Is it possible to do SM OPs with 2 people?

TrixxieTriss

Damn :(

Thanks for the replies guys. I was hoping 2 people + 2 x50 lvl comps might be able to. Oh well.

Can't bring out the comps in ops. I used to run the early ones with a friend, he healed, I tanked. Two were grand.

As the other poster says, 4 or 5 might work, but haven't seen anyone try (or haven't tried myself) since level sync.

Can't bring out the comps in ops. I used to run the early ones with a friend, he healed, I tanked. Two were grand.

As the other poster says, 4 or 5 might work, but haven't seen anyone try (or haven't tried myself) since level sync.

LoL, shows how much I know about OPs. I figured you could like FPs

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Just wanted to farm some refined isotope stabilizers

Would be a fun and chill activity to be able to do so, wouldn't it? I'm still vehemently against a game-wide level sync for things just like this. Nevermind the fact that they don't tweak it to make it actually engaging either.

Would be a fun and chill activity to be able to do so, wouldn't it? I'm still vehemently against a game-wide level sync for things just like this. Nevermind the fact that they don't tweak it to make it actually engaging either.

True. I don’t like lvl sync either.

Level sync also effectively put an end to soloing your initial unlock of HK-51. Too bad too imo. That almost got me interested in doing hard content in FP maybe even ops. Almost. ;)

Level sync also effectively put an end to soloing your initial unlock of HK-51. Too bad too imo.

by this you mean the Theortika and/or the Lord of Agony part? The components from the flashpoints are available in story mode, which is extremly easy with a companion.

soloed this last week on a marauder. i think the most time consuming part was the search on taris.

Haha, yeah. I've made 200 mill dumping all of mine onto the GTN this past month.

Msg me if you want to run some ops on the weekend (cuz I doubt i can do weekdays with your Aussie timezone). I bet we could 5-man some stuff easy.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I've given up on getting refined isotope stabilizers. They seem intended as a reward for hardcore raiders, as they seem only to drop from master mode flashpoints and operations.

Personally, an alternate way to make Dark Projects would be appreciated.

Would be a fun and chill activity to be able to do so, wouldn't it?

Yes. Before level sync I ran some Ops with a friend. I played a healer or DPS with off heals, and they played a tank or DPS. We both had field respecc (and carried role-specific armor sets), switching to whichever role combo worked best with just the two of us. They were purely fun runs, and truly were fun. I've since joined a guild that does training runs for Ops, but the runs are at a time that I usually not in game. Still, it's nice to have that option available.

Personally, an alternate way to make Dark Projects would be appreciated.

That would be nice.

by this you mean the Theortika and/or the Lord of Agony part? The components from the flashpoints are available in story mode, which is extremly easy with a companion.

soloed this last week on a marauder. i think the most time consuming part was the search on taris.

It was initially required to do in HM only. That has been changed since then so it is now solo-able, but it didn't start that way. That's what he meant in terms of doing harder content related to that quest

lvl sync is killing it for me. And I was sad to learn Comp equipment doesn't matter and it's only cosmetic.

Well, and I was very happy when they finally changed this pointless and cumbersome mechanic. No more ninja looters who keep needing all gear drops for their companions.

TBH I no longer recall which part required completing a hard mode FP to get a piece of something. I did this years ago long before they changed to level sync and at that time a level 60 was way over the cap for that FP. For me it's irrelevant now.

And that's just numbers-wise. I'm not sure how you'd do Operator or the gate puzzle in DF with less than 3-4 people, for instance.

That's also old (players are level 60 and the mobs are 55) and I'm going to guess and say couldn't be done currently.

4-5 might be possible, but rotations, teamwork, the best rated gear possible will all be needed in order to hit dps marks, heal and tank when and where needed. for any average ops team, i doubt you'd be far without at least 7 players at minimum, it depends if the dps numbers have been hit before a certain time on each boss or that enrage will go off before you can kill them off and it can happen.

so 2 players, a tank and healer alone wouldn't be possible, not unless they had valkorion levels of force power each. :p

Haha, yeah. I've made 200 mill dumping all of mine onto the GTN this past month.

Msg me if you want to run some ops on the weekend (cuz I doubt i can do weekdays with your Aussie timezone). I bet we could 5-man some stuff easy.

Thanks for the offer. I’ll let you know :D