Can't login

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no WAY in hell that I am going to level another character just to wait for the thing to download.

I had same issue as well. It never downloaded. I just logged out and logged back in and was able to select any one of my toons WITHOUT that pesky download notice.

There is something weird going on for sure.

It's not just AT&T. I have Spectrum. My problem appears to be the level 3 in Dallas.

Yes, I'm with Comcast, near Chicago. It looks like my route goes through Washington1, like Damask_Rose. I didn't have any major issues on Saturday, but I had lots of trouble logging in today.

If you have been playing for last 10 hours as you say then you would not have encountered the issue anyway. The issue is logging in not already log in. If you quit game and then log in without any issue fine, until then means nothing. I am in the UK and am having the same log in issue. So seems a global issue as in its affecting players from all continents.

I did log out a few times to eat and have a shower etc. My wife also logged in and out during that period.

As I said, it’s probably a routing issue (as others have now pointed out), not everyone gets routed through the same backhaul. The US has mulple regions and infrastructure providers that control different parts of the network, it only takes one of those to have a problem and anyone who gets routed through them will be affected, while other people won’t. The login server is located in the US, you don’t have a regional EU login server, only servers to play on.

There always has to be a comon denominator when only some people are affected and not others. Wether its the routing (which would have been in the US) or another 3rd party cause like an automatic sorftware or driver update.

I was trying to add some perspective to that and some info for Bioware to show not everyone was being affected. If you read my post correctly, you would have realised that is what I was trying to point out.

Thanks but I do have another star wars game to fall back to. SWG (yea it is the emulator but pretty well done for one)

Just the other day I came across what looked like a more recent version of SWG that look more ledgit than just the standard emulations. I can’t find it now or remember what the website was called, but it look 100% more professional than any other others out there.

They don’t charge money like other emulators do, only take donations.

I’m not sure if this is the one you play, but it might be worth while seeing as you can find it.

Yes, I'm with Comcast, near Chicago. It looks like my route goes through Washington1, like Damask_Rose. I didn't have any major issues on Saturday, but I had lots of trouble logging in today.

I’m using WTFast and it’s routing me through Washington 2. Maybe see if your ISP can change your routing.

I’m using WTFast and it’s routing me through Washington 2. Maybe see if your ISP can change your routing.

Thanks! I don't know how responsive Comcast is likely to be (best guess: not very :)), but I will definitely give that a try if things don't get better on their own.

Had problems 2 days ago, then yesterday logging in was slow (around 20mins waiting) but still managed to get through. Today the problem is back, im in the Kotet screen for almost an hour now... Philippines here.

Had problems 2 days ago, then yesterday logging in was slow (around 20mins waiting) but still managed to get through. Today the problem is back, im in the Kotet screen for almost an hour now... Philippines here.

I've just been hitting alt-F4 and relogging and relogging until I manage to hop into it when packet traffic isn't horrid.

Very hit or miss but it's better than staring at something that's essentially timed out on you but hasn't indicated as much.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Swtor took a poke to look for a cause yesterday and couldn't find anything at this point as a cause

Of those that posted tracerts / pingplots only one showed an issue that would cause a connection issue and that was casirabits post the others do not really show any real concern which doesnt help to find the cause.

For comparison lyriels trace looks fine.

What I can say is I have zero login issues via the zayo/above net gateway , level 3 route appears to be the only commonality at present in all the results but again apart from one persons results, nothing that would cause what you are all seeing.

Going back over this thread shows the following is what people are seeing

Login Server Down

Login ok but stuck on loading screen

Stuck on character select screen

Stuck on starter planets with 0% download

Game never loads

Given all the above and given no definitive network cause (at present) it is worth asking some other basic questions and the first one that springs to mind is what antivirus is everyone affected using just so it can be discounted

example I use trend micro on windows 10 and no login or playing issue from Australia

Edited by OwenBrooks

Going back over this thread shows the following is what people are seeing

Login Server Down

Login ok but stuck on loading screen

Stuck on character select screen

Stuck on starter planets with 0% download

Game never loads

Given all the above and given no definitive network cause (at present) it is worth asking some other basic questions and the first one that springs to mind is what antivirus is everyone affected using just so it can be discounted

example I use trend micro on windows 10 and no login or playing issue from Australia

Windows 7, Avast from USA.

Says server is down, can't log in.

Windows 7, Avast from USA.

Says server is down, can't log in.

Can you do a ping to launchpad.swtor.com and say if it responds or times out ?

Ping statistics for 159.153.92.48:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 208ms, Maximum = 209ms, Average = 208ms

can you also remove the exception for launcher.exe and re-add it to avast

Edited by OwenBrooks

The problem ... gone. Today, several times for the test came into play and it happened instantly. Washington1 is still dead, the route has not changed.

Yesterday did launcherDiag and returned from Sateel Shan on Malgus.

Does someone else have an improvement?

The problem ... gone. Today, several times for the test came into play and it happened instantly. Washington1 is still dead, the route has not changed.

Yesterday did launcherDiag and returned from Sateel Shan on Malgus.

Does someone else have an improvement?

So you are 100% good now ?

I took a look at your pingplot you posted in regards to the washington1 hop have a read of this link do not see it as an issue

Yes, today I logged into the game several times and there was no problem. But I do not know how long this problem has disappeared and what it depends on. Perhaps this improvement is temporary?

Not sure what is going on yet, all can do is keep monitoring, swtor CS are definitely monitoring as well however they do not post here but can if need post at the technical issues forum, but they do not have a lot to say other then they are looking too.

Edited by OwenBrooks

Yesterday I hung on the loading screen prior to server select.

Half an hour ago it wouldn't let me log in and said; "The login service is currently unavailable".

Just now it let me login, hung a bit on server select, then when selecting my server (Starforge), I got an error pop-up; "The server is currently unavailable".

Trying to select Starforge a second time brought me, after some delay, to my character select and I was able to play.

Closed the game out and tried again from scratch, logging in etc. and this time it brought me straight to character select without issues or delays.

Not sure if the issue is 'solved', I'm still seeing the average response time for Washington1 spike and fluctuate a lot on Pingplotter.

Pingplotter after failed login attempt: https://i.imgur.com/uDwowHn.png

Pingplotter after successful login/play attempt: https://i.imgur.com/dkZE2SS.png

Tracert after failed login attempt;

tracert launchpad.swtor.com

Tracing route to launchpad.swtor.com [159.153.92.48]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  mijnmodem.kpn.home [192.168.2.254]
 2     4 ms     3 ms     4 ms  static.kpn.net [195.190.228.93]
 3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 4     4 ms     4 ms     4 ms  asd2-rou-1022.NL.eurorings.net [134.222.129.236]
 5     5 ms     4 ms     4 ms  asd2-rou-1043.NL.eurorings.net [134.222.48.223]
 6    24 ms    22 ms    21 ms  ae9.edge3.Amsterdam1.level3.net [213.244.164.205]
 7     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 8    90 ms    90 ms    90 ms  4.79.23.202
 9    91 ms    91 ms    92 ms  159.153.92.10
10    93 ms    91 ms    92 ms  159.153.92.86
11    91 ms    90 ms    91 ms  159.153.92.48

Trace complete.

Tracert after having succesfully been logged in;

tracert launchpad.swtor.com

Tracing route to launchpad.swtor.com [159.153.92.48]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  mijnmodem.kpn.home [192.168.2.254]
 2     3 ms     4 ms     4 ms  static.kpn.net [195.190.228.93]
 3     *       26 ms    25 ms  nl-asd2-pice-ir01.kpn.net [134.222.129.237]
 4     4 ms     4 ms     4 ms  asd2-rou-1022.NL.eurorings.net [134.222.129.236]
 5     4 ms     4 ms     4 ms  asd2-rou-1043.NL.eurorings.net [134.222.48.223]
 6     6 ms     5 ms     5 ms  ae9.edge3.Amsterdam1.level3.net [213.244.164.205]
 7     *        *      115 ms  ae-2-3602.ear3.Washington1.Level3.net [4.69.206.81]
 8    91 ms    90 ms    90 ms  4.79.23.202
 9    91 ms    92 ms    91 ms  159.153.92.10
10    91 ms    91 ms    91 ms  159.153.92.86
11    91 ms    90 ms    91 ms  159.153.92.48

Trace complete.

Netherlands, KPN

Windows 10

Security Key

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We apologize for the login / loading issues that some of you have been experiencing throughout the weekend. The team is digging in again this morning to see if there is some underlying cause on our side (we were unable to track down any specific problems over the weekend). I will pass on more information as I have it.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Hey folks,

We apologize for the login / loading issues that some of you have been experiencing throughout the weekend. The team is digging in again this morning to see if there is some underlying cause on our side (we were unable to track down any specific problems over the weekend). I will pass on more information as I have it.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Thanks Eric. It is unfortunate that a good number of us lost the majority of the weekend for gameplay and still can't get in today.

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Thanks for the answer!! I hope, it will be possible to find out the cause of the login's problem and find some options for its elimination.