Cartel Coins not in account

The more likely outcome is that a lot of people will be discouraged from buying coins in future. I'll never buy any again because in principle they have treated me poorly and ignored my tickets. I considered this a grave breach of trust and very poor customer service, they couldn't even be bothered to send me an email giving an ETA of when I will get my refund/coins. Also it's likely the thing I wanted to buy will disappear so I wont be able to buy it. If I had a choice I would take my business elsewhere, unfortunately, this is the only SW MMO.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't doubt a good attorney can make a case here. Heck, were this to persist, one could even bring a class action. But it won't persist. It won't ever reach litigation. Why? Because despite any consumer protection laws, contract laws, or the like you can cite, the most important thing to businesses like these is consumer goodwill. In the end, that's a far greater motivator to do what's right than any fear of lawsuits (and I assure you, the EA attorneys would rank this issue as #10,765 at best on their list of concerns). There's no scam here, no intent to defraud - nothing to gain by perpetuating this.

The bottom line is it's bad business practice to have glitches like these go unresolved for too long (and to keep silent) -- and so for primarily that reason, I suspect this will be fixed soon and everyone will get more or less what they bargained for...

Yep yep. :)

They certainly do not want something to demoralize their cash stream from CC purchases.. so they will definitely make things right for every affected account holder as quickly as they can do so.

Timing wise though... some people want their remedy NOW.. even though there is no reasonable commercial law nor fair practice in consumer practices that guarantees such a thing when there is clearly a glitch or other failure in the transaction.

This is always the risk when buying anything...... something goes wrong with the order.. and you do not get what you purchased when you expected to receive it. This current issue is essentially a variation on the "lost in shipment" scenario (which is actually one of the most common of complaints). The merchant is required to remedy the situation, within reasonable bounds and in a timely manner.... but some peoples definition of "timely" =/= match commercially accepted practices in the industry.

Edited by Andryah

Bought some coins last week, the first batch came instantly, second purchase made later that afternoon is still MIA. Put in a ticket, got the "You should call us" reply and a closed ticket. Called, was told 24-48hrs. I just got off the phone with Customer Service, and she flat out told me they have no time frame for this being fixed, "Still being investigated". She said she hoped it was fixed soon, and the poor woman sounded like she'd had nothing but calls about cartel coins. (Remember! It's not these poor peoples fault! Be nice!) However she did say a refund was possible if I wanted to go that route, so if you want one, you should be able to call in and get it. As for the excuse to a lack of any kind of update or response all I got was "The weekend" which I understand. I guess. I'm going to give it another few days myself, but If we could get some kind of update, that'd be nice.

Yep yep. :)

They certainly do not want something to demoralize their cash stream from CC purchases.. so they will definitely make things right for every affected account holder as quickly as they can do so.

Timing wise though... some people want their remedy NOW.. even though there is no reasonable commercial law nor fair practice in consumer practices that guarantees such a thing when there is clearly a glitch or other failure in the transaction.

This is always the risk when buying anything...... something goes wrong with the order.. and you do not get what you purchased when you expected to receive it. This current issue is essentially a variation on the "lost in shipment" scenario (which is actually one of the most common of complaints). The merchant is required to remedy the situation, within reasonable bounds and in a timely manner.... but some peoples definition of "timely" =/= match commercially accepted practices in the industry.

Yep. It's super frustrating. No one is saying people don't have a right to be upset - I would be. But this hasn't (yet) reached the level of a legal scandal. This right below is the bigger concern if I'm them:

The more likely outcome is that a lot of people will be discouraged from buying coins in future. I'll never buy any again because in principle they have treated me poorly and ignored my tickets. I considered this a grave breach of trust and very poor customer service, they couldn't even be bothered to send me an email giving an ETA of when I will get my refund/coins. Also it's likely the thing I wanted to buy will disappear so I wont be able to buy it. If I had a choice I would take my business elsewhere, unfortunately, this is the only SW MMO.

Think how gnarly of a bug this must be - to stop the main income generation method dead in it's tracks? For several days too? I was just ready to lift my personal CC ban thanks to the recent announcements, but I haven't been playing.

Still, I won't touch CC purchases for a while until this is fixed and I had confirmation elsewhere that all was working.

This is probably not something small (or else it would have been fixed, one can only assume). It's likely that this either uncovered other bugs/technical debt that they now reluctantly have to deal with, or they really are truly running such a skeleton crew that there is only like one person available to even look at this (as bad as things have gotten, I doubt this is the case)...

I received an email follow up on my ticket and called them. I was told regarding refunds, I would have to wait until I got the cartel coins. I said, like Anaken. "What did you say...?" :mad:

The cartel system is working for me now, 6/10/18 But I will not use it again in Star Wars. Only GW2 game. No issues.

Edited by JediMasterMDJ

I received the same email today and called as well. Just got off the phone with support. I was told they are aware there was a problem and they are currently working on it, but have no eta regarding when coins purchased will be delivered to accounts.

As of now it looks like its just a waiting game.

Yep. It's super frustrating. No one is saying people don't have a right to be upset - I would be. But this hasn't (yet) reached the level of a legal scandal. This right below is the bigger concern if I'm them:

Think how gnarly of a bug this must be - to stop the main income generation method dead in it's tracks? For several days too? I was just ready to lift my personal CC ban thanks to the recent announcements, but I haven't been playing.

Still, I won't touch CC purchases for a while until this is fixed and I had confirmation elsewhere that all was working.

This is probably not something small (or else it would have been fixed, one can only assume). It's likely that this either uncovered other bugs/technical debt that they now reluctantly have to deal with, or they really are truly running such a skeleton crew that there is only like one person available to even look at this (as bad as things have gotten, I doubt this is the case)...

I do agree with both you and Andryah that this isn't to that level just that this can and could escalate to that level given that EA has consistently chased the money. I do have a more personal reason to my anger with them. I had plans with my daughters who play the game with me and were the sole reason for my purchase and it completely screwed the planes we had. For people without children your probably going well go do something else with them,why are you playing a game with them. The answer is they look forward to that time with me as they get to choose everything I do in the game and they both love Star Wars so for us it is a big deal. Try and explain to a 3yr old and a 10yr old why you cant buy them the thing you said you would. If you have children then you know how and why the anger builds as quickly as it does. My 3rd old is so into it she wears the stormtrooper helmet I have while I play it. Yes I know there is no stormtroopers in the game but all she knows its Star Wars and all the ones she has seen has them. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1k0K26i-PE47oElHaBOZBgSVXqZrtRYza And that's why I got so pissed off and am still pissed.(The helmet is 3d printed and was a work in progress that's why it's blue and yellow)

I received the same email today and called as well. Just got off the phone with support. I was told they are aware there was a problem and they are currently working on it, but have no eta regarding when coins purchased will be delivered to accounts.

As of now it looks like its just a waiting game.

they probably just cannot find any intern willing to distribute all purchased CC to the appropriate accounts manually :rolleyes:

There are probably some fake reports / CS tickets as well from scammers trying to get free CC out of this. So they have to go through all of these one by one to see who is ledgitmate and who is fake.

That will unfortunately make it take longer than if there weren’t idiots like that.

There are probably some fake reports / CS tickets as well from scammers trying to get free CC out of this. So they have to go through all of these one by one to see who is ledgitmate and who is fake.

That will unfortunately make it take longer than if there weren’t idiots like that.

and how will these scammers get free CC out of it?! do you really think BW will compensate us for the delay!? - thanks for the laugh, I needed it :D

but honestly: they just have to check all the CC purchased in that specific time frame and link it to the appropriate accounts and then grant the CC - heck, I'd do it, if they asked me, cannot be that hard :rolleyes:

and how will these scammers get free CC out of it?! do you really think BW will compensate us for the delay!? - thanks for the laugh, I needed it :D

but honestly: they just have to check all the CC purchased in that specific time frame and link it to the appropriate accounts and then grant the CC - heck, I'd do it, if they asked me, cannot be that hard :rolleyes:

/sigh

If CS did not check every ticket and just gave them to everyone who lodged a ticket, the scammers would get CCs.

Scammers know this and try anyway just incase someone doesn’t do their job properly or it’s taking too long to get through all the tickets and they just do it to appease ledgitmate people complaining they haven’t received them yet.

If you can’t follow that logic, then I’m glad I gave you a good laugh. I too had one at your response,

/sigh

If CS did not check every ticket and just gave them to everyone who lodged a ticket, the scammers would get CCs.

Scammers know this and try anyway just incase someone doesn’t do their job properly or it’s taking too long to get through all the tickets and they just do it to appease ledgitmate people complaining they haven’t received them yet.

If you can’t follow that logic, then I’m glad I gave you a good laugh. I too had one at your response,

sorry, if I made you sigh - but no need to attack me :( (I just want my cc and the silent treatment doesn't help)

and of course they would have to check every claim - but they don't because CS doesn't grant the CCs: I contacted CS (very friendly guy, very sympathetic) - he told me (on sunday) that the problem is resolved and that they now just need to reconnect the purchases to the appropriate accounts so-to-speak - hopefully by just pressing a button in the end (so scammers can scam all they want)

alas, now I am sighing :( : let's just hope it happens very fast and everyone gets their purchased CC

Personally been waiting over five days now BW should have shut the stuff down when it started not let it go as long as they did. And now they want more time I will call them again in the morning do to I gave them all weekend to fix this mess. I and I am very surprised as big as EA is they still cant get stuff done. Guess they are to busy trying to recover form their last screw up with the other SW game that tanked their stock last time.

I ordered 2 lots of CC, thought i pressed something wrong & when it did not work ordered again. My own fault am not bothered that I order twice I will use the CC eventually.

What i did notice is that on both purchase confirmation's the order number was the same, am wondering if this is the problem they are having if all orders made at time same time had the exact same order number making it a lot harder to trace the orders.

Personally been waiting over five days now BW should have shut the stuff down when it started not let it go as long as they did. And now they want more time I will call them again in the morning do to I gave them all weekend to fix this mess. I and I am very surprised as big as EA is they still cant get stuff done. Guess they are to busy trying to recover form their last screw up with the other SW game that tanked their stock last time.

Exactly! Why was the system still allowed to take everyones money after all the other people got burned?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Cartel-Coins/m-p/6857038#M43054

"Hi guys and gals.

I know it looks like nothing is happening, but there has been progression in the investigation over the last few days, even though you don't see or hear about it.

New purchases made after Saturday 08:00 UTC should be working and getting delivered normally, but the affected purchases from the 7th-9th are still being worked on.

Needless to say, your ongoing patience is greatly appreciated."

I hope everyone gets their coins. I can confirm that it was working this weekend. I did a small purchase just to check to see if it was working again.

I'd just like to add, it is instances like this that made me use paypal for pretty much everything. If a site doesn't use paypal I won't purchase. They have a buyers protection, and in the instance of this issue you could file a claim with them that you have not received the goods you purchased and get your money refunded. They in turn will get that money back from the company in question.

I'd just like to add, it is instances like this that made me use paypal for pretty much everything. If a site doesn't use paypal I won't purchase. They have a buyers protection, and in the instance of this issue you could file a claim with them that you have not received the goods you purchased and get your money refunded. They in turn will get that money back from the company in question.

Thing is.. this is also true with using your credit card too.

AND... AND... if you do contest a charge via Paypal.... guess what... you will see the same exact affect as if you did a charge back with a credit card ----> your account will be locked for what looks like an attempt at fraud. Note: I am not saying anyone is defrauding... but polices like this are in place because bad people in the past have indeed used things like this to try to defraud a business. So.. be warned... do not commit any form of charge back on any MMO unless you are ready to walk away from the MMO.

I get that you are frustrated and impatient.. but you really need to listen to Trixxie on this and stop all the counter-narratives. People can and do try to scam any incident or issue in MMOs... so the studio must actually verify every claim. With thousands of claims likely for something like this.... they are probably working on a script that will read the log files and auto-credit any uncredited CCs that were purchased. Because doing it manually will introduce human error. And with a script.. you have to write it, test it, debug it, or you introduce additional layers of error and just piss people off even more. This takes time, and with test and debugging.. it's not done until it's done.. so any ETAs shared will likely be wrong.

While none of us know the exact issue that triggered this (we only know the resulting symptom)... the studio would very likely first work on eliminating the trigger (which clearly they have done given purchases now work), then begin to sort through all transactions AND verify which were actually issued to a player VS those that got lost in the transaction process somewhere. This takes time to do correctly, and like it or not.. they are under no obligation to provide you with step by step details on what they are doing to resolve this issue FOR ALL AFFECTED PLAYERS.

It's not just about you. ;)

Read the updates at the EA support site for this MMO (the forum here is no longer an actual issue support site for this MMO) ...... so Nightblazer does not have to keep spoonfeeding you with their updates in communications. ;)

Edited by Andryah

I have just accepted that were not going to get told a damn thing and there's no point of even being pissed off anymore as they clearly don't give a ****. We have been met every damn step of the way with excuses and no real answers and they have left the doors wide open to speculation as to what happened. I'm guessing it wasn't a small issue at this point and it wasn't just some technical hiccup seeing as how the time frame is pretty damn specific and they never shut the transaction system off even after being informed of the issue and all new purchases are going thru without issue. So that leads me to believe that something isolated and specific happened. Best guess a security breach and that's what is taking so long for them to verify what information got taken which if that's the case they are working their *** off to ensure none of our information is compromised and I'm fine with the wait time then. All I want is peace of mind as to what the hell actually took place and if I need to contact my bank. I'm not saying that's what took place but its a pretty likely thing considering how common of an occurrence this is with any e-transactions that take place.

Andryah is right people will try and take advantage of a situation and it will take a long time for them to wade thru the real and fake reports and the more fake ones they get the longer it will take.

Edited by DarkZeroBane
More information after post.

Thing is.. this is also true with using your credit card too.

AND... AND... if you do contest a charge via Paypal.... guess what... you will see the same exact affect as if you did a charge back with a credit card ----> your account will be locked for what looks like an attempt at fraud. Note: I am not saying anyone is defrauding... but polices like this are in place because bad people in the past have indeed used things like this to try to defraud a business. So.. be warned... do not commit any form of charge back on any MMO unless you are ready to walk away from the MMO.

Anyone that purchased CC on those days that haven't received them are well within their rights to process a claim. Specifically considering the process is darn near instantaneous when it isn't bugged out. With Paypal I only expose my cc information to them.. And honestly with Biowares track record of bugs etc et al.. I trust paypal more than I trust them.

Anyone that purchased CC on those days that haven't received them are well within their rights to process a claim. Specifically considering the process is darn near instantaneous when it isn't bugged out. With Paypal I only expose my cc information to them.. And honestly with Biowares track record of bugs etc et al.. I trust paypal more than I trust them.

You are essentially correct, but there is a right way and a wrong way to go about this.. and my comments accordingly were to help players avoid some grief by going directly to the chargeback approach.

If you do issue a charge back via your credit card, or via Paypal... your account will be locked as a matter of known policy. Don't believe me.... see prior posts from Owen and others regarding said policy. Which is why Paypal or any credit card company will encourage you to negotiate a resolution directly with the merchant.. and treat a chargeback as a last resort. Nobody is there yet... because nobody has demonstrated an actual failure on the part of the studio to resolve the issue... only a time delay in resolution.

Please do not encourage players to jump to the chargeback pathway ahead of working a resolution with the studio here... because all it will do is cause them grief in the form of a locked account.. which depending on appeal, may or may not ever get reopened. It is unfortunate, but players have over the years tried to scam MMO studios and other merchants with the chargeback approach... and basically forced various studios hands in putting a strict policy on account access in the face of chargebacks (chargebacks of any kind).

Specific to Paypal, it's really no different than how your credit card company handles a dispute process:

In most cases, the easiest way to settle a dispute is for buyers and sellers to connect, figure out what happened, and work together to solve it. When this happens, usually no holds are placed on accounts, and customers are kept happy.

However, when buyers and sellers can’t come to an agreement, PayPal Dispute Resolution helps them arrive at a solution. We make it easy for buyers and sellers to quickly and efficiently track, manage, and resolve disputes.

Once a buyer begins the dispute resolution process, we put a hold on that transaction’s funds until things are resolved. If the Buyer and Seller can’t reach an agreement, the dispute can be escalated to a Claim. Then we’ll investigate and make a ruling.

- https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/security/seller-dispute-resolution Edited by Andryah

You are essentially correct, but there is a right way and a wrong way to go about this.. and my comments accordingly were to help players avoid some grief by going directly to the chargeback approach.

If you do issue a charge back via your credit card, or via Paypal... your account will be locked as a matter of known policy. Don't believe me.... see prior posts from Owen and others regarding said policy. Which is why Paypal or any credit card company will encourage you to negotiate a resolution directly with the merchant.. and treat a chargeback as a last resort. Nobody is there yet... because nobody has demonstrated an actual failure on the part of the studio to resolve the issue... only a time delay in resolution.

Please do not encourage players to jump to the chargeback pathway ahead of working a resolution with the studio here... because all it will do is cause them grief in the form of a locked account.. which depending on appeal, may or may not ever get reopened. It is unfortunate, but players have over the years tried to scam MMO studios and other merchants with the chargeback approach... and basically forced various studios hands in putting a strict policy on account access in the face of chargebacks (chargebacks of any kind).

He's 100% dead on with that as that's what happened with Naruto Online when people did a chargeback they locked the account till you repaid the back charged amount or in some cases just flat out ban it and you were out all the of the work and in some cases money you had put into the account. Depending on your bank you might not get anything back period. I wouldn't back charge if you plan to continue to play this game at any point after this unless you enjoy starting over from scratch. That's why I haven't requested a refund I've already made too many bad choices out of anger when it comes to this and I don't need to add a fight with my bank to the list either and I doubt you want to either.