Anyone gotten 252 gear or MWS from new crates yet?

ZeridanShear

Just curious because either the drop rates are insultingly low or I'm just really unlucky. I've opened 50+ NEW T4 crates (yes, had CXP packs saved to burn just to test this and I know double CXP is coming up) and I've gotten:

0 252 Artifact 'Boxes'

0 MWS

Nope. But they said it's rare. Rare is RARE. lol

absolutly, just sharing my observations.

it is possible that i got extremely unlucky as well. would be great if we could get a larger sample size.

but i´m out. i´ve done my job farming 1000 crates pre 5.10. and got fed up after seeing the numbers. wont do any CXP farming in the near future.

Edited by mrphstar

absolutly, just sharing my obervations.

it is possible that i got extremely unlucky as well. would be great if we could get a larger sample size.

Honestly, 1000 crates isn't bad, as far as sample sizes go -- you can get a decent confidence interval out of it.

would be great if we could get a larger sample size.

LOL a larger sample size than 1000 crates? mate you have single handedley done our research for us, if that's the drop rate based on that quantity there's no chance in hell I'm carrying on my subscription.

Cheers

I had about 550 tier 4 crates saved up across 12 command 300 level 70's and picked up another 30 or so post-patch. Out of the 550 original crates I received a single 252 loot box to go along with a single grand chance cube. The new crates yielded no 252s.

The odds (about as good as the chance of getting a grand chance cube - at least for me) have killed any enthusiasm I ever had for opening command crates.

Command crates were a fun and exciting (steady and consistent) way to grind in order to gear up. The new system for getting 252s and 258s makes grinding into a RNG-face stab of a chore.

Edited by Rhesus_TOR