Gear from Artifact Lockboxes is not random!

Rouslaan

That sounds like worthwhile goals, and is obviously something you'd have fun doing. Why is that only something you are willing to do after you've geared up for nothing in particular? I don't think you stand much of a chance of convincing anyone that running on the hamster wheel for a 5% increase (at best) in efficiency running Ossus dailies warrants the soul-crushing work it currently takes as a solo player.

As others have said, the new gear tiers are filler, plain and simple. Meant to keep you nice and subscribed until after Anthem is out and they can put more content together. It's on you if you want to buy into that.

Whatever floats your boat, of course. But asking that they dial back the grind on something that is designed to be first and foremost a time sink isn't very likely to work, I think.

I wasn't asking to dial back anything. I replied to this thread cause i had similar problems with rng that OP had. To talk about rng or lack of it. I kindly answered and explained why the 252 is something i want because it was asked: reason was because it makes me stronger and kills mobs faster and that makes me feel happy. If you don't see that as a good reason to want this gear it's ok, but for me it's good reason to want it. I am not going to start arguing with anyone about what i feel makes me happy nor am i interested in what others think i "deserve" or "need", All i wanted in my reply to you was to explain why that gear matters to me. I hope this clears it a bit, sorry if i sound blunt, just trying to be more clear than last post.:)

About original subject of this thread, i think everyone here understands how rng works and doesn't really need lessons from it. I believe OP wanted to more like discuss of possibility if we actually have true rng or something that is, how would i say, "tinkered a bit"? As unlikely it is, i still find it always interesting to look into that kind of matters and share experiences on them. It is just speculating and should not been seen as some sort of tin foil hat club meeting.:o

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe OP wanted to more like discuss of possibility if we actually have true rng or something that is, how would i say, "tinkered a bit"? As unlikely it is, i still find it always interesting to look into that kind of matters and share experiences on them. It is just speculating and should not been seen as some sort of tin foil hat club meeting.:o

Random is random, but they don't give us drop rates or formulas so we'll never know if some items are weighted more than others.

Yes you can - you can get 2 crystals per week from the vendor dude, just like everyone else, with UC's (500 and 1000 UCs). I've only ever bought the 500 crystal, but you can buy 2. In fact, you can buy the crystals weekly on any toon you have, not just those who have done the story-line.

Well, thank you, I didn't think I had access to anything like that. I'll be sure to look into it. Makes me wonder how many zillion crystals I'll have to buy to get anything, I imagine it to be something like Club Z points lol.

That sounds like worthwhile goals, and is obviously something you'd have fun doing. Why is that only something you are willing to do after you've geared up for nothing in particular?

You assume I'm waiting to do decorating AFTER I've done my grind? Uh, no. Decorating is my life, it's practically ALL I do until a new story/daily area comes out...then I work on that because it's new and I work on building my reputation so I can get MORE DECORATIONS lol. When I have nothing else to do, then I re-do my homes and re-dress my toons and their companions for the umpteenth time.

I'm not asking to make anything easier, I'm asking to increase the odds of getting an upper. Either I'm supremely unlucky, or they give uppers out once in a blue moon, during an eclipse while a ring of hunchbacks softly chant to the rabbits they've sacrificed to the blood god.

It costs 500 UCs per Masterworks Crystal. If you need 2 of them for one piece of gear that's two weeks and 1000 UCs. Plus another 1500 or 2000 UCs to pay for enough crystals for the 258 upgrade. 3000 UCs in total just for one piece of 258 gear on one toon.

Considering that the weeklies in the daily areas net 2-3 crates at Tier 4 even if you're using an experience boost (Yavin 4 with a command boost for instance gives about 18000 CXP which translates to three crates; with the mission CXP you'd probably get four), and each crate has 8-9 UCs if you dissolve the gear, you're looking at about 27 - 36 UCs per weekly. Attaining enough UCs for even one character to be geared via UCs exchanged for crystals would require months and months and sending numerous alts through the weeklies every week just for enough UCs for one piece of gear.

Thus using the crystals isn't really a reasonable option for someone who isn't doing PvP or MM stuff. Saying "simply don't use the crates" is the same as saying "don't try for the gear at all." That's clearly the devs' intention, but alienating groups of players from the game by making the grind nearly impossible this way probably won't be very helpful to their business in the long run.

Not that I agree with Biowares grind feat. I most certainly don’t. But the UC path was set out for pvpers to try and atleast be able to obtain gear to play pvp against raiders who also pvp.

Trying to use the UC path any other way to gear is a pointless exercise, as you say, 27-36 UCs a week is even more of a grind fest and a working drop system and not this broken one is needs to work.

We should all know by now that this gearing chamge was made solely for the progressive raiders doing Master Mode. The only reason they even added the UC component was because pvpers complained loudly and had a ledgitmate argument based around the pvp content needing the same gear as other possible pvpers who obtained it raiding.

Obviously the easiest solution would have been to make Bolster 258, but BioWare are addicted to grind.

That doesn’t mean the gearing is easy for pvpers either because they want us to grind more much more than the raiders. Unfortunately they just don’t see regular players or story people as needing the new gear to clear content. Which I disagree with too because a lot of that comes down to individual player skill. While I might be able to clear a chapter on MM, others (my wife) struggle with veteran. She could definitely benefit from the better gear.

As a pvper, I’ve decided not to participate in this abortive grind fest. I don’t like pve all that much anymore and affer doing Ossus a few times and having just about every bug happen from boxes not actually opening to Sabres not dropping from world bosses. So I’ve just been playing pvp with my old gear and using Bolster to 252.

I have been waiting for BioWare to make changes and fix things before I’m even going to try. But by then most hardcore gear fanatics will have 258 gear and I’ll be behind the 8 ball. I guess if gear isn’t fixed in 5.10.1, then I’ll never be geared because I’ll be gone. I already had a little tantrum yesterday at the increased cheating I’m seeing back in pvp since 5.10b and the recent server back end maintenance. I’m basically over all of the problems in this game, most of which are BioWare induced.

Anyway, I’m with you and many other people here, the gearing system is bull crap. They should never have changed it from how it was after spending 2 years to make it mostly acceptable (still not good). They should have waited till 6.0 if they wanted to make gearing changes and they most definitely should NOT have done it just to add content for the 3% of people who are progressive Master Mode raiders, who by the way, Keith belongs too.

Dude, read the name of the topic - "is not random", the point is that they say it's RNG but it's not.

What's the chance to get via random same result 8 times in a row?

The question is - is it a bug, or they did it intentionally. I suspect 2nd option.

I read the name of the topic, and you are wrong. The lockboxes are RNG 100%, and this is 100% intentional. You just have terrible luck.

I advise you not to play the lottery or any other games where luck is the deciding factor whether you win or not.

Edited by Lhancelot

I read the name of the topic, and you are wrong. The lockboxes are RNG 100%, and this is 100% intentional. You just have terrible luck.

I advise you not to play the lottery or any other games where luck is the deciding factor whether you win or not.

LOL kid, you shouldn't have skipped math, a guy who got the same result in a real rng 8 times in a row definitely must play the lottery xD

and I wonder what makes you "100%" sure, in my experience only dumb ppl can be 100% sure in things that they can't prove.

all this conversation with ehm gifted kids can be funny sometimes; it's like:

- I suspect that loot from lockboxes is not random;

- dude, the best way to gear is grinding mws!

- I'm telling that it's not random, I didn't ask how to gear;

- you don't need this gear! you don't do nims!

- it's my business do I need the gear or not, read carefully I'm getting the same pieces for the last several weeks by all 8 of my toons farming Ossus;

- man, I read it, you are wrong, it's 100% random, I can't prove it but I'm 100% sure! xD

LOL kid, you shouldn't have skipped math, a guy who got the same result in a real rng 8 times in a row definitely must play the lottery xD

and I wonder what makes you "100%" sure, in my experience only dumb ppl can be 100% sure in things that they can't prove.

- it's my business do I need the gear or not, read carefully I'm getting the same pieces for the last several weeks by all 8 of my toons farming Ossus;

- man, I read it, you are wrong, it's 100% random, I can't prove it but I'm 100% sure! xD

Learn to spell before you call others "kids" and insult their level of understanding. I guess asking you to learn to understand probability calculus would be too much to ask.

Or just keep making a fool of yourself, it is at least entertaining to follow.

Edited by tahol

You suspect it's not RNG, I suspect it is RNG. Prove me wrong then?

So, I checked again, the total loot from Artifact Lockboxes so far, just want to understand the system (I play on Darth Malgus and Star Forge servers both):

DM server:

Slinger/Sniper toons got only hands from Artifact Lockbox (Upper Body) (5 pieces), or only relics from Artifact Lockbox (Lower Body) (2 pieces);

Senti/Mara toons got only implants from Artifact Lockbox (Upper Body) (5 pieces), or only boots from Artifact Lockbox (Lower Body) (3 pieces)

Sage/Sorc toons got only cuffs from Artifact Lockbox (Upper Body) (3 pieces, started those toons later);

SF server:

Senti toon got only chests from Artifact Lockbox (Upper Body) (4 pieces), or only relics from Artifact Lockbox (Lower Body) (3 pieces); it has 1 258 implant though but it came from Lockbox which was obtained not from Ossus weekly but from a Command Crate (they seems similar, may be a coincidence);

Slinger toon on SF server is the most lucky - it has 5 different 258 items obtained from Ossus weeklies, and there were only 3 same items in 8 weeks;

[disclaimer: now I must say to all advisers do not worry - I farm crystals every week too and every of those toons has 20-25 crystals as well, and about 200k of UCs in legacy banks collected in last several months, I could have "4 BiS 258 sets on my account" too like some cocky kid was bragging before, I just don't want to create 8 toons of each class and to brainlessly grind the crystals - all I want is just to play for my own fun]

So, all this is very suspicious, and it's not look like as a random; I would agree if 1-2 toons had similar items per weeks, but not all. That is why I suspected that this is either a bug or the developers have made an algorythm of this "rng" that makes ppl to spend more time for gearing. And I heard from several ppl on those servers that they had similar problems. And I tried to google and seen some ppl on reddit complaining that they had 3-4 similar items in a row. And even in this topic with very few inhabitants someone said that he had only implants/relics so far, and the other one who "had 1 character get 3 chestpieces in 3 consecutive weeks. I've had others that get 3 Accuracy implants in 3 straight weeks".

And now I'd like to ask you again - do you really think that this is a real RNG? And is there anyone else who had similar problems?

P.S.Sorry for my English, it's not my native language tbh, but I speak 3 other languages better than English.

Edited by Rouslaan

So, all this is very suspicious, and it's not look like as a random; I would agree if 1-2 toons had similar items per weeks, but not all. That is why I suspected that this is either a bug or the developers have made an algorythm of this "rng" that makes ppl to spend more time for gearing. And I heard from several ppl on those servers that they had similar problems. And I tried to google and seen some ppl on reddit complaining that they had 3-4 similar items in a row. And even in this topic with very few inhabitants someone said that he had only implants/relics so far, and the other one who "had 1 character get 3 chestpieces in 3 consecutive weeks. I've had others that get 3 Accuracy implants in 3 straight weeks".

And now I'd like to ask you again - do you really think that this is a real RNG? And is there anyone else who had similar problems?

I don't think this is real RNG, something is going on and it is suspicious because there is no way, that I am *that* unlucky that I couldn't get a single upper since 5.10 started and I've gotten mostly implant packages in the upper boxes? If I'd even gotten *one* upper, I could say, ok, I'm not lucky, but at least I'd have one, but for some people to get four or five and I can't even get *one*? It's weird, definitely. It's been what 9 weeks since 5.10 rolled out on December 11th? I run five, now six toons a week through the weekly 10 quests for the 252's and I can't get an upper? Uh huh.

Well, thanks to TUXs, I looked into what he said, and I'll just recycle the freaking implants I get...I got 2 more tonight. I'll get the upper that way. There is more than one way to skin a bantha.

Your forgetting you gain 1 crystal from doing the Ossus WB's each week, you gain a 2nd Crystal from doing the Timed weekly each week, and if you spend 500 UC's you would get a 3rd crystal each week. That is 3 MWS per week. Now if you don't have the UC's you could still purchase whatever piece you actually wanted from the vendor.

I am not forgetting anything. Those are all missions that involve grouping, and thus not an option for solo players. One more time, if you're not interested in running the game in a horde of other players, your only option is the RNG 252 box from the weekly.

And again, for a solo player to earn 500 UCs for one single crystal, at 5500 CXP per Tier 4 box and 8-9 UCs per box, you're talking about one character needing 55 Tier 4 crates to earn enough UCs for even one crystal on one character. If a solo player did the Ossus dailies and disintegrated the useless RNG piece they'd still only have 175 UCs so it would take approximately three weeks for each crystal and thus six weeks for one piece of 252 gear on one character. That's not even in the realm of realistic.

They've basically almost completely shut out story/solo players from being able to advance with gearing, and regardless about what armchair critics say about "needing" the gear, making it so completely untenable will not benefit the game in the long run.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

(snip)

We should all know by now that this gearing chamge was made solely for the progressive raiders doing Master Mode. The only reason they even added the UC component was because pvpers complained loudly and had a ledgitmate argument based around the pvp content needing the same gear as other possible pvpers who obtained it raiding.

Obviously the easiest solution would have been to make Bolster 258, but BioWare are addicted to grind.

That doesn’t mean the gearing is easy for pvpers either because they want us to grind more much more than the raiders. Unfortunately they just don’t see regular players or story people as needing the new gear to clear content. Which I disagree with too because a lot of that comes down to individual player skill. While I might be able to clear a chapter on MM, others (my wife) struggle with veteran. She could definitely benefit from the better gear.

As a pvper, I’ve decided not to participate in this abortive grind fest. I don’t like pve all that much anymore and affer doing Ossus a few times and having just about every bug happen from boxes not actually opening to Sabres not dropping from world bosses. So I’ve just been playing pvp with my old gear and using Bolster to 252.

I have been waiting for BioWare to make changes and fix things before I’m even going to try. But by then most hardcore gear fanatics will have 258 gear and I’ll be behind the 8 ball. I guess if gear isn’t fixed in 5.10.1, then I’ll never be geared because I’ll be gone. I already had a little tantrum yesterday at the increased cheating I’m seeing back in pvp since 5.10b and the recent server back end maintenance. I’m basically over all of the problems in this game, most of which are BioWare induced.

Anyway, I’m with you and many other people here, the gearing system is bull crap. They should never have changed it from how it was after spending 2 years to make it mostly acceptable (still not good). They should have waited till 6.0 if they wanted to make gearing changes and they most definitely should NOT have done it just to add content for the 3% of people who are progressive Master Mode raiders, who by the way, Keith belongs too.

Yeah, it's pretty clear they're trying to alienate and squeeze out anyone who isn't a raider and isn't interested in grouping. It's a shame because SWTOR's entire model has always been to accommodate numerous playstyles and to allow solo players to advance in the game like anyone else. Setting up so many roadblocks that solo players and PvPers are either forced into playstyles they don't care for or are blocked from progressing should have been counterintuitive, but I guess not.

As someone else said in another thread, hey, I hope there are enough people in Keith's progression guild to keep the lights on when they're done driving everyone else away.

I don't think this is real RNG, something is going on and it is suspicious because there is no way, that I am *that* unlucky that I couldn't get a single upper since 5.10 started and I've gotten mostly implant packages in the upper boxes? If I'd even gotten *one* upper, I could say, ok, I'm not lucky, but at least I'd have one, but for some people to get four or five and I can't even get *one*?

That sounds like my experience with 5.0-5.7 CXP boxes. I’m not kidding when I say I rarely got any yellow drops in that whole time (across 20 Alts) and when I did, they were Implants, ears or relics that I couldn’t swap to another Alts.

In the end I had gear using mostly UCs because the RNG gods hate me or something. It use to make me really angry when I’d come to forums to point out how bad it was and some people would tell me how they had 20 alts fully geared using RNG drops (a little bit of exaggeration on my part). But you get the idea.

I would say how bad it was and I’d have people telling me to stop complaining and how easy it is to gear. To this day I’ve only got 3 of my Alts fully geared in 248 with 236 Augments. So when BioWare announce another “new” gearing system I feel like pulling my teeth out might be more fun than sacrificing my time and soul to the RNG gods from Hell.

Ive since decided to become an RNG atheist. I no longer believe there is an RNG god. It’s all hocus pocus and hidden mirrors (tweaked settings). Until BioWare get a different god for us to sacrifice too, I will not participating in this stupid RNG system.

So there 🍸🥂🍸🍾🥃🍷🍼.... “then stumbles down the RNG rabbit hole with a wine bottle and meets the mad hatter for a cup of tea”

Yeah, it's pretty clear they're trying to alienate and squeeze out anyone who isn't a raider and isn't interested in grouping. It's a shame because SWTOR's entire model has always been to accommodate numerous playstyles and to allow solo players to advance in the game like anyone else. Setting up so many roadblocks that solo players and PvPers are either forced into playstyles they don't care for or are blocked from progressing should have been counterintuitive, but I guess not.

As someone else said in another thread, hey, I hope there are enough people in Keith's progression guild to keep the lights on when they're done driving everyone else away.

I hate to say it, but I'm feeling pretty frustrated by this as well. When WoW began to tie everything to group content I dropped out; I don't want to have the same experience here. I don't know what it takes to convince MMO designers that if a player hates PvP and/or raiding, they won't do it, no matter the incentive. You simply can't make an introvert an extrovert. And as this poster pointed out, whether or not we desperately need the gear, we still want to play for it--but for reasons other posters have articulated better than I ever could, that is becoming increasingly difficult.

Ive since decided to become an RNG atheist. I no longer believe there is an RNG god. It’s all hocus pocus and hidden mirrors (tweaked settings). Until BioWare get a different god for us to sacrifice too, I will not participating in this stupid RNG system.

So there 🍸🥂🍸🍾🥃🍷🍼.... “then stumbles down the RNG rabbit hole with a wine bottle and meets the mad hatter for a cup of tea”

I believe it. And cheers, 🍷 no more RNG for me either, I can't handle all the 'excitement.'

It's totally your fault here..

If you are doing dailies on 8 toons, you would be full 258 on one char at least, and second would be half way through....

With 8 alts and enough UC"s stacked you can get to 258 in a couple of weeks.

I am not sure where your calculation comes from, but this is all incorrect.

Assuming the Ossus dailies run for 8 full weeks now (and skipping all bugs related to obtaining MWC), if someone has 8 different toons and runs the WB Weekly on each of them, they get 1 MWC per week.

Assuming that ALL of those 8 characters also run Weekly timed mission - they would have 2 MWC/week.

So each toon has 2 MWC after 1 week. Times 8: it is 16 MWC on each toon.

There is random chance to get any 252 gear item (but as we know most of it is repetitive) at best, so assume each of those toons has 2-3 different 252 items (from Lockboxes) and they need 14 unique items.

Now: 14 gear pieces minus (max) 3 makes 11 still to obtain form vendor via MWC.

So you need about 22 MWC to (potentially) complete the 252 gear set.

Not sure HOW this is doable in those 8 weeks. And i am only talking about 252, not 258!

So where did you get that 258 on ONE toon and half of the other ?

I took me about 5 mirror class toons (Mercs and Commandos) 4 or 5 weeks (I don't remember) to get one toon decked out in full 252 with ONE 258 piece. I did mainly the 252 RNG boxes, kept a spreadsheet of who kept which skin for upgrades to 258.

Once I got to that point, full 252 with one 258...I stopped.

All that work...it wasn't fun.

Or engaging.

This is by far the worst gearing system for "solo'ing" players such as myself.

Bring the 3.0 or 4.0 crystal gearing system back please (whichever version had the black hole crystals...before I even cared about endgame gear)

Assuming the Ossus dailies run for 8 full weeks now (and skipping all bugs related to obtaining MWC), if someone has 8 different toons and runs the WB Weekly on each of them, they get 1 MWC per week.

Assuming that ALL of those 8 characters also run Weekly timed mission - they would have 2 MWC/week.

There is random chance to get any 252 gear item (but as we know most of it is repetitive) at best, so assume each of those toons has 2-3 different 252 items (from Lockboxes) and they need 14 unique items.

Not sure HOW this is doable in those 8 weeks. And i am only talking about 252, not 258!

It is easy.. if you have 40k+ UC. I geared one alt pretty fast and from 65k UC, I am still down to 59k now. Like I said.. most people don't understand how to do it. I didn't use 8 alts because I was stupid, but on 8 alts, that is 3 crystals/ alt/week. that is 8 pieces of 252 from the vendor + if you're lucky with crates and you also need to proper reputation. Reputation can be an annoying obstacle. I am doing only PVP.. so my UC income is constant.

Things slow down with 258 as some pieces cost 4 or 3 crystals crystals and you can't transfer earpieces and relics via legacy. You have to get those on the alt you are currently gearing.

On darth malgus a lot of people were full after they hit Legendary status on Ossus... and that was to be expected. So If my calcualtions are so flawed how do you think so many ppl got 258 so fast ? One simple answer: they got the gear pieces on multiple alts and they had a huge UC stack prepared before 5.10 launched.

The fact that you knew that crystals will cost 500-1000 UC and you didn't stack them up before 5.10 is not Bioware's fault/. That is a player problem.

PS: If you aren't a PVP-er you don't need 258 or 252... at all. So in that case forget about gearing and play the game.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

You can buy 2 MWC per week with UCs. You get 2 MWCs running the two weeklies, one being the WBs/Ranked, and the other being a random area of play [ 8 medals from PVP WZ/ a SM Operation/ 4 HM FPs/ GSF which never works tho, but in theory]

So you can in theory get 4 MWCs per week. That's what I do every week.

Re-calculate with 4 MWCs as you can be confident that is what most people who are dedicated to gearing each week are doing.

I still need like 5 more pieces, but I'm working with 258 acquisition.

258 I've already acquired are:

2 Relics

2 Implants

1 Earpiece

Waist

Chest

Boots

-------------------

I also have the 252 MH and OF. They can't be upgraded to 258 yet, but they will be once they patch the Hive Queen boss soon. Each of these peices alone will take a bare minimum of 2 or 3 weeks per peice if I understand the requirements correctly. I'm not actually doing it one the PTS, so my information is second hand currently on that score. [8 MWCs and than 1 of each two new crystal types that are unobtainable currently outside of the PTS.]

I only have the one toon so I'm working [obviously] only with you can acquire with that given the throttle.

Most people are cheesing the system of course, and using alts on other classes/specs and than using legacy gear to gain more peices for their mains than they would otherwise had they not cheeses the throttle so that they can have gear advantages over other players who are working within the throttle mechanism.

I personally have no issue with the gearing system currently save for the 252/258 set bonus bug and the locked enhancements. - I did prefer the pre 5.10 gearing options better than these, but a lot of people *****ed over it and asked for a change to it, in addition to the gear gaps issues people had and so they changed both of them and apparently a lot of those people who were ************ and asking for changes didn't care for how they changed them. But, they did listen and those people than want to pretend that BW didn't. Truth is, they gave them everything they asked for. The hippocrasy is real! :rolleyes:

I don't care what system for gearing these use, while I may have preferences, there isn't a place or a method for new gear that they can come up with that will be able to keep that new gear safe and out of my hands. If there is new gear to be had, I'm friggen getting it.

I <3 <3 <3 <3 Gearing. :cool:

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

You can buy 2 MWC per week with UCs. You get 2 MWCs running the two weeklies, one being the WBs/Ranked, and the other being a random area of play [ 8 medals from PVP WZ/ a SM Operation/ 4 HM FPs/ GSF which never works tho, but in theory]

So you can in theory get 4 MWCs per week. That's what I do every week.

Re-calculate with 4 MWCs as you can be confident that is what most people who are dedicated to gearing each week are doing.

I still need like 5 more pieces, but I'm working with 258 acquisition.

258 I've already acquired are:

2 Relics

2 Implants

1 Earpiece

Waist

Chest

Boots

-------------------

I also have the 252 MH and OF. They can't be upgraded to 258 yet, but they will be once they patch the Hive Queen boss soon. Each of these peices alone will take a bare minimum of 2 or 3 weeks per peice if I understand the requirements correctly. I'm not actually doing it one the PTS, so my information is second hand currently on that score. [8 MWCs and than 1 of each two new crystal types that are unobtainable currently outside of the PTS.]

I only have the one toon so I'm working [obviously] only with you can acquire with that given the throttle.

Most people are cheesing the system of course, and using alts on other classes/specs and than using legacy gear to gain more peices for their mains than they would otherwise had they not cheeses the throttle so that they can have gear advantages over other players who are working within the throttle mechanism.

I personally have no issue with the gearing system currently save for the 252/258 set bonus bug and the locked enhancements. - I did prefer the pre 5.10 gearing options better than these, but a lot of people *****ed over it and asked for a change to it, in addition to the gear gaps issues people had and so they changed both of them and apparently a lot of those people who were ************ and asking for changes didn't care for how they changed them. But, they did listen and those people than want to pretend that BW didn't. Truth is, they gave them everything they asked for. The hippocrasy is real! :rolleyes:

I don't care what system for gearing these use, while I may have preferences, there isn't a place or a method for new gear that they can come up with that will be able to keep that new gear safe and out of my hands. If there is new gear to be had, I'm friggen getting it.

I <3 <3 <3 <3 Gearing. :cool:

Finally someone gets it....

This is laughable...

The players who "need" this gear, are not the NiM raiders...they're dying to mechanics and not getting out of stupid, not gearing. The players who "need" this gear are the ones who struggle to find a rotation that they can work with. The players who can't parse 5k DPS are the ones who "need" this gear, not the 10k+ parsers. The people who need it are basically any group of people except the people who you seem to think need it.

In fact, if you think you "need" this gear as a NiM raider, perhaps you need to consider that it might not be the gear that's holding you back...

okay... so you have cleared gods nim timerun with a fully 248 equipped group?

if not please stop talking about stuff you dont know.....

Edited by Opiklo

It is easy.. if you have 40k+ UC. I geared one alt pretty fast and from 65k UC, I am still down to 59k now. Like I said.. most people don't understand how to do it. I didn't use 8 alts because I was stupid, but on 8 alts, that is 3 crystals/ alt/week. that is 8 pieces of 252 from the vendor + if you're lucky with crates and you also need to proper reputation. Reputation can be an annoying obstacle. I am doing only PVP.. so my UC income is constant.

Things slow down with 258 as some pieces cost 4 or 3 crystals crystals and you can't transfer earpieces and relics via legacy. You have to get those on the alt you are currently gearing.

On darth malgus a lot of people were full after they hit Legendary status on Ossus... and that was to be expected. So If my calcualtions are so flawed how do you think so many ppl got 258 so fast ? One simple answer: they got the gear pieces on multiple alts and they had a huge UC stack prepared before 5.10 launched.

The fact that you knew that crystals will cost 500-1000 UC and you didn't stack them up before 5.10 is not Bioware's fault/. That is a player problem.

PS: If you aren't a PVP-er you don't need 258 or 252... at all. So in that case forget about gearing and play the game.

Well, I do not have 40K + UCS. Nowhere close to it. Never had. Whatever I had used to get the 248.

I PVP ocassionally, on my main.

I have 16 chars (each different) and can play 1-2 hrs per day. Have work, kids, other things.

Yes, I know, I saw folks with full 258 already 2 weeks ago, but gosh, those people had probably NOTHING else to do except grind UCS.

Regardless of available time. i just find that method utterly nonsesical.

The gearing in 3.0 - 4.0 was much more viable.

And no, I am not even trying to get full stack of 252 or 258 - there is NO NEED for that unelss you are playing ranked PVP and have fun in it. Same for NM operations.

I have done them all on SM, some on HM and that's it for me, why bother with the same content that only takes longer on harder version?

In my previous post I was talking about a person who plays this game for fun, not as work.

Gosh, even at my job i would heavilyoppose performing such chores as this grinding is..