Upcoming Maintenance and Fixes

EricMusco

There's having time off for the holidays--which is totally fair and EA employees definitely deserve, 100% behind that--and then there's dropping broken content that bugs out huge chunks of the game on players right before going on 6 weeks of 'holiday break'--which is what they routinely do. Remember their initial completely kriffed up version of CXP and Command Crates? They dropped that right before the holidays too, then didn't start working on fixing any of it until the following February. And people wonder why sub numbers keep tanking.

If some of you can't see this, you deserve your frustration. The broken record play again, and again. Stop your whining and your complaining. They know what's wrong. They'll fix what they want, when they want. They don't need your beta test. They didn't listen before, and they're not listening now. Oh well, you'll still post your bugs. I have too.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• It is no longer possible for characters to be left with no Main Story Mission after completing “Inflection Point”.

Does this mean being stuck with an un-abandonable mission in the log again? Because you finally just fixed one of those, don't give people a new one. Just make sure the missions can be acquired from the appropriate NPCs at will.

Edited by Pscyon

What is being done about characters where all their class companions plus treek and ship droid are unavailable following Ossus opening mission - I have three characters in this situation, without their normal questing/crafting companions and companions reputations set to 10 when they were previously 50 - if this is not being addressed as part of the bug fixes, am I going to have to issue tickets for each of my characters, in order to be able to actually play the game

If I take each and every one of my characters through Ossus, will it result in having the same bug repeat itself with them too?

Yes please, I'm getting close to recording that story and I don't want to miss that part, it's important, thank you

I'm also recording my IA playthrough and i'd really like if this could be fixed before i get to that point :)

Something about the twin Kiras when on Uphrades would be nice too as no amount of esc the convo changes anything in that scene.

Oh and the twin Therons near the end of Ziost as well, i love Theron, but one is enough :D

Edited by Goreshaga

Hey folks,

Quick update on the status of our next patch. There are some key issues that were introduced in 5.10 that we want to address next week. The current plan is to have a patch no earlier than next Tuesday, Dec 18th. Look for a post on Monday with a status update on timing.

Here are the issues we are tentatively looking to fix (standard disclaimer that this is still subject to change):

• It is no longer possible for characters to be left with no Main Story Mission after completing “Inflection Point”.
  • “Flesh and Steel” will now track kill progress for the entire Operations group on R8-X8 and Kil’Cik as intended.
  • Characters who reunite with Dark Side Jaesa will no longer have her Influence set to 1. Dark Side Jaesa will once again accept your Companion Gifts.
  • Characters who acquired Dark Side Jaesa prior to 5.10a have had her Influence rating restored to their pre-5.10 values.
  • Characters who reunite with Light Side Jaesa on Ossus will no longer receive the Dark Side Jaesa Alliance Alert.
  • The lightsabers equipped to Darth Malgus and Tau Idair are now Bind on Pickup as intended (previously Bind on Equip)
  • The [Weekly] Masterwork Data Crystal is now available on all days of the week, not just Tuesday.

This is not a comprehensive list of all of the bugs that we intend to fix following the release of 5.10. We will likely have more bug fixes in January and February. This is just to clear some of the more major/blocking issues.

Thanks everyone! Look for more details on Monday.

-eric

YOU FORgot to fix npc which must give additional quest for masterwork crystal!!!!the quest which can be done either by killing bosses or gaining points in teamranked! Come on!

Hey folks,

Quick update on the status of our next patch. There are some key issues that were introduced in 5.10 that we want to address next week. The current plan is to have a patch no earlier than next Tuesday, Dec 18th. Look for a post on Monday with a status update on timing.

Here are the issues we are tentatively looking to fix (standard disclaimer that this is still subject to change):

• “Flesh and Steel” will now track kill progress for the entire Operations group on R8-X8 and Kil’Cik as intended.
  • Characters who reunite with Dark Side Jaesa will no longer have her Influence set to 1. Dark Side Jaesa will once again accept your Companion Gifts.
  • Characters who acquired Dark Side Jaesa prior to 5.10a have had her Influence rating restored to their pre-5.10 values.
  • Characters who reunite with Light Side Jaesa on Ossus will no longer receive the Dark Side Jaesa Alliance Alert.
  • The lightsabers equipped to Darth Malgus and Tau Idair are now Bind on Pickup as intended (previously Bind on Equip)
  • The [Weekly] Masterwork Data Crystal is now available on all days of the week, not just Tuesday.

This is not a comprehensive list of all of the bugs that we intend to fix following the release of 5.10. We will likely have more bug fixes in January and February. This is just to clear some of the more major/blocking issues.

-eric

What about this problem http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=957360&page=2 ????????

Also hoping the Koth being missing on Imperial's and Malcom being dead for my Imp's who sided with the Republic will get fixed. I wouldn't mind getting Quinn back asap for my Warrior's either as he disappeared from their summonable list when I started Ossus on them and as such his disappearance and inability to be resummoned from the Odessan terminal has utterly bricked the character I used him with. :mad:

Hey folks,

-eric

While you are at it - change Jaesa's armor in that reunion cut scene. We don't want to watch a bald Jaesa talk.

Fix Malgus issue of not healing at all when we are fighting.

Insert Nadia's combat dialog instead of making her mute.

And fix all the stronghold bugs that happened after 5.10 launched. There are a lot of posts in the bug forums on this.

Edited by Swingkittie

Hey folks,

-eric

Not one mention of fixing the many companion bugs? Kataret has made an excellent list of them that really should be acknowledged. I just picked up the 5.10 quest and immediately lost Quinn as a companion. I won't and I don't think many others will tolerate waiting until February to have their love interests returned and/or being summonable. My LS Warriors use Quinn as their main companion and all have Quinn at level 50 influence. I use him as the healer for our small group stuff. I know the devs pretty much hate Quinn but breaking him like this is unacceptable.

Edited by Sarova

Fix Malgus issue of not healing at all when we are fighting.

Oh yeah, noticed that too. I had to keep healing myself and him, but I'm a Merc so it wasn't that bad. Now my other Imp characters that have no healing, like my Sniper, that will be bad.

I have a feeling everyone at Bioware already left for vacation, so I wouldn't expect anything fixed until they come back sometime in January. Happy Holidays!

Edited by Banthabreeder

Hey folks,

-eric

You know if you want till Jan Feb to fix the problem with the terrible gearing system (ie can’t match set bonus gear with older sets, can’t move mods or enhancements to other slots), you won’t have any players left when you come back.

Anyway have a good holiday while we struggle to work out if it’s worth hanging around. It’s not like all this feed back wasn’t already given to you on the PTS, but you guys chose to ignore it.

Well most people have time off during Christmas and New Year, why can't the devs?

Then they shouldn’t drop these broken patches and or expansions in December and expect people to deal with it for 4-8 weeks till they fix it.

It would be better is they did it at the beginning of Novemeber and then have 4 -6 weeks to fix it before they go on holidays.

Oh yeah, noticed that too. I had to keep healing myself and him, but I'm a Merc so it wasn't that bad. Now my other Imp characters that have no healing, like my Sniper, that will be bad.

I have a feeling everyone at Bioware already left for vacation, so I wouldn't expect anything fixed until they come back sometime in January. Happy Holidays!

im pretty sure its intended. first time i see that they did that. but its totaly reasonable that THE juggernaut role model in the game doesnt start to put out these fluffy green friendly looking heal skills. even in heal spec he puts out ridiculous amounts of damage and has one ability which kinda extracts the energy of enemies to heal you both. and boy, does that skill heal. pretty long cooldown, but it healed me for about 60% in full 248 with one strike. i like that they came up with this.

Edited by mrphstar

No offence, but if I can do it easily on my Mara which has no self healing (only class in the game), then every other class should be fine, especially a sniper (which are basically tanks these days).

Quote: Originally Posted by JakRoanin View Post
Well most people have time off during Christmas and New Year, why can't the devs?

No, most work between the holidays.

Besides, they have another week ..You could also listen to the players on the PTS server. So do not feel sorry for me.

No offence, but if I can do it easily on my Mara which has no self healing (only class in the game), then every other class should be fine, especially a sniper (which are basically tanks these days).

None of the Jedi Knight or Sith Warrior advanced classes can self-heal, not just Maras. :) But I honestly thought Malgus was set to DPS stance, not healing at all.,and I just let him go and kill things, and he was very good at it. We did fine with my Juggernaut.