Disappointment of a Game, READ FAST

Julsnet

READ FIRST: I posted this yesterday as well, but the SWTOR team locked it because they said I was talking too much about "canceling my account" and not enough on actual feedback, despite there being 2 sentences of me just saying, "Sorry, I will not be subbing next month." They are locking ALL threads that give the game a negative image because everyone is unsubbing, and they know if people read these posts they will also consider. This game is dying already, and they have to censor us now. My last post was randomly closed, not even locked, it literally was deleted from the forums. I took out the 2 sentences about my canceling my account, so they couldn't "lock" it, so instead they flat out deleted the entire thing. The thread DISAPPEARED. No doubt this one will be locked soon, so know this players of SWTOR, the game is dying and they know it, they are taking away the right to rant! Read the entire post fast before they close it for no reason again. I'll see you all panda-side.

Now, here is the original post-

I waited for this game for a long time. I really tried to like it, I kept telling myself it will get better it will get better. It won't, and even if some things change for the better, I am playing RIGHT NOW aren't I? and I want the experience to be enjoyable RIGHT NOW.

Note- when i compare anything to other mmo's, dont say "o go back to wow if it was so good." Im just comparing it so you can better understand what I'm talking about, so stop QQing all over the post. Remember, to each his own. This is MY opinion, and I'm entitled to it, though most of this stuff is one-sided and cant be argued against.

Overall, this game is NOT an mmo. It's a single player RPG with minimum mmo content in it to call it an mmorpg, solely to make money.

-The light and dark side choices are useless. I always wanted to do different choices both dark and light, but in order for it to actual be useful (barely as it is), I have to pick either ALL dark or ALL light choices. This game was supposed to be built on how I control my destiny, yet it rewards the mainstream path and leaves variability to rot

-No chat bubbles. Enough said. And stop commenting that it's an easy fix, because you look like an idiot. If it was an easy fix, it would have been fixed in beta, let alone now after weeks after launch.

-The fact that there are different "instances" for everywhere and everything. If I join a group with someone, I usually have to travel to their "instance" or world pretty much to see and do stuff with them. It's pretty much an entire different server with combined chat functions. Completely destroys a big portion of the social aspect of MMO's. And even worse, you have to wait 30 minutes to switch again to a different instance. So if I have friends or another group to go to, sorry I have to wait 30 minutes.

-PvP is broken, and CANNOT be repaired, at least for a year or two. Mixing all lvls together in warzones?!?!?! ***? Yah balance our health and damage of our moves, but do you honestly think as a lvl 19 I have enough spells to take on a lvl 38 we'll say who has cc's, stuns, and many pew pew moves? I pretty sure whoever thought of this system must have been on something.

-The actual warzones BLOW. Ok huttball is cool at first, but gets old TOO fast. alderran is sooo bad. SO bad. Its small first off, and all u do is aoe and fight around the flag points in one giant mass of people running around in one area.

-The planets r mostly small. its like if earth was a planet, the entire zone would be the size of upstate new york. you call that a planet? there are a FEW fairly sized planets, but u fly by them quickly and never see them again.

-The planets themselves, however small they are, are SO poorly designed and have no open space. The mountains and different environmental terrains make it so I follow a linear path to wherever my quest is. No openness at all. In wow, the zones were so open and I felt free to go wherever, I had breathing space. In this game, it doesn't feel real at all, feels like they wanted to use less memory space so they restriced the environment of the planets, as if they weren't small in the first place.

-The auction house or whatever its called is just a mess. You can't even search for anything. You have to go through of a huge list of detailed options to identify EXACTLY what you are looking for before you can even type anything. If I want to see the prices for something I'm going to sell, I'm not going to spend 5 minutes going through a list to find that out

-operations and flashpoints are so glitched. So many bugs that I feel like its still beta

-the amount of bugs in general, like i said above, they didnt spend anytime at all to fix them

-No option for macros. This can be easily fixed as well, but who knows how long until it will be, if chat bubbles haven't even been implemented

-when you quit the game, it sometimes freezes up and doesnt quit. This has happened on both my high-def gaming i7 laptop and my desktop. It's a hassle to press cntrl+alt+delete and have to wait for the game to be forced quit

-Worst customer service I have EVER seen in my life. Their emails take over 5 days to respond, and the phone lines are even worse. When you call them, a MAJORITY of the time you will here, "Lines are too busy, call again later" and then it hangs up on you. ONE time I got lucky and it put me in que. Guess how long I waited? Over two hours. TWO GODDAM HOURS. No joke, after 121 minutes of leaving the phone on the speaker, I was like **** this and hung up. Didn't even get my problem solved. The reasoning for this will be explained in the next problem below, so read on

-Ques for both getting to the game and the actual site. Wait, the actual site? Since when does a website have a que? And no, don't even think about saying, "its because a lot of people play the game," No. The servers just blow. Only ~1.5 million players currently play the game, so if your site/servers can't handle THAT, then that's just sad. Vanilla wow had ques too, but it was only about 5-10 mins MAX. And that was only for the actual game. It's so sad to even say that a website has que problem, and the fact that it's not because there are a lot of people going on it makes things worse.

-No social aspect to game. The chat is soo annoying. More in aion but also a bit in wow, you could customize your chat so you have for example, on tab for general chat, one for only regular chatting with people around you, one tab for party chat, one for guild, or you could even mix a tab to have like guild and party chat. In this, all you have is one social tab and one combat tab. The social chat is filled with the General [barrens] chat of people randomly talking about stuff, so a lot of times you miss people who try and talk to you. Its already hard enough to talk without chat bubbles, this makes it near impossible.

-When you target someone and you use a spell, it follows them wherever they go, so you cant kite people. If your a melee character and are running around say a ranged dps, they will ALWAYS hit you with the spell/attack because the character auto locks on you while your are casting/charging, so it will turn on its own in the same spot and if the enemy goes behind you, it turns around on its own. Horrible for melee characters

-Some moves you have to wait until the animation is finished before you can actually do anything else. For example, if you are a sith inquisitor, you have to wait for the character to actually move his hands in a dumb motion to cast Static Barrier before I can cast another spell. In pvp and sticky pve situations, it really is the difference between life and death.

-Certain/Numerous buggy things in the interface. One is when I right click on a name in the chat to whisper or do an action do, it doesn't work often times and I have to click a bunch of times before it works. It's really annoying when the general chat is going through so fast.

-Inspecting is so hard to get to, you have to right click the character, then scroll to Other Actions, and then go to the drop down list to actually get to it. Inspect is one of the most used actions from player to player, so why is it so hard to get to? People arent standing still most of the time, they are moving, so taking a long time to get to a command that only works when they are next to you is so dumb.

-Ships. No they arent YOUR own ship. You just go inside, and watch a 5 second animation of light speed to another planet, then your out. They should have had like mini games or something for ships, or allowed people to go in your ships. you could have even decorated the inside of your ship in different ways or had at least some sort of customization besides the unnoticed gear that you attach for space battles. Had multiplayer interactions/stuff u know? Even runescape had player owned houses where other people could come inside and do lots of fun stuff in.

-Space combat was just another addition they added for it to look good so people buy the game, but then see it is such a joke. Its like a cheap rip off of Star Fox. you go in a linear path shooting stuff. Like, if you ever played super smash bros, you know when you beat the 1p part, at the end your the gunner of a fake ship or something and you shoot the names of the people as they go by in space? Kind of like a playable credits. Thats pretty much the same thing as space combat in swtor.smh

-crafting is HORRENDOUS. You dont even craft, your companions do. I could get max lvl stats in all my crew skills by standing in one spot for hours. You don't do anything, you just send your companion off to gather stuff, then send em off again to make stuff out of what they gathered.

-Companions ALWAYS get in the way. Everytime I run into someone I need to talk to, my companion for some reason ALWAYS has to go right in front of me and block me from being able to press the character. No, I dont want to ****in talk to ur ugly face every goddam minute khem, Get the **** out of my way.

-Voice acting and visual customization: The thing they spent the most time and money on, voice acting, and its not even that great. At first, yes its pretty good, but thats only because its new and you havent seen any other mmo with this depth of voice acting. but after a while, you notice the same voices from everyone. Not only that, but a lot of your own replies are the same. "This is beneath me Ill do it" and corny lines like that are frequently used in the EXACT same tone. And visual customization is even worse. In aion, the customization for your characters was the best I've ever seen in my life. It's the exact opposite in this game. You see a lot of familiar faces in different NPC's that you interact with. Only difference is one might have a mustache while the other doesn't.

Now, I know in the future, SOME of these things MIGHT be fixed, probably not even fully. But like I said in the beginning, I'm playing this game now. I'm lvling and experiencing the game NOW. I don't want to wait until some of these major issues are fixed to fully enjoy the game. Sorry BioWare, you should have sticked with what you were actually good at, single player RPGs. You can have the $60 I paid for the game as a donation for actually attempting to make an mmo.

Looks like its pandas for me...peace

Agreed with EVERYTHING !

Don't listen to the BioDrones. I can see now why Bioware was keeping things under wraps for so long with the NDA, because the game is a MESS.

I don't feel bad with giving Bioware $150 for the Collectors Edition, and I will still buy Mass Effect 3, but I don't see myself sticking around for long after I get to level 50.

Once the story is over, it's GAME OVER.

The fact that you got level 50's running around 2 weeks after launch is a huge problem, for Bioware, not US.

Once people get bored, due to no End Game content they will leave the game. Bioware swears they are adding new content, but for their first update they added 1 flash point to the game. LMAO !!!! 1 FLASH POINT !?!!?!?!?!?!??

How quickly the community is burning through content, Bioware will need 100 flash points to keep up !!

No sweat of my back, if I can beat the game before my monthly subscription is due,

I WIN !!!!!!!!!!!

That's more money I can spend on a real MMO, like TERA coming out in a few months.

Dear Bioware,

COOL STORY BRO..

The rest of you I will see ya in Tera !!

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am awed by your foresight and intuition about this game. Why are you here in a forum when there are so many games out there to be saved, lotteries to be won, go go the people of the Earth need you!

This made me laugh so hard. haha

+Rep mang...

As to the OP...Oh no! You're canceling! Heaven forbid! What will we do???

Personally...I'll be logging in tonight with one less QQer in the queue....WOOT!

The fanboys will mindlessly attack anyone that utters a bad word about their game, its just in their nature :rolleyes: But there are a few sane people on these forums who actually like the game but will also listen and understand your points. Edited by BladeStrike

Well I agree about the instances, I was playing a couple of minutes ago, there where 23 people playing at my region, and they were spread out over 2 instances, why would they do that :S it allready was feeling very empty.

And I also agree about the planets being so small, I really don't have the feeling I am on a big planet with a real life world, it feels like little levels, and people saying bioware will fix things, sure they will, but I seriously doubt it they will make the levels feel more open, and give us more freedom.

I do agree with a lot of what you have to say. I do not however agree with all of it.

The crafting is great imo. Being able to send out a member of your crew to gather mats while you actually play the game is great.

I liked that the quests are being displayed for you in a cinematic way and you can choose your responses.

I agree that the areas should be bigger and that there should be more content overall.

The auction house is one of the things that really bugs me. Why can't I just shift click an item in my inventory and search the AH?

I am sure mods will come out for this game, but as of right now the UI needs some work. The placement of the chat windows was odd. I know you can move them but where can you move them to without interfering with another part of the UI?

The pvp is a huge let down for me. It's very buggy and half the time I can't follow whats going on. Like in huttball when I walk over the air thing that launches you, I walk over it and I fly up, but then I glitch out and I teleport back onto the floor, then back into the air, then I die....

All in all I enjoy the storyline and the game, but it needs work to keep me interested.

I am going to cancel my subscription for now and maybe return after it receives a few patches.

They are locking ALL threads that give the game a negative image because everyone is unsubbing,

Stopped reading right here. Everything in that sentence is incorrect.

1. Mods are not locking all threads that say something negative about TOR.
  2. They're certainly not doing it because subscription numbers are dropping.
  3. And lastly, subscriptions are not dropping.

Sorry you didn't enjoy the game- too bad, so sad, as they say. But starting off a massive wall of text with three lies in sixteen words means you're pretty much full of it.

Everyone keeps saying its only been * insert days here* they're going to keep saying that its only been *insert days here* until everyone noticed this is true.

I agree in 99.9% of it.

PS: I canceled my sub. I will be back when they fix the game.

I have to agree about the website queue... I've never heard of a website requiring a queue. I feel like that was a publicity stunt to make it appear like they had more people playing than they really were. Or to make 1+ mil look bigger than it is. I dunno.

I do have a bit of knowledge in that realm. I feel like they just didn't really plan this well for queue's. Maybe they felt the game wasn't going to be that popular?

They implemented the website queue to allow for people to register their accounts/product codes more easily.

Wow, just wow...I didn't even read past the first few sentences. If they blocked it for ranting and raving, he comes back and posts it again? How about some feedback on how to make a post. My first complaint which will lead me to cancelling my viewing this thread is DON'T USE A DARK RED FONT COLOR on a BLACK BACKGROUND.

man i wish they'd lock / delete this thread.

Again? Isn't that kinda harsh threatment for it?

Clearly they can't make up their mind between "delete too much negativity" and "keep it open might have constructive discussion value", so locking it would probably be a good thing... then again someone might read its history.

So I made this new car for you, don't mind that it has no seat belts, has an 8 track instead of a CD player, no air conditioner, no emergency break, and no blinkers because hey the 1908 model t ford didn't have those either, why compare the car to the new ones when we can compare it to an older one?

Also Rift had less bugs during BETA.

This isnt a car.