Enter Bioware, the company that punishes you for purchasing their game!

Brene

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just flag the OP folks - let Bioware and the mods handle the self-entitled posters.

I ordered 7/21 - I am not in as of the 2nd wave that was just sent out. Just means I'm gonna be in a bit later, that's all. No reason to grumble that you're being treated unfair considering this is 2 extra days.

Lmao a kid that can't read.

The 5$ is a deposite and is not extra that you pay for early access. Early access is free time that they give you.

Also it was stated that you *MAY* so again you failed to read something properly

Read the post smart ***.

No, you are charge 5.00 for your early access, it's not free... and it's a standard rate.

When you pre-ordered and paid your 5.00 the early access was still advertised as starting on the 15th, so no, you're not being done in since the last time I check today is the 13th so you're still getting what you "paid" for, some people are just getting a bit of a bonus with the two additional days BW added.

Just putting this out there, Bioware is the first company in MMO history to do this staggered early access system (smart companies just let everyone in... RIFT did it just fine with around 750k preorders by simply adding servers... I played for nearly 15 hours straight that day [nerd squad])

BioWare COULD be the first company with 900k-3mil pre-orders (since only boxed orders were counted and many ordered the digital edition)

BioWare COULD be the first company with the sense to stagger access so they ensure that they don't get a massive number trying to log in at once and clog servers

BioWare COULD be the first company to care about how customers experience the first days of access by trying to make things as smooth as possible

BioWare COULD be giving us up to 7 days of free early access so they can do these things without affecting our normal, paid playtime

Just saying

RIFT did it pretty seemlessly (sans server queues, which were QUICKLY alleviated by adding new servers) with well over 750k people. My server didn't go down for well over 24 hours, Biowares' already had 2 down.

Rift!?. This SWTOR, with a huge amount of preorders(physical copies) not including digital or overseas counterparts.

Read the post smart ***.

No, you are charge 5.00 for your early access, it's not free... and it's a standard rate.

My understanding it is $5.00 to pre-order and is a part of the standard $60.00 price, not an extra amount for getting Early access. Meaning if you buy the game next month in January, the game will still be $60.00. Also, if you cancel your order before the 20th even if you still played early access, you get all your money back, including the $5.00 pre-order.

BioWare COULD be the first company with 900k-3mil pre-orders (since only boxed orders were counted and many ordered the digital edition)

BioWare COULD be the first company with the sense to stagger access so they ensure that they don't get a massive number trying to log in at once and clog servers

BioWare COULD be the first company to care about how customers experience the first days of access by trying to make things as smooth as possible

BioWare COULD be giving us up to 7 days of free early access so they can do these things without affecting our normal, paid playtime

Just saying

Once again there is no official number, 900k is NOT that many in the grand scheme of things. XBL was able to handle well over 6.5 MILLION players on the first day of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

#2, see #1

#3, doubtful - they still pretty much just care about your money.

#4, once again it is not FREE access.

Though I do agree #3 would be nice.

My understanding it is $5.00 to pre-order and is a part of the standard $60.00 price, not an extra amount for getting Early access. Meaning if you buy the game next month in January, the game will still be $60.00. Also, if you cancel your order before the 20th even if you still played early access, you get all your money back, including the $5.00 pre-order.

Which is why the OP is posting massively hateful posts toward the moderators and Bioware. He is not going to be here much longer.

RIFT did it pretty seemlessly (sans server queues, which were QUICKLY alleviated by adding new servers) with well over 750k people. My server didn't go down for well over 24 hours, Biowares' already had 2 down.

3 day queue times were "seamless" to you?

Ok.

New servers didn't alleviate queue times for quite a few of the servers, just because it worked out for you doesn't mean it was the answer for everyone.

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order Fee

$5.00

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Standard Edition Pre-Order Fee

Serial Number: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

inb4 cry and ib4l

Just putting this out there, Bioware is the first company in MMO history to do this staggered early access system (smart companies just let everyone in... RIFT did it just fine with around 750k preorders by simply adding servers... I played for nearly 15 hours straight that day [nerd squad])

This is why I am GLAD they are doing this. Rift just continuously added servers, all day. Then a month later, when some people decided they didnt care for the game...those servers eventually became dead. They then had to make server transfers free to try and fix it. So please, be HAPPY they are doing this, so in a month or two when the influx of people has settled down, we wont be in the same boat. Most of us know we wont leave, but SOME will leave and I'd rather not be left with barren servers. This way they can evaluate very carefully if they need to open up new servers or not.

You know, I'm not fond of banning accounts and the like, but this OP really should get removed from the forums

There is absolutely no call for this kind of treatment. I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure this was the same person to call Stephen the worst CSA in history. Sure, he's made some bad calls, but they were just plain nasty to him