Okay, so many people posting and Didn't listen to the Stream Mis-leading and Lying.

MandFlurry

So, i was talking about how Eric, Keith and Boyd were all saying 1 thing and then some fools here decide to take their Own version of what happened in the Stream, that Never happened. So many people here need to actually listen and Stop lying. Some idiot reported because i called them lies. Grow up.

If people are Not going to Listen and be factual about what the Devs said in the Stream then don't post and lie about it then cry to a CSR that i hurt your feelings.

So, i was talking about how Eric, Keith and Boyd were all saying 1 thing and then some fools here decide to take their Own version of what happened in the Stream, that Never happened. So many people here need to actually listen and Stop lying. Some idiot reported because i called them lies. Grow up.

If people are Not going to Listen and be factual about what the Devs said in the Stream then don't post and lie about it then cry to a CSR that i hurt your feelings.

IMO... there are a couple in particular that are twisting information or simply misreading parts of what have been posted by the team.. BUT IMO ... a few of them are simply not interested in listening to the truth. And even more unfortunate that all too oftten will go to extreme measures to prove their point.

IMO.. we have seen one of the best possible interaction of the dev team and are making an honest effort to improve the game.

Hopefully the negativity will not overshadow the possibilities of much needed and desired information about the upcoming 6.0 release that the rest of us are eager to get.

Maybe it would help if you say what, exactly, people are lying about?

I think part of the reason is Eric’s notes weren’t fleshed out enough and can be misinterpreted. I know I did when I first read them.

A lot of people aren’t going to sit through an hour plus stream (especially when past ones were mainly hype and no substance). I only watched after a few people pointed that I was misinterpreting what he wrote.

Watching it really does help this time. I was impressed with how much info they explained. So that was great.

But I don’t think you can flat out say people are intentionally lying if all they’ve done it read Eric’s post.

Bioware could fix this in the future by having a Q&A on the forums and not just threads started and then mostly left to their own devices.

Yes Eric did chime into a couple of threads. But only briefly and then no follow-ups to people’s expanding questions or refuting misinterpretations.

I know it’s the weekend now and we won’t get any of this. Which is why it would probably be better if they’d done the stream a day earlier and then spent more time answering questions before the weekend. Because the weekend always turns into a swamp because there is no Bioware presence.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

What are you going on about? i get the part you are attacking other users for reporting you, but not why in specifics since you are being vague about it. it should go without saying if you are going to provide something like this, what exactly is it are people lying about?

Edited by Celise

Maybe it would help if you say what, exactly, people are lying about?

Kendra, right now i need to shut my mouth lol, i rage too much, then on streams i'm too nice. Anyways, it was/ is about RNG and how some people have said everything is going the route, and how people can get geared, when it isn't all solely based on RNG.

I think some people just want to be po'd and just rage about something that they don't have a reason to. A lot of i have seen just aren't listening enough to both the stream from Chicago Celebration and from last Thursday. It seems people don't want to listen, but want to complain about things that should not be yet at least.

Also, the Devs said we won;t have to all the 300 plus levels for all the gear that we can get, we need to see this system before we cut peoples heads off.

Edited by MandFlurry

Keep in mind that when people say "won't listen to the stream," some players CAN'T listen. They have hearing problems or processing or attention-related problems and thus rely entirely on the written summaries and answers to questions. Or English isn't their first language and they can translate a written transcript, but can't understand spoken words as clearly.

This is why I've pointed out several times that transcriptions are helpful and why I wish this is something that gaming companies in general would be more mindful about.

Right now I'm completely confused by the very summarized info we were given without the more extensive explanations, and if I'm asking questions about something that was covered either here or at the cantina, well, there's a reason for that.

People don't like what you type, so instead of refuting your points they try to manipulate the GMs and moderators to "deal" with you by proclaiming their feelings got hurt by some innocuous comments you might have made.

Only way to stop this poor behavior is to not support it, but BW seems content with replying and reacting to every claim and every supposed slight. It's like rewarding tattle-tales for telling on others. This is bad.

Most successful social environments do not encourage backstabbing and/or flaky reporting by players to discipline it's playerbase, but BW seems fine with this subpar way of managing/disciplining us.

***In before posts get removed and people (me included) get punished for hurting someone's feelings.

Keep in mind that when people say "won't listen to the stream," some players CAN'T listen. They have hearing problems or processing or attention-related problems and thus rely entirely on the written summaries and answers to questions. Or English isn't their first language and they can translate a written transcript, but can't understand spoken words as clearly.

This is why I've pointed out several times that transcriptions are helpful and why I wish this is something that gaming companies in general would be more mindful about.

Right now I'm completely confused by the very summarized info we were given without the more extensive explanations, and if I'm asking questions about something that was covered either here or at the cantina, well, there's a reason for that.

i'm not one who learns by listeneing, my type of learning process is by practical or written means. About 3/4 of the stuff i listen to goes in one ear and our the other without being processed, it's just the way i'm wired.

Everyone has their own way of learning something and there should be room for that in transcripts as well.

I’d definitely recommend watching a stream, it was very informative, but I’m sure the article Dan is working on will provide the very same info and it will be more clear and thorough than a recap.

No need to overreact. Just wait a bit.

I personally don’t want to comment on anything until I see it on PTS.

People don't like what you type, so instead of refuting your points they try to manipulate the GMs and moderators to "deal" with you by proclaiming their feelings got hurt by some innocuous comments you might have made.

Only way to stop this poor behavior is to not support it, but BW seems content with replying and reacting to every claim and every supposed slight. It's like rewarding tattle-tales for telling on others. This is bad.

Most successful social environments do not encourage backstabbing and/or flaky reporting by players to discipline it's playerbase, but BW seems fine with this subpar way of managing/disciplining us.

***In before posts get removed and people (me included) get punished for hurting someone's feelings.

It really is infuriating. Best way to get my sub cancelled since it almost exclusively goes to forum access. Good to know it's not just me.

Kendra, right now i need to shut my mouth lol, i rage too much, then on streams i'm too nice. Anyways, it was/ is about RNG and how some people have said everything is going the route, and how people can get geared, when it isn't all solely based on RNG.

I think some people just want to be po'd and just rage about something that they don't have a reason to. A lot of i have seen just aren't listening enough to both the stream from Chicago Celebration and from last Thursday. It seems people don't want to listen, but want to complain about things that should not be yet at least.

Also, the Devs said we won;t have to all the 300 plus levels for all the gear that we can get, we need to see this system before we cut peoples heads off.

As far as me, personally, on the rng front: they talked about "protections". What are these? How are they implementing it?

And yes we do need to see it to judge it. That's part of the problem I have, personally.

If they actually want a mutual discussion plus a PTS with discussion and implemented changes based on that feedback, September is coming fast. The time for that has largely passed; their manpower and resources do not seem to be able to support a 3 month rush to the finish if they actually do what they say. This is why I question their words. We know next to no concrete details, the threads on set bonuses and tactical items have seen no dev commentary since they were posted, and I'm supposed to believe they suddenly want a mutual discussion 3 months before the expansion is scheduled to drop?

I simply find it more likely that the more pessimistic option is true and, just like in the past with 5.0/GC and 5.10/Ossus, they have already decided their route, and everything else is pure lip service to generate hype.

It really is infuriating. Best way to get my sub cancelled since it almost exclusively goes to forum access. Good to know it's not just me.

It's not just you, for sure. Some of the really active posters on these forums constantly get warned due to frivolous reports sent in by salty manchildren or entitled goddesses who are offended if you disagree with them.

It's just a blurry reflection of society, imo. That's where we are, as people I guess.

i'm not one who learns by listeneing, my type of learning process is by practical or written means. About 3/4 of the stuff i listen to goes in one ear and our the other without being processed, it's just the way i'm wired.

Everyone has their own way of learning something and there should be room for that in transcripts as well.

Yeah, I think there's a reason they had us have textbooks in college and a lot of us wrote notes down, because a lot of people learn, understand and remember far better by reading instead of hearing.

Which is why it makes even more sense as you say to have all of this in an easily accessible written form. They're talking about an entire gearing overhaul and it makes sense to have that in a transcript.

Yeah, I think there's a reason they had us have textbooks in college and a lot of us wrote notes down, because a lot of people learn, understand and remember far better by reading instead of hearing.

Which is why it makes even more sense as you say to have all of this in an easily accessible written form. They're talking about an entire gearing overhaul and it makes sense to have that in a transcript.

What’s the saying, “in one ear and out the other”

I actually have hearing problems to, which is why i have some stuff from video put to a kind of pdf, or i up my volume to over 60 decibals, an go over and over what was said too make sure i heard right, because i don't want to mis-quote anything.

I actually have hearing problems to, which is why i have some stuff from video put to a kind of pdf, or i up my volume to over 60 decibals, an go over and over what was said too make sure i heard right, because i don't want to mis-quote anything.

Well you truely are dedicated. But I can assure you, the average person isn’t going to do that.

Nah, it's just everyone, including me will get hellously attacked with pitch forks and irons if we screw up in what is said in the slightest, it;s like burning the witch, lol.

Not really dedication, as it is wanting to know what is being said, or else hell is coming, if we don't get it right.

As far as me, personally, on the rng front: they talked about "protections". What are these? How are they implementing it?

And yes we do need to see it to judge it. That's part of the problem I have, personally.

If they actually want a mutual discussion plus a PTS with discussion and implemented changes based on that feedback, September is coming fast. The time for that has largely passed; their manpower and resources do not seem to be able to support a 3 month rush to the finish if they actually do what they say. This is why I question their words. We know next to no concrete details, the threads on set bonuses and tactical items have seen no dev commentary since they were posted, and I'm supposed to believe they suddenly want a mutual discussion 3 months before the expansion is scheduled to drop?

I simply find it more likely that the more pessimistic option is true and, just like in the past with 5.0/GC and 5.10/Ossus, they have already decided their route, and everything else is pure lip service to generate hype.

I took it as the "protection" against the RNG was the "chuck bucks" you could spend at the vendor and choose exactly what you want.

I took it as the "protection" against the RNG was the "chuck bucks" you could spend at the vendor and choose exactly what you want.

Yeah, they were talking about how some Tacicals and gear could be obtained with Chuck/ Charles bucks :p

But they also talked about, how using our credits for some gear we need, where if we don't the right pieces, then we could pay a certain amount for a re-roll, where it could go up 3 or 4 times, then the cost would go back down after a certain amount of rolls. Definitely something i would be concerned about as well.

Well you truely are dedicated. But I can assure you, the average person isn’t going to do that.

And for those with some of the other issues mentioned, it becomes a "can't" again.

IMHO especially when it's something as important as a gearing change for the entire game or a new expansion, they really need to have both written and audio versions of the full information readily available. If nothing else it would stop a lot of redundant questions.

Yes, I have hearing loss, and live captioning or an official transcript would be very helpful to me. Though I'm guessing that BioWare has decided that not enough people would use the feature(s) to justify the cost. I will say that the sound quality of the livestream was very good, which I appreciated.

It would also have been nice if Dan's blog post had been ready to publish right after the livestream, but a short delay isn't really that big a deal to me. And honestly, I suspect I won't really understand some of the changes they're planning until I see them on the PTS.

Eric said they hope to have us start on PTS later this month(June). But i wonder if they would start in July instead. I hope they start this month, it would help a lot more.

It would help everyone if they used Closed Captioning, i don't know what Twitch's is like.

Edited by MandFlurry