Companion AI is broken.

Fatleaf

The companion AI is now broken for anything beyond 32 meters. Send your companion to attack something over that and they will go to 32 meters from you and just stand still doing nothing.

In a fight they will heal you but if any enemies are shooting you from beyond 32 meters they will not do any attack abilities on that enemy.

Can we have a fix please.

The companion AI is now broken for anything beyond 32 meters. Send your companion to attack something over that and they will go to 32 meters from you and just stand still doing nothing.

In a fight they will heal you but if any enemies are shooting you from beyond 32 meters they will not do any attack abilities on that enemy.

Can we have a fix please.

I noticed that today. Influence 50 T-7 just stood there while I piled into a group of mobs, and I'm thinking maybe he got nerfed or something while I'm dying and the realize he's way the heck back there and not moving. After I revived I dismissed him and retrieved him again.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Noticed this today. It seems even more noticeable if you have them on heals. I know things got a bit dicey for me on Ossus when Theron decided he wouldn't move and I had to run back to get into a closer range so he'd heal me. Definitely a problem as I like to leap into battle from afar but a ranged companion just won't follow to heal.

Noticed this today. It seems even more noticeable if you have them on heals. I know things got a bit dicey for me on Ossus when Theron decided he wouldn't move and I had to run back to get into a closer range so he'd heal me. Definitely a problem as I like to leap into battle from afar but a ranged companion just won't follow to heal.

They've had a tendency to do that for a while now, where they get stuck over ***===>>>> there healing themselves and attacking enemies near them, even though you're over <<<<===*** here but out of range of their healing. It certainly isn't new behaviour since 5.10 (except that it might be worse in 5.10). And it affects both ranged and melee companions.

Noticed this as well while doing dailies lately. Especially with healing companions it's evident, as they stop healing you. I thought it was a standard glitch or something so I didn't pay it much heed and kept the companion close. But apparently it's a larger issue.

Hope the devs will notice and fix it!

• 3 weeks later...
I noticed that today. Influence 50 T-7 just stood there while I piled into a group of mobs, and I'm thinking maybe he got nerfed or something while I'm dying and the realize he's way the heck back there and not moving. After I revived I dismissed him and retrieved him again.

Yah, my Knight and T-7 used to solo the Gree heroic, no more. Got pasted because T-7 was picking his nose the whole time.

This problem has been around for quite a while, not just since 5.10. I've sent in bug reports and tickets but as usual nothing has been fixed and it seems to have gotten worse in 5.10. Hoping it get's fixed eventually...before 6.0 would be nice.

This problem has been around for quite a while, not just since 5.10. I've sent in bug reports and tickets but as usual nothing has been fixed and it seems to have gotten worse in 5.10. Hoping it get's fixed eventually...before 6.0 would be nice.

I think they decided to give the problem to all of us for Christmas :rolleyes: I had no companion problems whatsoever until 5.10. Thanks BW :mad:

Been experiencing this as well on all classes....thought at first it was a LOS issue as I particularly noticed it when they were behind any sort of collision-type object. Started thinking it might be distance related though as it seemed more prominent using abilities to close distance e.g. leaps, holo-traverse etc.

• 4 months later...
I think they decided to give the problem to all of us for Christmas :rolleyes: I had no companion problems whatsoever until 5.10. Thanks BW :mad:

Just going in here to say that they are looking into fixing this. A lot of the companion issues are very hard to fix because of the codebase I guess. But Eric has said that this will be fixed in September at the earliest.http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9728848#edit9728848

It was said somewhere that they are looking in to it, but could be september before it's fixed. ( Edit : As previous poster says :) ) To keep the companion beside you, you just have to click pacif mode, then fight again when it's beside you. It's annoying as hell, especially with a boss or mob that pushes or pulls, but it's the only workaround at the moment :( Edited by DarkTergon