Quesh Difficulty Needs Examined

Caelib

I can't stress enough that you have to use your interrupts and stuns, especially if you are a squishy like infiltration shadow. For me it was this way since Dune Sea on Tat. If you use your CC to take a silver+ out of the fight befor eyou start, it gets easier. On the gold mobs, use your interrupts whenever they are winding up a damage dealer.

On quest I find I have to use both of my stuns, force stun and low slash, on the sith gold mobs because they hit so damned hard. But if you do it right (and really, it's not that hard, it's just forming a new habit) you'll finish the fights with plenty of health to spare.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm sry if i dont belive you. There is a huge game un balance when it comes to classes that you know about but do nothing.

When you fix PvP and make it into something else then stunlock knockback dot hell at end game then i will belive you.

Games been out for a week and you expect everything to be fixed already? Please quit and never come back.

So, I have done all of the content on every planet up to Quesh and I'm now level 40. The difficulty on this planet is far too strong and needs to be looked at. I am nearly dying in every 3-mob fight and elites are nearly impossible and I'm 4 levels above them!

Please look into it.

I left Quesh around 37, and your having issues at 40? o.0

Sounds like a you problem... no offense.

Edited by Coolmoos

Hmm sry if i dont belive you. There is a huge game un balance when it comes to classes that you know about but do nothing.

When you fix PvP and make it into something else then stunlock knockback dot hell at end game then i will belive you.

Welcome to not knowing how to PvP. When you learn how to properly PvP you'll see it's fine.

I get the impression the OP was a consular. Here's the deal, his issue is with that specific quest, not the planet. The class quest for consular takes you to a story zone with groups of multiple silvers and golds. They key that is VERY easy to overlook is that in that room, there are devices to click that will hugely reduce damage taken. It's not obvious at all, but that's what you are supposed to do. Quesh is fine.

Playing as a Sith inquistor(lightning spec), haven't had any issues with class quests/solo content so far. On Voss atm, breezed thru Quesh.

As the dev said, interrupts/stuns are good. Even if they're close ranged skills, go UP to the npc to interrupt them. It will pay off. With SI, I can use the standard interrupt, the stun, and the aoe knockback to interrupt. Works well. Good tactic to use in pvp too.

Standing in the fire (or "blue" bombing zone), and pressing "2" repeatedly doesn't mean content needs to be nerfed. Though, I'm sure the devs will look at the death statistic they have for the planet and see what areas need balancing.

So, I have done all of the content on every planet up to Quesh and I'm now level 40. The difficulty on this planet is far too strong and needs to be looked at. I am nearly dying in every 3-mob fight and elites are nearly impossible and I'm 4 levels above them!

Please look into it.

Wait until you get to Voss. If you're underleveled here, say 2-3 levels below the quest level recommendation, you're in a world of hurt against mobs of Strongs or Strong & Elite combo.

Edited by daftshadow

We're looking at this.

Turn off their area of effect abilities when you're fighting single enemies - they are not efficient for these fights

EDIT: and of course, I just checked this and I'm not seeing this behavior anymore, so this may not need to be looked at. Still wish I could chuck him out of an airlock, though. :D

Original Message Follows:

-----------

^ This is bugged, and it's one of the main reasons why I hate Qyzen Fess and stopped using that companion. You can disable the abilities (remove the green light from it in the UI), but Qyzen will continue to use them regardless. In checking his abilities I'll see that they've re-enabled themselves; this happens after every fight.

In other words:

1: Disable AoE moves

2: Double check to make sure that they are disabled.

3: Fight any mob, and watch Qyzen pop off his AoE

4: Post fight, check his abilities and see that the green light is back on.

5: Connect forehead to desk with appropriate level of thumping.

I do not click on his abilities during a fight.

As a Shadow / Crowd Controller, this was absolutely maddening. If I could shoot him out of the air lock, I would gladly do so.

Edited by StepnSteph

As a Jedi Knight (Guardian) I just finished the class quest “The Sand Demon’s Lair”. I wiped five times I think, coming within mere scratches of killing that elite. But each time, I fell short. I tried a variety of ways and means, different tactics and strategies but nothing seemed to work.

So I gave up, and drugged up. Which is what you told us to do. Instead of being the ready and capable hero, a master of his own destiny, I just became a drug users and took a battle stim. And I popped a medpac, though I probably didn’t have to. But I was so resigned, so defeated, I just couldn’t face the idea of doing that fight over again - I just wanted it done. And my victory lap as I headed out that cave? I literally ran with my head down over the keyboard, continually rethinking the fight and trying to figure out what I was supposed to do instead of taking stims.

I don’t feel like a hero. I feel like a cheater. A stim is a cheat. A medpac is a cheat. I didn’t defeat that bloody sand demon myself, I relied upon cheats to get myself through the fight and feel no pride at my accomplishment.

And most importantly, I don’t feel like a hero.

S

As a Jedi Knight (Guardian) I just finished the class quest “The Sand Demon’s Lair”. I wiped five times I think, coming within mere scratches of killing that elite. But each time, I fell short. I tried a variety of ways and means, different tactics and strategies but nothing seemed to work.

So I gave up, and drugged up. Which is what you told us to do. Instead of being the ready and capable hero, a master of his own destiny, I just became a drug users and took a battle stim. And I popped a medpac, though I probably didn’t have to. But I was so resigned, so defeated, I just couldn’t face the idea of doing that fight over again - I just wanted it done. And my victory lap as I headed out that cave? I literally ran with my head down over the keyboard, continually rethinking the fight and trying to figure out what I was supposed to do instead of taking stims.

I don’t feel like a hero. I feel like a cheater. A stim is a cheat. A medpac is a cheat. I didn’t defeat that bloody sand demon myself, I relied upon cheats to get myself through the fight and feel no pride at my accomplishment.

And most importantly, I don’t feel like a hero.

S

Medpacs and stims are items in the game, deliberately put there to give you a slight edge. Why do you feel as though using those provided items is a cheat? It's entirely possible that some encounters are designed specifically with stims & medpacs in mind, effectively making them required.

It's also entirely possible that you reached that encounter a little earlier than intended. Another level or two would have worked the same as a stim or medpac. If you were so intent on not using those items, for whatever reason, then why force yourself into that encounter? What stopped you from completing other tasks in the game to gain another level or two so that you could finish the encounter without the use of item buffs?

As a dps Vanguard I really struggle here on the side quest and I know the reason, my gear is pretty poor. I finally gave up doing them and thought I'd bang my head against the class quest and see how that went. I died once and that was down to my own stupidity (destroyed a terminal without killing the mobs in the room and it pulled all + 2 more) other then that it was very easy.

Its about time an MMO was challenging and not just a "close my eyes - walk through the park". It actually makes me happy when I get defeated just exploring or tryinging to complete a quest! I really hope the E-Z mode mobs and bosses never make it to SWtOR!

I just got to Quesh tonight with my balanced Jedi Shadow and yup, I noticed a huge spike in difficulty. Before I was always fighting a strong and two weak and am fine. But now its three strong. Or one strong, one easy and one elite. On top of that they were sith. It was insanely difficult. To pass it, I ended up turning off Quizan's aoe (which he still used at times), mind maze one strong, then focus attacks on other strong that quizan also decided to attack to get him down, then kill other strong, by that time the other strong is unmezzed and tries to kill so i force cloak out, regen, then kill last strong. However. If Quizan uses his ability that I unchecked, Im screwed. Quizan dies in seconds and I follow suite.

Its tough, and frustrating at times, but its really making me focus on my play style and try different things. Realistically, my style is more suited to sage but I didnt have enough forsight to choose that at 10, but thats cool.

In short, I think the difficulty spike does exist on quesh for a jedi shadow. Its fine, just weird. Wasnt gradual, like say two strong. Just right from one to three, and in sith form.

Well, I can't advance my class story because I cannot beat the elites and I have tried 5 or 6 times and used DPS companions and Healing companions and nothing will work.

The whole planet is too strong ... I'm four levels above the quest level and it's hard ... anyone at the target level is going to die every mob they fight.

I'm pretty sure I was below lvl when I finished Quesh and I did it on my own. Seemed pretty easy to me.

I get the impression the OP was a consular. Here's the deal, his issue is with that specific quest, not the planet. The class quest for consular takes you to a story zone with groups of multiple silvers and golds. They key that is VERY easy to overlook is that in that room, there are devices to click that will hugely reduce damage taken. It's not obvious at all, but that's what you are supposed to do. Quesh is fine.

I think this is the issue. Its one mish in particular, multiple silvers with gold and sith. Those nanobots do help, yes. That one mish is def a challenge FOR SURE. When I walked into that room and saw one gold, with one silver and one normal in one grp I thought to myself... huh? Its called 'attis station'. Guarantee thats the one:

http://www.torhead.com/mission/fpFEix

People, the mish in question is for consulars only. Unless Im mistaken. The mish is Attis station.

Fighting three 'strong' sith in one group is not 'easy'. Nor is one elite, one strong, and one normal.

The issue is that its very different than what is faced in all other mishs from lvls 1-36.

I aint sayin change it, I enjoy the challenge. Creative fighting.

Edited by RXXL