Can't login

aye, same thing here. so it's affecting both EU and US, looks like.

Login for everyone goes to launchpad.swtor.com so is the same IP address 159.153.92.48

Name: launchpad.swtor.biowareonline.net

Address: 159.153.92.48

Aliases: launchpad.swtor.com

To be able to retrieve the server list they need to be able to reach gamepad.swtor.com

Name: gamepad.lb.swtor.biowareonline.net

Address: 159.153.92.47

Aliases: gamepad.swtor.com

Being as it is a login problem, not a game server problem... it WILL affect both NA and EU according to what I quoted from Owen.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second attempt hangs for a bit and then usually gets to server screen, and then tells me i've lost my connection. My fiber connection begs to differ.

You do understand that your fiber connection at your home is by no means the only a piece of the total connection between you and the login server.. right? Right? Maybe run PingPloter and actually check to see which hop point is generating the failure for you. It will be easy to see graphically as it will show red and will show high ping delay.. and probably a lot of packet loss. See, that's the rub with something like this.....it's not a dead connection, but appears to be some backhaul IP in the middle of your hops from your home to the login server.

This is CRAP. Can't play, no updates from ANYBODY. No NOTHING. Wonder if the End Sub button is greyed out while bioware looks like a monkey kissing a football.

It has been shown in this very thread that there are known trouble points between the players home and the login server. For example.. some players are getting hung on login and when they run Pingplotter... is shows the problem point to be on hop point (a Level-3 backhaul IP address) between the player and the login server.... which is unfortunately something EA has absolutely no control over.

OR.. you could both just keep being snarky and do nothing, I guess. Some players though are actually providing information so we as players can try to narrow down where the issue is.. and sorry but CS has checked multiple times and can confirm no issue on the EA side of things in this case... so maybe also read the actual thread posts.

Edited by Andryah

Yep same issue here. Finally got it to launch and it acts like I just started downloading the game and won't let me play any characters that are not on starting worlds.

Even if I can't play tonight, I only lost $0.50 worth of game time. I can live with that. :)

This is still happening as of 8 PM EST, trying to login and it takes a while to get passed the loading screen, initializes then when I load the game nothing happens. After a few more attempts I successfully got in, but this needs a fix. :(

Yep same issue here. Finally got it to launch and it acts like I just started downloading the game and won't let me play any characters that are not on starting worlds.

Even if I can't play tonight, I only lost $0.50 worth of game time. I can live with that. :)

Similar problem here. May 21, 2018, 5:53 p.m. PST. :mad:

Three tries, finally made Character Select Screen, all my toons are greyed out, and has a message:

QUICK PLAY MODE

While you play, the game continues to download. If you finish the

starting planet before it completes, you may start a new character

and play one of the other 7 class stories. When the download

completes, you can access the entire game.

And yes I have had the game fully downloaded for a LONG time now. :mad:

Edited by Confusi

Three tries, finally made Character Select Screen, all my toons are greyed out, and has a message:

QUICK PLAY MODE

WTH is BW doing to this game.

Please, just stop with new patches until you can get QA to some reasonable level.

Begrudgingly buy a one month sub yesterday after being away for a while and I haven't been able to log in yet. Either get "login service is currently unavailable" or it goes to the load screen before character select and just sits there and spins and never progresses. Excellent.

QUICK PLAY MODE

I've been getting this all day, both computers both with it fully updated and multiple attempts each. I'm giving up for the day, hopefully the patch fixes it.

Huh it seems I'm being routed through Zayo now instead of Level3. I was just checking since some friends had mentioned they were having login problems earlier, although I was on the Level3 route before and never ran into login issues. Maybe I just got lucky though.

Really getting curious now what the underlying cause is. Am I the only one who HASN'T been affected by this whatsoever?

Probably. I had a chunk of time yesterday where all I got was the blue spinny over Vaylin's face on the launcher. Took a restart (and Windows 10 deciding to do it's longass April update) to finally get in after having logged in fine earlier before issues came up resulting in staring at Vaylin for way too much time.