Planned Warzone Changes

EricMusco

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did I ever say that. My point was if you are being farmed by running one by one into a node to stop a cap, you should be punished for this. This is, a bad play. Good plays would be going to fight with your team or ninja capping nodes. Being slaughtered at a node over and over again should not be a viable tactic. Make deaths matter would force players to play as a team, out think the enemy and actually learn how to use their cds. That is what makes good pvp matches, not being farmed 100 deaths to 0. That would be like you said, “using your brain” not making a warzone a dying simulator.

I agree with this. I misunderstood your original post as advocating for kill farming, Hottie, and I'll apologize for that.

???????????

When did I ever say that. My point was if you are being farmed by running one by one into a node to stop a cap, you should be punished for this. This is, a bad play. Good plays would be going to fight with your team or ninja capping nodes. Being slaughtered at a node over and over again should not be a viable tactic. Make deaths matter would force players to play as a team, out think the enemy and actually learn how to use their cds. That is what makes good pvp matches, not being farmed 100 deaths to 0. That would be like you said, “using your brain” not making a warzone a dying simulator.

This is entirely preventable already though. If there's someone able to continually kamikaze into the node capper for so long that it wins them the match then the team doing the farming is playing very poorly and rightly should be punished. All they have to do is intercept the respawns before they get close enough to the capper. The only map this might be a thing on anymore is Voidstar since the respawns come out right next to the doors for the first two rooms, but even then spam CC'ing them as they come out is usually enough. And even if it's not and you don't get the door your team will still win via kills as long as you properly guard yours. So I'm not seeing how kills need to matter more than they already do.

This changes really works for me. FINALLY stupid players who play pvp only for DPS will more care about objectives. With this changes im sure republic side will be more determinate to win the match better than ever. I have to admit this is first good news from last ... year what i read.

- here we go .. first who cry and play only for damage and be happy after losed match with 5 mvp near his/her nickname. Objectives points? Near 0.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander

::::waves::: Hi, I'm Grim. All pubs must die, preferably at my hands. Did I mention I am a Darklord of the Sith and I have some trouble with objectives because I have a lightsaber in BOTH of my hands at all times?

I think perhaps you are a little confused about who will be crying if the changes regarding player deaths will lesson the score. People like myself have no intention whatsoever of playing it safer than we already do. Now if you mind players dieing effecting the score as is being proposed and I continue to play as a currently do without regard for these silly unnecessary changes to objectives, which one of us do you think will be more likely to be upset?

I'm not saying that objectivces are unimportant and they should always be ignored in favor of DPS, and I think that more or less I find ways to be useful to my team by helping it as best I can with it's martial needs [guarding the door so no bombs get set, responding to calls for enemies attacking a node, attacking a node to take it for my team, ect.], because quite honestly, I'm not all that good with objectives and I think I can do more good for my team by utilizing that area of play where I have more experience [fighting]..

Thing is, I don't play Warzones for the zone part, I play them for the War part. Which, is similarly why I chose to play a Carnage Marauder and not a tank or a healer. I feel no shame whatsoever in saying, I like to fight, I like to hurt people, I like to kill people even more. Killing pubs is my unquestionable preference, but, in a pinch, I'll kill whoever's names are red.

Operatives, Assassins, Snipers, Sorcs, they're good at objectives. When was the last time you saw a Anni mara or a DPS Jugg guarding a node alone? Ya know why you don't see that very often? Because they suck *** at it and they are begging to have the node taken from them.

When was the last time you saw a healer and a DPS Sorc try and take a node from the enemy team? Assuming you answer would likely be 'not in a long time' i would respond to that with, that's because they suck at attacking and taking nodes.

I picked a Carnage Marauder to play because as shocking as it may seem to you to choose one because I like fighting, that's exactly why I did pick it.

Let me assure you that I and others that might share my view will not be crying when the team loses those two points do to my [thier] death. Not only will I not be crying, I will already be planning my next sortie to meet the enemy head on while I'm in the respawn area clawing at the force field that is pissing me off because it's preventing me from attacking anyone still.

I don't need to be on the team that win's the match in order to have fun, and having fun is the very friggen reason I play games, strange as that might sound. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't behoove you your right to see it in the way that you do, I funny support your right to see it the way you do, but respectfully, I don't care how you see it.

I'm an not going to complain about the way you like to play but something tells me you won't respond with the same courtesy. To that I can only say -

the Lion does not concern himself with the opinions of sheep. After all, all's fair in love and war.

P.S. The Alliance is over, War is a coming between the Republic and the Empire again. Maybe the Republic will try and win that war by scoring goals, think it's likely however that the Empire will try and win it by taking heads. [that's my brand =]]

::::waves::: Hi, I'm Grim. All pubs must die, preferably at my hands. Did I mention I am a Darklord of the Sith and I have some trouble with objectives because I have a lightsaber in BOTH of my hands at all times?

I didn't read the rest of your post because now I'm laughing too hard. That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

Grim: "I keep TRYING to press this damn button, but instead my lightsaber just rips the console apart!" :D

I think perhaps you are a little confused about who will be crying if the changes regarding player deaths will lesson the score.

I think, actually, this whole "2 points per death" thing has gotten blown WAY out of proportion. We (several of us, not just you and I) seem to have taken it as a personal statement, one way or the other, on the value of kills vs. objectives. But in the original post, and in a follow up, Eric has said the main point is to make that one WZ (Yavin) end quicker and differentiate it a bit from ACW, and that the 2 points is not really expected to make a significant difference in the score.

I know you addressed the "shorter warzones" goal in your first post (and so did I, and a few others). Seems to me that *THAT* is what we should be taking from the '2 points per kill" thing, and continuing to ask "why shorter WZs" until maybe we get an answer?

Agreed. I dont like this change at all. I fear people will be harassed even more than they already are.

Just do what I'll do. Not care.

They want to make stupid unnecessary changes to PVP, that's on them. Bad enough we have to have every WZ filled with cross faction BS now they want to change another thing.

I've expended my willingness to adapt to stupid changes forced on players. I'll swallow the pub thing for the sake of the game and republic players needing the consideration because of population issues. Nobody asked for all these other changes. Maybe if they didn't keep changing my spec every three minutes with nerfs I'd be more willing.

Loss of points because of death, not even going to enter the equation for me. I'm not changing my play style, they already forced that on me this meta once. That's my limit. I don't care what it means.

Agreed. I dont like this change at all. I fear people will be harassed even more than they already are.

Every three seconds that will happen. This will cause whole new bucketloads of toxicity in PVP without question and will also ensure that people who were interested in PVP or new to it are going to be scared off from it because people will be yelling at ************ at them for dieing. The fact that it was because 3 snipers all who had you slowed and stranded in plasma probe effects for 10 minutes straight no one will likely even know or care, they will just start flaming. This will hurt PVP considerably. No question.

It won't be so bad for people who have already proven themselves, I'm sure i'll get some heat but people who know me will know why and its not because of skill issues, but for people who are new or timid, this will run them off it droves. This will hurt PVP population very badly.

This all looks good to me.

I do feel that some games could drag on too long. For example, in Novare Coast, until one team takes 2/3 of the launchers, the game could theoretically never end. Voidstar games where nobody gets past the first door are pretty lame. I also feel that Huttball games take way too long when neither team gets to six.

Regarding Huttball in general, I think that some of the bugged moves (with operative roll being the poster child) ruin the game. I find myself quitting Huttball now. Since the US servers all moved east (and my ping went from 40ms to 120ms - 250ms), it definitely seems like these bugs are worse.

Regarding dps vs objectives, I think it's pretty clear that 8v8 were designed for objective play, arenas for dps/hps number farming. If one team ignores objectives and just farms at mid, they absolutely should get rekt by the "lesser" team that is good at objective play.

Edited by teclado

This is entirely preventable already though. If there's someone able to continually kamikaze into the node capper for so long that it wins them the match then the team doing the farming is playing very poorly and rightly should be punished. All they have to do is intercept the respawns before they get close enough to the capper. The only map this might be a thing on anymore is Voidstar since the respawns come out right next to the doors for the first two rooms, but even then spam CC'ing them as they come out is usually enough. And even if it's not and you don't get the door your team will still win via kills as long as you properly guard yours. So I'm not seeing how kills need to matter more than they already do.

This. Again, if you cant kill farm fast enough to effectively cap... maybe you shouldn't win via kill farming

I agree with this. I misunderstood your original post as advocating for kill farming, Hottie, and I'll apologize for that.

Honestly i still dont see her point if its not kills don't matter enough. If you are in fsct getting killed 100 to 0, you are either losing or the team that is farming is ignoring objectives.

Even in a 1-1 situation in civil war, if they can farm that well they should be able to either kill fasy enough to get mid or send some of their superior dps off to get another node, no?

Edited by KendraP

If you want deaths to matter then you should be playing arenas. That's the entire point of them. The 8v8 warzones were designed for objective play. The team that's slaughtering the other team SHOULD - and often does - win. The only thing stopping them is if they don't pay proper attention to the objectives. It's not the team who's dying magically pulling out an undeserved win, it's the team that's in control throwing away the win because they got greedy and/or don't know how to CC. The win goes to the team that played the objectives better, whether that's through killing the other team to take control (and then maintaining control) or exploiting the other team's weaknesses in protecting their nodes.

Not to mention having deaths matter more just makes class balance and matchmaking issues glaringly more obvious.

You gonna take the cheaters, exploiters, backfillers and wintraders out of them so people could get a fair shake or you just wanna use that as a strawman response that in essence says "sucks to be you"?

Guess what, I'm staying in regs and I'm playing like I have for the last year. You clear out all the cheaters and exploiters and than I'll leave you to your 'only objectives' WZ format.

Out heal, out dps and out survive the other team while doing objectives is what good pvp warzones should be about.

"Should be" and who says what "should be"? I'm gonna take a wild guess and say It's you.

I don't think that's all WARzones should be about, and they sure ain't going to be for me.

"Should be" and who says what "should be"? I'm gonna take a wild guess and say It's you.

I don't think that's all WARzones should be about, and they sure ain't going to be for me.

If a human zerg wall is good enough for our Russian overlords to have used at Stalingrad, than darnit it's good enough for me to use to keep you from capping that node!

If a human zerg wall is good enough for our Russian overlords to have used at Stalingrad, than darnit it's good enough for me to use to keep you from capping that node!

Maybe someone should write a guide on CC'ing incoming kamikazes off the node... perhaps with a stealth class with a sap ability.

Maybe someone should write a guide on CC'ing incoming kamikazes off the node... perhaps with a stealth class with a sap ability.

Or you know, with awe, carbonize, or if it really is "one by one" with any general stun or knockback ability just long enough to prevent the cap.

Oh wait, that lowers my dps!

I think, actually, this whole "2 points per death" thing has gotten blown WAY out of proportion. We (several of us, not just you and I) seem to have taken it as a personal statement, one way or the other, on the value of kills vs. objectives. But in the original post, and in a follow up, Eric has said the main point is to make that one WZ (Yavin) end quicker and differentiate it a bit from ACW, and that the 2 points is not really expected to make a significant difference in the score.

I know you addressed the "shorter warzones" goal in your first post (and so did I, and a few others). Seems to me that *THAT* is what we should be taking from the '2 points per kill" thing, and continuing to ask "why shorter WZs" until maybe we get an answer?

Hey look, it is doesn't effect things as dramtically as it seems it might that I really don't care. I just don't feel at this point I'm gonna start wanting to change my play style of 6 years because they decided to add a new unrequested change to something that wasn't a problem. If people aren't gonna be ************ at people because they are fighting or not adhereing to changes no one asked for than I'm totally find with it.

If this is going to start flame wars and add more toxicity than there already is we can forget about ever attracting new players to PVP and that is the last thing we need right now. What good is it if it scares new players off? If it intimadates prospective players who have been thinking about starting to PVP because they see people screaming at others on fleet because "they died and cost the team points". Who's gonna be in charge of watching the circumstances of every death that occurs to see if it it was 'preventible" or "unnecessary"? That's a big problem than.

Some guy will say "I didn't have a choice" and some one else will say "Yes you did, you just suck" and that's where it will stay it won't go any further than that. That's not going to endear people to PVP. We don't need more toxicity in PVP we need less. Its a friggen video game and I'll be damned if I'm gonna sweat a video game. The idea is to have fun and to my mind winning and fun are not necessarily the same thing. Truth is, I could care less of my team wins or loses, if it was fun it was fun, win or loss. I don't ignore objectives but I don't priortize them either above all else. I see the healer under attack, I'm helping the healer and screw the ball. It's a friggen Warzone, not a sporting event heh

Edit: Man I can't spell at all, sorry for all the errors

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Or you know, with awe, carbonize, or if it really is "one by one" with any general stun or knockback ability just long enough to prevent the cap.

Oh wait, that lowers my dps!

Obviously the tooltip should read "Stops incoming kamikazes"

[

That's why i spam force stun on cooldown.

And here i thought that was to slow down the 5 fury maras chasing you long enough to heal me! Who'd have thought?

Damage too? :::ears perk up::: I like the sound of that!

Cry havoc and let slip the Dogs of War!!!!!!

Lol right? Number farm and objectives, win-win!

Edited by KendraP

I guess I'm in the minority in that I actually don't mind guarding nodes. (Okay, I get bored sometimes because all the fighting is going on over there and I want in on it after enough time effectively standing around and twiddling my thumbs.) So I'll just be that sorc or whatever over there making sure it stays where it belongs and fighting off anyone who goes for it to buy time for someone from my team to get to it to help curbstomp them.