Whatever

LinkinPein

they never reset. for armouring that does not matter that much. Just set yourself a credit cap and role to this point. If you get something useful for any character in this time, take it!

if you get nothing, then leave this armouring alone and move to the next one. you will get enough armouring over time.

for everything else. don't care at all. These amplifiers are not combat relevant in any way. Also don't reroll on Shells, they are not that big of an improvement anyway.

I thought the price would reset after a week. What happened BioWare?

If you don't get what you want until 50k, move on to the other one . You get enough armorings over time to keep trying and you will always get lucky in th end.

I did the mistake of rolling amps like an idiot and I was already at 10 mil and still didn't get the one I want. So.. 50k or nothing and move on and try on other.

With regards to armorings, I cannot help you, but with mods, I found blue level 8s provide same amounts for amplifiers. So if you are like me who finds it too distracting to do crafting/missions while questing or doing group content, then making sets for use out of combat situations of each crafting and mission items is the cheapest way to go. This assumes you have plenty of Legacy armors to swap out and the room to store everything. :D

I did the mistake of rolling amps like an idiot and I was already at 10 mil and still didn't get the one I want. So.. 50k or nothing and move on and try on other.

For those of us that don't keep a running tally, what is the price of the Recalibration when you decide you've paid too much? When recalibrating blue level 8 mods, which start out at a cost of 1,854 credits, I was choosing to scrap it if it hasn't given me a maxed amplifier of my choice by the time it reaches a cost of around 2500 credits. **edit** Just crunched the numbers and found the total credits spent by the time the cost reached 2495 came to 51,851 credits. It has been rare that it reaches that point, but getting a full set of max influence amplifiers is worth it.

Edited by Jozandra
Crunched the numbers

There was a post somewhere by a dev that mentioned the Amp cost would reset after the Weekly reset, which is today, unless that was changed and/or that post was removed.

As others have mentioned, set yourself a cap and move on to another one. What I do with 471/409 armorings is set a cap of around 200k and see if something drops that I can use, or maybe something an alt can use, if nothing, I move on. Same can be applied for mods.

There was a post somewhere by a dev that mentioned the Amp cost would reset after the Weekly reset, which is today, unless that was changed and/or that post was removed.

As others have mentioned, set yourself a cap and move on to another one. What I do with 471/409 armorings is set a cap of around 200k and see if something drops that I can use, or maybe something an alt can use, if nothing, I move on. Same can be applied for mods.

quite possible it's resetting with conquest reset, which is in about 2 hours from this post. Might be connected to event reset. /shrug

Also, in case people haven't noticed, when deconstructing gear, take out mods from shells and deconstruct them (destroy shell). That way you get more than twice the amount of tech fragments. It costs about 300k per shell with 3 mods, but it is worth it.

Why? I have WAY more tech fragments than I need. My problem is finding something to spend down my tech fragments that isn't going to set me back another million credits.

For me, I check all 306 armoring drops. If it doesn't have something I want, it gets deconstructed and converted to jawa junk, etc. I also review all the armor shells I have to see if they have any useful amplifier items to extract.

For crafting, I have legacy 7 piece armor sets with gold amplifier mods for every crafting profession. (and for power napping) Honestly, though, I don't see any difference between using those crafting sets or using my regular armor..

I am aware of the techniques to avoid spending too much. But the problem is the shell amplifier; you should not have to buy again a set bonus piece just to avoid spending something like 10m per roll to get BiS.

Also, in case people haven't noticed, when deconstructing gear, take out mods from shells and deconstruct them (destroy shell). That way you get more than twice the amount of tech fragments. It costs about 300k per shell with 3 mods, but it is worth it.

Purchased shells should come with a way to select the amplifier - though in all honesty, most shell amplifiers are worthless (outside the Amplified set pieces, shell amplifiers do not provide combat benefits).

Tech fragments are basically worthless - no way they are worth spending 300K extracting mods from shells (not to mention I don't believe shells can be deconstructed if the armoring is removed).

If you are that hard up for tech fragments, just run an alt through a random flashpoint or complete a weekly mission (100 for a random FP, 160 on flashpoint day, 500 for most weekly missions).

I'm at the point where I vendor all armor pieces and only deconstruct lose mods, and I still cap tech fragments and convert to credits buying random equipment from the vendor for tech fragments and selling it back for credits.

Edited by DawnAskham

I cannot believe the level of stupidity sometimes. Fragments are the fastest way to get a full set bonus. I just gave you a tip to double the speed at which you get fragments per shell for merely 300k.

You can't deconstruct gear without the armouring. So.... ~195k. You would know this if you had tried.

I cannot believe the level of stupidity sometimes. Fragments are the fastest way to get a full set bonus. I just gave you a tip to double the speed at which you get fragments per shell for merely 300k.

No need to be so rude.

I hear more players complaining about the lack of credits than about the lack of tech frags.

I'm not sure how you play the game, but if you do any flashpoints or conquest then once you have at least one toon in full 306, getting tech frags to gear the rest is very easy. I'm at the point where I sell the gear drops for credits, since the tech frags are largely useless.

From my point of view spending credits to rip out mods for a handful of extra tech frags is the foolish action.

Edited by LD_Little_Dragon

With regards to armorings, I cannot help you, but with mods, I found blue level 8s provide same amounts for amplifiers. So if you are like me who finds it too distracting to do crafting/missions while questing or doing group content, then making sets for use out of combat situations of each crafting and mission items is the cheapest way to go. This assumes you have plenty of Legacy armors to swap out and the room to store everything. :D

For those of us that don't keep a running tally, what is the price of the Recalibration when you decide you've paid too much? When recalibrating blue level 8 mods, which start out at a cost of 1,854 credits, I was choosing to scrap it if it hasn't given me a maxed amplifier of my choice by the time it reaches a cost of around 2500 credits. **edit** Just crunched the numbers and found the total credits spent by the time the cost reached 2495 came to 51,851 credits. It has been rare that it reaches that point, but getting a full set of max influence amplifiers is worth it.

Like I said in my post, I keep rolling them until the cost hits 50k-57k range and move on to the next armoring to try again. Sometimes I get mad and rage-roll until 100k, but you should NOT go beyond 50k on an armoring because you just melt your credits . I kept rolling until I reached astronomical costs and I didn't even get what I wanted of course.

I learned this hard way after basically melting a lot of credits for nothing.

In 6.0 I learned I have to do everything I can to minimize the credit sink .

I think they do reset sort of. It seems to be that on weekly reset they drop down one notch. For instance since they start on 20k, you just roll the dice once, it goes up to 21k for the next one. If you stop there and wait a week, it should go back down to 20k. If you roll again and it goes to 23k, then next week it should be back down to 21k. I have a couple of toons that I do this with and each Tues I just pay the 20k to roll the dice for them.

As a side note, I've wondered if amplifiers might be why I sometimes have lag problems, especially when logging into fleet or answering a summons. The game's tracking additional information on every person's amplifiers and it's causing delays on loading into the game.

How many sets do you need? I already have full Stimulated, victors, precise targeters, revitalized mystics, empowered restorers, avengers, dire retaliation, berzerkers, preservers, slow road, final breath, established foothold and amplified champions sets and 20-30 different tacticals.

After a certain point you have what you need and those fragments become a credit sink rather than a viable way to gear.