Huttball ( Vandin ) PVP map - feedback...?

Storm-Cutter

I had a dream last night that Bioware were trying to prove there was no desync and invited a bunch of us to their office to test it. And in the office there was no desync at all. Bioware said “see”, what are you all complaining about. It must be your lag and not us.

I was so frustrated that I lost my **** at them. Snave had to hold me back and then Hottie was pounding on Musco. (Snave and Hotties were the only player faces because I’ve seen them on Twitch) Even poor old Charles was being backed into a corner by some faceless players demanding they fix the desync.

Keith did a runner, the last I saw, was him driving away and heading to the beach (I know weird, but it was a dream).

In the end we somehow found ourselves at someone’s house with Keith to show him how bad the desync was.

After that I can’t remember what happened or wether they said they would fix it.

Now, that was all very weird and I don’t want to have any more dreams of Kieth’s white legs in boardshorts or swtor in general, especially about dysnc.

So please for the love of god, fix the desync.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was waiting for it heh

We're doomed. :mad:

If you have a leap or some way to traverse to another platform, it is alright. (As long as you don’t desync through the floor or off the ledge). Just about every class but snipers and Mercs have one.

It comes down to how you approach the match. If all you want to do is kill stuff and not play the ball, then gear, you’re going to have a bad time as a melee

Huttballs can explode if a ball carrier holds onto it for too long without passing. It's just more noticeable in Vandin because the timer seems shorter. The short timer in Vandin sucks because it makes it pretty much impossible to carry the ball from mid to the end zone entirely by yourself, unlike say classic Huttball. Which means if you get stuck with a deathmatch team that doesn't get in position for passes when you get the ball, you're screwed.

In Classic Huttball one good runner can literally carry a clueless team. Not Vandin.

I think the timer and the pit activations coincide to make it impossible to solo score in Vandin. I don’t mind that if your team is trying to play Hutt Ball. But if they aren’t, your can’t carry them.

My feedback on this map (if its ok to go back to topic) after playing about 30+ games (not 2-3 unlike some here)

Pros:

This map is VERY SMALL and VERY fast-paced

Had very few games that were "boring" aside from the ones where there are too many tanks and healers

Alot of air vents - means you can quickly get out of a tricky situation AND join the combat fast - I LOVE THIS

Alot of the time this map is more like Team deathmatch because its so small - that is not a bad thing

I personally like the theme of VANDIN - its a good looking map

Cons:

Goes without saying DESYNC is brutal in this map

People with PUSH abilities have TOO much power on this map. There are SO MANY high platforms, acidpools, stun areas and EDGES you can push people into. Especially the edges of this map push class abilties are OP

That people with push ablities especially those on low CD like sins/sorcs are OP and can defend themselves far better then people with zero push abilities especially fighting on high platforms or edges.

The CD on hooks should be lowered to like 10-15sec. Doesnt make sense for such a fast paced map to have so long CD especially when you know you going almost guaranteed get knockdown everytime you there.

Those classes that have pull abilities are also almost OP in this map since there are so many acidpools, stun areas, edges and highplatforms. And the map itself is so small - a good pull can score easily. Not the same for quesh huttball.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This map requires EXTENSIVE situtional awarness and VERY good POSITIONING all the time especially if you have a non push class which also one of the reasons most people hate it imo. I like that fact that devs wanted to make the map more difficult and technical. But imo they went overboard with this one - because in such a tiny map with so many traps - certain classes can adapt too well on it while other classes are at severe disadvantage.

A good sorc with PW, push&pull and bubble stun can dominate this map far more then a good operative can on the original huttball...

just another map that favors range classes. Which is to be expected seeing as most peeps playing are mercs and snipers

Kazz, in this world we need villains to counter the heroes! Without snipers and mercs, just imagine the boredom you'd have in the WZs! It's good to have something to hate, especially in PVP.

P.S. I think you'd be great on a Jugg or Mara. Imagine transferring all that real hate you have for mercs and snipers into a toon that really gifts the player with real blunt force power and ability to mop the floors with these two classes you hate so much.

I had a dream last night that Bioware were trying to prove there was no desync and invited a bunch of us to their office to test it. And in the office there was no desync at all. Bioware said “see”, what are you all complaining about. It must be your lag and not us.

I was so frustrated that I lost my **** at them. Snave had to hold me back and then Hottie was pounding on Musco. (Snave and Hotties were the only player faces because I’ve seen them on Twitch) Even poor old Charles was being backed into a corner by some faceless players demanding they fix the desync.

Keith did a runner, the last I saw, was him driving away and heading to the beach (I know weird, but it was a dream).

In the end we somehow found ourselves at someone’s house with Keith to show him how bad the desync was.

After that I can’t remember what happened or wether they said they would fix it.

Now, that was all very weird and I don’t want to have any more dreams of Kieth’s white legs in boardshorts or swtor in general, especially about dysnc.

So please for the love of god, fix the desync.

Next you will have a dream about them inviting us and other forumquesters to their private office where they tell us they have important information to share with us!

They tell us that they are dropping Anthem, and instead of wasting time and money on that heap they are going to re-design SWTOR from top to bottom.

They tell us in no way are they going to let the Star Wars IP go to waste any longer!

They even hint that they will be upgrading the games entire engine, they will also re-design player races so that Ewoks and Wookiees and anything in between can be played! Trandoshans, Droids, basically every race in the SW universe will eventually be added to the game!

All classes will be redesigned, tanks will play like tanks, there will be no skanks, healers will all be equally effective, ALL DPS will be balanced yet individually very different from other specs!

All of this will be accomplished with the work of 100 of the top game developers in the world. They tell us this is Star Wars, damnit. It deserves the best and so do we, the players!

Next you will have a dream about them inviting us and other forumquesters to their private office where they tell us they have important information to share with us!

They tell us that they are dropping Anthem, and instead of wasting time and money on that heap they are going to re-design SWTOR from top to bottom.

They tell us in no way are they going to let the Star Wars IP go to waste any longer!

They even hint that they will be upgrading the games entire engine, they will also re-design player races so that Ewoks and Wookiees and anything in between can be played! Trandoshans, Droids, basically every race in the SW universe will eventually be added to the game!

All classes will be redesigned, tanks will play like tanks, there will be no skanks, healers will all be equally effective, ALL DPS will be balanced yet individually very different from other specs!

All of this will be accomplished with the work of 100 of the top game developers in the world. They tell us this is Star Wars, damnit. It deserves the best and so do we, the players!

That’s not a dream, that’s a Unicorn sighting.

So I checked patch notes and the inability to break cc when holding the huttball still hasn't been fixed? I almost haven't played swtor since vandin huttball release because this issue/change is incredibly annoying and unenjoyable and makes huttball much less fun. Can this please be reverted? From what I've seen and heard no one thinks this is good.

So I checked patch notes and the inability to break cc when holding the huttball still hasn't been fixed? I almost haven't played swtor since vandin huttball release because this issue/change is incredibly annoying and unenjoyable and makes huttball much less fun. Can this please be reverted? From what I've seen and heard no one thinks this is good.

I was under the impression that the inability to break CC while the ball carrier on that map was an intended mechanic, albeit a ridiculously stupid one.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

I was under the impression that the inability to break CC while the ball carrier on that map was an intended mechanic, albeit a ridiculously stupid one.

No one knows because they've been completely silent on the issue. It was certainly never on PTS or in the patch notes which would suggest bug but they also haven't acknowledged it being an issue at all so who knows. Why they would want to stealth change it I have no idea.

I concur, another ninja "nerf" that made things worse not better.

On a different note, this map thoroughly encourages stupidity. I had a match yesterday morning, it was me a mando and 14 number farmers. I got to the ball first, suddenly i see endzone in ops chat. Drop pit, throw the ball up to the mando. He scores while I'm running back, when i get there the ball is still there. I grab it again, and run it completely unhindered back to the waiting mando. Repeat 4 more times to win the match.

3 people voted mvp on the only number farmer that beat 1 mill damage. The mando and i had one vote each - presumably each other.

The opposing team took the time to type "tryhard" in /say at the end of the match. To them i say, "tryhard" implies i actually had to try hard. That was the easiest (albeit dumbest) vandin/huttball I've ever had.

I concur, another ninja "nerf" that made things worse not better.

On a different note, this map thoroughly encourages stupidity. I had a match yesterday morning, it was me a mando and 14 number farmers. I got to the ball first, suddenly i see endzone in ops chat. Drop pit, throw the ball up to the mando. He scores while I'm running back, when i get there the ball is still there. I grab it again, and run it completely unhindered back to the waiting mando. Repeat 4 more times to win the match.

3 people voted mvp on the only number farmer that beat 1 mill damage. The mando and i had one vote each - presumably each other.

The opposing team took the time to type "tryhard" in /say at the end of the match. To them i say, "tryhard" implies i actually had to try hard. That was the easiest (albeit dumbest) vandin/huttball I've ever had.

As much as a combat hound that I am, it nonetheless is sad when the person who is most responsible for the win due to their exemplary objective performance is out voted simply by dint of high numbers ontained while not in assiting objective seeking team mates, peeling for healers, or attempting a distraction strategy.

And they refuse to tell us if it is intended or a bug.

If it’s intended, all they have to say is sorry we omitted it from the patch notes by mistake.

If it’s a bug, all they have to say is it’s a bug that will be fixed in a future update.

The fact that they have stayed silent and omitted it from the pts and patch notes, seems to say to me, they knew it would be a poorly received change and didn’t want to argue with us about it because they “know what’s best”.

There was no community consolation at all and no reply to all of the requests for confirmation. I don’t think we will ever see it fixed or reversed and I doubt they’ll ever broach the subject.

They’ve activated their overpowered DCD called :

Bioware Ostrich manoeuvre

Allows Devs and Musco the ability to selectively stick their heads in the sand for certain topics. Effectively filtering out all discussion or references to a topic as if it doesn’t exist.

Activation time : 0 secs

Does not effect GCD

Duration : infinity

While I ceased caring about MVP votes years ago, it only reinforces the point about how WZs have digressed into pointless kill farming. Unfortunately, it's not isolated to Vandin, and it happens to be one of the main reasons why I stopped PvPing. Though I'll concede that in HB formats, the ninja nerf to ball carrier CC breaking has only encouraged deathmatching.

Edited by Mournblood

While I ceased caring about MVP votes years ago, it only reinforces the point about how WZs have digressed into pointless kill farming. Unfortunately, it's not isolated to Vandin, and it happens to be one of the main reasons why I stopped PvPing. Though I'll concede that in HB formats, the ninja nerf to ball carrier CC breaking has only encouraged deathmatching.

Yeah i only mentioned the mvp thing because it spoke to what the other 14 people in the match cared about. It was so ridiculous it was funny.

Yeah i only mentioned the mvp thing because it spoke to what the other 14 people in the match cared about. It was so ridiculous it was funny.

Don't know if you saw it, Kendra, but I had posted a suggestion for making changes to the WZ reward system that would help mitigate the deathmatching cancer that's killing regular PvP. In that suggestion, I had a line item for removing the ability for players to vote, since it's so ridiculously arbitrary and subjective, and rarely reflects who was actually more responsible for winning the match.

Edited by Mournblood

A map designed to benefit ranged classes or more to the point OP i win classes such as Merc, sniper and jug. (like any of them need the help) Dsync is insane don't bother phantom striding to peeps on catwalks you end up on ground. Typical bs of some classes able to roll through, mad dash through hazards with no ill effects still omnipresent.

A map designed to benefit ranged classes or more to the point OP i win classes such as Merc, sniper and jug. (like any of them need the help) Dsync is insane don't bother phantom striding to peeps on catwalks you end up on ground. Typical bs of some classes able to roll through, mad dash through hazards with no ill effects still omnipresent.

sents can't blade blitz now eh?

stealth's can't sit in the endzone, just to unstealth when the ball carrier drops pit (my team uses this strategy all the time, with both an oper and a shadow)?

dsync is ridiculous, and shadow stride has always been buggy as crap because of it.

but by all means, no thread would be complete without you here whining about not being able to effectively use your abilities.

and oh, by the way, i despise this map.

feedback about this map...it's so awesome that at least 4 people leave as soon as they see it's vandin…. most of the rest leave before it ends. I appreciate the devs giving us a new map, and I hate to have to be so negative about it, but it is unfun...many things just don't work.

I don't ever want to see this map.

Edited by Kirtastropohe

feedback about this map...it's so awesome that at least 4 people leave as soon as they see it's vandin…. most of the rest leave before it ends. I appreciate the devs giving us a new map, and I hate to have to be so negative about it, but it is unfun...many things just don't work.

I don't ever want to see this map.

To be fair, most losing sides cycle through 12-15 players before the end of the match. Quitting a losing side is apparently a thing nowadays. - Yes I've seen matches turned around, but leaving 7 team-mates to likely be crushed even more is such an anti-social thing. I can forgive the occasional IRL emergency, where it's only polite to quit rather than just afk.... but come on....Unless you're a firefighter or something.... there can't be that many emergencies in a day.

Back to Vandin, They didn't seem to learn the lessons form original Huttball and Queshball - in that too many traps and platforms just muck it up for everyone.

Would be better to have a simple maze with a few places to DM or pass along the corridor or use LoS or ambush folks and suchlike - OR just a big open space with a few objects in it to hide behind, hinder straight line movement and encourage passing.

Vandin is unnecessarily overcomplicated. - Which Is a shame, since I'm quite fond of Huttball, and I must be one of the lucky few where desync isn't too much of a PITA.