Please do something about spammers.

Oreget

F2P referral link users don't get the sub time. You have to be at least preferred in order to get the sub time.

How about you use your head and start checking the level of some of the spammers. They are not level 25. They are level 1 on the starter worlds. F2P do not get sub time for using a referral link. F2P can not use chat (even group, whisper, or guild chat) at level 1. F2P can not send credits by mail. So how are the gold spammers F2P? You don't even know the limits on F2P accounts and yet you're willing to apply a needlessly punitive and completely ineffective restriction to them because you're absolutely certain the spammers are F2P when the current limits on F2P accounts make it impossible for them to be spammers.

the sellers (sub accounts that hold the credits) themselves aren't f2p man as they have to have no credit limit to send the users their credits. I never said f2p could do any of the things you suggested. I know the limits I was F2P and preferred before :rolleyes:. I'll have to check your theory that they aren't lvl 25.. I got no proof on that yet. . I doubt the actual general chat spammers are all subscribers, they'd just lose too much money and stored credits. Doesn't make any sense business-wise unless there are a ton of people buying credits to make up for it, which is possible. The current limits arent impossible, what I said is true, in order to spam in general chat all you have to do is get to lvl 25.. which can be done very quickly now in this game lol. :eek:

Edited by SaerethDL

Nah, it would just mean they have to use a few more stolen or faked credit card numbers.

yeah this is possible but.. they could also be using customers subscriber accounts from their powerleveling services to spam. :D

Edited by SaerethDL

yeah this is possible but.. they could also be using customers subscriber accounts from their powerleveling services to spam. :D

What are you even talking about?

I sat on the fleet long enough to get marked AFK twice and didn't see a single gold spammer. There were a few referral link spammers, but those must be subbed. I went to Tython. Before I even loaded in a gold spammer had posted twice; 10sec apart, which is faster than F2P can post to general chat. Before I had even been marked AFK once they had posted over 10 times. Off to Ord Mantel and the same thing. Both of those characters were level 1 so absolutely, positively not F2P.

But even with all this evidence staring you in the face, evidence that is so easily verified, you continue to want to blame and punish F2P players for something they can not do. Why are you so intent that it's F2P'ers doing this? Why are you so intent on punishing them with punitive action for things they're not doing? What is your problem with F2P players?

I went to Tython. Before I even loaded in a gold spammer had posted twice; 10sec apart, which is faster than F2P can post to general chat.

A lot of the time, there are more than 1 spammer, who's names can be nearly alike. Not saying this was the case with what you've seen, just saying from personal experience i've noticed this. There are definately more spammers on starter worlds, but fleet gets them a lot too.

What are you even talking about?

I sat on the fleet long enough to get marked AFK twice and didn't see a single gold spammer. There were a few referral link spammers, but those must be subbed. I went to Tython. Before I even loaded in a gold spammer had posted twice; 10sec apart, which is faster than F2P can post to general chat. Before I had even been marked AFK once they had posted over 10 times. Off to Ord Mantel and the same thing. Both of those characters were level 1 so absolutely, positively not F2P.

But even with all this evidence staring you in the face, evidence that is so easily verified, you continue to want to blame and punish F2P players for something they can not do. Why are you so intent that it's F2P'ers doing this? Why are you so intent on punishing them with punitive action for things they're not doing? What is your problem with F2P players?

I block multiple credit spammer accounts daily when I'm on the fleet, the spammers are really on every planet that has decent population including going back to the starter planets (you act like they can't lvl up on these starter planets or can't go back to them to spam). Listen man I'm not saying you're wrong man but I remember before there was lvl 25 restrictions on f2p to type in general chat, and the game was absolutely rampant with credit spammers.. once they put the restrictions in , it cleared up general chat a lot. it's not f2p players doing this, and i'm not blaming them, all the blame is on the gold sellers and people that buy from them making there be a need for restrictions on f2p unfortunately. You act like I want to harm f2p players and I don't, like I said I've been one of them. I'm about to head to a starter planet now and check it out for myself and see what level they are. Again i'm not saying its not possible for a subscriber to also be a spammer, but I'm saying there are probably a lot more f2p accounts spamming that way the gold sellers don't lose too much money. And I'm not saying it will completely remove the problem if f2p can't type in general, but I think it will help out a lot. Also the gold sellers would have to give bioware more money each time they get banned from general chat and the game. Bioware and 99% of other mmo's put this same kind of f2p policy lvl chat restrictions in place, just for the fact to combat gold seller spam and you act as if there is no causation or correlation.. come on.

Also in response to your quote of me, "what are you even talking about". I'm talking about on the credit sellers website they also do power leveling, which means... the customer gives the credit seller their personal swtor account information and it has to be an active subscriber. so with this customers active subscriber account they are power leveling, they then in turn use this customers account to spam their credit seller links with a newly created character from this customers active subscription. Does that make sense? ;) It would help your cause that not all gold spammers are f2p accounts.

Edited by SaerethDL

after some research ceryxp is correct. I went to many different starter planets on many different servers and I found 8 credit sellers spam, all of these 8 credit sellers where indeed lvl 1. What does this mean? True F2P accounts aren't the ones spamming starter planets. Therefore adding new restrictions just for f2p accounts would solve nothing.

So what can we get out of this? This could mean the credit sellers are stealing accounts, and credit cards to either buy free subscriptions or use a subscribers account to post spam. This also could mean credit sellers are just buying new subscriptions each time they get banned. Or it could simply mean that they just aren't getting banned, and EAware is doing a bad job at this position.

So what can we do? We could do nothing or impose new restrictions for everyone. What restrictions? The developers could make it so newly created accounts and newly created players within a certain timeframe, say until 15-30 days reached, do not have the ability to speak in general chat. Or we could make it so that everyone including subscribers do not have the ability to post in general chat until they reach a certain acheivement or certain lvl. They could also implement a better spam filter that could pick up the general kind of wording that the spammers use. Certain keywords and such.

We could also just do nothing, and leave it the way it is.. it is really down to willpower and those bad apples that feel the need to purchase credits against TOS. maybe start banning players accounts that buy these credits. IDK. i'll admit I was wrong though and I now do not believe imposing further restrictions on f2p accounts will do any good.

Edited by SaerethDL

Or it could simply mean that they just aren't getting banned, and EAware is doing a bad job at this position.

So what can we do? We could do nothing or impose new restrictions for everyone. What restrictions? The developers could make it so newly created accounts and newly created players within a certain timeframe, say until 15-30 days reached, do not have the ability to speak in general chat. Or we could make it so that everyone including subscribers do not have the ability to post in general chat until they reach a certain acheivement or certain lvl.

again, wrong solution. New players are the ones that need general chat the most. They have lots of questions regarding quests, mechanics, vendors etc.

BW needs to choose one employee to play the game as a moderator in the busiest hours and just ban every credit spammer they notice. Would make a difference. Repeat this action every 3-5 days, and we'd see the difference.

again, wrong solution. New players are the ones that need general chat the most. They have lots of questions regarding quests, mechanics, vendors etc.

BW needs to choose one employee to play the game as a moderator in the busiest hours and just ban every credit spammer they notice. Would make a difference. Repeat this action every 3-5 days, and we'd see the difference.

Yeah that may help a little bit but again the credit sellers would just make new accounts on the days 3-5 days the moderator isnt looking and If they were going to do that they'd have done it by now, I havent seen a moderator ingame ever not in my 8+ years playing. My suggestion your right isn't new player friendly, but it would indeed help combat credit spammers that get banned. But I also had another solution you left out, which would be do nothing.. and I really think thats what we are going to be left with. :D

Edited by SaerethDL

Beat the 'gold sellers' at their own game like Blizzard did. IF you are the type that wants to buy gold allow that you can buy from the game folks not the Asian places. There's not a lot I need to see in general chat on starter planets, I can ignore the whole thing. Bonus is I don't see the referral spammers either

Beat the 'gold sellers' at their own game like Blizzard did. IF you are the type that wants to buy gold allow that you can buy from the game folks not the Asian places. There's not a lot I need to see in general chat on starter planets, I can ignore the whole thing. Bonus is I don't see the referral spammers either

They really already have that though, its called the cartel market. You can buy items with real money and sell those items for in game currency.

One secret to deal with spammers. Credit sellers hate him!

Right click name, left click ignore.

I know it sounds difficult, but you'd be surprised.

True its that easy, but what happens when you run out of ignore room and have to delete spammers and trolls off your list to add more space :rolleyes:

Edited by SaerethDL

You make room in your ignore list.

Revolutionary I know.

lol thats not a good answer. I just said I don't want to delete trolls and spammers off my ignore list just to make more room. then the problem will just repeat itself.

Edited by SaerethDL

lol thats not a good answer. I just said I don't want to delete trolls and spammers off my ignore list just to make more room. then the problem will just repeat itself.

You know those 20 or so spammers on your ignore list aren't all spamming at the same time right?

And again, right click the name in your ignore list, left click unignore. Right click name in chat, left click ignore.

Revolutionary I know. Who'da thought 4 mouse button clicks would be such a chore.

Edited by Templock

I always report and then block. And I'd hate to see new players not able to chat but they might have to make it so new accounts either need to sub at least once in order to chat or they need to leave starter planet. Both aren't good for new players but it might crack down on spam. Edited by Darth_Vainous
Word correction

You know those 20 or so spammers on your ignore list aren't all spamming at the same time right?

And again, right click the name in your ignore list, left click unignore. Right click name in chat, left click ignore.

Revolutionary I know. Who'da thought 4 mouse button clicks would be such a chore.

I don't want to remove anyone from my ignore list to eventually have to deal with them again in a never ending cycle. again you didnt answer the question but are trying be witty, sarcastic, and failing each time at that. If you want to keep embarrassing yourself go right ahead :D

Edited by SaerethDL