Cartel Coins not in account

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I know not to buy anything until this mess is sorted then.

Given all the issues with account/subscription status and how slow they are to fix even the smallest of problems related to this game... we could be waiting weeks for a cartel coin fix.

Given all the issues with account/subscription status and how slow they are to fix even the smallest of problems related to this game... we could be waiting weeks for a cartel coin fix.

yeah *shakes head in disappointment* I've been watching this thread, and this not being fixed.. seems I won't be buying the newer decoration bundles on the CM after all.. I don't want to stress through a fight with customer service for cartel coins I've purchased and been charged for.

You're telling me man. I don't know if it's incompetence or what? They can't seem to understand the most basic concepts surrounding business and how to retain customers. Alex Becker would have a field day with SWTOR/BioWare/EA. At this point we must ask ourselves... what's the difference between ignorance and apathy? I don't know and I don't care. Neither do the people in charge of the cartel market. :eek:

This is what the process has more or less turned into. Try giving their EA support a call.

Oh, I called them and got the same ******** run around they gave everyone else. The first time I called them they told me it was a synchronization issue. Second time "we are aware of the issue and working to fix it" blah blah blah.

I very much doubt it will "take weeks". :rolleyes:

Clearly, something went haywire last week.. and I'm sure they will get it sorted out... probably in multiple phases (ie: fix the issue, find out who did not get their coins and issue them, etc. etc.)

In the meantime.. I really think people should read and understand the terms of service for digital currency in SWTOR. http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/digitalservicesagreement In particular note that they sell digital currency "as is" and as a "license agreement" meaning all it does if give you access to content in game and you never actually own the CCs nor anything you acquire with them. They do not guarantee availability of any item, nor any price, etc. etc. You don't have to like it ( I certainly do not, and this is why I never buy CCs), but you agreed to it as part of the ToS/EULA umbrella agreement you make before they will let you log in on a player account.

Edited by Andryah

Here is a thought maybe we need to call big daddy Disney in again cause this is 100% affecting how people feel about the Star Wars brand as far as games are concerned. EA needs to have their rights taken away before there's just to much damage done. Look at how badly they have damaged things with both battlefront games being 100% just trash and this being an absolute mess right now with zero damage control being done to even mitigate any backlash. They just don't give a **** and its showing more so than ever with the Star Wars games period. Sorry EA were not Fifa,Madden or you new golden child Anthem. Which if things keep going the way they are with them pretty much telling their customers to give me your money and shut up is doomed to crash and burn.

Clearly, something went haywire last week.. and I'm sure they will get it sorted out... probably in multiple phases (ie: fix the issue, find out who did not get their coins and issue them, etc. etc.)

In the meantime.. I really think people should read and understand the terms of service for digital currency in SWTOR. http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/digitalservicesagreement In particular note that they sell digital currency "as is" and as a "license agreement" meaning all it does if give you access to content in game and you never actually own the CCs nor anything you acquire with them. They do not guarantee availability of any item, nor any price, etc. etc. You don't have to like it ( I certainly do not, and this is why I never buy CCs), but you agreed to it as part of the ToS/EULA umbrella agreement you make before they will let you log in on a player account.

I wouldn't hold your breath on the fix - you might die. :rak_01: The reason why I said that is because they have such a skeleton crew working on the game if something really complicated happened that required either a) a large patch or b) sophisticated programming to fix the issue, they would be backlogged for an eternity. And while you are right about the ToS/EULA, I'm positive there is some sort of legalese in there that can make them vulnerable. Remember - this company is based in America (EA Games) - the country where you can sue anybody for just about anything.

Edit: Let's not forget this fiasco! EA has been in trouble for something (kind of) similar in the past.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/gaming/news/hawaii-crack-predatory-loot-boxes-video-games/

Edited by CaptianFordo

If we're going to talk about laws and the ToS and Eula than we may end up in a way deeper rabbit hole of a discussion here. Cause we also have consumer protection laws look up fair credit billing act. They are not allowed to charge for goods and services not rendered which they have by taking our money and not issuing refunds on request which also falls under the consumer protection act of 2015. We have 30 days even after we receive them to get a refund if we are not satisfied with the product. So we are well within legal rights here as the goods and services we paid for have not been delivered in a reasonable amount of time and no explanation as to why they have not has been offered and refunds have been refused. So the tos and eula are pretty much useless in this case as they have already violated federal law by accepting payment without delivery of goods and services in a timely fashion.Also they did give a time frame of 24-48 hours and some of us have been well over the 48 hour time frame which for a digital transaction is well past reasonable timetable.

Once this whole thing with subscriptions and cartel coins is fixed it be cool if there was compensation such as:

• Free 30 days for all existing subs and those that tried to get a sub.
  • A free 5,500 Cartel Coins for all players.

Don't think it would happen but one can hope :D

Edited by Nightblazer

Are they still selling CC's through their websites? And continuing to not deliver?

If so, there may very well be a legal problem.

They fixed the problem it seems that caused the initial issue. The issue they need to fix is to deliver the coins to those that purchased them during the time it was occurring.

Over on the EA forums someone answered finally with another stall tactic answer and no reason actually given. I do not blame the forum mods for attempting to calm the situation so I don't hold them accountable for any of this but this stall tactic crap has gotten old. Here is the following post from the community manager.

Hey all,

I am sorry for the lack of updates. The team is still working on the issue and none of you are forgotten. It turned out to be a bit more tricky than anticipated, but it looks like we're getting there.

Hang in there and we'll give you an update as soon as we have one!

~Kat

Note no actual answer as to what the hell happened,no new time frame was given,no mention of how they are gonna make this right with players. They just basically had someone say yes we're still watching you guys get mad. More of you'll just have to wait and give us time and were telling you anything new is just going to make this worse.

I bought twice 1050 CC about two days ago and still got nothing.

Issued a support ticket, no answer either.

This is NOT helping me to trust Bioware / EA.

I received a confirmation email but I don't see it on my ledger or in the cartel market.

What should I do? Make my Jedi shadow break the 4th wall and pay them a visit?

Hey folks,

There is a little bit of a slowdown right now with cartel coins and subscriptions. The team is looking into the issue now. I'll pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

Since there is no update and tomorrow is the weeky change in the cartel market. I bought some cartel coins and until now, which is two days later, these weren't added to my account. And obviously I wanted to buy an item with thes coins. Are you intending to let the current items on sale until these problems are fixed or are we customer just left out in the cold with this?

If we're going to talk about laws and the ToS and Eula than we may end up in a way deeper rabbit hole of a discussion here. Cause we also have consumer protection laws look up fair credit billing act. They are not allowed to charge for goods and services not rendered which they have by taking our money and not issuing refunds on request which also falls under the consumer protection act of 2015. We have 30 days even after we receive them to get a refund if we are not satisfied with the product. So we are well within legal rights here as the goods and services we paid for have not been delivered in a reasonable amount of time and no explanation as to why they have not has been offered and refunds have been refused. So the tos and eula are pretty much useless in this case as they have already violated federal law by accepting payment without delivery of goods and services in a timely fashion.Also they did give a time frame of 24-48 hours and some of us have been well over the 48 hour time frame which for a digital transaction is well past reasonable timetable.

Hilarious how some people will jump up and play the "consumer rights" card in conjunction with ad hominem claims with respect to a purchase.

Clearly.. you did not actually read the digital services agreement that you must accept in order to log in to the game. Read it, comprehend it. Note: said agreement even specifically states where said services are governed in both NA and EU... as well as a separate DSA for Germany (I guess because Germany has some very specific additions to their consumer protection laws).... so it looks like they have all the bases legally covered for the countries they operate in.

As for taking your money and not providing what you agreed to purchase.... as per their ToS, and commercial law, they are only required to remedy the purchase by making good on said purchase or refunding your payment. Period.. full stop. This is pretty much standard commercial practice and law in all western nations. And again.. read the digital services agreement, because there is absolutely no stipulation on time frame as you are strongly suggesting.

TL;DR: You have the right to receive what you purchased (though you have no real rights with respect to any delays in delivery other than to cancel the order and request a refund). You have the right to a refund on a purchase as long as you meet the agreed to Services Agreement terms and conditions. And no.. you cannot simply interpret them for your convenience.... both parties must conform to commercial remedy and norms in the country the two parties operate within.

But the most interesting thing about the Digital Services Agreement in the context of CCs and the CM --> you pay money for a limited license for said purchased items... nothing more, nothing less. In other words.. you do not own what you are purchasing. Let that sink in a bit.

Since there is no update and tomorrow is the weeky change in the cartel market. I bought some cartel coins and until now, which is two days later, these weren't added to my account. And obviously I wanted to buy an item with thes coins. Are you intending to let the current items on sale until these problems are fixed or are we customer just left out in the cold with this?

Under the DSA that controls the terms for CC and CM purchases... they make absolutely no guarantee whatsoever as to when, what, and how long any CM item can and will be listed. It is all at their sole discretion.... so maybe if you are polite, reasonable, and objective in such a request.. they might use their discretion and meet your "wants".

I would expect at best, they freeze the current listings on the CM for one week.. and that would be a fair request to make to them... but again.. they are not obligated to do so.

You don't have to like it (I wouldn't)... but you did agree to it in order to make a purchase of CCs.

Edited by Andryah

Under the DSA that controls the terms for CC and CM purchases... they make absolutely no guarantee whatsoever as to when, what, and how long any CM item can and will be listed. It is all at their sole discretion.... so maybe if you are polite, reasonable, and objective in such a request.. they might use their discretion and meet your "wants".

I would expect at best, they freeze the current listings on the CM for one week.. and that would be a fair request to make to them... but again.. they are not obligated to do so.

You don't have to like it (I wouldn't)... but you did agree to it in order to make a purchase of CCs.

Or...if the CM item you want isn't still on sale, request a refund on your CCs since they weren't delivered as promised. The bigger "want" here is your money...make Bioware earn it.

I am not sure if its the same everywhere but def in UK & i would guess the rest of the EU we have section 75 of the credit agreement.

Under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act, your credit card company is jointly liable if something goes wrong with a product or a service you've paid for by credit card.

You can potentially claim for any breach of contract or misrepresentation by the company from which you’ve bought your goods.

This means your credit card company shares equal responsibility with the retailer or trader for the goods or service supplied, allowing you to put your claim to the credit card company.

You don't have to reach stalemate with the retailer or trader before you can contact your credit card provider - you can make a claim to both the retailer and credit card provider simultaneously.

Section 75 is particularly useful if the retailer or trader has gone bust, or you're getting no response to your letters or phone calls.

I am going to give it a few more days & if no response start a claim with my credit card.

Hilarious how some people will jump up and play the "consumer rights" card in conjunction with ad hominem claims with respect to a purchase.

Clearly.. you did not actually read the digital services agreement that you must accept in order to log in to the game. Read it, comprehend it. Note: said agreement even specifically states where said services are governed in both NA and EU... as well as a separate DSA for Germany (I guess because Germany has some very specific additions to their consumer protection laws).... so it looks like they have all the bases legally covered for the countries they operate in.

As for taking your money and not providing what you agreed to purchase.... as per their ToS, and commercial law, they are only required to remedy the purchase by making good on said purchase or refunding your payment. Period.. full stop. This is pretty much standard commercial practice and law in all western nations. And again.. read the digital services agreement, because there is absolutely no stipulation on time frame as you are strongly suggesting.

TL;DR: You have the right to receive what you purchased (though you have no real rights with respect to any delays in delivery other than to cancel the order and request a refund). You have the right to a refund on a purchase as long as you meet the agreed to Services Agreement terms and conditions. And no.. you cannot simply interpret them for your convenience.... both parties must conform to commercial remedy and norms in the country the two parties operate within.

But the most interesting thing about the Digital Services Agreement in the context of CCs and the CM --> you pay money for a limited license for said purchased items... nothing more, nothing less. In other words.. you do not own what you are purchasing. Let that sink in a bit.

Here's the thing the people who paid have filled their side of the contract as payment was taken from there accounts EA, however, has not filled there side of the contract. I know a little about this as I am in a legal battle over a motorcycle I paid for and the previous owner is refusing to surrender the title after payment was received and has refused to refund me my money as well. So I am pretty damn familiar with this sort of thing. They have 30 days max to either issue refunds give what was advertised and paid for or they fall under criminal law as theft by deception and false advertisement with the intent to deceive. The TOS is supposed to be the legally binding contract that says yes you agree to the terms we set forth to play this game and is designed to protect both parties if there is no 100% in writing time limit it is 30 days according to the Federal Trade Commision. They must also provide notice of why we have not received said product. They very much did receive our payments and have also given an expected time frame of 24-48 hours. So once they took our money they started the clock and once they gave a time frame they failed to meet and have flat out refused refunds they violated their own TOS. That's why they changed a **** ton of stuff concerning the digital side of things in 2015. This is what the FTC has set as there guidlines for a company sellign anything.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/business-guide-ftcs-mail-internet-or-telephone-order

What is the Mail, Internet, or Telephone Order Rule?

The Rule requires that when you advertise merchandise, you must have a reasonable basis for stating or implying that you can ship within a certain time. If you make no shipment statement, you must have a reasonable basis for believing that you can ship within 30 days. That is why direct marketers sometimes call this the "30-day Rule."

If, after taking the customer’s order, you learn that you cannot ship within the time you stated or within 30 days, you must seek the customer’s consent to the delayed shipment. If you cannot obtain the customer’s consent to the delay -- either because it is not a situation in which you are permitted to treat the customer’s silence as consent and the customer has not expressly consented to the delay, or because the customer has expressly refused to consent -- you must, without being asked, promptly refund all the money the customer paid you for the unshipped merchandise.

So let's review this 1) payment was received .2) Goods were not delivered in the time frame they gave.3)They have refused requested refunds. All of which right off the bat is all violations which any good lawyer could rip the TOS to shreds based off federal law. They are a North American company and the last time I checked were subject to federal laws. So the TOS is a paper vest in a shootout at most. And as I said before this will turn into a deeper rabbit hole of a discussion than solving the issue at hand. Which it clearly has now if you'd like to continue this discussion message me and I'd like to continue this debte as I enjoy a good debte and clearly you are not someone who will pull some kid level crap and turn it into a name calling playground crap. You sir have my respect and my attention.

I am going to give it a few more days & if no response start a claim with my credit card.

Just be aware that a refund initiated by your credit card will place a block on the swtor account and you will not be able to login, it is best to process any refunds via Swtor CS.

Edited by OwenBrooks

Technical issues happen - got no problem with that per se

But what irks me is the silent treatment :(:mad:

- here on the forum: last news were from Eric on Friday (!)

- on the EA help forum: last update was 12 hours ago ...

- and still no CC, no news, no ETA, nothing

My patience is starting to run out :mon_evil:

So let's review this 1) payment was received .2) Goods were not delivered in the time frame they gave.3)They have refused requested refunds. All of which right off the bat is all violations which any good lawyer could rip the TOS to shreds based off federal law. They are a North American company and the last time I checked were subject to federal laws. So the TOS is a paper vest in a shootout at most. And as I said before this will turn into a deeper rabbit hole of a discussion than solving the issue at hand. Which it clearly has now if you'd like to continue this discussion message me and I'd like to continue this debte as I enjoy a good debte and clearly you are not someone who will pull some kid level crap and turn it into a name calling playground crap. You sir have my respect and my attention.

I don't doubt a good attorney can make a case here. Heck, were this to persist, one could even bring a class action. But it won't persist. It won't ever reach litigation. Why? Because despite any consumer protection laws, contract laws, or the like you can cite, the most important thing to businesses like these is consumer goodwill. In the end, that's a far greater motivator to do what's right than any fear of lawsuits (and I assure you, the EA attorneys would rank this issue as #10,765 at best on their list of concerns). There's no scam here, no intent to defraud - nothing to gain by perpetuating this.

The bottom line is it's bad business practice to have glitches like these go unresolved for too long (and to keep silent) -- and so for primarily that reason, I suspect this will be fixed soon and everyone will get more or less what they bargained for...