Bioware, I can't afford to play your game

Lifebind

The repair costs seem to be extremely high for the amount of credits you can earn. Currently I'm having to level an alt for money because my main's gear is red and I'm broke. Does anyone else have this same problem? It's costing me 50k credits for a full repair when my gear is red and that's only after about 10 deaths. The game is new, people just hit 50, and are wearing green gear so of course we are going to wipe some. How can you expect us to farm so much for repairs? I'm still only wearing 2 epics so I'd hate to see what the cost is going to be when fully geared. Not only do I wait on the Q to play, I now have to spend time EVERYDAY farming and doing dailies to even see the fun content that I actually want to do.

Bioware, I love your game and I really want to play it but you're making things really difficult and frustrating. Please lower the repair cost or increase the amount of credits from dailies.

Edited by Lifebind

Why are people wearing green armour? You can get orange armour all over the place that you can add mods to, so your armour is up to date for your level.

Seriously, when you race through a game, I guess you never took the time to learn about what goes on in it.

In my view, this problem is totally your own fault.

Why are people wearing green armour? You can get orange armour all over the place that you can add mods to, so your armour is up to date for your level.

Seriously, when you race through a game, I guess you never took the time to learn about what goes on in it.

In my view, this problem is totally your own fault.

Does orange gear cost less to repair than greens at lvl50? He's complaining about the cost of repairs, not his inability to collect decent gear...

The repair costs seem to be extremely high for the amount of credits you can earn. Currently I'm having to level an alt for money because my main's gear is red and I'm broke. Does anyone else have this same problem? It's costing me 50k credits for a full repair when my gear is red and that's only after about 10 deaths. The game is new, people just hit 50, and are wearing green gear so of course we are going to wipe some. How can you expect us to farm so much for repairs? I'm still only wearing 2 epics so I'd hate to see what the cost is going to be when fully geared. Not only do I wait on the Q to play, I now have to spend time EVERYDAY farming and doing dailies to even see the fun content that I actually want to do.

Bioware, I love your game and I really want to play it but you're making things really difficult and frustrating. Please lower the repair cost or increase the amount of credits from dailies.

seriously stop dying so often. good grief.

I keep seeing people complain about being broke in this and I can't figure out how that's possible. Even after speeder, gear, skill, and leveling crafting I still have plenty of money left over. Repairing armor isn't a problem because by the time the armor is close to broken you will have made enough to fix it from drops and quest rewards.

Basically, if you are broke it's your own fault.

I'm a tank, so it seems I'm dying more then others if the healer doesn't keep up (even on trash) :(

Idk, I've taken three tanks to 50 and never had a problem. Didn't have many deaths, and didn't really have the best healers around if any. The key is to be strategic and deliberate with what attacks to use. Knowing when to stun or when to buff can make all the difference in a battle. Also health management, stims, mods, etc are key to surviving longer if not indefinitely. Not trying to rag on you, but it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

I am a little confused, repair cost can be steep only if you broke your gear ex. 0/200. Then your wallet will take a hit, but other then that, the repair is fine.

The reason why it is fine is you get enough credits doing missions/story/finding items to sell/PvP etc. They give you credits, the only time you will ever find yourself in trouble if you do not manage your credit flow. Example is you spend all your money on leveling your crew skills, training, dying over 15 times a day, and burning your crew skill missions without doing any mission gathering/questing.

I wear heavy armor and it costs me like 30k for a full repair...

Most I've ever spent for repairs is about 2,900 credits and I'm lvl 33 tank with all up to date purple and orange gear. I make a ton of credits from selling pistols in the auction hall anyway, not like it'd hurt to spend a little more for repairs.

Sometimes I even replace the gear before I even need to repair it. If you're dying a lot, it's because you're not valuing your death count enough. If anything that's sufficient reason to INCREASE the penalty.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.