EricMusco

Decorations that drop? haven't had any drop thus far and I've been playing ossus for 6 hours....

Also in the reputation part of the legacy I would recommend maybe adding a few titles in there to make the grind really worth it.

In addition the rep vender on Ossus some decorations display old decorations or nothing at all when viewing them mostly some of the crystal and the statues.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decorations that drop? haven't had any drop thus far and I've been playing ossus for 6 hours....

Also in the reputation part of the legacy I would recommend maybe adding a few titles in there to make the grind really worth it.

In addition the rep vender on Ossus some decorations display old decorations or nothing at all when viewing them mostly some of the crystal and the statues.

I also played for several hours and got about 10 decos, one of them was dug up with seeker droid. It seems rng doesn't like you.

Edited by Ollmich

First of all, thank you for picking Ossus as a scene for the new piece of story. I have very fond memories of Tales of the Jedi comics, they’re bizarre, funny and naive but still very engaging, and I always thought of them as of in-universe heroic epos. SWTOR version of Ossus is quite enjoyable to explore; I expected it to be much smaller, and I’m glad to be wrong. Jedi Library is gorgeous.

Here’re some notes:

- I’m not sure if it’s working as intended but several quest givers don’t have a triangle above their heads. Major Belatro in the Republic compound is hard to miss since she’s staying next to the bounty board but I was wandering in circles around Imperial base looking for NPC who is supposed to give me weekly. Turned out it's a Naulotan female behind the terminal with dailies, and looks like she’s about to throw up.

- I’d like to have a terminal where I could pick all the heroics. I didn’t even find all of them (“Enkindled knowledge” on impside and “The Sacred Holocron” on pubside, maybe they're not on PTS yet). I’d gladly talk to NPCs while doing them for the first time but after that it would be nice if I could just pick them all at once.

- Please make all types of Ossus currency legacy wide.

It’s not about the classes, Imperial final boss is much easier than the Republic one. I completed Republic version on TK sage (252 gear +240 augments, with lvl 50 healing comp) without much trouble but I had to move, interrupt, use self heals etc – it isn’t insanely hard but you need be on guard all the time. On lightning sorc (248 gear + 228 augs, 30 lvl comp) I pretty much sleepwalked through it, it’s just tank and spank. Maybe the Jedi boss is missing some abilities? On the other hand, there’re lots of irritating mobs inside the Imp instance, and in Pub one you just fight 4 Sith lords.

Imp and Pub heroics where you have to fight waves of adds are also different in terms of difficulty despite having the same mechanics. "Supply heist" isn’t hard, but I have no idea how to complete "Hold the Line" solo – too many mobs, and all hit hard. I believe the intention was to make waves of bugs (like waves of droids and Jedi in Imperial heroic) but they all appear at the same time instead.

Looks like those heroics were developed by Empire lovers. :rolleyes:

I get it, there’re more missions which means you can get more rep tokens per day but completing a daily quest on Ossus doesn’t feel as rewarding as completing one, let’s say, on Yavin IV. I did about two dozens of quests today, and barely reached Outsider rank. It rather demotivates.

where do you pick up the quest for the imp final boss?

ok, I have done some dailies and heroics on Ossus last 2 days: submitted couple of bugs via in-game feat, but unsure it will reach anyone, so hereby the repeat:

2. Heroics "Supply Heat (in Ossus Farms) is too hard. I mean beggining is easy, but then the player gets swarmed by trash mobs that are unkillable or just respawn themselves too soon. Same goes for Rep Heroic where you need to withold Imperial Raid. 2 first waves are too easy, then the 3rd one is impossible. I have done that with full 248 augmented Shadow tank with healing (or DPS) companion, still got owerwhelmed by mobs.

4. During the Heroic (Consume the Light or something) - Jedi Temple area, the final stage with Master Shankawanka (name just made up) the healing comp was healing me from under the floor, hmmm :)

wher do you pick up heroics supply heat and consume the light?

I played the other day for a few hours and got about 6 of them the crystal containers.

Ollmich;9662306]

It’s not about the classes, Imperial final boss is much easier than the Republic one. I completed Republic version on TK sage (252 gear +240 augments, with lvl 50 healing comp) without much trouble but I had to move, interrupt, use self heals etc – it isn’t insanely hard but you need be on guard all the time. On lightning sorc (248 gear + 228 augs, 30 lvl comp) I pretty much sleepwalked through it, it’s just tank and spank. Maybe the Jedi boss is missing some abilities? On the other hand, there’re lots of irritating mobs inside the Imp instance, and in Pub one you just fight 4 Sith lords.

Imp and Pub heroics where you have to fight waves of adds are also different in terms of difficulty despite having the same mechanics. "Supply heist" isn’t hard, but I have no idea how to complete "Hold the Line" solo – too many mobs, and all hit hard. I believe the intention was to make waves of bugs (like waves of droids and Jedi in Imperial heroic) but they all appear at the same time instead.

I did it with my sage (dps) and she didn't have much problems either but when I take my healer there seems to be a problem. I noticed the empire one was much easier and the fact that even if there were some more npc they also had some imperial npc in there as well and if you started killing the jedi npc a lot of time the imperial npc would jump in an help.

yea the supply heist had the waves appearing too much and they appear together instead of in separate phases.

]Looks like those heroics were developed by Empire lovers. :rolleyes:

I am beginning to believe that.

Something else to feedback - the orange 242 gear that drops should not be bound to character - bound to legacy would be better; BoE would be perfect.

I have to say I've not been tempted to return to the Ossus dailies. I think it will be another Iokath for me; tedious long grind of boredom. I shall just have to get used to insta-death due to lower-than-252 gear in PvP OR become an in-game billionaire and buy new gear off the GTN IF crafted gear is going to be BoE.

Edited by Sarova

I just forgot the name of the mission cuz I suck at life; but the one in the Jedi Temple where you have to click on dirt piles or something; I was able to do 1, but clicking any after that would start to channel and either break on it's own, or would immediately auto-spawn back before I could click the urn thingies underneath. You have to collect 5 and I was only able to do 1.

Also, I wasn't able to drag any mounts to action bars. so literally had to hit p then select mount every time i wanted to go somewhere. :(

If you stand on the clickable area, that happens when the graphic change and you drop a bit, move and such interrupts your channel. If you take care not to stand on the blue area, works fine.

My findings, some might have been already reported. All imp sided.

[DAILY] Supply drop - I think drop place is missing for the 752, -110 location

[DAILY] front Line Support - When talking to Sergeant Brax you must have a certain Major with you. that is a little spoiler y. Also, you can not complete this mission on the PTS.

[DAILY] Silencing the guns - Dead turrets re-spawn immediately after being killed.

[DAILY]Blazing fury - the pumping stations can not be clicked.

[DAILY]Communication blackout - You can just click any signal jammer 4 times in a row (no timeout) and the quest is done.

[DAILY] Scrapyard has a problem if you have comp out. If the bot takes damage from another source, he seems he doesn't turns green. Also, the rate of turning green is rather annoying, a bit to rare. Also, if the droid decides to fight, there is a placement issue. It looks like the droid stays in the same place, and after several seconds, he swoops fast to the position where the program has moved him in the meantime but only if you try to move towards the droid. The droid starts to move correctly if you are farther from him (beyond 30 meters) when you try to spike it.

The transport droid in Ossus farms displays "Not in range" error message regardless of the distance to it.

HOld the LIne-Overtuned. The first part no problem. The second part-no way as those come in one wave. This needs fixed.

Why is the Republic Side Patrol Missions not updating. I did even single daily and didn't get that to update but I did them on my Imp toon and it got updated. Needs fixed.

Edited by casirabit

I did it with my sage (dps) and she didn't have much problems either but when I take my healer there seems to be a problem. I noticed the empire one was much easier and the fact that even if there were some more npc they also had some imperial npc in there as well and if you started killing the jedi npc a lot of time the imperial npc would jump in an help.

yea the supply heist had the waves appearing too much and they appear together instead of in separate phases.

I am beginning to believe that.

The supply heist was easy with lvl 50 companion and my immortal jugg. I noticed with the pub it had twice the mobs and there were a lot of golden elites. I survived the 1st wave but as soon as the next wave came they killed my companion and i died soon after

The supply heist was easy with lvl 50 companion and my immortal jugg. I noticed with the pub it had twice the mobs and there were a lot of golden elites. I survived the 1st wave but as soon as the next wave came they killed my companion and i died soon after

Yes, I noticed that last night with Hold the Line. I even tried using my heroic ability. Didn't help. I do believe they have overtuned the Republic heroics as I don't seem to have any problems with the Empire ones. In addition the patrol missions (the one you get for completing 5 missions) complete on the Empire side but not on the Republic side. Even some of the mobs on the Republic side are a bit harder (not a problem for me but....) than the Empire side and both characters I used (Sage/Inquisitor-DPS) are in 252 gear with augments at 240 and using a level 50 companion.

Decorations-When they drop they are bound to your character. (1) Can you please not have them bound or (2) Make sure we can donate them to the guild. Yea you might be able to purchase them but I haven't been able to test that as not in a guild there but in the past some of those decorations like that I couldn't even purchase them from my list to donate them to our guild.

Edited by casirabit

Playing at rep-side:

(sorry have only the german heroics)

-The daily-counter doesnt count up (stays at 0/5 the whole time)

-The heroics are quite a lot too hard (dying within 3 seconds from the geonosians as solo-player with full 248/240)

-Scanning the two jedi-related places is fosssible, the quest therefor is empty and doesnt disappear after completing it

Over all: nice work, fine world, lot of stuff in there!

Some names are still missing, but yes thats open test so no worry about that!

Markus

I concur with all those who say that the Hold the Line heroic is absolutely impossible to solo, pubside at least. Max gear, influence 50 companion, heroic moment - nothing is enough. The wave of Imperials is easy, but the Geonosians are a nightmare. Edited by Estelindis

Here are a list of bugs that I have found during my test of the Ossus planetary area:

1. Loading bar in between loading areas bugged, does not fill correctly.

2. Camera angle while conversing with several NPC mission carriers incorrect. Some, such as for Daily Patrol, shift the camera angle to inside the wall of the building, causing a visual texture glitch.

3. Can't manipulate side quickbars utilizing abilities, vehicles, or pets.

4. Cliff face texturing unstable past the World boss in the Ossus Canyons (cliff faces disappear, causing appearance to look as if cliff isn't there.)

5. Cross faction NPC's staring in a stand-off. (Highly doubt sith would just give the Jedi dirty looks and NOT do anything).

6. Geonosians in the Heroic {Hold the Line} far too powerful, even for DPS in full augmented 248 gear with a Tank in 252 gear. Recommend lowering damage output by a minimum of 45% to balance it out.

7. Heroic {Expel the Darkness} bugged in combination of overpowered Sith Lord and door leading further into Heroic area stuck closed, despite killing the Sith Lord. Recommend lowering damage output by a minimum of 33% to balance this out.

8. Daily {Patrol} mission fails to update upon completion of Daily missions.

9. Graphics unstable in Heroic {Hold the Line}. During fight, character will "fall" through the ground and exit combat, resulting in getting stuck and unable to move. Temporary fix to this is utilize quick travel to reset character.

10. Signal Jammer in Daily {Open a Channel} not glowing blue to signify interact-able equipment to progress the mission.

11. Datacron in Ancient ruins Codex entry: Galactic History 46, duplicates, giving two of the same entry in the codex.

12. Mountain texturing is unstable around datacron in Ancient Ruins. If not careful, character falls through mountain, causing a glitch that /stuck only corrects 25% of the time (based on falling through a total of 8 times).

13. Holding Cells in Daily {No Jedi Left Behind} are all empty (I highly doubt the Sith have them turned on to look intimidating).

14. Cursor doesn't change when hovering over objective points such as Signal Jammers and Sensor Deployment Locations.

15. Seeker Droid area IVO X: 1248, Y: -324 bugged. Post scan results indicate close proximity to treasure. However, between 3 individuals searching the same localized area, no treasure, Beast, or otherwise was discovered, despite positive feedback from Post dig sonar scan.

This post will be updated with any additional bugs that may be discovered during testing. If there are any questions, feel free to message me in game on my characters, Howard-L on the Satele Shan server, or Howard on the PTS.

Issues with 3 missions:

[Daily] Front Line Support - I wasn't able to find the officer that needs to be taken to the cave in order to start the encounter.

[Daily] Missing Pieces - The datapad at the end of the canyon was clickable, but did not register that I had clicked it.

[Heroic] Supply Heist - no markers were on the map and after clicking the supplies the Jedi never spawned for the fight.

Overall, these missions are easy and mindless. Mainly its going to be a horrible fight for quest NPCs and clickable mission items. At least I only have to farm it to Newcomer in order to get gear.

Ossus is cool looking though and I am looking forward to the new story content.

[Heroic] Expel the Darkness - Door is still stuck. Even after killing the Sith in the room, there is no indication of how it opens. Are we supposed to click something? If so... it's not obvious. How is it intended for the door to be opened? Edited by Meshla_Naast

I've done most of the dailies a few times now and overall they seem decent. Nothing really interesting or particularly fun but they're all short and straightforward so that's good.

I like the size of the zone. It still feels open but not so large it's annoying to get around.

One concern I have is that there are a couple of missions that involve killing two specific named mobs out in the open. These can be super annoying in even a moderately populated instance. Obviously it's not a problem on PTS since not a lot of people are on, but please just keep the instance size fairly small and the respawn timer fast.

Also while I imagine most people will just play in PvE instances, it does seem like it could be a fun area for PvP. Both sides seem to have missions around the same spots so you'd run into people a lot. Not that anyone should feel pressured into playing in a PvP instance but I think it'd be kind of cool to maybe get some unassembled components or something on top of the other rewards if you complete missions in the PvP instance. I guess you can always put achievements for player kills too but those are boring.