Patch Massively Broke Decorations!

UlaVii

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fuming on this one. SO many decorations are reverted to odd angles. I have 10 strongholds decorated (hundred+ hours decorating) and spent dozens of hours decorating our guildship and Rishi stronghold.

Fix this, Bioware.

Edited by ZeridanShear

It looks like they reverted to the way they'd look when you first put them in, before you turn them, etc

Edit : I'm glad my cantina counter is a virtual one, or I wouldn't be walking properly for a few days. (The edge is now right at the door as I walk in ....lol

Edited by DarkTergon

You can "fix" this bug by editing the positioning of each decoration twice, click left, then right and the decorations will be adjusted to its original position, annoying and time-consuming but at least you don't need to readjust every single decoration from scratch.

Same for me. Two servers, each with 6 decorated Strongholds -- almost 3,000 decorations per server placed in Strongholds, switched to default positions after hours of placing them just so. I'm not at all happy right now.

Fix this.

Edited by Nmyownworld

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

The team is tracking this issue now. To confirm it is decoration orientation that is displaying incorrectly. The value is saved but adjusting it only temporarily fixes the issue. We are looking into what's causing the issue and how best to address it. I'll provide more details as I have them.

-eric

Yeah, all decos have returned to default positions on the hooks, as in the position they're in when you first put them down. Clicking the decos, adjusting any positioning, then selecting "reset changes" seems to return them to how you had them positioned, but as was pointed out, when you exit the SH and return, they just reset to the defaults again.

This is no effing bueno, Bioware. There better be a patch pronto, like tonight or tomorrow at the latest to fix this mess. Many of us have put hundreds of hours, billions of credits, and tens of thousands of CCs into decorating our SHs. I have several at 100% completion that are now just huge messes that I can do nothing with. We need to see a fix for this ASAP.

Edit: Saw that you got a reply in just before mine, Eric, so thanks for jumping on this so quick. Hope you guys can get us a fix out soon.

Edited by DarthPrimus

I'm fuming on this one. SO many decorations are reverted to odd angles. I have 10 strongholds decorated (hundred+ hours decorating) and spent dozens of hours decorating our guildship and Rishi stronghold.

Fix this, Bioware.

I saw this thread and checked mine and NOW I AM PISSED OFF! This is primarily because I'm pretty sure they won't find a way to fix the issue. What they will do is apply a fix so that newly placed decorations stay put. We will have to spend days fixing our numerous decorated strongholds. For me there is very little left in this game to do other than decorate strongholds and re-run class stories. As if the new decoration preview window wasn't crappy enough (decorations are much smaller in previews now) this happens :mad:

How is it that they break something big every single update? There was a PTS ffs! Now I have to close my strongholds from the public until they are sorted because they look terrible.

EDITED TO ADD: Strongholds cannot be locked now!! :mad: arggggggggggggggggggggg

Edited by Sarova

Not only Decoration r broken, please check the Invasion Tab. It shows totally nonsense. Also several missions like on Ossus using the geonosian serum are buggy, by having 1hour cooldown on the using the required questitem each time activated.

Now I have to close my strongholds from the public until they are sorted because they look terrible.

EDITED TO ADD: Strongholds cannot be locked now!! :mad: arggggggggggggggggggggg

I checked my Strongholds after seeing your post, and they are as I left them -- not on Public Listing. I didn't try to put my SHs on Public Listing because I don't want my post-patch messed up SHs possibly being stuck open to visitors.

All the decos have reset to their default positions on their hooks. This will take hours and hours of tedious realignment to fix.

Fix this.

EDIT: I put all the decos in one room back where they should be, then I logged off and exited the game. Logged back in, and things are randomly reset on their hooks again. This is real mess, *********** fix it!

Edited by Dael_Adaon

• Dev Post
All the decos have reset to their default positions on their hooks. This will take hours and hours of tedious realignment to fix.

Fix this.

As a note, you do not need to redecorate your Strongholds. The information on your decoration placement is stored properly and once we fix the issue, will return your Stronghold to its correctly decorated state.

-eric

As a note, you do not need to redecorate your Strongholds. The information on your decoration placement is stored properly and once we fix the issue, will return your Stronghold to its correctly decorated state.

-eric

Great to hear! I'm sure this will put many minds at ease :)

-eric

I decorated my guild stronghold, went in to a different area, and hit the reset room, everything was removed, hours of work gone, yet when i contacted CS, I was told nothing can be done. So how can your error be fixed and not the other issue? Edited by DarkTergon

I decorated my guild stronghold, went in to a different area, and hit the reset room, everything was removed, hours of work gone, yet when i contacted CS, I was told nothing can be done. So how can your error be fixed and not the other issue?

From the sounds of things, it is a display issue - they still have the information about where all our decorations are, but that info isn't being translated into what we see. If everything was picked up, though, all the information would be gone.

I decorated my guild stronghold, went in to a different area, and hit the reset room, everything was removed, hours of work gone, yet when i contacted CS, I was told nothing can be done. So how can your error be fixed and not the other issue?

Apparently the data on current room decorations is there, but there is an error in displaying it. When you reset the room, you deleted the data on the room decorations. That's the difference.

Hey folks,

The team is tracking this issue now. To confirm it is decoration orientation that is displaying incorrectly. The value is saved but adjusting it only temporarily fixes the issue. We are looking into what's causing the issue and how best to address it. I'll provide more details as I have them.

-eric

What happened to fixing ranged companion AI? Thats been borked a ridiculous amount of time