EricMusco

PTS Has no server to chose from. There is only one server and everyone goes to that server so you will not have a server to choose from.

Thank you so much, this is my first time on the PTS server side and I didn't know what to expect.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an intended change, yes. There are other changes surrounding it though you may not have yet experienced. Basically rep for Osuss looks like this:

• Individual tokens reward less than before.
  • You can more consistently get rep tokens from content, ex: the world bosses regularly drop tokens.
  • The weekly cap for Ossus reputation is higher than other reps.

This re-balance of rep is meant to allow players who play a lot to earn more rep than they could before while also removing the situation where a player ends up with tokens in their inventory they can't even use. Definitely let us know your thoughts on this change as you are playing.

-eric

you want to know if pvp players would like to farm idiotic pve to get gear they will use for pvp only? Really? Think yourself how we will like this change. One more dead game coming.

I can't stress this enough cause you made the same mistake with Iokath power shards and unassembled components as well:

MAKE RELICS OF OSSUS AND MASTERWORK DATACRYSTALS LEGACY CURRENCIES JUST LIKE COMMAND TOKENS!!!!

It's late 2018 ffs and still you introduce more alt unfriendly currencies for literally no reason. The """tech""" is there, we can all see it, just implement it for these new currencies PLEASE.

I'll second the Ossus relics currency at least. It makes no sense to introduce a new currency like this after ya'll said you learned your lesson from other daily areas (see Iokath crystals).

In the [HEROIC] Expel the Darkness, all of the markers are in incorrect spots from where the Sith Lords are actually standing. Not sure if this is intentional or not (if intentional, maybe have the spinning area indicators instead).

EDIT: VERY wacky spots lol. The last one was completely on the opposite side of the room.

Edited by ZeridanShear

In the [HEROIC] Expel the Darkness, all of the markers are in incorrect spots from where the Sith Lords are actually standing. Not sure if this is intentional or not (if intentional, maybe have the spinning area indicators instead).

EDIT: VERY wacky spots lol. The last one was completely on the opposite side of the room.

Yes, I noticed this as well. Was afraid someone had snagged them before I got there but nope; just misplaced on the map.

As others have said, [Heroic] Expel the Darkness has the markers in the wrong spots.

[Daily] Firestorm only gave me command and darkside points. No rep token.

[Heroic] Hold the Line is way overtuned on the Geonosian part. I also managed to bug my way inside the building with Force Leap. Video: https://youtu.be/1uZfPd-PvJU. I had pulled them over to the side of the building to get them to group up, got knocked back, leaped back to one near the side of the building and then clipped through it. I was able to leap back out but that sent me all the way to that pillar thing for some reason. Then I die.

As others have said, [Heroic] Expel the Darkness has the markers in the wrong spots.

[Daily] Firestorm only gave me command and darkside points. No rep token.

[Heroic] Hold the Line is way overtuned on the Geonosian part. I also managed to bug my way inside the building with Force Leap. Video: https://youtu.be/1uZfPd-PvJU. I had pulled them over to the side of the building to get them to group up, got knocked back, leaped back to one near the side of the building and then clipped through it. I was able to leap back out but that sent me all the way to that pillar thing for some reason. Then I die.

Completely agree on [HEROIC] Hold the Line. In a full 248 with a level 50 companion, I was obliterated even with heroic moment/unity. The silvers do a lot of damage, and the golds are immune to force damage (according to their buff). This heroic needs a bit of tuning. The wave just seems far too overtuned and could be manageable if it was split even in two.

Edited by ZeridanShear

Is there supposed to be an actual weekly for the dailies akin to Yavin, Ziost, etc.? Right now there's only the one for the heroics visible.

Other than maybe doing the dailies to get reputation, there's not much incentive to do them (especially after eventually maxing out on the Rep). Am I just missing the weekly for the actual dailies or does it exist?

If it does not exist, please consider adding one in. Given the number, one akin to Iokath would make sense (10 missions, large payout for the weekly).

Update:

Regarding the heroic Expel the Darkness/(and the sith equivalent). My sorceress did the one for the sith side tonight with very little problems. She is in 252 gear with 240 augments and a level 40 companion. She is lightening spec/dps so I really didn't expect much of a problem with this.

It is a very drastic change from what my Smuggler/Healer experienced last night. She died 3 times while trying to kill the boss. You may want to look at these heroics as it could be a little overtuned for certain classes.

Heroic (Supply Heist) the mobs come a little too fast but the major problem is when you die in the middle of doing this heroic the heroic tells you to kill the protectors but the protectors do not come back so either you have to reset this heroic or just abandon it. You may want to check into that.

Daily:

I got the Patrol Weekly/Daily tonight and noticed that it was working but only on specific missions. It might be advisable for those missions to be listed as Patrol or something like that so people will know which missions will complete it.

Praise:

Thank you for the decorations that drop from the mobs. That was greatly appreciated.

This is an intended change, yes. There are other changes surrounding it though you may not have yet experienced. Basically rep for Osuss looks like this:

• Individual tokens reward less than before.
  • You can more consistently get rep tokens from content, ex: the world bosses regularly drop tokens.
  • The weekly cap for Ossus reputation is higher than other reps.

This re-balance of rep is meant to allow players who play a lot to earn more rep than they could before while also removing the situation where a player ends up with tokens in their inventory they can't even use. Definitely let us know your thoughts on this change as you are playing.

-eric

My first instinct was to report post as trolling. Common, you know that is simply untrue. You just want that reputation is gained by MORE farming, since the gearing is connected to reputation. This will backfire. Anything you do that it makes it obvious is intended to support farming will backfire.

I just forgot the name of the mission cuz I suck at life; but the one in the Jedi Temple where you have to click on dirt piles or something; I was able to do 1, but clicking any after that would start to channel and either break on it's own, or would immediately auto-spawn back before I could click the urn thingies underneath. You have to collect 5 and I was only able to do 1.

Also, I wasn't able to drag any mounts to action bars. so literally had to hit p then select mount every time i wanted to go somewhere. :(

With a Sawbones Scoundrel the Heroics are impossible exceptionally with the Sith their aoe's kill me with in 3 ticks. I was using level 50 companion and 252 gear augmented 240. I couldn't get them down past half. Only dps was companion and I couldn't out heal there aoe's. The other Heroics were just as bad the elites hit way to hard and was dead in a few hits. The Elites in open world were ok except the Siths there aoe's are just as bad as the Heroic once and kill me with in 3 ticks. The rest of the Elites are ok took damage but survivable.

Have to agree with this. I have 248 gear and my healer can heal up to a point and then I have a problem. It might be a bit overtuned at the end with the last Sith Lord with the relic. And the weekly is not giving progressing. I did all the dailies and it did not give me credit for the weekly (and I did over 5)

Heroic-Dispel the Darknesss

This only shows that my Level 24 Lana Bonito its a better healer than both of you..not that theres anything overtunned in this heroics. Also my level 24 Lana Bonito as dps can kill every sith lord alone besides the last relic one because his bar its to big for her( you only have to press 2 buttons one to get her in combat and one to get her out off combat to avoid that very small aoe they do) .

Confirmed, Companions are better than the Players. Please remove Players and ad more Companions to the game BW.

Edited by FiLaBugh

Is there supposed to be an actual weekly for the dailies akin to Yavin, Ziost, etc.? Right now there's only the one for the heroics visible.

Other than maybe doing the dailies to get reputation, there's not much incentive to do them (especially after eventually maxing out on the Rep). Am I just missing the weekly for the actual dailies or does it exist?

If it does not exist, please consider adding one in. Given the number, one akin to Iokath would make sense (10 missions, large payout for the weekly).

I thought I saw a weekly in there from the board where you get the dailies. Complete 5 dailies for the weekly. I logged out of pts so don't remember the actual name of it though. Unless I misread it.

Suggestions:

1.) more jedi less droids. this is the jedi homeworld I know they haven't been there for a long while, but besides the temple and like maybe a few on the homestead not enough jedi. Maybe some elite overseers with the droids. Especially if we're going back to jedi vs sith. Too many droids gives it a monotonous feel like on copero.

2.) Geonosians? Why are they on ossus? Maybe some lore explanation codices.

3.) much more lore codices. It was a huge missed opportunity on copero. There has to be lore connecting exar kun and ulic qel droma. Also there should be a petrified tree with a clickable lore codex sign to a nod to a certain jedi Keeper of Antiquities who stood up to exar kun. As well as lore about the great jedi library. lore enriches the game. Finding all these should result in a Lore Master of Ossus legacy title.

4.) The is a secret room in the dead forest area, that looks like a private story area you can enter because it. green but i couldn't enter so it needs to be fixed.

5.) when you are killing jedi in the temple during the jedi relics mission there should be a bonus mission and a slight nod to anakin's slaying of the jedi during order 66. It's just a bit of fan service.

6.) Alliance alert to returning companions you meet on ossus doesn't seem to be working.

7.) deco drops for those awesome jedi statues?

8.) world bosses should be unique to the planet the geonosian honestly didn't look impressive. Maybe a corrupted force user something that resembles the ysanna that the original jedi there would change into over time.

Edited by Mzuta

Mzuta;9662158]Suggestions:

4.) The is a secret room in the dead forest area, that looks like a private story area you can enter because it. green but i couldn't enter so it needs to be fixed.

If that ties into the story, they did say that none of the story missions would be accessible on Ossus due to spoilers, which I think is good.

6.) Alliance alert to returning companions you meet on ossus doesn't seem to be working.

Again see above.

If that ties into the s
tory, they did say that none of the story missions would be accessible on Ossus due to spoilers, which I think is good.

Again see above.

Thought as much but i wasn't 100 certain. I did see darkside jessa's return last time before the pts server was taken down so i thought i'll post it and see what happens

Edited by Mzuta

I thought I saw a weekly in there from the board where you get the dailies. Complete 5 dailies for the weekly. I logged out of pts so don't remember the actual name of it though. Unless I misread it.

Yep there's got to be a pretty big bug or someone didn't think through. It gives 75 CXP unbuffed. For doing 5 dailies. LOL

Devs - consider making this at least equivalent to CZ-198. Otherwise, it's just not worth it at ALL.

Edited by ZeridanShear

Did the dailies and heroics so here's my feedback:

Good:

• Decorations that drop - very nice. Now please give the option to buy more than one type of stronghold so I can place them :D
  • The area is quite nice visually
  • The Empire side heroics seem to be decently balanced for my main - a Sith Lightning Sorcerer. I was expecting to be pulverised akin to when I first when to Iokath.

Not So Good

• Daily - Silencing the Guns: there is a turret that instantly respawns after death so the mission can be completed by standing on one spot. I'm sure this is not intended. Map location / Visual location
  • Daily - Front Line Support: Unable to test because you must have Major Anri with you. Seems silly to have included this in the test.
  • Where is the weekly quest?
  • I can see the dailies/rep/currency grind becoming very tedious very quickly (I left wow after 10 years because this is basically what it turned into).
  • The Ossus grind is not (as suspected) alt friendly. Yes, we might only need to do the rep once, but the grind for currency rules out alts.
    Like Mzuta I also thought there were far too many droids and not enough Jedi or colonists.

Edited by Sarova

[DAILY] Collected History

The channel after clicking the Rubble Piles gets canceled automatically when standing on top/too close to the pile. This probably happens because the pile decreases in size during the channel and moves the character.

[DAILY] Communication Blackout

• Signal jammers can be placed when there already is a jammer installed
  • One can click a signal beacon repeatedly and finish the Daily in one spot
  • Signal Beacons don't disappear when a jammer is being installed, they seem to disappear when the Daily is finished.

Other bugs

• The speeder at the Ossus farms is not working. Any destination is out of range (Jedi Temple, Landing Pad, Catacombs, Canyon Camp)
  • When walking in water (e.g. at the Jedi temple) zoom out is disabled. The camera zooms in to close distance automatically.
  • Several clipping issues, e.g. when entering the Jedi temple or on the stairs at the Catacombs

Edited by Miho

First of all, thank you for picking Ossus as a scene for the new piece of story. I have very fond memories of Tales of the Jedi comics, they’re bizarre, funny and naive but still very engaging, and I always thought of them as of in-universe heroic epos. SWTOR version of Ossus is quite enjoyable to explore; I expected it to be much smaller, and I’m glad to be wrong. Jedi Library is gorgeous.

Here’re some notes:

- I’m not sure if it’s working as intended but several quest givers don’t have a triangle above their heads. Major Belatro in the Republic compound is hard to miss since she’s staying next to the bounty board but I was wandering in circles around Imperial base looking for NPC who is supposed to give me weekly. Turned out it's a Naulotan female behind the terminal with dailies, and looks like she’s about to throw up.

- I’d like to have a terminal where I could pick all the heroics. I didn’t even find all of them (“Enkindled knowledge” on impside and “The Sacred Holocron” on pubside, maybe they're not on PTS yet). I’d gladly talk to NPCs while doing them for the first time but after that it would be nice if I could just pick them all at once.

- Please make all types of Ossus currency legacy wide.

Update:

Regarding the heroic Expel the Darkness/(and the sith equivalent). My sorceress did the one for the sith side tonight with very little problems. She is in 252 gear with 240 augments and a level 40 companion. She is lightening spec/dps so I really didn't expect much of a problem with this.

It is a very drastic change from what my Smuggler/Healer experienced last night. She died 3 times while trying to kill the boss. You may want to look at these heroics as it could be a little overtuned for certain classes.

It’s not about the classes, Imperial final boss is much easier than the Republic one. I completed Republic version on TK sage (252 gear +240 augments, with lvl 50 healing comp) without much trouble but I had to move, interrupt, use self heals etc – it isn’t insanely hard but you need be on guard all the time. On lightning sorc (248 gear + 228 augs, 30 lvl comp) I pretty much sleepwalked through it, it’s just tank and spank. Maybe the Jedi boss is missing some abilities? On the other hand, there’re lots of irritating mobs inside the Imp instance, and in Pub one you just fight 4 Sith lords.

Imp and Pub heroics where you have to fight waves of adds are also different in terms of difficulty despite having the same mechanics. "Supply heist" isn’t hard, but I have no idea how to complete "Hold the Line" solo – too many mobs, and all hit hard. I believe the intention was to make waves of bugs (like waves of droids and Jedi in Imperial heroic) but they all appear at the same time instead.

Looks like those heroics were developed by Empire lovers. :rolleyes:

I get it, there’re more missions which means you can get more rep tokens per day but completing a daily quest on Ossus doesn’t feel as rewarding as completing one, let’s say, on Yavin IV. I did about two dozens of quests today, and barely reached Outsider rank. It rather demotivates.

Edited by Ollmich

ok, I have done some dailies and heroics on Ossus last 2 days: submitted couple of bugs via in-game feat, but unsure it will reach anyone, so hereby the repeat:

Character Sith Assassin Decption, gear 248, no augs.

1. Heroic Data (or whatever) Aproppriation is just too easy. You get into the bunker, stealthed, bypass all mobs, get to the clickable object, pops the "boss" droid, you kill him in 10 seconds. the "Hypergoelic fuel" stuff is doing nothing, cos you eliminate it BEFOREHAND,

2. Heroics "Supply Heat (in Ossus Farms) is too hard. I mean beggining is easy, but then the player gets swarmed by trash mobs that are unkillable or just respawn themselves too soon. Same goes for Rep Heroic where you need to withold Imperial Raid. 2 first waves are too easy, then the 3rd one is impossible. I have done that with full 248 augmented Shadow tank with healing (or DPS) companion, still got owerwhelmed by mobs.

3. Some mountain areas clip terribly, the player has a feeling like he is underwater (even the sound suggests that) but still you are almost on the mountain top! (Imp Jedi Temple speeder and Imp area where you need to collect Datapads for daily.

4. During the Heroic (Consume the Light or something) - Jedi Temple area, the final stage with Master Shankawanka (name just made up) the healing comp was healing me from under the floor, hmmm :)

5. When you arrive to IMP speeder post in Ossus Farms, you absolutely drive through the wall, and if you leave it, as well.

6. Too few Jedi around.

7. Nice environment, but bit dead - if the restortaion efforts are going on, there should be more trees, plants, etc - remember Nathema?

Did the dailies and heroics so here's my feedback:

Good:

• Decorations that drop - very nice. Now please give the option to buy more than one type of stronghold so I can place them :D
  • The area is quite nice visually
  • The Empire side heroics seem to be decently balanced for my main - a Sith Lightning Sorcerer. I was expecting to be pulverised akin to when I first when to Iokath.

Not So Good

• Daily - Silencing the Guns: there is a turret that instantly respawns after death so the mission can be completed by standing on one spot. I'm sure this is not intended. Map location / Visual location
  • Daily - Front Line Support: Unable to test because you must have Major Anri with you. Seems silly to have included this in the test.
  • Where is the weekly quest?
  • I can see the dailies/rep/currency grind becoming very tedious very quickly (I left wow after 10 years because this is basically what it turned into).
  • The Ossus grind is not (as suspected) alt friendly. Yes, we might only need to do the rep once, but the grind for currency rules out alts.
    Like Mzuta I also thought there were far too many droids and not enough Jedi or colonists.

Hold the Line for the pubs is pretty much unsoloable and some players are unable to complete it in groups.