and free for my pub loyalists, i dislike that he's either dead or imprisonned for my imp saboteurs

Oh, I fully agree with you there! It's one of the reasons why I hate KotFE and KotET so much, they made our characters this grand hero of the galaxy on the scale of the Chosen One. That really bothered me, as I always loved the idea that our characters simply were one of the heroes, not the hero. This is why the setup of the separate classes worked so well and especially with every class being it's own, unique story.

In SoR we at least had those small class missions, which I really loved. But then KotFE and KotET shoehorn everything into a "one size fits all" narrative, which is yet another reason why I dislike those two expansions so much.

So, I am totally with you there. I love that we get to be an important part of the Empire or Republic again with the Hand and Task Force Nova, but that's big enough. Let someone else be the head of the Empire, the Republic or the Jedi Order :)

Almost forgot about Task Force Nova (senior moment there). And yes … that works perfectly for me too. A vital part of the organization … but not running it !