Gathering Feedback

EricMusco

Please help Twinks. Make Conquest more enjoyable for Twinks. Make PVP Conquest better for Twinks. A PVP Weekly Need to be for all Twinks. You know when People Play more Twinks they Play more your Game. The enjoy more your Game. And they spend more Money in SWTOR! :rolleyes:

Playing Twinks is a big Content in this game! More than in any other MMO. And you make playing Twinks harder for your Playerbase --> Slot locked Modifications.

I agree with much of your sentiment, but not sure what a twink is? Help twinks?

You mean lowbie alts maybe? Twinks usually are strongly geared lowbie alts on MMOs but this game doesn't really have twink gears available.

Edited by Lhancelot

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with much of your sentiment, but not sure what a twink is? Help twinks?

You mean lowbie alts maybe? Twinks usually are strongly geared lowbie alts on MMOs but this game doesn't really have twink gears available.

Sorry^^

Twinks = Alts.

Help playing Alts. You know BW makes since 5.0 harder to Play and harder Gear up Alts since 5.10. :(

Sorry for my bad english :o

Edited by Manjaca

Sorry^^

Twinks = Alts.

Help playing Alts. You know BW makes since 5.0 harder to Play and harder Gear up Alts since 5.10. :(

Sorry for my bad english :o

Yes I am fully aware of how alts get punished. My number one issue with many of their changes is how alts are punished in conquest and in gearing.

I wish they made gearing easier between alts, for instance all implants, earpieces, all gear drops ought to be legacy bound so you can easily move them to any alt instead of getting so many duplicates that are useless, or pieces that cannot be used by the alt the item dropped for.

SWTOR went from being a game that encouraged you to play any alt anytime to having to choose one character to focus on while your other characters either are used to gear the one up or even worse just never get played.

Having to use your alts as tools to gear up a "main toon" instead of playing them in the game when you want and easily gearing them made me stop logging in many of my alts.

It's not fun using my other characters as parts of a treadmill to gear one toon. This removes a lot of the fun from logging in when it becomes mechanical and a chore.

I ended up only logging in 2-3 toons when I last played, when in past years I would play 8-10 characters at least.

In short, the gear grinds only discouraged me from playing.

P.S. Your english is fine, I just thought it was funny to use the word twink for alts, lol it reminded me of EQ1 and EQ2 when we had twinks.

FYI Musco, this is an active conversation: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=961472&page=2

People are raising concerns/issues and you're replying to them. Remarkable how simple it is, really.

So my assumption is that feedback on feedback isn't a priority and that this thread was created for pure lip service, and that issues we have with gearing is something you are totally unwilling to discuss, probably due to my aforementioned manipulation of data.

Edited by KendraP

FYI Musco, this is an active conversation: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=961472&page=2

People are raising concerns/issues and you're replying to them. Remarkable how simple it is, really.

So my assumption is that feedback on feedback isn't a priority and that this thread was created for pure lip service, and that issues we have with gearing is something you are totally unwilling to discuss, probably due to my aforementioned manipulation of data.

This is going to sound like a compliment to Eric, but it is pretty backhanded. To a large extent, and to his credit for being honest, he has narrowed the scope of the discussion on gearing beyond his request for our thoughts on unassembled components. More broadly, though, he didn't mince words:

I do want to state though that there are no large systemic plans changed for 252 / 258. This doesn't mean we may not make minor tweaks but there are no plans to overhaul how gearing works in tier 5. The reason is the team really wants to focus efforts on the future to ensure that when we get to revamping itemization, it is the best it can be.

Point being -- they have all but admitted this is just a stop-gap placeholder to give us something to do.

The broader problem for me is the PR spin nature of Eric's second sentence. There is no logical connection between the two. For example, they could make MWS legacy bound now to ease the grind. And, since it is clear now the 252 / 258 gearing system is just a placeholder. Who cares? They could also increase the drop rates of 252 gear and MWS in T4 crates. In so doing, they could at least try to make GC relevant again. I don't see either of those changes taking an inordinate amount of development time.

As for getting itemization right to be the best it can be, the skeptic in me believes they know perfectly well what the new gearing system is going to look like. After all, they have already begun implementing those changes such as item slot--locking and the role of Galactic Command.

This is a long-winded way of saying that Eric, et al, will be able to respond to some of the more micro-related issues such as specific exploits and bugs.

But I have little confidence that they are remotely interested in what we think about the larger, more macro-related issues such as Conquest and Gearing. Eric in a different thread said "big changes" are coming to gearing. He presumably had a basis for that statement beyond "we think 5.6 sucks eggs" and are going to start with a blank slate with ideas on gearing.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

This is going to sound like a compliment to Eric, but it is pretty backhanded. To a large extent, and to his credit for being honest, he has narrowed the scope of the discussion on gearing beyond his request for our thoughts on unassembled components. More broadly, though, he didn't mince words:

Of course it's backhanded. That was completely intentional. I guess i need to state sarcasm every time I use it.

Point being -- they have all but admitted this is just a stop-gap placeholder to give us something to do.

Who needed a new gear grind? Kanneg's raid team? I for one was perfectly happy with the state of gear in 5.9.

The broader problem for me is the PR spin nature of Eric's second sentence. There is no logical connection between the two. For example, they could make MWS legacy bound now to ease the grind. And, since it is clear now the 252 / 258 gearing system is just a placeholder. Who cares? They could also increase the drop rates of 252 gear and MWS in T4 crates. In so doing, they could at least try to make GC relevant again. I don't see either of those changes taking an inordinate amount of development time.

Here's my logic path:

Oh we need to get people to do ossus

Oh we can't rely on it being simply pleasurable to do

Oh lets add something to get them to play ossus

Oh lock the gear it was completely stupid to add in the first place behind ossus

Hey! People are playing ossus, its a resounding success.

No crap, Musco.

As for getting itemization right to be the best it can be, the skeptic in me believes they know perfectly well what the new gearing system is going to look like. After all, they have already begun implementing those changes such as item slot--locking and the role of Galactic Command.

Of course they do. When was the last time they ever actually cared what we thought on gear? I remember the outcry before 5.0. I was one of the voices of dissent, and this is back when i was being nice.

This is a long-winded way of saying that Eric, et al, will be able to respond to some of the more micro-related issues such as specific exploits and bugs.

But I have little confidence that they are remotely interested in what we think about the larger, more macro-related issues such as Conquest and Gearing. Eric in a different thread said "big changes" are coming to gearing. He presumably had a basis for the statement beyond "we think 5.6 sucks eggs" and are going to start with a blank slate with ideas on gearing.

Dasty

Oh i don't think they're going to actually listen to us either. But he suddenly created a thread for feedback about feedback, so he could do the decency of popping in occasionally. But no, Musco can't even manage that (see the pun?).

I want to write more but......... I think you will not have interest in our Response. So much People bring good ideas and you make every 6 Months the same Fails. :(

It's amazing to me that someone for whom English is not a first language could state it so clearly. WELL SAID, MANJACA! :)

I kinda want this on a t-shirt: Electronic Arts: Every 6 Months The Same Fails:D

Of course it's backhanded. That was completely intentional. I guess i need to state sarcasm every time I use it.

Who needed a new gear grind? Kanneg's raid team? I for one was perfectly happy with the state of gear in 5.9.

Here's my logic path:

Oh we need to get people to do ossus

Oh we can't rely on it being simply pleasurable to do

Oh lets add something to get them to play ossus

Oh lock the gear it was completely stupid to add in the first place behind ossus

Hey! People are playing ossus, its a resounding success.

No crap, Musco.

Of course they do. When was the last time they ever actually cared what we thought on gear? I remember the outcry before 5.0. I was one of the voices of dissent, and this is back when i was being nice.

Oh i don't think they're going to actually listen to us either. But he suddenly created a thread for feedback about feedback, so he could do the decency of popping in occasionally. But no, Musco can't even manage that (see the pun?).

Like i've said before, there was no real reason to give us higher sets of gear unless Ossus was supposed to be an Expansion, because it makes know sense really to me, and it seems like i'm not the only one who thinks this.

1000 UC's is just bloody crazy, it should be 500 to me

Ossus was Not the big success story wise, i hate to burst anyone's bubble, but most people love Ossus just for being new and it has a lot of Star Wars lore in it. But most people that i have talked to that also hate the story line just tell me to Space-bar through the bad story, and i'm like...... Are you frkkin' kidding me?? Thing is Bioware counts people that don't like the story line, but Space-bar through it a monumental success, when it's not the case. they just want something new to do without the bad storry.

They also don't want all the Tier 5 gear on just 1 planet. I think a good some Veteran Flash-points should also give us crystals after doing so many as well, along with Uprisings, to make the content worth it.

Like i've said before, there was no real reason to give us higher sets of gear unless Ossus was supposed to be an Expansion, because it makes know sense really to me, and it seems like i'm not the only one who thinks this.

1000 UC's is just bloody crazy, it should be 500 to me

Ossus was Not the big success story wise, i hate to burst anyone's bubble, but most people love Ossus just for being new and it has a lot of Star Wars lore in it. But most people that i have talked to that also hate the story line just tell me to Space-bar through the bad story, and i'm like...... Are you frkkin' kidding me?? Thing is Bioware counts people that don't like the story line, but Space-bar through it a monumental success, when it's not the case. they just want something new to do without the bad storry.

They also don't want all the Tier 5 gear on just 1 planet. I think a good some Veteran Flash-points should also give us crystals after doing so many as well, along with Uprisings, to make the content worth it.

I Think Ossus Is An Example Of What Is Coming, Armor That Is Not Modable!

I Think Ossus Is An Example Of What Is Coming, Armor That Is Not Modable!

It looks that way. ^

When it is told by Eric that no significant changes are planned regarding gearing, that tells me they have a set system in mind they plan to implement and I believe locked in mods is part of that plan. They just only begun, or put another way this is just the tip of the iceberg.

I hope I am wrong. I think removing more flexibility from the player is a bad game design, especially when many people actually enjoy the tinkering of mods and gears around for personal taste.

For some crazy reason, BW keeps snipping parts off the rose that simply should be left alone. Eventually you kill the plant with too much pruning and that's how it feels to me regarding SWTOR.

As for "Gathering Feedback", I believe considering every other time BW has made the claims of "Improved Communications", They're setting themselves and the Players up for another downfall. This claim has been made so many times in the past and every time its just *Fizzled down back to the "I feel like I'm talking to myself" atmosphere common here.

BW has made so many statements sometimes Promises and later the subject fizzled, a greatly diminished product then what was offered or never happened at all; in short, a lot of downfalls. I enjoy the game for what it is but have very little faith at this stage that anything Big will come along or the *Communications will improve.

The Players know what they like, dislike and would Like to pay for, Listen to them, much better idea then some left field idea that could've just as easily been Star Trek or even "Flash Gordon" (actually Flash Gordon woulda fit better).

Gathering does not require responding.

A follow up would show he is indeed paying attention. Leaving it open ended makes it look as if he's not taking the advice and feedback at best, and at worst blowing smoke up our collective ***.

Edited by kodrac

No Yellow Post in the "gathering feedback" thread for over two weeks.

That shows just how "serious" Bioware are about "gathering feedback".

Fool me once....

All The Best

The posts are in other threads, though, in forums and on subjects that they have not been communicating on for ages. Why do they need to keep coming back to this one?

A follow up would show he is indeed paying attention. Leaving it open ended makes it look as if he's not taking the advice and feedback at best, and at worst blowing smoke up our collective ***.
There are a lot of ways to demonstrate you’re listening that don’t require responding directly to posts in this thread. Such as the increased communication we’ve been seeing lately. Edited by Karameck

No Yellow Post in the "gathering feedback" thread for over two weeks.

That shows just how "serious" Bioware are about "gathering feedback".

Fool me once....

All The Best

Pretty much this. Musco doesn't actually care to listen to feedback that's not about how incredible they're doing

Pretty much this. Musco doesn't actually care to listen to feedback that's not about how incredible they're doing

Exactly. Sure, they'll talk about 'gathering feedback' plenty, but we've seen time and time again how EA will ignore all feedback that isn't patting them on the head and 100% in line with what they already wanted to do (see the closed beta feedback on Galactic Command 1.0, all the PTS feedback about slot locked mods, forum and social media feedback about killing off romanceable companions, and so on and so on). All this talk of 'gathering feedback' is feel-good lip service aimed to keep money coming in, nothing more. EA is a corporation out to sell us a product, not our friend who wants to give us a fun time with their game. The only thing that makes EA change course is a dip in revenue (like what happened after Galactic Command 1.0), which is when they go into damage control mode.

Edited by AscendingSky

There are a lot of ways to demonstrate you’re listening that don’t require responding directly to posts in this thread. Such as the incteased communication we’ve been seeing lately.

Have you been here 7 years? Or even 2 years? Have you read this thread? This increased communication we've been seeing lately is a bi-annual thing. Which is why it'd be nice if they did something different for a change, like a follow up or acknowledgement. Musco is a master at starting threads and never posting in them again and nothing on said topic moves. It's a pacifying tactic. So unless he does something different than he's done in the past I'll assume it's just business as usual.

Edited by kodrac

Have you been here 7 years? Or even 2 years? Have you read this thread? This increased communication we've been seeing lately is a bi-annual thing. Which is why it'd be nice if they did something different for a change, like a follow up or acknowledgement. Musco is a master at starting threads and never posting in them again and nothing on said topic moves. It's a pacifying tactic. So unless he does something different than he's done in the past I'll assume it's just business as usual.

One area that has improved is the PVP section communication. Mike has been responding and interacting frequently with players there so some things have improved and continued regarding the recent communication.

I’ve been playing since launch as a matter of fact. Even have the “Founder” title. Is my opinion worth more now?

And yes, I’ve read the thread I’m responding in.

I’ve been playing since launch as a matter of fact. Even have the “Founder” title. Is my opinion worth more now?

And yes, I’ve read the thread I’m responding in.

Trying without the underlying condescension toward you anyway - the point is Musco is absent as usual, started this thread with seemingly no care to reply to it (as usual), and has pawned actually saying anything about the stuff they are willing to talk about off to other people (a new tactic). What is it you do that keeps you so busy, Musco, because its not managing swtor's community.

Meanwhile, the issues I actually care to talk to them about are ignored because apparently Ossus is a huge success in their world of manipulated data. Frankly, ranked pvp is a huge joke and will be as long as theres a low population, their events might be nice but I'm not going to be around to go to them, and fhe gearing situation is what is going to keep me from playing their game.

Their refusal to talk about it, combined with the reaction to the bugged world boss quest, shows me how much BWA appreciates my loyalty. So fine, I see how it is. Why should I hang around defending Musco for getting other people to do the little bit of his job that gets done for him?

Edited by KendraP