Worst mission/Chapter?

BumpBump

Dragon's Maw. Decent idea, horrible implementation. Forces you to access nodes in a specific order that pads play time with mindless corridor running; you initially demand that the mission doesn't endanger civilians, yet the direct actions in the plan immediately put them in mortal danger. Goes from goofy, unintuitive access puzzle to mindless corridor shooter. Gives me a head and/or stomach ache every time I run it.

Class (and Planet) Stories:

None, I enjoy them all to varied degrees.

I haven't run planet/exploration missions in years, I basically run Class, and if I find myself underleveled, I'll run heroics, PVP. etc. But from what I remember, I loved the original version of the final area of the Czerka/Tatooine missions (dealing with possession). I had a character I ran it with a few years ago, and I was shocked, and hated the way they butchered that final area. So much removed.

Post-Class, Pre-KOTFE:

Republic Makeb. Imperial side I at least have Cytharat, but Republic side is a nightmare...it just feels so much looooooonger than the Imperial side.

I don't mind Oricon, it's short, but it is bittersweet that I have that OPS mission sitting in my mission log and I'll probably never be able to run it.

KOTFE/KOTET:

(For the most part, from a story perspective, I kinda dig them, it's the gameplay execution)

The Kaliyo chapter, as everyone else has mentioned. It's almost like running around and the game suddenly remembers it needs to wrap it up.

The chapter running around the Zakuul palace in disguise. It's the only chapter I always need to pull up a guide. (Side note, chapters with temporary/ability companions: The Mandalorians in the Mandalorian Chapter, Skytroopers in the Scorpio Chapter, and the Beasts in this Chapter, I would maybe run the chapters again if they'd add those temporary companions as a chapter reward. Please Devs!)

The chapter choosing between Vette/Torian. (How does everyone else deal with this choice? I came up with this: I followed the way the devs mentioned the Republic/Empire choices for KOTET a while back and applied that to my newer Republic/Empire Loyal/Saboteurs. Republic/Warriors choose Vette, Minus Warrior the Empire choose Torian. So I broke that down to my Republic Loyal/Imperial Saboteurs choose Vette, Empire Loyal/Republic Saboteurs choose Torian). I just think the original base companions (especially LI) shouldn't have been played with in this way. Put Tora or someone else in there. Gault and T7, put them in there. This chapter ruins my hunters and warriors for me.

Traitor Arc:

Minus Nathema, I think Iokath/Umbara/Copero are a nightmare. Nathema is the only one I can replay. The Walkers for Iokath, the train section for Umbara, that long stretch of running from point a to point b (unless you have stealth) on Copero.

Jedi Under Siege and Current story/updates/expansion- I really enjoy the current content. I can't pick anything specific.

In no particular order.

Taris - it's back and forth and back and forth to the same relative area you just were.

Tattooine - I find it boring to have to listen to several recordings of the Czerka story repeatedly to have all my characters go through it.

Balmorra Factory, Republic and Empire versions - Everyone is there doing it. It takes a long time for the shinies to respawn so you can finish it. Be careful someone else doesn't take it before you get to it when it does respawn.

Voss Gormak section - you need to spend several minutes traversing the entire area to reach the class and planet quests. When you're done you need to spend several minutes traversing the entire area back to report in for the planet story. Then you need to spend several minutes traversing the entire area to get to the Area Boss planet quest.

Voss Republic Cleansing Cave - Where the @%^! is it? There is a trick. Do not go into the forest pathways. You'll get lost and never find it though it is technically possible to reach it from there. Instead, turn left onto the grassland so that the forest is on your right and the rock wall is on your left. Keep going and going and going. After several minutes eventually you'll catch up to the purple marker on your right in the small screen. There's an opening within the forest trees and rocks. Enter there and follow the paths to the purple marker. You will have to fight lots of monsters, but you'll find the cave easily.

Edited by Hadsil

Pretty much all chapters with walkers because I hate walkers. For mobs, it would be Kaliyo's chapter. For frustration, I'm gonna pick the Dragon's Maw one: you literally run up and down the palace to search for stuff, and you cant even "sprint" while equipping Zakuul Armor. For uselessness, it had to be the Marr/Satele one, you craft a weapon that you dont even use.

I know this is the "worst chapter/mission" thread, but only 2 chapters that I like: Chapter 1 because... team up with Marr, and the chapter where you play as Valkorion in the dream (you get the feel of being the Emperorz Force Storm with radius 1000m and Phasewalk at will XD).

All the chapters with mandatory walkers in them.

It's this. The walker segments are terrible. You spend all of this time building a unique character, learning a class, and then they take it all away for half of a chapter, in multiple chapters. They force you into this walker where you slowly walk, pick up every mob, and you have like five moves.

It's bad and not fun.

For me it's also anything with a Walker, it's just awfully slow, and somehow you feel super weak.

The only exception is the Gundam-like droid on Iokath, but seriously the walker sections should be optional, with the possibility of just going on your feet, kiling stuff the regular way.

Yavin is another everyone is doing it problem. It's a minor nuisance setting up the relays. At least it doesn't take long for the shiny to respawn. The temple is annoying. Everyone needs to kill all the various Revanites, and they take awhile to respawn. With so few overseers I find I need to do them first and fast as possible or else I'm waiting forever. The optional shiny bonus isn't a problem. They respawn relatively fast even though the enemies don't. That's the reverse on Balmorra. The shinies you care about take forever. The mobs in the way respawn fast.

Absolute worst is doing the individual quests. The shinies respawn relatively fast but not the creatures. I'm walking around doing nothing for 10 minutes waiting for the creatures to respawn, and I scream when someone beats me to them when they do.

boss does that stupid shielded thing that artificially and lamely and annoyingly prolongs the already annoying fight that could be finished in 4 seconds if they didn't pull that shield "mechanic")

I HATE that stupid mechanic. It is right there with Traitor Among The Chiss that is nothing but a slogfest on anything but a stealth class. The reason? The Inrokini Enforcers that pop a shield making them 100% immune to damage for an eternity. And they are mixed in every group of enemies.

Edited by demotivator

The two chapters I dread the most when going through KOTFE/KOTET are the Kaliyo chapter (because of the tedious gameplay) and the Visions in the Dark-chapter. I hate the Shade stalkers attacking you every two meters, the tedious boss fights and the collection quest. Plus

having to listen to Darth Marr preaching about the Force really destroyed his character for me. You can't even skip his sermon due to it being ambient dialogue. :rolleyes:

And another big minus for the ugly backpack you are forced to carry (I'm just glad it doesn't show in the cutscenes...).

Not a specific mission/story/chapter, but I'm just going to say the faction saboteur options in the recent content.

I love the idea, not the execution. It just seems tacked on with no idea what to do with each little passing piece of content. It almost feels like, "oh yeah, we introduced this, we need to keep it up...in some way." with each update.

Slighly spoiler-ish below even though I'm not mentioned specific scenarios:

I don't mind the idea of our character staying in their original faction and sabotaging them. That idea, i think it's interesting. it's just the way it's been tacked on. It doesn't seem as important or meaningful as we're told it is when these choice come up.

Edited by absolutetristan
Shouldn't be typing with a headache

I'm not as annoyed with the Walker quests as I used to be, though it is relevant to note I only play in Story Mode. They fixed Voss so that you don't die at each mob. They also lowered the number of skytrooper add-ons with the Final Boss so that as long as you avoid the Boss's kill weapon you're fine. I won't say it's fun to play, but it is manageable.

Iokath is a bother, but at least you can heal yourself. Pace yourself and try to avoid aggro. Learning the Stomp strategy against the Sentinels makes them just a nuisance to get over with.

I never had a problem with Odessen, but I do think they made the Walker part Final Boss easier. I'm barely hurt, and I kill it relatively fast. It was much harder the first three times I faced it compared to my last 5 characters about a real world year later.

They added the stun power for the mouse droid making it easier to finish. I agree it is annoying to do, and I don't look forward to it.

Edited by Hadsil

Echoes of Oblivion currently. It's stuck in this place where we couldn't skip it (yet) and are forced to go through it in order to move on with the Onslaught storyline.

I also don't like how we couldn't just attend the stupid Imp or Pub side interview/motivating speech before we're forced to repeat the Jedi Under Siege storyline. Everytime I finish a class story, skipping to Onslaught and Ossus, I pretty much give up and move onto the next unfinished class story because I got bored ten seconds into the Jedi Under Siege storyline AGAIN. I just want to hear my toon compliment "nice boots" without being forced to regurgitate your stupid and poorly written BS.

Edited by OriusPrime

Playing Rishi again, and I'm quickly reminded how annoying it is. I thought traveling on Voss is bad. When doing the Nova Blades missions you have to spend several minutes travelling all of the first two maps then half the third. When done you have to do the same thing to go back. I take the "shortcut" of Stronghold -> Ship -> Rishi. To do the second mission you travel all of the first two maps again and then 2/3s of the third map. Do the same thing to get back, but I shortcut again. They couldn't have taxis between the maps? They exist for the two islands.

Second Island is just as bad. First mission you travel the entire island west, then do the same thing to go back. For the second part you have to travel the entire island north, then do the same thing to go back.

Edited by Hadsil

Oh so many to choose from!

1. Dragon's Maw. So much pointless running around. I'm betting they put the interaction points as far away from each other as possible to drag this mission out so they could claim the chapter takes x amount of time.

2. Any and all dreamscape missions. I think they are stupid and over-used.

3. Walker missions. Slow and cumbersome. I appreciate they were trying to do some different things, but walker combat should be offered as a choice.

4. Visions in the Dark. Weak story and annoying running around. The only bright spot is finding baby pets.

• +1 for the KOTFE Kaliyo Chapter 10: "Anarchy in Paradise" - Kaliyo and endless Skytroopers? What were they thinking with that?
  • KOTFE Chapter 12: Visions in the Dark where you supposedly get additional training and a better weapon to fight Arcann. Neither of those things happen and the chapter is one big annoying fest of crap and Shade Walkers
  • KOTFE Chapter 13: Profit and Plunder - the first time it was okay because Gault made it fun but I hate Vette so loath having to repeat this chapter on alts
  • KOTET Chapter 4: Where dreams die & KOTET Chapter 5: Ascension - anything in this game that forces me to team up with Vette needs to be nuked from orbit :mad:
  • Republic side heroic: Into the Killik Warrens (Alderaan) why Lord why?
  • ALL Republic side - Makeb heroics - they were all spawned by Lucifer :mad:

5.10 Empire side story deserves a mention for it's utter bollocks-ness

Nearly 3 years ago I said the above and my rage post still stands. I will also add:

• any content involving having to use a walker
  • any content that removes the ability to stealth for the sake of making that content longer to complete
  • any content that includes me being forced to team up with / speak to Major Anri
  • Traitor Among the Chiss
  • Echoes of Oblivion might finish that story-line but it's annoying as hell to run through
  • The whole currently pointless saboteur mess - my opinion may change if this turns out to not be pointless

I can’t stand the cartel market HK mission. Not worth 1CC let alone the ridiculous amount they charge.

What about it don't you like? I'm not fond of the underwater section because it's so easy to get lost. I keep losing my sense of direction after each fight. I need to constantly check the map, but I chalk it up as part of the difficulty.