Everyone, im gonna need that for my companion...

Nightfalll

Its enough of a pain in the *** to get something to drop for your class, the last thing I need is some selfish stealing my drops for his companion. Have some decency, respect for other people, and stop being the whiny little brat that doesn't want to share his toys with anyone else.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Companions are pretty much extensions of our characters, so I can see the logic behind the argument. But this is really something you need to have settled at the start of the group.

I made the mistake of rolling need on a blaster because I wanted the crystal out of it. The PT starts chewing me out, and I start to feel bad till I take a look at his gear. He already had a blaster that was better then the one I looted. I informed him of this and he shut up. He was a crap tank anyway.

I ain't going too cry if I don't get that orange lightsaber in a PUG.

Its enough of a pain in the *** to get something to drop for your class, the last thing I need is some selfish stealing my drops for his companion. Have some decency, respect for other people, and stop being the whiny little brat that doesn't want to share his toys with anyone else.
I asked a while back and didn't see an answer....

How exactly, is rolling for gear for the companion different than rolling for it for your character?

hell, why differentiate between them? As far as some people are concerned, they have 1 character, he has 2 bodies and 2 sets of slot for gear.

Really, if you don't spell this out when you start the group and come to a consensus, you have 0 room to complain.

Edited by ferroz

Just communicate with the group. Be sure that you set up the loot rules ahead of time so everyone has an understanding of the group dynamics. Need for player upgrades, Greed for Alt/Companion upgrades. Those that follow those rules be sure to add them to your friends list to group up maybe another time. It is when people assume that everyone does this that issues or happens or you find out the party member doesn't even speak english enough to communicate an understanding with.

Spending a couple minutes doing that ahead of time saves hours of grief and frustration. Granted some people will still say sure but then do it anyways. Those are people that end up on ignore. During EQ the community used to have those people listed on a masterlist so people knew who the ninja's were.

Wise advice.

I'm for letting people roll on gear if it's for a companion. As long as nobody in the group needs it for their player character, then why not let it goto a companion, what else are you going to do with it? vendor it? Let the gear goto some usage, there's no reason why someone cant need it for a companion if nobody in the group needs it.

How exactly, is rolling for gear for the companion different than rolling for it for your character?

hell, why differentiate between them? As far as some people are concerned, they have 1 character, he has 2 bodies and 2 sets of slot for gear.

Really, if you don't spell this out when you start the group and come to a consensus, you have 0 room to complain.

if so don't expect that when your class loot drops others do not roll for companion because everyone get different type of companion.If so get rid of the need or greed button and let it all be need.

Without a Dungeon Finder, I won't roll on loot for my companion unless everyone is OK with it. I don't want to damage my reputation on server.

Once they implement a Dungeon Finder, I won't bother asking for permission in groups without any players from my server. In that particular situation, I'll need on gear for my companions.

Not fixed. That would kill my interest in the game 100%. I prefer running dungeons with new people to meet different people. I actually have a good guild and I haven't run a single flashpoint with any of them.

I don't understand this at all. If the people who I used to be in guilds with in other MMOs had come to this one and we were in a guild I would completely ignore every other person in the game whenever possible. Just like I did in EQ and WoW.

I want you all to know that even though I don't know you, I don't like you. I don't want to make a friend of you. I would prefer that you go and do your thing and I'll do whatever it is I'm doing and that we would never bother each other. I know it never works out that way, but I will try may hardest to ignore your existence and hope you do the same to me.

I don't understand this at all. If the people who I used to be in guilds with in other MMOs had come to this one and we were in a guild I would completely ignore every other person in the game whenever possible. Just like I did in EQ and WoW.

I want you all to know that even though I don't know you, I don't like you. I don't want to make a friend of you. I would prefer that you go and do your thing and I'll do whatever it is I'm doing and that we would never bother each other. I know it never works out that way, but I will try may hardest to ignore your existence and hope you do the same to me.

why bother playing mmorpg then loads of 5 man multi players out there.interaction is important and yes like real life meeting new people.

My argument for this would be that the need for my character to have the item far outweighs the usefulness of one of your companions receiving the item.

Companions do not exists in:

-PVP

-Flashpoints (assuming you have a full group)

-Operations

So no, I don't think that a companion taking priority on items is equivalent to a player character. I realize this weighs more heavily on end game, but it is still prevalent throughout the entire leveling process. Basically, by the opposite argument, I can roll need on any given item because I have a companion that could probably use it. That is not right, not fair, and over all just very selfish.

My argument for this would be that the need for my character to have the item far outweighs the usefulness of one of your companions receiving the item.
That's akin to the "hey, that's a bigger upgrade for me, you should give it to me" ... if it's an upgrade, it's an upgrade, so roll need.

-PVP

-Flashpoints (assuming you have a full group) (bad assumption)

-Operations

[/qupte]If someone spends all of their time in non-pvp/non-operations, then I'm not seeing this as a particularly valid reason.

That's akin to the "hey, that's a bigger upgrade for me, you should give it to me" ... if it's an upgrade, it's an upgrade, so roll need.

-PVP

-Flashpoints (assuming you have a full group) (bad assumption)

-Operations

[/qupte]If someone spends all of their time in non-pvp/non-operations, then I'm not seeing this as a particularly valid reason.

I'm not either, because this guy isn't in my group if he doesn't take part in the social aspects of the game. Glad I'm not rolling against him, and I don't need to have this argument.

The loot topic always spawns many threads on every MMO I play. There's always different camps or views on the subject. I tend to change my paradigm depending on who I'm grouped with. I group equally with friends and pugs. (I'm a total instance harlot!!)The friends I group with often run the instances to farm for companions. We discuss ahead of time who is looking for what and hit need ,greed or pass accordingly. This is of course the ideal way for me or heck, anyone I believe. In pugs it's a bit different most of the time. It's never been discussed ahead of time in any pug I've formed or been in, so I'm guilty of noncommunication also. If it were discussed ahead of time and folks knew what others were looking for and agreed on before hand, this becomes a nonissue I think. The issue is when we pug and don't talk to each other before hand, at this point if I see someonoe rolling on a piece of gear not for them, I will politely say something like this..(sweety that's a consulars lightsaber not a sentinels, see the main stat is willpower?) I will generally accept any excuse such as (omg I meant to hit greed or pass, misclick whatever). What i wont except is, I need it for my conpanion. I will let it go once with a warning of , (this was not discussed before hand so, player before companion for rest of run). if it's done again, it's just auto boot/make ignore list/ spread your name around server as douchebag without pause. The morale of the story is start talking about loot before hand so some of us don't have break out the riding crop and spank a jerk...Mmmkay?

why bother playing mmorpg then loads of 5 man multi players out there.

Exactly how many 5 man multi-player SW games are there out there?

Just because someone doesn't want to interact with random strangers doesn't mean they aren't interacting.

By your logic, there shouldn't be guilds period in any game, because they just lead to people not pugging.

Exactly how many 5 man multi-player SW games are there out there?

Just because someone doesn't want to interact with random strangers doesn't mean they aren't interacting.

By your logic, there shouldn't be guilds period in any game, because they just lead to people not pugging.

ok and some of us want interaction and not exclude meeting new people because of some bad apples.

The whole people needing for companions has a very very simple fix. Simply restrict gear dropped in Flashpoints and Heroics to player characters only. Done deal.

Instead it would appear that BW gets off on people bickering while grouped. Or when wanting a group too for that matter, considering they won't add a LFD tool, so people sit around spamming for groups, get bored and frustrated, and start arguing in chat pretty much just for something to do while they wait.

Do Flaspoints and Heroics with guildmates? Fixed.
Yes because most players are in a guild where there are exactly enough players at their level to always fill groups for Flashpoints and Heroics. :rolleyes: Edited by Umbral

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.