Ziost Rampage Really?

Hawkebatt

I can understand the use of more rampages on planets, but out of all the planets I doubt many who have gone to Ziost have left the quest chain incomplete. So here you make a rampage for 50 100 and 150 kills on a planet that has seven mobs two requiring quests. 2 monoliths, 4 probe droids, and 1 droid in the instance. Not to include the group monolith or the world boss.

So my question is why put a nearly useless conquest objective on the board if only a few can really benefit from it?

Edit: I have on toon that was ready to do Ziost. Four others that could start Yavin. I got my conquest but only on this toon and no others. If you have a toon that can go to living Ziost then you can summon others either via ship or inside the instance quest there.

Edited by Hawkebatt
adding information

I can understand the use of more rampages on planets, but out of all the planets I doubt many who have gone to Ziost have left the quest chain incomplete. So here you make a rampage for 50 100 and 150 kills on a planet that has seven mobs two requiring quests. 2 monoliths, 4 probe droids, and 1 droid in the instance. Not to include the group monolith or the world boss.

So my question is why put a nearly useless conquest objective on the board if only a few can really benefit from it?

Oh wow, seriously? They did that? Yeah, that was... not a well thought out decision. I don't even want to THINK about how long it would take to try to meet those numbers just killing probe droids and never looting them so you keep the quest active... *shudders* As I've done Ziost on most of my active toons, that's one set of Conquest objectives I'm SOL on achieving.

Edited by AscendingSky

Yea the most you can get if you just do the weekly is 5, 4 droids that you have to kill for a daily, another droid in the enclosed daily area so that is 5.

Of course that isn't to mention the WB and OP so max 7. So the first conquest is for 50, there is not that many on Ziost. I actually think they goofed this week............. I wonder if they haven't started drinking and celebrating a little too early. :p

Edited by casirabit

Maybe it's a hint like Nathema after Valkorian's death Ziost too will burst back to life. :p

That's actually an interesting idea! But if that's the case, they jumped the gun a little by making it a Conquest objective at this point. :)

If you're not the middle of the Ziost chapter, you've no way to access a city full of people to kill, right? All you have is the dead Ziost for the dailies?

Edit: Thankfully one of my guildies was on the ziost story and was able to summon me to the city.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Yeah, if you've completed the "story" part and are on the "dead" part of ziost....there's nowhere near enough mobs for a rampage. Even if you were the only one there.

80 something toons on this account and not one of them is still at Ziost. This is the most hairbrained conquest goal ever. I got through it but geez if my guildie hadn't been on the story I'd be seriously torked right now. 3 of us left trash toons on Ziost just to summon guildies.

As far as I can understand, last week "Conqueror of Ziost" was added to achievements. Moreover, Oricon used to be the Small Yield planet for this week, and Oricon's [WEEKLY], Oricon Dailies and Oricon Rampage used to be for conquest.

Now that Ziost has replaced Oricon, you could have changed the [WEEKLY] and/or the Dailies to Ziost, and leave the rampage for Oricon, because unless somebody summons you, or you happen to be directly on the quest, people who haven't started or already finished Ziost cannot do this rampage.

Please, consider rectifying this objective.

I chose to interpret Ziost Rampage as a Dad Joke. It helps lower the blood pressure.

That's wise...because it's such a stupid rampage goal that to think they actually did it by accident, would mean they're completely incompetent and unaware of their own game and the games story. It HAD to be a joke...there's nobody at Bioware who could have possibly been this naive.

This is, without a doubt, the most stupid Conquest objective in the history of SWTOR Conquest. Unless you have completed SoR, you cannot go to Ziost at all, and if you have completed the story arc the planet is dead, so you are forced to kill one probe at a time, and the handful of minor monoliths on the planet to the toon of 300 kills to complete the three rampages. I don't know which Dev was smoking crack at the time this got approved, but they need to go to rehab before being allowed to handle anything having to do with Conquest in the future.