Upcoming Maintenance and Fixes

EricMusco

You are wrong there. Juggs have a heal to full if they take damage. It’s not every hard to make sure you take damage to trigger that.

I main Juggs, and have since I started playing. And I've played in Immortal, Rage and Vengeance specs. No they don't. They have a few "endure pain" type skills that let them take less damage but they absolutely cannot "heal to full" if they are hurt.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I main Juggs, and have since I started playing. And I've played in Immortal, Rage and Vengeance specs. No they don't. They have a few "endure pain" type skills that let them take less damage but they absolutely cannot "heal to full" if they are hurt.

I’m sorry but I pvp with my Jugg and use it constantly. The more some fool hits me when I pop ED, the higher and faster my health goes up. Most of the time I have full health again by the time it runs out.

Maybe it’s how and when you are using it that it doesn’t heal you as much as a pvper.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I’m sorry but I pvp with my Jugg and use it constantly. The more some fool hits me when I pop ED, the higher and faster my health goes up. Most of the time I have full health again by the time it runs out.

Maybe it’s how and when you are using it that it doesn’t heal you as much as a pvper.

That's not a "self heal" the way the other classes have, where they can douse themselves with kolto and dark heals. It's more of a self-defense mechanism. You can get a little bump from Heroic Moments or Unity too, but I don't consider that as the toon being able to heal themselves. And your'e right that it might not function the same way in PvE, but there, JKs and SWs are the only two classes that cannot heal themselves or others.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

That's not a "self heal" the way the other classes have, where they can douse themselves with kolto and dark heals. It's more of a self-defense mechanism. You can get a little bump from Heroic Moments or Unity too, but I don't consider that as the toon being able to heal themselves. And your'e right that it might not function the same way in PvE, but there, JKs and SWs are the only two classes that cannot heal themselves or others.

Sins and PTs dont have self heals im this sense either.

True, but Sorcerors and Sages can heal, so the SI/JC classes overall do have that capability.

Mercs, sages, and opers are healing capable classes, so duh they have self heals. In the case of sages in particular their survivability hinges on healing himself.

PT/jugg/sin are tanking capable classes so all have guard and taunt.

Mara and sniper are the 2 "pure" dps classes.

The only classes with heals in the sense you describe are the healing capable classes.

Edited by KendraP

"Self Heals" is really a matter of personal definition. Me personally any ability that can be used to heal yourself and only yourself is a "Self Heal" as far as I am concerned.

So the Juggernaut's ability "Enraged Defense" says:

"Empowers you with 12 charges of Enraged Defense, lasting up to 15 seconds. Whenever you take damage a charge of Enraged Defense is consumed to heal you for <<1>>. This ability can be used while stunned or otherwise controlled but cannot be used while above 70% health."

So as far as my point of view, it's a self heal. :D

The team is actively investigating this right now. If it is working that way it is definitely not intended. I will pass on details as I have them.

-eric

Thanks for the update Eric. I know you are just the guy who has to communicate the bs and inaccurate work/etc. others perform, and make it look not soooo bad to the playerbase and public, but it is bad and very unprofessional

This bug was reported by me on the PTS, and by far not only by me. Along with the stick to slot bug for mods/enhancements.

You have almost no working bug tracking and fixing processes on your live servers, years long standing bugs are one proof of it, but how is it not even possible to get these standard mechanism/working proceesses to work regarding an upcoming update/release while running a dedicated test server just for this purpose?

You know, the customer who spends (and obviously wastes) time on the PTS feels like an idiot when you now seem to be surprised by bugs that are long known and were reported on the test server by countless people. This release is so filled with bugs, unbelievable.

Bugs regarding the new content (Steel and Blood enounter and whatnot else) and old content (several companions gone, either totally from the contact list, not summonable via the alliance HQ terminal, under "unknows whereabouts", etc. - that includes C2N2, Nadia Grell, Qzen Fess and a few more), bugs in old OPs, the list goes on - I should make notes because I can't even remember all bugs I discovered by now.

How is this acceptable to release a beta (basically only to get it out for xmas business) and hope that it works somehow good enough to be able to disappear into the holidays for almost 2 months like every year? And you make this mistake really every year. I think it's not acceptable, love for the game as a whole aside.

Well, you know I'm straight forward and mercilessly honest from our email conversations but my intent is good, it's just that you have to improve your basic working processes inside your company because it appears to be totally unprofessional. The reason might be that you are hopelessly understaffed and underfinanced, not able to hire enough or good enough developers/etc. (or not motivated enough ones due to low payment) but that needs to be addressed. I work in IT and you know what, people working unprecise like that get fired in all other companies.

I don't think you can run a 24/7 online business like that...it's not a food cart at the next street corner - it's a f... online game that is live 24/7.

kind regards

Edited by Khaleg

Please add companion pathing to the list of bugs.

Companions will not engage in combat or heal if they are not in range of the mob/player when you direct it to engage.

It will just stand there.

That is funny, I had this happen yesterday in a NS H2 (the lab animals one) where Shae didn't move at all and did nothing standing around in the tube while I was engaging the opponents - and I thought this was just a coincidende and temporary incident. Another bug, wow.

Edited by Khaleg

Hahahahaha !

Even the new cartel market pack was buuug !

When you buy it you don't receive the good one ^^

Bioware i'm asking a refund on that point !!

Just for the fun, looking the Rules Of Conduct

Do anything that interferes with the ability of other Service users to enjoy playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and using the Service in accordance with its rules, or that materially increases the expense or difficulty of EA in maintaining the Service for the enjoyment of all its users.

I think this rules apply for anybody no ?

So, i'm asking refund for :

=> 1 Cartel Market Buy and Bug

=> 1 Week of game totally bug so i can't play "and using the Service in accordance with its rules"

Edited by MacrosTheDark

I am getting pissed at this ****. Every 2 weeks or so I get a message that says "This application has encountered an unspecified error. Please try this patch again."

I HAVE TRIED THIS MANY TIMES. MANY. AND IT USUALLY WORKS.

IT HAPPENED AGAIN TONIGHT, AND THIS TIME I UNINSTALLED THE GAME. ONLY NOW IT WILL NOT DOWNLOAD AT ALL. I AM SO SICK OF THIS **** HAPPENING. pLEASE FIX THIS. pLEASE. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The current plan is to have a patch no earlier than next Tuesday, Dec 18th. Look for a post on Monday with a status update on timing.

-eric

Anyone else wondering where that post is cause i've looked and did not see it anywhere and there is no notice of a downtime for today either.....

I'm out the door if they dont fix ops and bugs today. cba to pay for a broken game when i can play it for free... i'd rather use my money on something else instead then.

Edited by Esron

Anyone else wondering where that post is cause i've looked and did not see it anywhere and there is no notice of a downtime for today either.....

I'm out the door if they dont fix ops and bugs today. cba to pay for a broken game when i can play it for free... i'd rather use my money on something else instead then.

Bioware staff has left the building. They're all on vacation and not due back till mid January. Enjoy your tasty bugs till then. (Admit it, you knew they were gonna dart for the door after releasing 5.10 with zero intentions of fixing anything till they get back. It's the Bioware way.)

Bioware staff has left the building. They're all on vacation and not due back till mid January. Enjoy your tasty bugs till then. (Admit it, you knew they were gonna dart for the door after releasing 5.10 with zero intentions of fixing anything till they get back. It's the Bioware way.)

Yeah dont know what i was thinking...

Just stopped my sub after reading this cause you are absolutely right.....

Yeah dont know what i was thinking...

Just stopped my sub after reading this cause you are absolutely right.....

What's a shame is they have done this in the past and apparently either didn't learn their lesson or didn't get criticised enough to ensure they don't do it again. If there is no patch/fix today, Tuesday 18, there sure as heck won't be one next Tuesday, duh Christmas. As well, the following Tuesday, gah New Years. I wouldn't count on one Tuesday Jan 8 only cause they just got back from vacation and haven't had the time to fix all the problems, so I'm guessing Tuesday, Jan 15 we might get a fix. "might" ha.

What always baffles me is how new content breaks old content that has absolutely no apparent connection to the new content.

Why would C2 suddenly leave my alliance and disappear for good? How does C2 relate to 5.10?

Why does a door in a years old OP not open anymore (or whatever the issue is)?

Why is there suddenly rubbish in a stronghold on a planet very far away from Ossus?

Why is the endless music loop (even after relogging) back in the game?

I often wondered whether the coders use different source codes to work with (e.g. everyone just gets the small portion they need for their parts) and their Github (or whatever) is a mess and sometimes a coder, maybe even an externally hired one, gets an outdated version which includes a bug that has been fixed before, but now he introduces it back to the game and no one notices it (and he doesn't even know that there ever was such a bug and of course assumes that he got a bug-free code).

What always baffles me is how new content breaks old content that has absolutely no apparent connection to the new content.

That has to do with the very nature of coding and CAN happen/is normal (when you don't have a proper overview of what you are doing). Not normal is to not test everything thoroughly.

Edited by Khaleg

I am getting pissed at this ****. Every 2 weeks or so I get a message that says "This application has encountered an unspecified error. Please try this patch again."

I HAVE TRIED THIS MANY TIMES. MANY. AND IT USUALLY WORKS.

IT HAPPENED AGAIN TONIGHT, AND THIS TIME I UNINSTALLED THE GAME. ONLY NOW IT WILL NOT DOWNLOAD AT ALL. I AM SO SICK OF THIS **** HAPPENING. pLEASE FIX THIS. pLEASE. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Unspecified error can be caused by several things. I would review the steps in this guide here as in most cases a reinstall will not fix the issue.

If you are still having issuss, post in the tech support forum here.

This was from page 6 of this thread. It's easy to miss due to all the responses. I recommend following the dev tracker page here to not miss yellow posts.

Hey folks,

Quick update on maintenance. It is not going to happen tomorrow, we are tentatively aiming for Wednesday but it will depend on how our testing goes. In addition to the changes I highlighted in my original post we are also looking to address some of the weirdness / blockers that has appeared in encounters through FPs and Ops around the game.

I will pass on more info as I have it tomorrow. Thanks everyone.

-eric

How about Mods and Enhancements being piece bound. Surely you didn't intend this did you?

I'm betting it is intended as it was reported on the PTS and not changed on launch. Best to keep people in the dark otherwise subs might be cancelled.

Please add companion pathing to the list of bugs.

Companions will not engage in combat or heal if they are not in range of the mob/player when you direct it to engage.

It will just stand there.

This happens with all companions whilst on Ossus which is annoying. As the new content mobs hit harder than previous content I have switched my companions to heal, though I usually have them on damage or tank, even on my marauders. I'm used to keeping my own health up so it's not been that big of a problem unless I aggro two large groups of mobs then it's a quick death for me (who told me to try the H4 solo?). I've used more medpacs on Ossus than I have in the last 3 years of content!

Seriously Musco, you may as well just come out and say "we'll attempt to fix the game breaking bugs by christmas, but might not get around to it before February. May the force be with you, and keep giving us money to keep this game on life support."

Whilst this post is a bit snarky, I can't help feeling the same in relation to the companion bugs (Quinn/Koth in particular) who are no longer summonable the instant you pick up the Ossus quest. Not one mention of any of the companion bugs by Eric et al, so I'm guessing they are not going to be fixed any time soon or ever. Causing companions to removed in this way is a game breaker for me especially as the Quinn bugs that appeared during Iokath 22 months ago have never been acknowledged, let alone fixed.

Hey folks,

Quick update on maintenance. It is not going to happen tomorrow, we are tentatively aiming for Wednesday but it will depend on how our testing goes. In addition to the changes I highlighted in my original post we are also looking to address some of the weirdness / blockers that has appeared in encounters through FPs and Ops around the game.

I will pass on more info as I have it tomorrow. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Which blocker? Did I miss something? :eek: