Everyone, im gonna need that for my companion...

Nightfalll

Happened to me a few times allready. AFTER it was said by the person who stood to gain an upgrade that he wanted it.

To be fair, most times, players will let the 'player' gain the loot. But, its been happening more.

Just wondering what everyone thought about it. I myself, put the individuals on ignore.../shrug

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Happened to me a few times allready. AFTER it was said by the person who stood to gain an upgrade that he wanted it.

To be fair, most times, players will let the 'player' gain the loot. But, its been happening more.

Just wondering what everyone thought about it. I myself, put the individuals on ignore.../shrug

Personally, I don't care. I'd be perfectly happy if they eliminated the "Need" button altogether. People get way too worked up over this stuff.

Edited by imtrick

I can see it both ways.

Some people think that the player's character should trump all needs for a companion.

But at the same time....I can understand why people need them for their companions. They want to make sure that their companions have good armor/weapons, too.

Personally I would never need for a companion. But that is just me.

Personally, I don't care. I'd be perfectly happy if they eliminated the "Need" button altogether. People get way too worked up over this stuff.

then whats the point of loot on bosses? people take hours to get to a particular boss to gain loot and someone just loots for companion?

Just communicate with the group. Be sure that you set up the loot rules ahead of time so everyone has an understanding of the group dynamics. Need for player upgrades, Greed for Alt/Companion upgrades. Those that follow those rules be sure to add them to your friends list to group up maybe another time. It is when people assume that everyone does this that issues or happens or you find out the party member doesn't even speak english enough to communicate an understanding with.

Spending a couple minutes doing that ahead of time saves hours of grief and frustration. Granted some people will still say sure but then do it anyways. Those are people that end up on ignore. During EQ the community used to have those people listed on a masterlist so people knew who the ninja's were.

then whats the point of loot on bosses? people take hours to get to a particular boss to gain loot and someone just loots for companion?

Sure, why not?

If a group wants to decide that a particular drop should go to a certain person, great. They should do that. In theory, we're all thinking people capable of making rational decisions for ourselves without some loot system forcing civility on us. Otherwise, I don't see any harm at all in loot allocation being completely random.

Edited by imtrick

Do Flaspoints and Heroics with guildmates? Fixed.

Ignoring everyone ingame outside your guild is a fast way to kill the MMO of MMORPG. People say that a LFG tool would kill the community, but your way of playing the game seems to be contributing to that nicely without it.

Edited by Merex

That's not what he is saying. He's saying remove the 'need' button so you only have a single 'roll' button and a 'pass' button. That way everyone rolls equally on loot and there's no 'need' vs 'greed'.

if someone spends most of their time soloing, how is companion loot actually different from player loot?

If your character can equip the loot, allow the need button, if you can't have to roll greed...problem solved.

People have also been needing for the mods, not necessarily just for companions. This game is going to be a ninja fest if this doesn't get fixed, and I don't feel like having to police PUGs.

Just the downside to making everyone in the game a pet class. I never play pet classes in games as it's not a play style I enjoy. Sadly most of the content is geared to having your pet... sorry companion out so it's natural to want to gear it.

kills the mmo part of the game .best might be to tell ppl the law before they enter

this. always be the group leader

"if you take something without asking you're gone"

i always do it and people often call my bluff at which point I simply remove them from the group.

if someone spends most of their time soloing, how is companion loot actually different from player loot?

Because the companion isn't providing DPS/Heals/whatever the other player in the group is doing that and deserves to be rewarded for the effort.

As far as I am concerned, looting for myself INCLUDES my companion...

We had a situation the other day where one player was getting everything in sight, but then one of the other group members took an item to give to his companion and the guy went of the deep end. Cursing and threatening, before droping for the group and leaving.

If he had said that he wanted something particualr, but before that moment he had hardly said a word. Anyhow, we got the chatlogs and reported him; hopefully he'll get some kind of ban.

If I choose to loot something, via the need/greed system, then frankly, if I don't know you and you have not stated a prior interest in an item, then everything is fair game.

If I choose to use it, gift it, give it to my companion, junk it or sell it on the market, then that is my damn business and I have no interest in listening to you QQ about it.

Note: That a generic "You" and does not refer to the post I quoted.

I play an evil Sith. I'll roll need even if I - or any of my companions - dont need it. HAHAHAAH!

Seriously, its part of my immersion. You probably wont like grouping with me.

I also steal mission objectives after people pulls npc's surrounding them.

That's how I roll!