1st look at new Star Wars series "The Mandolorian"

ImmortalLowlife

It's going to be released through the Disney Streaming Service. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jon-favreau-new-star-wars-series-mandalorian_us_5bb62f08e4b0876eda9c1aa3

And apparently.. it will be a "live action" format... which concerns me. Favoreau has experience with live action though... so maybe he can make it exceptional.. unless Disney puts it paws all over it.

Edited by Andryah

It's going to be released through the Disney Streaming Service. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jon-favreau-new-star-wars-series-mandalorian_us_5bb62f08e4b0876eda9c1aa3

And apparently.. it will be a "live action" format... which concerns me. Favoreau has experience with live action though... so maybe he can make it exceptional.. unless Disney puts it paws all over it.

We don’t have Disney in Australia. I’m hoping Netflix or Foxtel will pick it up here.

Dave Filoni minus Lucas is horrible (See Rebels and Resistance.) Favereau on the other hand is a plus given his involvement with The Clone Wars and Marvel, which unlike Star Wars, was not damaged by Disney. (Although recently Marvel is experiencing the same social political divide among "fans").

FYI, Lucas was developing a Star Wars Underworld style Live Acton Series. The Disney cancelled video game "Star Wars 1313" was loosely tied to it.

It speaks volumes Disney and Filoni raiding unused material from Clone Wars and Lucas-era Live Action Series development instead of trying to create their own. Speaking of Lucas-era, much as we like to bash EAware over it's crate gearing and server merging decisions it is still light years above anything Disney has put out so far in terms of story and design.

Yes I am pro-Lucas and anti-Disney come @ me.

Edited by jimmorrisson

I don't actually care for the whole Mandalorian gig. Not my cuppa tea or in less polite terms...b-o-r-i-n-g. But others will likely enjoy it. I'm just not that interested in much that doesn't pertain to a Force User. Edited by Lunafox

I don't actually care for the whole Mandalorian gig. Not my cuppa tea or in less polite terms...b-o-r-i-n-g. But others will likely enjoy it. I'm just not that interested in much that doesn't pertain to a Force User.

But just about everything else deals with the Force user's perspective.. I'm just happy Mandalorians will finally be getting a bigger screen to shine in though this game has run them and interest of them into the dirt long since. If we get some great live action cameos, really see their culture from a more humanizing side rather than the chest beating barbarians with nice armor, I could see it being nice.

Then again, it's going to be on Disney's own streaming service, so any hope is reserved and positioned near a trash compactor for appropriate response.

Dave Filoni minus Lucas is horrible (See Rebels and Resistance.) Favereau on the other hand is a plus given his involvement with The Clone Wars and Marvel, which unlike Star Wars, was not damaged by Disney. (Although recently Marvel is experiencing the same social political divide among "fans").

FYI, Lucas was developing a Star Wars Underworld style Live Acton Series. The Disney cancelled video game "Star Wars 1313" was loosely tied to it.

It speaks volumes Disney and Filoni raiding unused material from Clone Wars and Lucas-era Live Action Series development instead of trying to create their own. Speaking of Lucas-era, much as we like to bash EAware over it's crate gearing and server merging decisions it is still light years above anything Disney has put out so far in terms of story and design.

I actually really wound up enjoying Rebels. From about season 2 through the end there were some REALLY good story arcs. (Asoka/Vader, Thrawn, Ezra from rookie to Jedi, etc.) And my lil kids (age 7) are really excited about resistance. It's obviously made for the younger SW fans. I'm gonna remain optimistic about this new series. I'm not SUPER excited because I'd rather see what Luke was doing during that time but.... I'll give it a shot. It can't be any worse than TLJ. LOL

I actually really wound up enjoying Rebels. From about season 2 through the end there were some REALLY good story arcs. (Asoka/Vader, Thrawn, Ezra from rookie to Jedi, etc.) And my lil kids (age 7) are really excited about resistance. It's obviously made for the younger SW fans. I'm gonna remain optimistic about this new series. I'm not SUPER excited because I'd rather see what Luke was doing during that time but.... I'll give it a shot. It can't be any worse than TLJ. LOL

I liked Rebels too. I don't get the hate for it. I dislike certain parts of Rebels, but generally the same stuff I didn't like about Rebels was also a factor in TCW.

As for Mandalorians...

Well, this is probably still a bit controversial, but I like Karen Traviss' take on them. I like the culture she essentially created from scratch, and which shows up piecemeal through swtor and other mediums [Torian's like an encyclopedia for mando'a]. I don't particularly like how they've been depicted since Traviss left the scene. They've been robbed of subtlety. I loathed TCW's take on them, and I wasn't very fond of how Rebels handled them either. I'm ambivalent about a live-action, unsubtle mandalorian series, but I do like the era they've set it in and I'm hoping the series will flesh out what that era looks like in the canon universe from an NFU perspective.

I don't actually care for the whole Mandalorian gig. Not my cuppa tea or in less polite terms...b-o-r-i-n-g. But others will likely enjoy it. I'm just not that interested in much that doesn't pertain to a Force User.

Though I'd point out that Rogue One, arguably one of the best movies in the Star Wars franchise, was all about non-Force users.

The Mandalorian huh? hopefully more details will show up soon enough to have a better clue as to what it is about.

First look at the new John Favaro (or however it's spelled :confused:) series

being talked to death isn't my idea of finding out what is coming. i'd rather wait until there is more details of what will be expected going forward.

Jon Favreau is an outstanding director (Iron Man 1 & 2 among others). This series has potential.

Perhaps? but what works well for certain directors on other series may not work well on this one. i guess there is only one way to find out. when everything is in place and ready to go. No one said that JJ Abrams who did Lost and Person of Interest would be any good at Star Trek, and frankly no matter what the box office shows, the films themselves weren't that great.

But yet Justin Lin who is known for Fast and Furious films came on and did a Star Trek film recently and got away with it. who knows if that was a fluke or a genuine thing?

You see the glass as half empty, but i see it as half full: At least Filoni has the balls to try out some of these unused idea and put them out there and see what comes of them. not even the previous EP's and Lucas himself considered such a risky move. they only went for what worked.

if it works or not, i wonder how many more unused concepts and stories are lurking in those vaults?

that is what i am most concerned about, how it is targeted more and more at a younger audience rather than towards a wider young auidence like the clone wars. the clone wars was one of the best examples of animation until it was thrown away like some boomerang, rebels had its moments but the vast amount of episodes were tosh which was obviously meant for kids. now resistance has come along with that anime cartoon style.. lord help us all if it proves to be a hit!

Though I'd point out that Rogue One, arguably one of the best movies in the Star Wars franchise, was all about non-Force users.

Darth Vader made enough of an appearance to dismiss this claim. Just having him there implies the emperors interest which means there are force sensitives involved.

Edited by Celise

I'm with Luna on this. Meh, boring. And it's Disney Wars so don't care at all.

I'm on this bandwagon as well, as I'm far more hyped about the mystical aspects of Star Wars with force-using and the nature of the force, but it's good to know there's continuing life in the franchise.

Darth Vader made enough of an appearance to dismiss this claim. Just having him there implies the emperors interest which means there are force sensitives involved.

Ah yes "Non-Force Users." We've dismissed that claim. :D

That's how the quote should have gone :)

Having a force-user appear in the film didn't make it "about force users".

Edited by Kiesu

I have to admit, I hate Disney Wars. I really do.

But... I absolutely love Clone Wars and Rebels.

I'm going to watch anything that Dave Filoni is involved with.

Also, Taika Waititi is interesting, I enjoyed "What We Do In The Shadows".

Is it just me, or does his chest armor look a little small?

Ah yes "Non-Force Users." We've dismissed that claim. :D

That's how the quote should have gone :)

Okay then, just who was involved in the work with the Death star, before and during its construction and completion?

Having a force-user appear in the film didn't make it "about force users".

Then try wish away Darth Vader, the emperor and his plan for galatic dominance... impossible considering the films all tie into each other. the emperor controlled the empire, including everything in it. of course it is about force users, they are ultimately the ones giving the orders from the emperor down.

Personally not overly interested in it. To me Star Wars is all about Jedi and Sith. If you remove them, it's just any other Science fiction movie. I'm sure I'm going to watch it eventually, but I'll definitely not rush to see it.

I really wonder why are they desperately trying to avoid making anything with heavy focus on force users and the philosophy of the Sith and Jedi which is the most interesting part of star wars, the adventures of Darth bane and Zhana and the later duos is an excellent example but no, we need another generic action tv series

Then try wish away Darth Vader, the emperor and his plan for galatic dominance... impossible considering the films all tie into each other. the emperor controlled the empire, including everything in it. of course it is about force users, they are ultimately the ones giving the orders from the emperor down.

And force resides withing all living things tying the universe into a one massive force-plot. Yes, yes...