Hardly any gear in pvp boxes

Loki_

Isn't Life Warden a general tactical? It was on the PTS anyway. Anyone could use it.

It is, and is absolutely pointless for PVP. It doesn't even reset between pops, forget rounds. Not saying it should, just saying that isn't good for PVP as it currently works.

Edited by Mycroft-Tarkin

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, fully BiS setbonus and everything besides the new augments. The key to it is realizing that doing regs all day doesn’t entitle me to a full set of gear as fast as people who are giving up their time to actually grinding the most efficient content.

Regs require no prerequisite gear, no knowledge of tactics, no real effort, and they are very fast. There is no way such an entry level game mode should give gear faster than MM pve content. You don’t like it? Grow up like the rest of us and play the game.

Yes heaven forbid I want to gear by playing the game type I enjoy. :rolleyes: I have no interest in PVE at all, even less so spamming FP's for several hours for several days playing rng lottery while being unable to directly purchase the set I want because its not on the vendor.

Until they change it or bring pvp gear back I refuse to play this game. Already uninstalled it.

Don't you get a crate for *winning* a pvp match?

Still tho, FP stealth-team runs are the fastest way to gear.

It doesn't always give gear, and when it does, its not an upgrade 99% of the time.

It is, and is absolutely pointless for PVP. It doesn't even reset between pops, forget rounds. Not saying it should, just saying that isn't good for PVP as it currently works.

um maybe for regstar. for solo ranked and g ranked a 10 min cd one use merc heal on a class that can choose its tactical every stlth out, it is epic.

I’ve finally hit 306 with my wife after 3 days of grinding vet and master mode red reaper on Deception Sin’s after using treasure hunting to get our iRating to 276 faster AND spending 12 million credits (personally) to gear and swap mods.

I still only have 3 pieces of Sin set bonus and a tacticals because ALL of our group loot drops have been for tank gear :mad:(when the two of us have been on deception the whole time).

How many tech frags are you getting per match, per daily and per weekly in pvp?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Swtor gearing is boring.

Done with this game pretty much. Give me wz comms and mod vendors with all tacticals etc and i might have played the game again.

Really can't be bothered to play regs or ranked anymore with a broken queue or repetitive vandin pops. I'll log in once maybe twice a month just so nobody has to give me guild leadership back constantly but yeah, basically done when my sub runs out. Then I'll hopefully convince someone to take lead for good and forget about swtor like the vast majority of my in game friends list has.

I might log in now and then to check whether they updated anything but I appear to have become one of those jaded old pvpers. How sad

Edited by RACATW

^ he gets it. I havent logged in and played seriously since thursday, have no future plans to either. game has become repitive and boring and since all set bonuses and tacticals are rng, you cant count on them happening tomorrow or two years from now. so what's the point of logging in?

^ he gets it. I havent logged in and played seriously since thursday, have no future plans to either. game has become repitive and boring and since all set bonuses and tacticals are rng, you cant count on them happening tomorrow or two years from now. so what's the point of logging in?

They aren’t RNG.

I’ve finally hit 306 with my wife after 3 days of grinding vet and master mode red reaper on Deception Sin’s after using treasure hunting to get our iRating to 276 faster AND spending 12 million credits (personally) to gear and swap mods.

I still only have 3 pieces of Sin set bonus and a tacticals because ALL of our group loot drops have been for tank gear :mad:(when the two of us have been on deception the whole time).

How many tech frags are you getting per match, per daily and per weekly in pvp?

Grats on the 306! I'm at 274 currently just doing PvP. (Well, I tried a single red repear run, where some PvE people were kind enough to tolerate my many questions and explain the mechanics to me :D ). The trouble I'm seeing is that from both PvP boxes, and also renown boxes, I'm still getting under 274 gear, even down to 270 sometimes. I already put this in as a bug, because my understanding is that we are supposed to get i-level gear or the next tear up.

As for tech frags. I've been getting 10 frags for a loss, and 15 for a win in PvP. Plus, for a win, however many I get from deconstructing gear from the PvP box, which is usually also in the teens somewhere. (I still haven't seen a PvP box from a loss, despite some reports I've read that say it's supposed to be possible.)

For the daily & weekly, I just checked. The 2-match daily doesn't list any tech frags in the rewards. The weekly is 135. I don't have anyone who has the 4 man daily available until the reset later today.

3 nights by shadow tank in MM FP solo = 306 full tank (yeh, duo could be faster, but you get half reward. So it must be 2.5x faster at least). 3-4 more hours to get some dps stuff.

4 hours on 2 other chars to make em 75.

Next 20 mins that chars are 306 as well (from last runs by tank).

1 OP by tank = +3000 extra fragments

Relloged to that 2 chars and played random, now tank has pieces which he couldn't get ever itself.

Ready for pvp - 22 medals per match (yeh, didn't play ranked single time as I hate arenas, so not sure how u measure success there).

Edited by alexzk

Grats on the 306! I'm at 274 currently just doing PvP. (Well, I tried a single red repear run, where some PvE people were kind enough to tolerate my many questions and explain the mechanics to me :D ). The trouble I'm seeing is that from both PvP boxes, and also renown boxes, I'm still getting under 274 gear, even down to 270 sometimes. I already put this in as a bug, because my understanding is that we are supposed to get i-level gear or the next tear up.

As for tech frags. I've been getting 10 frags for a loss, and 15 for a win in PvP. Plus, for a win, however many I get from deconstructing gear from the PvP box, which is usually also in the teens somewhere. (I still haven't seen a PvP box from a loss, despite some reports I've read that say it's supposed to be possible.)

For the daily & weekly, I just checked. The 2-match daily doesn't list any tech frags in the rewards. The weekly is 135. I don't have anyone who has the 4 man daily available until the reset later today.

Wow, I get more tech frags than that from deconstructing the 272-276 stuff that drops from my TH missions. Bioware really need to reward more tech frags in pvp,

They aren’t RNG.

When I read the patch notes every single set bonus and tactical that was useful had a "Higher probability to drop from X"

and the set bonus at the end of fps is random to your spec. doesnt matter if you are dps, tnk or heal.

Edited by Seterade

When I read the patch notes every single set bonus and tactical that was useful had a "Higher probability to drop from X"

and the set bonus at the end of fps is random to your spec. doesnt matter if you are dps, tnk or heal.

I got full 306/set bonus, fully optimized by day 2, getting exactly 0 set bonus pieces dropped from FPS. I bought them from the vendor, which required exactly 0 RNG, just like all the other expansions where we bought gear from vendors. You do not need to rely on the sets to drop. Just grind out the tech frags and buy them from the vendors, no RNG required at all.

Side benefit of that, by the time you get all the tech fragments to buy all your set bonus pieces (requiring a total of 21k tech fragments), you will have gotten more than enough mod/enhancement and armoring drops to fully optimize your gear when you fill your shells.

Edited by Jinre_the_Jedi

I got full 306/set bonus, fully optimized by day 2, getting exactly 0 set bonus pieces dropped from FPS. I bought them from the vendor, which required exactly 0 RNG, just like all the other expansions where we bought gear from vendors. You do not need to rely on the sets to drop. Just grind out the tech frags and buy them from the vendors, no RNG required at all.

Side benefit of that, by the time you get all the tech fragments to buy all your set bonus pieces (requiring a total of 21k tech fragments), you will have gotten more than enough mod/enhancement and armoring drops to fully optimize your gear when you fill your shells.

You do realize not all the sets and tacticals are available on the vendor right? Oh wait, you probably never read the patch notes so everything is peachy for you.

Lest not forget the fact that the ones you can get from vendors are empty shells and the mods you get from the vendor are RANDOM and they added like 20 different variations of mod stats which is beyond dumb.

Edited by Raansu

gear drop is based on your item level, not renown iirc

You are completely right. I had thought renown would have some play in it, but it is all item rating based.

Which begs a question:

What is renown good for? Other than an extra box every 160k xp? Anything else it ties into or affects?

Wow, I get more tech frags than that from deconstructing the 272-276 stuff that drops from my TH missions. Bioware really need to reward more tech frags in pvp,

Yeah, that doesn't surprise me. PvP, except when they add mats to ranked or something, has had the worst rewards for a long time.

I just checked the 4-match daily. That gives 25 tech frags.

You do realize not all the sets and tacticals are available on the vendor right? Oh wait, you probably never read the patch notes so everything is peachy for you.

Lest not forget the fact that the ones you can get from vendors are empty shells and the mods you get from the vendor are RANDOM and they added like 20 different variations of mod stats which is beyond dumb.

I've noticed that even on the mod drops from bosses and such, even the same ones will have slightly different stats.

Getting your shells filled and optimized isn’t random. If your set bonus is locked behind something else and is not on the vendor, that sucks.

Getting your shells filled and optimized isn’t random. If your set bonus is locked behind something else and is not on the vendor, that sucks.

Ya it sucks, just like this entire rng gearing system. And yes getting the shells optimized is random because the vendor that sells the mods is rng and the drops are also.....rng.

I am a little bit confused, please help me out: I do rememeber a delevoper post claiming they aim for making gear irrelevant in PVP.

But how can that be true, when set bonuses and tacticals make a huge difference?

Is it true at all that gear tier, augments and amplifiers are irrelevant in PVP?

If all matters, then we have a serious issue here for my fellow PVP guildies are all playing PVE content claiming PVP is not rewarding (enough). What has happened to the "Play it your way" (or whatever) propaganda?

I am a little bit confused, please help me out: I do rememeber a delevoper post claiming they aim for making gear irrelevant in PVP.

But how can that be true, when set bonuses and tacticals make a huge difference?

Is it true at all that gear tier, augments and amplifiers are irrelevant in PVP?

If all matters, then we have a serious issue here for my fellow PVP guildies are all playing PVE content claiming PVP is not rewarding (enough). What has happened to the "Play it your way" (or whatever) propaganda?

Bolster is maxed at 306, but bolster doesn't account for tertiary stats or augments, nor does it account for your set bonus or amps or tacticals....so yes gear still matters, and yes your guildies that pvp have every right to feel pvp is not rewarding enough right now because they are being forced to pve to gear up in this garbage rng system.

Got 8 blue pvp boxes and only 1 item was upgrade others was upto 6 level lover than what i had so gearing with pvp is ****ed as always lets do some FPs to get some real gear. And amount of tech fragment you get with pvp is stupid and if you lose all you get is a middle finger from BW.

Basically. I don't remember if they actually said "irrelevant". But they definitely made bolster put us at max gear level (I don't know that it actually does, but they said it would). And they also said that amplifiers would be insignificant. I don't remember them saying anything about set bonuses with respect to PvP.

Right.

No, that's not true. Kre'a has demonstrated in his video how important set bonuses are to sin (and it's kind of pointless to try to get set bonus gear before you get to 306). Plus how much increase he gets from good amplifier distribution (about 10% dmg increase 100% of the time - or you can get a 20% boost for the first 10 seconds every time you start combat - like that). I've heard rumors that augments are not bolstered either, but I don't know if that's true.

Technically, I guess, it's still "play your way". I *can*, eventually, get to 306 gear and get all that other stuff. It might take me weeks or months playing PvP, and not the days that people are doing it running a couple flashpoints. So "play your way" is still there, it's just not "all ways to play are equal".

I'd much rather have PvP give decent rewards too. On the other hand, just playing regs right now I don't feel totally useless sitting at my i-level 274 (currently), and without any set bonus or decent amplifiers, or a good tactical, or any augments. But that's because mostly regs is still about whichever teams happens to have the most players who are actually playing to win, vs deathmatching or going for solo achievements or just afk'ing to get the dailies/weekly done. I'd hate to try actual ranked like this... heh.

Got 8 blue pvp boxes and only 1 item was upgrade others was upto 6 level lover than what i had so gearing with pvp is ****ed as always lets do some FPs to get some real gear. And amount of tech fragment you get with pvp is stupid and if you lose all you get is a middle finger from BW.

Right, and there's that. Even when you do win in PvP and get a magic box. I'm also finding that 1/2 the gear or more is actually lower than my iLevel now. For a while I thought it might have just been PvP boxes, but I've gotten renown boxes like that too.

I've noticed that even on the mod drops from bosses and such, even the same ones will have slightly different stats.

There are about 18 different versions of the same things. At least there were on the pts.

What I’ve been doing is keeping all 306 stuff and storing it. Then you can see what you need to min max a piece to get your “over all” stats right. If you wait for the exact piece per item you might be waiting a long time. So it’s better to try and balance the over all stats and not individual pieces (except maybe main hand)