Fall Roadmap Now Live!

EricMusco

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Crafted Tier 5 Gear – make your own top tier gear after obtaining rare schematics and new crafting materials"

seriously? craftable? how the **** schould that work with set bonusses?

do you have to have 7 schematics for 1 spec?

you guys should seriously think about the problems that brings for people who have to play different roles in thier particular raid groups... those people will need another stupid grind fest....

havent you learned from the fail that was galactic command... me as an salesman myself i see what you are doing... trying to keep people engaged by giving them smeting to farm but that was your idea behing galactic command, too...

did it work out? i guess not... never seen so few people online..

craftabble top tier gear is simply wrong.. ..

then you for sure will have to do ranked pvp for mats or wait like 2 years for luck...

(about 60% of the nim raiders i play with wouldnt touch ranked pvp even with a forceps)

i guess you dont have a concept yet otherwise you would communicate it.

i strongly suggest you to make that gear available by components just as any other gear...

otherwise a lot of people would be pissed for the new grind.. (btw that was the reason you brought out those components, if you remember)

dont make that mistake to bring it only craftable... you will lose players...

The Road Map is rubbing me the wrong way but I'll try to avoid ranting and raving.

There's a whole section about communication but nothing about 6.0 or Kira or Scourge which are probably the top 3 things most players want to be communicated to about.

What is "Tier 5 Crafted stuff"? 244 augments or brand new "better than available in command crates" grind-for-mats-forever... stopping there.

Edited by Savej

new tier of gear! really? POINTLESS. so there is an "expansion coming up" and the best thing you could come up with is "HAHA more gear that will interest them. now please explain why i would want to get a new set of gear for multiple characters when it will only be useful for what...half a year at best?

AND THEN you say "craft it" LUL, so as a PvPer who also happens to know other PvPers the only crew skills we really bother with is biochem to use the re usable stims and medpacs. and since we have these things called alts that also happen to use these reusable stuff pretty much everyone is biochem. so to get this new gear it is likely we will need to buy it :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

keeping with PvP. season 10 ends THIS month :rak_02: so rather than a one year season or 3-6 months we are getting... one month? someone Clearly didn't run the numbers on that...

Edited by benmas

Great news, looking forward to GftM MM! We'll make sure to practice more GftM VM now, and hit PTS as soon as it is available.

Also looking forward to the upcoming guild features, and great to hear that you work on new operations content as well. The roadmap sounds really nice; if all goes well this may actually turn the game around and increase server populations again. I have high hopes for the game, please don't disappoint.

I talked with my guild and we assume the daily area is Ossus.

Regarding the T5 gear, I don't mind it too much. Yes, no one wants to grind another tier of gear but unless you plan on running GftM MM, you won't have to. The next expansion / level cap increase will be just a few months later, so don't worry if you won't get the T5 gear. Some word on how set bonuses are going to work would be nice though.

I'm confident that my guild, and especially my raid group, will have no trouble getting the new gear. I am slightly worried that crit chances etc. will rise even higher, they are already much higher than during previous expansions so a level cap increase and stat reset is badly needed. I assume that with T5 gear, it will be best to stat into Power and not go further into Crit etc. We'll see.

Edited by Jerba

Keith's Fall Roadmap is now live! You can check it out, here.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Thanks for this.

New planet and story sounds cool to me.

I don't like to hear about new gear tier being obtained by crafting only, but what can I do unless wait and see? You guys never turn around anyway...

Edited by RafaelPeretz

New gear, woohoo. I haven't even bothered getting all my mains into full 248 gear yet. Now I can leave them where they are. I don't need another pointless gear grind that punishes people with multiple alts and specs.

Is the new content an actual storyline or more flashpoints? Flashpoints that you can't stop halfway through and pick up playing later are a terrible way of presenting solo-type stories. (If is real story content, and not just flashpoints, then congratulations on giving me something I want).

More class-specific companions. Well, that's great for those classes I suppose, unless you like LS Jaesa, then you played the game the wrong way.

Since the only chars I have doing the full story content are a LS fem warrior and DS male warrior and both of them went with LS Jaesa and neither killed Quinn, the new content just reminds me that my story chioces are the wrong ones according to the current writers.

Anyone remember all those useless schematics in the command crates?

Another gear grind with another currency is just what this game needs.... Not.

That's some Jedi mind-trick to had-wave away all the mistakes and mis-steps this game has made in the previous six years, only to repeat them all over again.

The Road Map is rubbing me the wrong way...

Me too because of:

With Game Update 5.10 – Jedi under Siege, the next phase of the SWTOR storyline will kick off with a bang on the ancient Jedi world. Ravaged by a cataclysm centuries in the past, this beloved planet has been part of Old Republic stories since the original Tales of the Jedi comics, and we’re really excited to bring it to life for our players as a new Daily Area with separate Republic and Imperial storylines.

With this ancient world, we will see the return of several fan-favorite characters as well as the introduction of some exciting new characters including a powerful Jedi veteran (not Revan) who will join Republic players on their mission to protect a hidden Jedi base and a deadly commando who will aid Imperial players in their mission to destroy it. Over the coming months, we’ll bring you more details about the planet and offer more insight about the conflict.

That daily area has the stench of Iokath all over it - does their data show that the Iokath daily model is popular so they're coming with more of the same? I can't believe that. Though I would be happy with story content that can be "paused" and done later as with Iokath's initial story arc rather than story that's entirely behind a flashpoint.

Almost all of my "fan favourite" characters already exist from my favourite class stories & companions. Unless they are bringing back Darth Jadus & Darth Vowrawn I think the old names will only appeal to hard core swtor fans who read/watch everything & played the previous games. It also looks like I'm once again going to be forced to team up with the Dev's idea of "fan favourite" companion who I'm sure I will much rather stick my lightsaber through. I'm certain they said that future story lines would not centre around a specific companion or npc like they did with Lana and Theron. Seems they've reneged on that. I'm not too keen on the phrase "over the coming months" either since it's now September do they really need three months in which they give us "info" until they launch 5.10 next February (I am guessing there will be 2-3 months of delays for "reasons")? Worse still no mention of certain missing companions returning so unless the returning favourites in 5.10 are Lord Scourge, Zenith, LS Jaesa and Khem Val it has no appeal for me. Hopefully their will better info in the Livestream.

The idea that the new Tier 5 gear can only be crafted is odd, especially since the schematics are likely to only drop in OPs or somewhere that requires grouping which excludes a large part of the player base (soloers, PvPers and casual players) UNLESS the schematics can be sold on the GTN. The positive here is that GC won't be involved.

They better come up with a new apartment stronghold quickly to keep me subbed! (hint hint)

Edited by Sarova

Anyone remember all those useless schematics in the command crates?

Another gear grind with another currency is just what this game needs.... Not.

I'm just wondering what happens to Command Ranks then...are they now as useless as Rakata gear? Do we need to be CR 300 to use the new tier 5 gear? Where do the mats drop from...command boxes? FPs? Random or guaranteed?