Planned Warzone Changes

EricMusco

Did I tell you that I finally completed my Underworld Remnant Knight set for my Jedi? I firmly believe that set makes me play better. :p

Try getting the hood down version... it takes so many crates! I also prefer the republic logo belt buckle that drops from command crates, i cant get the underworld one to dye well.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a self heal AND a reflect, what else do you want ... your reflect to heal you as well?!?

You mean, i want my tank to be almost as survivable as a merc dps... oh the horror! XD

totally not bitter about mercs getting reflect.... not at all ;)

You mean, i want my tank to be almost as survivable as a merc dps... oh the horror! XD

I bet your reflect does heal, it just doesn't know who to spell your toon name to target you!

Just wait until they take your reflect away completely, and leave it with just mercs. Then you'll know how shadows feel about phase walk. :p

Hey folks,

As Keith mentioned in the roadmap we are looking to make some Warzone changes this year, starting in July. It is our plan to try to get these on PTS as well, but before we get to that point we wanted to get your opinion on our plans. Below you will find the changes along with our goal for these changes. Let us know your thoughts...................................

-eric

Here are my thoughts Eric. Since you are giving us the choices of pvp maps to play (something the pvp community has been begging for since LAUNCH) we are all very happy about this change but with the population of the game being at its current state, the choosing of a pvp map will more than likely result in longer wait times.

On the topic of specific map changes, the best move BW can do to help the PVP is to DELETE that huge piece of crap map called Odessen Proving Grounds. It is by far the poorest design map and one that is least enjoying to play. You will see the number of times people queue up for this debacle of a map and the data will back up my statement once you implement the choosing of maps.

Sincerely,

OG Zor

Edited by LordZore

Just wait until they take your reflect away completely, and leave it with just mercs. Then you'll know how shadows feel about phase walk. :p

I think it's important we drag this thread back on topic, that being that "strategic dying" is a thing and we all love it! We should also remember that fashion is never a waste of the GCD, no mater what some other lessers would have you believe!

Edited by Vissionary

I think it's important we drag this thread back on topic, that being that "strategic dying" is a thing and we all love it! We should also remember that fashion is never a waste of the GCD, no mater what some other lessers would have you believe!

So given that tactics are the actual means used to gain an objective, while strategy is the overall campaign plan, how do you strategically die?

So given that tactics are the actual means used to gain an objective, while strategy is the overall campaign plan, how do you strategically die?

Russian zerg style, obviously ... are you questioning our overlords' plans?

Here are my thoughts Eric. Since you are giving us the choices of pvp maps to play (something the pvp community has been begging for since LAUNCH) we are all very happy about it but with the population of the game being at its current amount, the choosing of a pvp map will likely result of longer wait times.

On the topic of specific map changes, the BEST move BW can do to help the PVP in this game is DELETE the huge piece of crap map called Odessen Proving Grounds. It is by far the poorest design map and one that I see most not enjoying to play. You will see the number of times people queue up for it that will back up my statement once you implement the choosing of maps.

It is about time they gave us the option to choose what warzones we play. I remember people have been asking for this in Vanilla SWTOR and their response to the player base was something along the lines of "we want to keep it random so everyone can enjoy the warzone maps we make". Maybe one day we will finally get a map similar to WoW's Alterac Valley...…

I completely agree with Odessen Proving Grounds being the worst map design by far. So many people who have no idea how to play the map or just trolling the team with powerups/deactivates.

I guess I'm in the minority in that I actually don't mind guarding nodes. (Okay, I get bored sometimes because all the fighting is going on over there and I want in on it after enough time effectively standing around and twiddling my thumbs.) So I'll just be that sorc or whatever over there making sure it stays where it belongs and fighting off anyone who goes for it to buy time for someone from my team to get to it to help curbstomp them.

Ya know I often wonder about that,like "What fun is there in just standing there waiting to be attacked?" heh.

Node Guards are one of those other "Unsung hero" types. You're probably one of the most important players on the team, and you just gotta sit there while everyone else is duking it out and than no one votes for the Node guard. Talk about not getting any respect!!

You might not get the respect you are due, but you are without question performing one of the, if not thee most important job on the team and your importance is incalculable.

Everyone talks about objective oriented players and “kill farmers” like they are oil and water. Majority of the players are actually in the middle. Games are won by killing players and doing the objective. Not one or the other.

That's a very good point and is probably the fairest appraisal in terms of importance stated in this string thus far.

Well said.

Node Guards are one of those other "Unsung hero" types. You're probably one of the most important players on the team, and you just gotta sit there while everyone else is duking it out and than no one votes for the Node guard. Talk about not getting any respect!!

I work on my node guarding rotation during arenas. :p

Node guards are like field goal kickers in 'merican football. The entire rest of your team has the WHOLE FRIGGIN game to win it, but if you get sap-capped (miss the field goal) at that crucial moment, somehow it's all your fault that the team lost. :rak_02:

You should buff sorcs/sages - I'm litteraly the only one not playing assassin or jugg/mara with good reason.

Or nerf classes, I some times see healers free-casting,but still struggling keeping up a clothie against a warrior/knight (1v1) Do dev's still actually play the game?

1v1 contest 2 months ago (snave)

The one sage competing actually got destroyed within 30 seks minus the bubble time. swtor class balance is great (timestamp 2:36:50 )

Increase self-heal from dots in madness and damage done in both madness and lightning

Edited by Jiingles

Ah but since the deaths are contributing to the direct denial of an objective (supposedly), its tactical dying xD

Strike you down and you'll become more powerful than they can possibly imagine.

if it's good enough for obi wan, it's good enough for us.

Are you saying... we have the high ground? XD

Or do i need to do more tactical dying?

We’v been over this ... it’s strategic dying and we all love it, it’s the only reason we win war zones against superior DPS!