Just resubscribed and instantly regret it!

JokerThe

The price for a 1 month subscription is 14.99 USD and cost me 21.49 CAD thats all, a bit overpriced if you ask me. only subscribed cause 5 weekly pvp matches are terrible, I miss the unlimited preferred pvp days or the weekly passes which i just ran out of finally. plus the dead servers making it hard to find group ques or finding a decent 8man warzone. instantly cancelled sub.

The price for a 1 month subscription is 14.99 USD and cost me 21.49 CAD thats all, a bit overpriced if you ask me. only subscribed cause 5 weekly pvp matches are terrible, I miss the unlimited preferred pvp days or the weekly passes which i just ran out of finally. plus the dead servers making it hard to find group ques or finding a decent 8man warzone. instantly cancelled sub.

Understandable

Been subbed since launch, spent thousands of dollars on the CC.

Don't regret a second of it.

Heh, well same here, I wasnt here since launch but when i subbed I stayed subbed and also spent a fortune here and don't regret it, the game has its Ups and Downs but it is worth it imho. As for OP, sorry to hear you didn't find what you were looking for, its always sad to see people leave.

Preach it, same here. Been subbed for 5 and a half years now and don't regret a second of it. SWTOR is the best game ever! :D

Edited by Ylliarus

Yeah I never understood their logic to get rid of weekly ops and pvp passes, either. They were really popular back when they were obtainable. Getting rid of them just got rid of more of the playerbase... I used them myself a lot if i just wanted to play a week rather than a month. Now i just don't play at all if I know I don't have time to justify a full month.

Edited by Kiesu

I've "only" been subbed since July of 2013 and I've only missed one month of subscribing.

This complaint by the OP is another PVP gimme-something-for-nothing ploy, nothing more.

Evequest 1: $14.99 a month

Everquest 2: $14.99 a month

SWTOR: $14.99 a month

All have FTP options. All have PVP play options. SWTOR isn't bucking an industry trend by charging people money to use its product.

Edited by xordevoreaux

This statement is illogical. If you resubscribed, that means you have subscribed again.

That's what the "re" is in "resubscribed," to have done so again.

If you have done so again, it means you have done so in the past.

If you have done so in the past, it means you knew quite well the subscription rate was $14.99/month.

You're basically saying, while walking into a situation with your eyes wide open as to what awaited you, you regret it.

There have always been dead servers. POT5 was dead. Jung Ma was dead. Jedi of the Covenant might as well have been dead.

If you were playing back when there were 17 servers and paying $14.99/month, when dead servers were around,

zero is different then from now.

So life shouldn't be such a big shock, and as you've seen by the other people whose posts show who've subscribed since launch and don't regret it, they obviously don't see it as a big shock, either.

The only thing you're regretting, therefore, is that you're not getting something for paying nothing.

You have supplied mock regret in a mock complaint in a ploy to get something for nothing.

I think Amazon (at least in the US) has an option to buy a game pass that gives like 3 months sub plus CC plus a mount for less than $15 per month.

Since online games cost money to host the servers, pay support people (EA support isn't great, but it exists), pay for bandwidth to the servers, and pay developers to fix bugs (or introduce them) and add content, it's a little silly to think everyone can play for free. Are you one of the people that wants others to pay for your entertainment?

This statement is illogical. If you resubscribed, that means you have subscribed again.

That's what the "re" is in "resubscribed," to have done so again.

If you have done so again, it means you have done so in the past.

If you have done so in the past, it means you knew quite well the subscription rate was $14.99/month.

You're basically saying, while walking into a situation with your eyes wide open as to what awaited you, you regret it.

There have always been dead servers. POT5 was dead. Jung Ma was dead. Jedi of the Covenant might as well have been dead.

If you were playing back when there were 17 servers and paying $14.99/month, when dead servers were around,

zero is different then from now.

So life shouldn't be such a big shock, and as you've seen by the other people whose posts show who've subscribed since launch and don't regret it, they obviously don't see it as a big shock, either.

The only thing you're regretting, therefore, is that you're not getting something for paying nothing.

You have supplied mock regret in a mock complaint in a ploy to get something for nothing.

It's almost as if you'd walk into a restaurant, knowing you have to pay for the service of receiving food, and then get outraged at the bill once you have eaten your dinner. It's a bit... sad? Because it's moaning for the sake of moaning.

I don't know what it is with people that they'd want to have full access to the game but not pay for it. Newsflash that's not how the world works!

Edited by Ylliarus

You realize he was complaining about the lack of getting to pvp any other way, which drove him to sub, right? Because prefs/f2p used to be able to still pay to play pvp or ops (passes from CM)... untill BW decided they didn't want the money anymore, apparently.

I don't regret my subs on anyone of my 7 accounts I had. I do regret the money I spent on CC or more accurately the money I spent on character slots. 600cc for a character slot on each server seemed money well spent, 17 characters yes, well worth it. If there came a time I could no longer sub (which that time has now arrived) I still had plenty of characters to play story levelling them up..... The server merge changed that as now I cannot play those characters I had already paid for because while I could have played up to 40 characters on each of the 3 UK servers 120 characters (had 90 but still left 30 empty slot to use and make new characters ) now I can only play 40 so lost 50 characters plus an additional 30 characters to make, now times that by all the other servers then times by 6 more accounts. So yes I do have regrets about money spent on this game. OK sure still have lots of character to play but that's not the point I had already paid for those extra characters. Only mention this as you and other have said no regrets on CC spent, well I do regret CC spent. In-fact as now you only get 5 character slots instead of 17, not worth 600cc anymore and not worth having to pay an extra 600cc on top of the 600cc I have already paid per slot to get them back, not to mention there probably is a max number you can have? but agree that's a different topic before anyone says so.

Sub is to me a different matter, I really enjoyed my time playing, every moment of it. The OP knew what he was doing, knew the situation before hand about less population on severs and pvp issues. I do agree BW should bring back the cartel passes but again that is a different issue than the sub cost, same as my issue with the server merge and losing items I had already paid for has nothing to do with sub.

No regrets QuinlanSaathis on money spent on CC? well wish I could say the same, sadly I cannot

Edited by StormForceDax

I spent that much on one two hour movie a couple weeks ago.

There is no more cost efficient form of entertainment than an MMO sub.

I think Amazon (at least in the US) has an option to buy a game pass that gives like 3 months sub plus CC plus a mount for less than $15 per month.

Since online games cost money to host the servers, pay support people (EA support isn't great, but it exists), pay for bandwidth to the servers, and pay developers to fix bugs (or introduce them) and add content, it's a little silly to think everyone can play for free. Are you one of the people that wants others to pay for your entertainment?

Amazon doesn't allow for non-US countries, but you can use the Origin deal fairly frequently. It says every six months but I've used it twice before the official time limit expired.

I spent that much on one two hour movie a couple weeks ago.

You should probably conciser subbing to a movie streaming service rather than buying tickets (like netflix, which is still cheaper than swtor sub). The extra cost for tickets comes from time you spend on property, time and effort it takes for other people to set up and/or perform your 2h experience and clean up after you. When you sit home watching a stream none of that is taken into account. Just service and license fees put together.

Edited by Kiesu

You realize he was complaining about the lack of getting to pvp any other way, which drove him to sub, right? Because prefs/f2p used to be able to still pay to play pvp or ops (passes from CM)... untill BW decided they didn't want the money anymore, apparently.

That's the thing, they do want the money but in the form of a sub. And to be honest I agree, if you want to make use of the game like that you should pay. The devs need to put time and resources into maintaining it all and adding new content, so if you like something and want to make use of it, it is only logical you should pay for it.

Strange topic. The only thing I don't understand here is why you resubbed.... because:

my subscription ends in seven days exactly and i won't be resubbing until we get some love in player versus player sector. getting tired of playing the same warzone 28 times in row, yes it happened and yes i played that much. and until they remove that suck planetary level cap thingy whats the point in over leveling now.
http://www.swtor.com/community/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=8745562

AND

My guess is because preferred and f2p can't use forums. This game is going in the gutters.
http://www.swtor.com/community/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=9241531

Did you loose track of your declaratives from the past? What exactly triggered you to resub now? Clearly PvP was not meeting your needs when you unsubbed ... and nothing in that regard has changed.

They merged servers and configured the populations into brand new servers since you left. And, like or not... PvP is not and never has been the dominant choice of activity in SWTOR. In fact.. they decommissioned PvP servers years ago now.. because they kept dying at an accelerated rate compared to PvE servers. Some SWTOR players love PvP, some do not.. and the game is more PvE centered in it's content, features and approach and always has been, and as former sub nothing I am stating should surprise you. Now.. if you play only PvP in an MMO.. I think you are destined to be continually disappointed in SWTOR. SWTOR works best for players that do some of just about everything the game has to offer... not just one or two aspects of it.

And as noted in other forum threads on similar topics... the only players having actual server/population issues at this time are those that rely on random GF queuing for PvP. For people who only play this way.. I would submit nothing has changed since you left and since you are a former subscriber and active in the forum.. I would fully expect you would periodically read and review the forum threads and see that nothing in this perennial complaint about PvP GF queue pops has really changed since you left.

Personally, I do not regret my sub... but I am also not reliant on random GF PvP queuing for my game play either. When/if I do regret my sub to an MMO ... I simply move on to something else.

Edited by Andryah

It's not often that Vember and I agree on anything, but he's spot on with this.

There's literally nothing else I do in a month that only costs me $15 and gives me the hours of enjoyment in week that this game does...arguably Netflix is close, but only because season 2 of Ozark releases today...but after those 8 hours, I'll be back to thumbing through things I don't really want to watch, looking for something I wouldn't flat out hate watching. :p

Edited by TUXs

I just resumed yesterday. Tbh I have always been subbed just have not played in a while. I feel ya thou as I sit at my desk trying to figure out what to do.

I've honestly never had this issue...here's how I do it...play a little bit of EVERYTHING! Do some PvP, do some GSF, buy a Stronghold and find the decoration vendors, do Ops that form on Fleet, join GF to do some FPs, do Heroics solo or in a group, do FPs solo if you want...they drop some good decos tbh. Join a guild. Just be active - start groups, join groups...either playstyle works.

SWTOR isn't unlike any other MMO...it's easy as hell to be bored if you want to be. Nobody is going to come grab you and make you do something...it's up to you to find that thing to do.

Hell, a few weeks ago some guy was advertising his SH in planet chat...I took 10min to go see what he had done. Do stupid things like that. It's really not that hard to find things to do, but you need to look.

I wish you luck :)

Edited by TUXs

I've honestly never had this issue...here's how I do it...play a little bit of EVERYTHING! Do some PvP, do some GSF, buy a Stronghold and find the decoration vendors, do Ops that form on Fleet, join GF to do some FPs, do Heroics solo or in a group, do FPs solo if you want...they drop some good decos tbh. Join a guild. Just be active - start groups, join groups...either playstyle works.

SWTOR isn't unlike any other MMO...it's easy as hell to be bored if you want to be. Nobody is going to come grab you and make you do something...it's up to you to find that thing to do.

Hell, a few weeks ago some guy was advertising his SH in planet chat...I took 10min to go see what he had done. Do stupid things like that. It's really not that hard to find things to do, but you need to look.

I wish you luck :)

It would probably help if I found a guild in my time zone and one who uses team speak or discord. I love doing things with guild mates and not random people. I think I’m on a West cost server and I’m est.

It would probably help if I found a guild in my time zone and one who uses team speak or discord. I love doing things with guild mates and not random people. I think I’m on a West cost server and I’m est.

What server? All servers are actually located on the East Coast now, but SS is the former West coast servers, SF is the former East coast ones, so populations tend to still stick with their former zones. Oh - Imp or Pub mostly?

Edited by TUXs

It's not often that Vember and I agree on anything, but he's spot on with this.

There's literally nothing else I do in a month that only costs me $15 and gives me the hours of enjoyment in week that this game does...arguably Netflix is close, but only because season 2 of Ozark releases today...but after those 8 hours, I'll be back to thumbing through things I don't really want to watch, looking for something I wouldn't flat out hate watching. :p

Netflix, SWTOR - I always have to look behind me to see if the cops are coming, because it feels like it's stealing. Even if I don't play for an entire month, and just come to the forums, I still feel I got my sub value simply from the 600 CCs I collected and forum PvP. I have AAA titles gathering dust even though they're fully "paid up" and even free games I never even peek at. This game, with all its issues, has been an insanely good value for me end the embarrassing amount of time and money I've spent with it (well, Civ IV is prolly my biggest embarrassment of all time - I've lost years of my life with that one).

As for the OP, if there is anything there I can latch on to, it's that I don't like to see anything that limits PvP - since that's my personal playstyle of choice...