Upcoming Maintenance and Fixes

EricMusco

Not an excuse for them: EA Revenue: $5.150 billion USD (2018)

Be safe

Well, we don't diasgree here but it doesn't change anything for Bioware if they get only minimum of money from their EA headquarter, which is obvious imho. Or they do just outstanding shi... and unprecise work, but I guess it's being hopelessly understaffed and underfinanced and all what comes with it including lack of motivation.

Edited by Khaleg

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

We will not be pushing the patch tomorrow. There are still a few issues we are working through and so we would like to take another day. I will provide updates tomorrow, but we are now aiming for Thursday. More details to come.

-eric

I have no problem with that as long as you remember to improve the scrap gear system. It would only be 1-2 points to increase the probability of boxing. And add more crystals to the quests. Finished. ;)

I have no problem with that as long as you remember to improve the scrap gear system. It would only be 1-2 points to increase the probability of boxing. And add more crystals to the quests. Finished. ;)

Yeah making those damn crystals bound by legacy for example :w_mad:

Well, we don't diasgree here but it doesn't change anything for Bioware if they get only minimum of money from their EA headquarter, which is obvious imho. Or they do just outstanding shi... and unprecise work, but I guess it's being hopelessly understaffed and underfinanced and all what comes with it including lack of motivation.

I see your point but its still no excuse for a lack of funding.

I worked for nearly 20 years for a UK based company which was part of one of the biggest company's in the world (way bigger than EA) based in the US.

To fight for a decent budget you had to prove you had a decent business model and a future.

Even though we were (are) a well known brand in the UK I bet most people in the USA never knew we existed, we were just a small name on a massive spread sheet incorporating thousands of company's world wide.

The point is we proved we had something customers wanted, we proved we were a success and an industry leader, we got a lot of funding, pretty much everything we asked for and that was down to those at the top of our organisation making themselves heard.

A lack of funding, staff/resources only says one thing to me, EA don't care as BW either do not have a long term business strategy or have failed to convince them that they have a product that will continue to grow.

Having played this game for many years and seen the lack of a transparent road map (to quote you Yanks!) it is clear to me that this platform will only continue as a glorified internet shop that is happy to just tick over with micro transactions.

I'm still here to be proved wrong.

Be safe

Hey folks,

We will not be pushing the patch tomorrow. There are still a few issues we are working through and so we would like to take another day. I will provide updates tomorrow, but we are now aiming for Thursday. More details to come.

-eric

What are the chances of getting Paxton a day early?

how about you guys also change rampage back to what it was this ressting off the count is horrible nobody wants to farm 300 trash mobs on an planet and while were at it why is there even an ziost rampage there is nothing on that death planet beside doing story and you cant replay that story do the devs even check whats on the planet before making it an conquest obective

Ok, that changes it. :-) Well, chapter 9 should be done by accepting the Ossus mission, so we can assume here's another bug for the looooong list Bioware has provided with 5.10, despite a Test server and whatnot else.

That's why you're not getting the alert. You accepted the Ossus mission before finishing chapter 9. It skipped the flag/marker. Whether that's a bug or not I don't know. It could be as intended because you skipped KOTET. If you got them back via the terminal those are indeed bugged. People that brought back Koth, SCORPIO, Senya etc using the terminal can not summon them.

Pretty sure you didn’t understand my post or didn’t read it properly.

I understand how the set bonus system works. I’m talking about the actual mods and enhancements being locked to specific gear slots. Ie head enchantment is only usuable in a head slot. This is not how it’s been for last 5 or more years (and I can’t ever remember it being locked before that either)

Main hand barrels and hilts are usually swapable with off hand. The same as being able to put any Armor piece into an off hand focus or shield.

That is what I’m asking Musco to check and tell us what is happening.

Yes, but you had mentioned barrels and hilts too, why is why I said what I said. I didn't misunderstand. As for being able to swap a Main hand Barrel/Hilt into a an off-hand or vice versa, I've been playing since launch and I have never been able to do that on end game gear... I've wasted a lot of money forgetting that you can't, especially back when the Main Hand wasn't sold on the vendor and could only be obtained via drop. I'd buy two off-hand lightsabers then try to put it in the Main Hand lightsaber and... it wouldn't. But yes, mods and enhancements should NOT be piece locked.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

Hey folks,

We are clear for tomorrow! I will have maintenance messaging up in a bit along with the patch notes. Thanks!

-eric

Good to hear Eric! Thanks for the work this week.

I hope you and everyone at Bioware enjoy the Holiday break! Outstanding work on Ossus...very impressive, and unexpectedly good, addition to the game.

I accept your bet :rak_03:

This is the full list of changes coming in 5.10a:

• It is no longer possible for characters to be left with no Main Story Mission after completing “Inflection Point”.
  • “Flesh and Steel” will now track kill progress for the entire Operations group on R8-X8 and Kil’Cik as intended.
  • Characters who reunite with Dark Side Jaesa will no longer have her Influence set to 1. Dark Side Jaesa will once again accept your Companion Gifts.
  • Characters who acquired Dark Side Jaesa prior to 5.10a have had her Influence rating restored to their pre-5.10 values.
  • Characters who reunite with Light Side Jaesa on Ossus will no longer receive the Dark Side Jaesa Alliance Alert.
  • The lightsabers equipped to Darth Malgus and Tau Idair along with the Blaster Rifle equipped to Major Anri are now Bind on Pickup as intended (were Bind on Equip).
  • The [Weekly] Masterwork Data Crystal is now available on all days of the week, not just Tuesday.
  • The Guild Perk “Professional Training” now grants a 5% critical rate for Crew Skills as intended.
  • Players will no longer see odd and in some cases blocking behavior, such as doors improperly locking, in Flashpoint and Operation encounters.

Just to reiterate, we know there are some other remaining issues following 5.10. We will continue to address those issues in future updates. Stay tuned for more info on those as we get into 2019.

-eric

So nothing in here to fix the set bonuses not scaling with 252 Armor or anything about mods and enhancments being slot locked.

How hard would it have been to fix these before you take off for 4 weeks. This means you won’t fix them till February at the earliest.

Basically anyone who gets set bonus 252/258 gear won’t be able to wear it for 5-6 weeks or until they can get a whole 6 pieces of 252 gear because they will lose their set bonus if they wear it with lower gear.

That’s ontop of the already horrendous grind to get those pieces,

Tell me Eric, why on earth would anyone bother grinding your stupid gear system if they can’t wear the crap when they get it?

I’m out, good luck when the rest of your players realise this and also leave. You may not have a job to come back to.

So nothing in here to fix the set bonuses not scaling with 252 Armor or anything about mods and enhancments being slot locked.

How hard would it have been to fix these before you take off for 4 weeks. This means you won’t fix them till February at the earliest.

Basically anyone who gets set bonus 252/258 gear won’t be able to wear it for 5-6 weeks or until they can get a whole 6 pieces of 252 gear because they will lose their set bonus if they wear it with lower gear.

That’s ontop of the already horrendous grind to get those pieces,

Tell me Eric, why on earth would anyone bother grinding your stupid gear system if they can’t wear the crap when they get it?

I’m out, good luck when the rest of your players realise this and also leave. You may not have a job to come back to.

Don't listen to this Eric, enjoy your break and if necessary fix it when you guys return.

There is no hurry, it is only those that want to RUSH through all content get all the best stuff before everyone else that are impacted by this, I don't even have a full set of the last BiS gear so I don't care how long it takes them to get it.

Don't listen to this Eric, enjoy your break and if necessary fix it when you guys return.

There is no hurry, it is only those that want to RUSH through all content get all the best stuff before everyone else that are impacted by this, I don't even have a full set of the last BiS gear so I don't care how long it takes them to get it.

LoL, another white knight that thinks Bioware can do no wrong. No waonder the game is in such a poor state and populations continue to decline,

Mark my words, by the time they come back there will be half the amount of people playing as there are now.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

LoL, another white knight that thinks Bioware can do no wrong. No waonder the game is in such a poor state and populations continue to decline,

Mark my words, by the time they come back there will be half the amount of people playing as there are now.

Rushers (who will quit in a couple of months like locusts) and PvP'ers that are impossible to please anyway

No loss.

Rushers (who will quit in a couple of months like locusts) and PvP'ers that are impossible to please anyway

No loss.

Have fun playing by yourself in 8 weeks.

Oh, and in case you are one of those people who says they only play by themselves, look at it this way.

The loss of pvpers you hold in such disdain will likely reduce Biowares income because 99% of us are subs and not freeloading pve people who unsub and go F2P till they get new content.

Bioware have admitted themselves that the pvp population is the most steady sub base in the whole game.

But that’s ok as far as your concerned, who needs pvpers anyway to pay subs so you can play the game for free when you don’t get new content.

Have fun playing a game with less income = less content = less people paying subs = less income = less content = less people. If you are smart you will see how that will end, with the game closing down. Then where will you be?

Before you go writing off our concerns or parts of the population leaving, try looking at the big picture and not jyour own little world inside the game. If you cared for the health of the game, you would care that people will leave over this.

Yes, but you had mentioned barrels and hilts too, why is why I said what I said. I didn't misunderstand. As for being able to swap a Main hand Barrel/Hilt into a an off-hand or vice versa, I've been playing since launch and I have never been able to do that on end game gear... I've wasted a lot of money forgetting that you can't, especially back when the Main Hand wasn't sold on the vendor and could only be obtained via drop. I'd buy two off-hand lightsabers then try to put it in the Main Hand lightsaber and... it wouldn't. But yes, mods and enhancements should NOT be piece locked.

As long as I play (Feb 2016) you could always swap main and off hand barrel/hilts.