Patch Massively Broke Decorations!

UlaVii

Great that this was fixed so quickly.

I have deliberately not logged in since I saw this issue, as I log all my toons out in my SH, and if I saw my SH messed up I'd not be happy.

But the question remains why did this happen in the first place.

As far as I can see there was no notification of any changes to SH systems in the last patch notes (there was a change to ONE decoration), so why the hell was SH so dramatically impacted?

Please, please tell me you didn't need to change a whole SH subsystem just to fix a positioning error on ONE decoration.

All The Best

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Eric,

thank you for the fast fix.

I still have a lot of problems with my decorations.

First most of them are in the right place again!

Here are my problems:

If I want to see my decorations for example on Tatooine (outdoors), I need to stand right in front of them.

If I want to see my ship on Nar Shadaa it's impossible, because I can't get near enough to the platform.

The Makeb Canopy is broken, it still shows in the wrong direction and it's too low now (it looks like someone cut off a piece of the main pole)

Server: Tulak Hord (German)

Thank you for fixing this mess. I was ready to strangle you for it. I too would like to know how this was messed up so badly since I didn't see anything you added to the strongholds for this to be such a big horrible mess.

It wasn't really "so badly". Just a display bug where the values didn't get correctly loaded at first so things would be rendered in their default position - the correct numbers were still there on the server, and updating a deco/hook (by nudging it) would snap it back into place.

Considering that half of the update was them completely overhauling the entire system that decos and basically every dynamic thing in the game are built on? I'm amazed this is all that broke. Disappointed that it broke, for sure (and quite a bit angrier when I first found out) - but pleasantly surprised that nothing else did.

Hi Eric,

thank you for the fast fix.

I still have a lot of problems with my decorations.

First most of them are in the right place again!

Here are my problems:

If I want to see my decorations for example on Tatooine (outdoors), I need to stand right in front of them.

If I want to see my ship on Nar Shadaa it's impossible, because I can't get near enough to the platform.

The Makeb Canopy is broken, it still shows in the wrong direction and it's too low now (it looks like someone cut off a piece of the main pole)

Server: Tulak Hord (German)

Indeed. Seems the Decos now despawn behind you at about 40-50 meters, and respawn once you get closer. Very, very bad for the larger SHs, and very disorienting. Makes me wonder just how badly the code was damaged.

The patch fixed a lot with exception to my Yavin SH. My Yavin SH outside decos are no longer visible unless you are literally on top of them. Even if you go up to the front door you can't see them on the roof. From a distance it just looks like I have nothing up there. That wasn't how it used to be before. I have giant statues too like Naga Sadow for example. All of them used to be seen and now the only way to see them is to go to the top of the SH. Also flag banners don't show up from ground level either. You also have to be on the roof tops. The large courtyard decorations appear like they are "loading" in as you approach them. So far anything inside doesn't have this problem.

The "pop in" range for Decos is stupidly low now.

I used to be able to stand on top of one the towers in Yavin and see everything I had placed within L-O-S.

Now I can barely stuff at the bottom of the tower.

Come on Bioware - this simply isn't good enough. Stop going to Cantinas to ask sycophants how good your game is (when you clearly know it isn't, or you wouldn't need to ask) and actually make it good.

All The Best

The appearance modification station decided it did not want to be part of the fix. All of mine in all strongholds are the wrong way round and show 180° in the interface when it should show the zero value. After they are corrected to their correct orientation, on completion of use they throw you into the wall. Clearly it was pissed off with all the recent deco shenanigans and is refusing to comply!