What's the most favorite thing about your favourite companion and the least? 📚📕

Eshvara

Yeah, she never shuts up about "Don't make me break my Jedi teachings" than she helps you slaughter 15 Jedi. But that's fine.

Β 

A lot of people have sited Jaesa's option to turn her to the Darkside has often been used as a template for what other classes could have with their companions [as approriate] Ashara is the one that people often tried to have a similar option with and they really really should have done that. It doesn't make anymore sense on one of the other, they are both force users and they are both Darksider default classes who get Lightside companions by default.

Β 

Sith Warrior was very fortunate in that regard, and even more so because they are the only class in the game that can have 2 wives! heh

Β 

Yeah, I'm not passing that up! I'm a Sithlord and I should be allowed to have as many wives as I want! MMuahaha

Β 

It's too bad that they place some restrictions on this class or that one, and make things people would have liked to have the opportunity to explore and enjoy in their own story in their own right.

Β 

Hopefully perhaps at some point they'll realize that massive untapped potential this game has in way of the companions dynamic, something is unrivaled in MMOs. It would be so easy for BW to incite more players to and back to the game to explore new romance options [old and new]. People are head of heels about Companions in this game and it would be so easy make players happy in even just that one simple way.

Β 

Who knows, maybe some day they'll realize that and do something with it. Sorry you got Ded over with Ashara's return,

Β 

To bad BW doesn't know the power of the Darkside of the Force!!! :D

Β 

Maybe Ashara is harder to break? Jaesa is powerful, but her personality didn't come off as head strong as Ashara.

Β 

The problem though, isn't that Ashara can't be broken, because some personalities aren't going to be broken, it's that people don't have the option to get rid of her from their crew, if she doesn't fit in. However, that's a problem with every class and their initial crew.

I'm not talking about liking "hot comps", I'm referring to the abusive fantasies WarriorX has going on in his head about slapping women around, using them as slaves, blah blah blah etc. I don't care that he has these fantasies as long as they stay in his head, and by putting them out there on a forum, yes, he sounds like a hormonal teenager. I'm surprised you found that so difficult to comprehend.

Β 

Comprehending and agreeing are far from being the same thing.

Maybe Ashara is harder to break? Jaesa is powerful, but her personality didn't come off as head strong as Ashara.

Β 

The problem though, isn't that Ashara can't be broken, because some personalities aren't going to be broken, it's that people don't have the option to get rid of her from their crew, if she doesn't fit in. However, that's a problem with every class and their initial crew.

Β 

That's the truest part of all the companion conversations that end up melting down. If they had made them like they did for DA:I, I think that would have satisfied almost everyone. As much as I love Ashara on my main, I would have no problem getting rid of her for any of my DS toons. As it is it's very annoying talking to her from that perspective. "Uhh, no, I never once mentioned I'm a proponent of peace and changing the Empire from within..."

I have many favorite companions: Elara, Felix, Vector, Lana, Theron, Torian, Andronikos, Vette and so forth. If I were to choose one of them, my choice would go to Elara.

She's a strong-willed woman who holds strong to the ideals of honor that the Imperial Military is supposed to upheld (but which get smacked down by the Sith). She's willing to put her life on line for others. I just love it how her harder side goes down with the Trooper that's romancing her, slowly, as she reveals her reasons to leave and how her decision may have hurt her family. She's also caring and kind person, one thing that I really like of companions in general.

Β 

Bad things about her? Honestly, since I like her so much I can't really think any bad things about her. :p Okay, one thing does stick out about her: she's very rule-abiding and strict, almost rigid. While a good thing, in both from the terms of military (she's the epithome of an officer) and law, doesn't really earn the liking of common soldiers unlesss she's on really good terms with them.

Edited by Rebamcfan

That's the truest part of all the companion conversations that end up melting down. If they had made them like they did for DA:I, I think that would have satisfied almost everyone. As much as I love Ashara on my main, I would have no problem getting rid of her for any of my DS toons. As it is it's very annoying talking to her from that perspective. "Uhh, no, I never once mentioned I'm a proponent of peace and changing the Empire from within..."

Β 

I think it would have been better to have more of the companions react in ways that reflected the way they were treated by the PC. I wish that more of the returns had been handled like Vette's. If your Sith Warrior got on well with Vette, she's really happy to see you. If your Sith Warrior mistreated her and kept her in the slave collar, she's very disappointed you're still alive and she tells you off.

I think it would have been better to have more of the companions react in ways that reflected the way they were treated by the PC. I wish that more of the returns had been handled like Vette's. If your Sith Warrior got on well with Vette, she's really happy to see you. If your Sith Warrior mistreated her and kept her in the slave collar, she's very disappointed you're still alive and she tells you off.

Β 

Does she still join you though?

Does she still join you though?

Β 

She does but she sets out some ground rules with that, ie, establishing that the SW is not her owner and will not harm her again. If the SW threatens her, she's like, "yeah, whatever." It's actually a really cool thing that they gave her the agency to tell off the SW, show that she was not afraid and that she was not going to be abused again.

Β 

She does but she sets out some ground rules with that, ie, establishing that the SW is not her owner and will not harm her again. If the SW threatens her, she's like, "yeah, whatever." It's actually a really cool thing that they gave her the agency to tell off the SW, show that she was not afraid and that she was not going to be abused again.

Β 

Β 

Ahhhh, that's awesome! I always liked Vette! :)

Ahhhh, that's awesome! I always liked Vette! :)

Β 

I do too! After Lana, she's my favorite companion in the game (whoo, I can connect this to the topic! :D). I really like how she's so dedicated to helping Twi'leks and her family and friends. And she's very sassy and smart and can develop a friendship with the Sith Warrior that seems genuine. IMHO, by the end of the class story she's one of the companions you feel has become a true friend. :) I'm glad she came back so early in KOTFE.

Β 

SW is lucky to have two comps that actually react like different people depending on how you interact with them.

SW is lucky to have two comps that actually react like different people depending on how you interact with them.

Β 

ITA. The companions in the SW story also react differently toward each other depending on the choices you've made, and it makes it feel even more like an organic, vibrant crew. You get that a little with some other stories (like Kira being angry that Scourge is present, or the dynamic with Mako and Torian) but it seems to be much more among the Sith Warrior's crew. In a few of the class stories like the smuggler, even though I really liked most of the companions, I felt like they totally ignored each other.

Β 

Β 

I love that! My SWs always take off the slave collar so I had no idea.

I like almost all of the male LIs but Theron and Torian are probably my favorites.

Β 

Positives for Theron: he's funny in a wry sort of way; his voice actor does a great job. I also love his brother/sister-like banter with Lana. ("Hold on, Minister of Paranoia.") Negatives: his hair and his mother issues.

Β 

Positives for Torian: he's intensely loyal and sweet, sort of like a Labrador puppy. Negatives: not the brightest bulb on the tree. But you know he'll never let you down!

Β 

Although I've never played a male character, I've watched my hubby complete all of the female LI romances. Kira seems very cool, but of course his favorite is DS Jaesa. :p

I do too! After Lana, she's my favorite companion in the game (whoo, I can connect this to the topic! :D). I really like how she's so dedicated to helping Twi'leks and her family and friends. And she's very sassy and smart and can develop a friendship with the Sith Warrior that seems genuine. IMHO, by the end of the class story she's one of the companions you feel has become a true friend. :) I'm glad she came back so early in KOTFE.

Β 

Glad to have you here, darling!

Β 

And I do like the relationship you get with her as well as a female. It really feels close and I enjoy that!:)

Although Arcann is not my favorite, I like him and I agree on what you like least about him.

Β 

Favorites:

Β 

Theron Shan - I like how much he has done for buikding up the alliance and to protect us and how he is bad at flirty romance lol. I dislike how weaker his content is in KOFTE, but this is later fixed.

Β 

T7 - He is just the best buddy my jedi could ever hoped for, no dislike about him, just wish he had way more screen time, specially since he is the only jedi knight companion I like.

Β 

Vette: I love the whole romance arc between her and the wrath, how you can be all evil but also be a sweetheart to her. I dislike that the collar glitches and still visually shows up every now and then.

1) Kira. Hot, funny, well written, interesting backstory and amazing VA. Doesn't need any further explanation.

Β 

2) Risha. Well developed character with a lot of backstory and one of the most fun LIs in SWTOR. The back and forth flirting between her and the smuggler is just so much fun.

Β 

3) Lana. I don't realy consider her a dark side character. Sure, she is imperial, but not a die hard imperial. Overall she is pragmatic and 100% loyal to the PC, also she is hot and in her own way a kind person. Though she needs a better sense of humor...

Β 

4) Vette. I love her humor and she makes me laugh every time i play the class story.

Β 

5) Most of the characters.

Β 

6) Last: Hmmm...i think Kaliyo. I just hate the *****. I even hate her more than Koth.

This one is a hard one for me as there are quite a few that i really enjoy and can foster feelings.

As a die hard agent fan I feel like i should start with my mains waifu Temple.

From helping to hide and developing and training I really liked her and the voice actress that was chosen for her.

Β 

Besides that Nadia from being able to bring her from the naive young girl to the strong companion and wife for the counselor. (because forget the rules my jedi comes from a proud line of sith /nods)

Β 

And while I hate her completely from every aspect I hate to admit but my favorite moment with a companion goes to Kaliyo. Shes backstabbing, tries to sell your organs, betrays the empire, and countless other crimes against you.

BUT the look she has when you finally get to shoot her. PRICELESS. :D

Β 

3) Lana. I don't realy consider her a dark side character. Sure, she is imperial, but not a die hard imperial. Overall she is pragmatic and 100% loyal to the PC, also she is hot and in her own way a kind person. Though she needs a better sense of humor...

Β 

Β 

You don't consider her a Darkside character or a die hard Imperial?

Β 

While I certainly respect your right to your opinion I would be very interested in the basis for it. [Not that there is such a thing as a 'wrong' opinion. There isn't. I just don't see her that way at all and so I'm curious.

Β 

Admittedly, she is an 'understated' Darksider, but, I can't see any possible basis to call her not a Darksider.

Β 

It's impossible to use Force Lightning or Force Choke or Force push without calling on the Darkside of the Force. It can't be manifested in any other manner. If you don't call on the Darkside of the Force, you cannot use those powers at all.

Β 

There are multiple instances of her killing people who were no threat to her survival when she killed them.

Β 

The scene right after you kill Koth and you and her are returning and walk unto the bridge where the rest of the crew is [Vette, Theron,etc] and Theron asks about Koth, Lana's response is pricelessly Darksider heh I love it, I actually frapped that scene cuz I thought it was priceless in that regard heh.

Β 

Darth Marr asked her to become the Intelligence cheif for the Empire [ just prior to The Eternal Empire storyline, in 4.x] which she accepted. Darth Marr never her would have asked her to take the job if he didn't feel she was absolutely in keeping with the Sith and the Darkside. He was still a true Sith than, before he went Traitor post death [assuming that's even him [force ghost Marr] which I don't think it is].

Β 

Understated Darksider? Yes, that I can see. Not a Darksider? No chance of that.

Β 

I'm just curious on your basis is all and I'm not trying to change your mind. I just don't see it is all and so I'm curious. =]

You don't consider her a Darkside character or a die hard Imperial?

Β 

While I certainly respect your right to your opinion I would be very interested in the basis for it. [Not that there is such a thing as a 'wrong' opinion. There isn't. I just don't see her that way at all and so I'm curious.

Β 

Admittedly, she is an 'understated' Darksider, but, I can't see any possible basis to call her not a Darksider.

Β 

It's impossible to use Force Lightning or Force Choke or Force push without calling on the Darkside of the Force. It can't be manifested in any other manner. If you don't call on the Darkside of the Force, you cannot use those powers at all.

Β 

There are multiple instances of her killing people who were no threat to her survival when she killed them.

Β 

The scene right after you kill Koth and you and her are returning and walk unto the bridge where the rest of the crew is [Vette, Theron,etc] and Theron asks about Koth, Lana's response is pricelessly Darksider heh I love it, I actually frapped that scene cuz I thought it was priceless in that regard heh.

Β 

Darth Marr asked her to become the Intelligence cheif for the Empire [ just prior to The Eternal Empire storyline, in 4.x] which she accepted. Darth Marr never her would have asked her to take the job if he didn't feel she was absolutely in keeping with the Sith and the Darkside. He was still a true Sith than, before he went Traitor post death [assuming that's even him [force ghost Marr] which I don't think it is].

Β 

Understated Darksider? Yes, that I can see. Not a Darksider? No chance of that.

Β 

I'm just curious on your basis is all and I'm not trying to change your mind. I just don't see it is all and so I'm curious. =]

Β 

Maybe i our definition of a darksider is different. Someone who dwells in unnecessary cruelty, who enjoys killing, has no inner quarrel about lying to others, not to mention the deformation from dark side corruption, is what i consider a dark side character.

Β 

1) Lanas abilities: Anakin is using force choke more than once during the clone wars, you don't have to be a dark sider to use these force abilities. All you need is anger, but you can be just fine at other times. Same goes for force lightning, just think about Galen Marek for example.

Β 

2) Her role as chief of Sith intelligence: She wasn't the chief for long and she took the role because she enjoys unraveling plots and secrets. And since she is pretty good at it and placed the empire over her loyalty / fear to / of a dark council member, Marr did the most sensible thing and made her chief of intelligence. Marr himself is quite an unusual Sith himself, he wants an empire build on strength, honor and personal integrity. After the Makeb DLC and i think even after SoR he describes his vision for the empires future. His light side tendencies (not saying he is a light side Sith!) are what enables him to team up with Satele Shan in the first place. I'ld refer him as open minded.

Β 

3) Lana is no die hard imperial. If you choose the republic post Nathema all she worries about is if the republic would let her use her methods. And if you side with the empire she even says that she never wants to return to Dromund Kaas.

Β 

4) Lana enjoys the balanced force on Odessen, even admires it.

Β 

5) Letting Theron get captured on purpose by the Revanites is hunting her for years, even during the Nathema storyline she still feels guilty. She would do it again since she believes it was necessary, but she fuils guilty over it. A dark sider would never care and a die hard imperial wouldn't care about the well being of a republic spy either.

Β 

After all that is why i see Lana as a more greyish character instead of dark side. She is pragmatic, puts the well being of the galaxy over her personal interests and her friends are very important to her. The mentioned points are also why Lana would never be able to become a Jedi either. Long things short: The Star Wars galaxy needs more Lana Benikos and less Obi Wans or Palpatines to end the continous wars. She has no dogma, doesn't believe to be always right or in the moral high ground. Some overly moral white knight who knows no flaw would consider her evil. But in the end and in a galaxy like this one Lana Beniko is propably more human and more grounded than most of the characters.