The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

10730 dmg stunlock in 7 seconds, best pvp class found

gundamemo

Yeah, I kept saying this while all the non-50s whined about classes that are actually balanced at 50. Operatives and Scoundrels do way too much burst.

The people whining about their heals and CC are completely missing the point though. The problem is the burst is too high, and it's really only the burst from stealth. Bioware should nerf the initial burst damage and give them more pressure overall.

Edited by GeLopez

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good scoundrel/op should spank you in 1 v 1

Both a good and ****y scoundrel is going to stun you and hit you like a truck. Your ammount of skill does not increase/reduce your skills damage and/or the other players stun resistance.

throw in 2-3 more players and they're paper thin and easily beaten

http://tiny.cc/e5bul

They need to be in melee range to use their CCs

Well it's a good thing they can stealth.

so kite them.

I cannot i'm stunned and even if i wanted to, i'm a melee class

Edited by mastersloup

Operative/Scoundrel is your best pvp class right now. Forget sith sorcerer or trooper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ8o_WmpyyI

You can watch the whole clip of you can skip to 8:03-8:10 where he killed some poor guy WITHIN A STUN...

I had especially good time last night trying to do my daily on my 47 HEAVY ARMOUR bounty hunter (powertech) repeatedly for a period of 4 hours, facing a non too competent 50 scoundrel that repeatedly kills me (I admit it) and everyone else while suffering ZERO death.

I mean at least this guy in youtube put himself out there, but what can you do when some one camp your spawn point and killing you within 7 seconds IN A STUN.

Sure, I can trinket the stun and run away with 50% hp by putting my stun on him... but he'll just follow me after in stealth to repeat the same thing again.

Its one thing to have high burst dmg, its quite another to do it on people when they are STUNNED.

So new comer, roll an operative/scoundrel. It require no skills to win.

As a lvl 54 Assassin with buffs I HAVE EVER seen numbers as high as yours!

This would fix one of the many problem with the PvP. My solution though would be something like when your resolve bar is at 40% full, CC last 60% duration. 80% full CC last 20% full. When it's full, you are immune to CC for 10 second

10% full-> 90 % duration

20% full -> 80 % duration

30% full ->30 % duration

40% full -> 60 % duration

50% full -> 50 % duration

60% full -> 40 % duration

70% full -> 30 % duration

80% full-> 20 % duration

90% full-> 10% duration

100% full -> immune to CC for 10 second

That or do like arenanet. Make CC last not long. look at Guild wars 2. The pvp look fun and very balanced. their silence and stun last 1-2 second TOP. not some bullcrap 5-6 second. In Gw2 most attack crit for 1.5-2k when everyone has 16-24k health + a 20 second cooldown self heal so fight last more than 3 second. In guild wars 2 everyone is very mobile instead of giving everyone 50million knockback and roots pissing off the other players by screweing over their mobility.

Arenanet were right when they said pationate(spelling?) gamers make pationate/good game. No wonder they're Ranked A+ and Gw2 is the most anticipated mmo of 2009 2010 2011 and 2012. They seem to be the only gaming company who do stuff right, Both PvE and PvP. and on top of that. not only the support, balance, GM, service and gameplay, contents is better, it's also Free to play(buy to play)

This is another good solution.

So in this thread already we have 2 decent solutions to change the game in a positive way that doesn't require a Nerf to a class.

More People just need to get on board with positive changes that affect the whole game and not just a minority of the population base.

Scoundrels are pretty good. Maybe the best at 1v1. Not sure that means they need a nerf. The class as a whole is by no means OP in all facets of the game and Im comfortable with the fact that some classes are going to excel in some areas. Bounty Hunters for example are exceptional at leveling and make very good AOE tanks. Snipers have the best ranged damage burst. Hopefully every class has something they can hang there hat on.

Now, I should also point out that Bounty Hunters do have a stealth scan. Not going to help you as much in open world PVP which is like .00000000001% of the PVP taking place but in objective based games its useful.

This is another good solution.

So in this thread already we have 2 decent solutions to change the game in a positive way that doesn't require a Nerf to a class.

More People just need to get on board with positive changes that affect the whole game and not just a minority of the population base.

Except resolve is fine in most cases, and that change would just keep Scoundrels and Operatives disproportionately powerful when combining their insane burst and better CC.

The problem is Scoundrel and Operative burst damage. It is not anything else.

Several classes really have too much burst. I don't want to see 4k-7k crits in PVP. If people ever start doing competetive premades people are going to start feeling even squishier than in WoW.

Thought dieing in a smokebomb instantly was bad? Wait until 3 snipers assist train you and you die, literally, instantly.

Except resolve is fine in most cases, and that change would just keep Scoundrels and Operatives disproportionately powerful when combining their insane burst and better CC.

The problem is Scoundrel and Operative burst damage. It is not anything else.

How does a fix to CC not help the situation. If I can't hit you because you are free to move, then my burst damage doesn't account for anything.

I disagree that resolve is fine, in fact it is the most terrible CC mechanic I have played with. EvE has a great way of CCing ships as well, you slow them down or you disable there ability to lock etc.; but in no way do you completely disable a ship so they can take NO action what soever.

I stated that the Operative along with all other classes need a CC nerf. The actual mechanic that is out of balance here is the CC not the burst damage. Operatives are very easy to beat 1v1 and even easier 2v1.

Again I would rather we wait and see what the game is like in 5 months with more players at 50 than come in and have a few players cry that they lost when trying to solo in a team based warzone.

How does a fix to CC not help the situation. If I can't hit you because you are free to move, then my burst damage doesn't account for anything.

It doesn't help the situation because the problem is Scoundrels and Operatives are overpowered compared to other classes. Nerfing every class's CC — a change that would affect everyone equally — wouldn't change the fact Scoundrels and Operatives are still better than other classes.

Edited by GeLopez

Several classes really have too much burst. I don't want to see 4k-7k crits in PVP. If people ever start doing competetive premades people are going to start feeling even squishier than in WoW.

Thought dieing in a smokebomb instantly was bad? Wait until 3 snipers assist train you and you die, literally, instantly.

Snipers are ranged, while Operatives are burst damage from 4m, otherwise known as Melee.

Snipers are able to be countered. That's the great thing about this game and any other good group oriented game is that if you can't handle the situation you have teammates that can.

People wouldn't die in an assist train if healers were allowed to crit heal for half the damage DPS does as crits.

2.2k crit heals vs 5k crit attacks is pretty terrible.

The issue is:

A. 30% crit damage increase at higher level from talent

B. Another 5% base damage increase on their knockdown from talent

C. PVP gear gives another 10% damage increase when hitting anyone non-full PVP gear

On top of what, what most melee OP and Smugglers won't tell you.

While they're right about their KD activating your resolve bar, their snare when specced for, actually has a 2 sec root on which bypasses all cc immunities and has 10M range.. On top of that they have a melee stun which increases their movement speed and their slip away increases their movement speed as well.

Adding all this together, you get the highest single target burst DPS in the game with the ability to control ANY fight.. the range, when or where it happens, or when to escape and run out and heal themselves. Of course, most people will claim that this isn't a 1v1 game, acting like EVERY smuggler and melee OP runs around solo while everyone is in groups.. lol.

Simply as far as DPS goes, they're the best. As far as controlling the fights and killing people and group play, they're also the best. Add really good AoE CC and there you go. A good melee smuggler/operative at 50 is the best class in this game.

If anyone really wants to see what the class can do, http://www.youtube.com/user/Reeno23

Snipers are horrible because they rely on cast times and being grounded. LOS them.

I agree some classes are doing too much damage though. Operatives and Scoundrels are the big culprits, but Focus Jedi Guardians and Rage Sith Juggernauts are a problem as well.

It doesn't help the situation because the problem is Scoundrels and Operatives are overpowered compared to other classes. Nerfing every class's CC — a change that would affect everyone equally — wouldn't change the fact Scoundrels and Operatives are still better than other classes.

This is not true. The scoundrel is not the only one with very high damage. They just happen to not have any real set up whatsoever to do so.

Assassin can crit in the 4k range

My rage marauder crit smash for 4.2k with trinket

imp agent has high spike damage(can't tell exact number but 50% of your life can magically dissapear when one target you)

just a few exemple.

Edited by mastersloup

I'm calling BS on 8k. That's going to take champ relic, adrenal, red buff, and Marauder buff (assuming this stacks).

For Gundamemo who wanted proof, and for Pherball who wanted proof. I took this screenshot moments ago at the end of a warzone and hovered the mouse over my damage.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/bigcrit2.jpg/

8235 in a single hit (hidden strike -- if you hover your mouse over total damage done in the match it gives you metrics like DPS and biggest single hit).

Like I said, 50 Operative with multiple pieces of BM gear (rest is Champion) critting someone who wasn't. I'm on Bondar Crystal if you want to chat.

Oh -- in full BM and +surge buffs it will go higher. Just sayin'...

UPDATE -- just did a 8350 I can upload if you want ;)

Edited by jbrdude

Assassin can crit in the 4k range

My rage marauder crit smash for 4.2k with trinket

imp agent has high spike damage(can't tell exact number but 50% of your life can magically dissapear when one target you)

just a few exemple.

Assassins and Shadows can maybe hit that hard once, but that initial burst is still lower than what Operatives and Scoundrels can do and Assassins and Shadows can't follow it up with more high burst. Operatives and Scoundrels follow up that high burst with more high burst.

The Rage and Focus specs are also problematic, although Rage and Focus are way stronger as a Juggernaut or Guardian.

Imperial Agent (or Operative) is a mirror class, so that is not a good example.

Edited by GeLopez

Just so I'm clear: I beat Operatives and Scoundrels in 1V1. That is not the problem. This burst damage is a problem in group situations where Operatives and Scoundrels can effectively kill an important target, like a healer, way too fast. Edited by Qishari
quoted rude ocmments

Just so I'm clear: I beat Operatives and Scoundrels in 1V1. That is not the problem. This burst damage is a problem in group situations where Operatives and Scoundrels can effectively kill an important target, like a healer, way too fast.

Low level healers without expertise and buffs, yes. But then again, so can a maxxed Bounty Hunter, or maxxed Jedi Knight or maxxed etc.

But no, they can't do that to level 50s with buffs and with PVP gear.

I play against a similarly geared 50 Op Healer on my server -- and there ain't anyone taking him down solo :) If you want to talk about OP.. haha jk.