10730 dmg stunlock in 7 seconds, best pvp class found

gundamemo

You guys seriously impressed by a lvl 50 geared playing vs low levels and hitting hard? Every class hits hard when going against low levels with no expertice. If not they are propably tanks, still hit hard but are impossible to kill.

Don't judge classes until you are a geared lvl 50 yourself. Calling for nerfs is just stupid at this stage.

for example, heres a lvl 50 sniper vs low levels.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was a geared 50 (Gladiator rank - I assume he had matching gear) against a level 14. Booster system yay!

I've played rogue-types in the past but I'm starting to lose patience with it.

Stealth (unable to be noticed unless random aoe or scanners get you)

Stunlock.

Open with huge amount of front end damage. The opponent is in a heal deficit right off the bat. So even if they break the stun (after the knockdown), they're at a disadvantage.

If the stun wears off before the kill is achieved they can make a choice to continue the fight with a large advantage, vanish/cloak & reopen, or reset. There's no real risk for the stealther.

If adds come, simply vanish/cloak. Again no real risk while every other class has to manage a 1v2 (or more) situation.

It's a play style that's just getting old. People play it, think they're great b/c of the OP nature of it & then we get to deal with the back & forth of the forum crowd.

I know this has nothing to do with the high damage shown from the Operative but class imbalance will always be present in pvp games, so I've grown used to it. I just felt like venting.

Around level 20 or so my dirty tricks spec'd scoundrel began to get games where she would break 200k and 40 kills. (well, and 3 points into increasing vital shot damage 9% from the scrapper tree :p)

I can't think that with another 20 levels and BM gear she wouldn't be able to put those kind of numbers up OUTSIDE of stealth. Granted, I only burst people for around 1/4 of their health in 1 GCD atm, half in 2 if I'm lucky, but I soften up the entire enemy team and then finish off people at half health or lower. Also anyone I burst likely has at least shrap bomb and vital shot already ticking on them.

She keeps all but outrageous healing or stacked sorcs/sages in check. Well, and of course geared 50's.

At level 15 she felt effective, past 20 she got stupidly effective, now she's working her way into *** territory. I'd say she's easily countered except my teams seem to grasp very quickly that they should guard and heal me when I save their booties and then maintenance heal them back to full :p. (pointless with the regen ability but I get points and it really does make them protect me more, allowing me to wreck shop)

As an aside though, unless I'm heavily focused all match or on defense duty I'm at least breaking 150k and 30 kills.

Yeah, scoundrels/operatives are scary in the damage department. Only reason sorc's/sages are a bigger problem atm is because there is more of them, they are far more untouchable to lower levels even if they kill you in 12 seconds instead of 7, they are far far far more mobile, they can make any nearby teamates untouchable too and there is nothing you can do about it except hope for a level 50 in decent gear to be on your team.

Operatives can at least be swarmed :p.

Edited by CommandoPower

Its not about gear as I have the gear and have no doubt melee Operatives dish out numbers I have not seen on my Assassin EVER.

They kill players so fast its like WoW or Rift when you blow people up so fast....

BW you lied to us, 1,2,3 DEAD is well and alive in TOR.

Its not about gear as I have the gear and have no doubt melee Operatives dish out numbers I have not seen on my Assassin EVER.

They kill players so fast its like WoW or Rift when you blow people up so fast....

BW you lied to us, 1,2,3 DEAD is well and alive in TOR.

Wow and I have seen Assassins shoot so much faster than my Scoundrel could EVER

Now not saying nothing needs changes but.....

operatives are different from other classes in that they focus on primarily BURST damage.

Their energy regen is extremely low, if you don't have a droid on CD(2min) then you are most likely to get maybe 1-3 attacks at most in the next 30 seconds.

---------

Operatives do all their dmg then have to hope thats enough, because if they can't get the regen up they can't do any dmg. Unlike other classes with high regen or rage building.

Now not saying nothing needs changes but.....

operatives are different from other classes in that they focus on primarily BURST damage.

Their energy regen is extremely low, if you don't have a droid on CD(2min) then you are most likely to get maybe 1-3 attacks at most in the next 30 seconds.

---------

Operatives do all their dmg then have to hope thats enough, because if they can't get the regen up they can't do any dmg. Unlike other classes with high regen or rage building.

your argument would be logical if operative did not have the ability to simply cloak and hide until they have their alpha strike back. what made bioware think players would not take the easy way out and play a class this way baffles me.

the more i play this game, the less work i think bioware has put into it outside of voiced-over cutscenes.

Burst classes generally have cooldowns on a lot of abilities, that's what burst is., he seems to have everything available always and that build/class requies little to no skill at all. It's almost a 3 button wonder, whilst other classes have to work around 10+ situational, chanelled/casting/interuptable, low damaging abilities.

You can't say it's a burst class when it can dish out the damage at will repeatedly.

But I really expected stuff like this, I was going to play operative a year back, then friends wanted to go republic and my brother wanted to go smuggler so I made a guardian defense tank. Oh, next time I'm doing my own thing :p

Also to those who say it's not balanced for 1v1, maybe after a decade of people screaming this you'd realise that's the problem to being with. When you have random classes joining a random warzone, if one side has more classes that's better at 1v1 you suddenly have a team thats better at 8v8.

It's really not difficult to understand, balanced 1v1 scales, the opposite is a clustered messed of a game called "mostly every MMO to date". Hence why someone needs to get a clue and make it so.

Sorry to break it to you but 10k in 7 seconds is not a lot, my 50 Shadow can do this in 3 seconds, have a nice day.

and let me guess its all about your elite skill and has nothing to do with some classes haveing WAY to much damage in pvp and your gear

yes i know your gear has nothing to do with your skill on how leet you are lol

****en gimps

operatives and smugglers while nasty from stealth aren't unbeatable, the ones i've fought i've basically stomped the crap out of until they vanish from me, or they either get help to kill me, which is perfectly valid tactic.

As for operatives killing healers, in actual group vs group combat, No operative is ever going to kill a healer in pvp really fast, Not while Guard/Taunt exist, and once the operative is out in the open he's going to be turned into instant paste unless he has guard/taunt helping him out as well.

Again, you can't base your standards of calling something overpowered in PVP based on highly geared 50's eating low levels.

I can mow through a group of low lvl players with my current BH spec, and there isn't squat they can do about it.

My operative is lvl 45 and I wouldnt say they are OP. The problem is most class/specs I have came across have some sort of stun immunity making it more difficult to apply pressure. I think its not right how its perfectly viable for me to be pushed off platforms or pulled into acid pits and have 0 immunity to it what so ever yet just about everything I come across gets stun immunity of some sort

for people saying its burst.. Its not burst, there no cds here.. it constant insane high damage, with less chance of running out of "Power" then playing some other class, playing is class normally.

for those saying game is not balanced 1v1, that logic goes out the freaking window when a operative/scoundrels can stun and kill you before the stun ends, regardless of how many "buddies" you have around you, afterwhich he just vanish, and gg.

For those saying a sniper can match this damage, GET REAL Snipers can do alot of damage, but even snipers pale in comparrison.

(That does not how ever mean that I don't think theyr cover is absolute joke, The bunker!)

Also I've seen a few of these on my server that hit far harder then the guy in this vid, we have one our server that rarely crits below 5, and crits as high at 6.5k.

And lets not forget that they also have the best/most cc's in the game to with that absurd damage.

Edited by Munx

I wont make judgements anyway untill i am lvl 50 and have full gear only then would I be able to make a valid judgement on concealment operative but currently I cant hit like a truck like the dude in this video, my stuns seldom work due to immunities and I also have a problem with evasion not working, it doesnt remove dot effects or stop damage as its supposed to so when I use cloaking screen to escape im brought back out of stealth and get owned. Theres nothing OP about this spec for me as it stands

I would not agree that there OP, but we have 3 level 50 opratives atm, and there all very strong. The thing that people are forgetting is that sometimes gear scales better in quest gear than others. You may find that while (Like me) you did not worrie too much about endurance while hitting 50, so now im playing WZ's and getting hit for what seems like a ton.

The fact that i am a healers usualy means i can survive most classes 1v1 forever. and i think we will see a dramatic change is the classes as everyone gets PvP geared.

But on another note. I would like to say its nice to see a class that is melee. Dominant when played skillfully. and best of all is not an over played class.

I'd like to see stuns completely replaced with "staggers" where you can disable a player but it breaks on damage. The ability to stun kill someone is just plain stupid. CC should be used tactically and NOT to prevent someone from being able to participate in a fight in any way other than to take damage. It's ridiculous.

For people who mention tank with guard on healer... that's 2 v 1 situation.

Now the title of the thread is 10730 dmg stunlock in 7 seconds by 1 operative/scoundrel.

Would you like to compare a 2 v 2 situation? 21460 dmg in 7 seconds or more? I mean numerous poster mentioned higher crit/better gear than the guy in youtube.

Can people even begin to comprehend that they can use their same burst as ASSIST?

Nothing is balanced 1v1. Get over it. Yes, I play one. Yes, I am only level 40. Yes, it is insane damage, to one person. If there are two people we die, and fast.

A warrior can tank two people, we can't. Should we call for nerfs? The scoundrel is a burst melee class with no charge, force run, or closer of any kind except for stealth.

We are a glass cannon. There is one in every game.

This

I have a lvl 20 Sniper. Yes, it's only 20 but people still either avoid me or target me and harass me through the entire match

Ops are good out of stealth but if you get one while they're attacking someone, that someone dies but you can pound the Op to paste on the floor

For people who mention tank with guard on healer... that's 2 v 1 situation.

Now the title of the thread is 10730 dmg stunlock in 7 seconds by 1 operative/scoundrel.

Would you like to compare a 2 v 2 situation? 21460 dmg in 7 seconds or more? I mean numerous poster mentioned higher crit/better gear than the guy in youtube.

Can people even begin to comprehend that they can use their same burst as ASSIST?

Lets say that the base hp of a new level 50 is 12k... you then get maybe 17 - 18k? in full PvP gear with good mods? As we all know, burst classes hit for pittence when there burst is gone... so although they might put you down to 5k... the fight is never over. Bioware was very smart i feel in making PvP as balanced as possible.

Hey, I have an awesome idea. Lets analyze PvP balance a week after the game comes out by watching a level 50 centurion operative decked out with full PvP gear stomp lowbies with trash gear.

You're all complete morons and you severely underestimate the massive boost the top tier gear gives in PvP. I saw a 50 Powertech the other day produce 508k in a warzone while another 50 Powertech in the same warzone did about 130k.

Guess what the difference between the two Powertechs were? A suit of purple PvP gear vs trash gear. I've seen similar results on mercs and sorcs that were decked out.

(PS I'm not an operative)