Can't login

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There must be something in common with those that cannot login.

It clearly is not happening to everyone... so maybe folks who are having this issue can provide some information to help correlate what is common.

Country

Location (city/state-or-province)

ISP provider

time of attempted login

And run a PingPlotter run on both the destination server as well as the login servers (which I think may be located in Calfornia, even though the actual Us servers are in Virginia. I have no idea how login authentication is performed for EU.

I have no idea how login authentication is performed for EU.

Login for everyone goes to launchpad.swtor.com so is the same IP address 159.153.92.48

Name: launchpad.swtor.biowareonline.net

Address: 159.153.92.48

Aliases: launchpad.swtor.com

To be able to retrieve the server list they need to be able to reach gamepad.swtor.com

Name: gamepad.lb.swtor.biowareonline.net

Address: 159.153.92.47

Aliases: gamepad.swtor.com

Edited by OwenBrooks

I still can't log in. I'm trying to get into Satele Shan, logging in from Australia.

Last night it was bugging out, so I closed it and tried to start it again.

It gets stuck on a loop trying to load the character screen or it doesn't load in at all, saying login is unavailable.

Server are all still showing as up.

It's still doing it almost 12 hours later.

very frustrating

Edited by Painall

Just had issues with the forums logging in also. Left a message on Twitter SWTOR about the login server being down. I have had no windows update and it was fine earlier today when I was playing.

I still can't log in. I'm trying to get into Satele Shan, logging in from Australia.

Interesting I can Login from Sydney Australia just fine with my ISP

Just logged again just to be sure and no issues also 131 people in the same fleet instance on satele shan

How do you get to the login server if it is coming up no login servers (mine is in the spoiler)

>tracert launchpad.swtor.com

Tracing route to launchpad.swtor.biowareonline.net [159.153.92.48]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms GT-AC5300-ABE0 [192.168.1.1]

2 4 ms 2 ms 3 ms ip-103-85-38-4.syd.xi.com.au [103.85.38.4]

3 3 ms 3 ms 3 ms ip-103-85-38-1.syd.xi.com.au [103.85.38.1]

4 4 ms 4 ms 4 ms Port-channel12.ken45.sydney.telstra.net [110.145.158.73]

5 5 ms 8 ms 6 ms bundle-ether7-100.ken-core10.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.20.1]

6 6 ms 6 ms 5 ms bundle-ether1.pad-gw11.sydney.telstra.net [203.50.6.61]

7 6 ms 6 ms 5 ms bundle-ether1.sydp-core04.sydney.reach.com [203.50.13.90]

8 154 ms 153 ms 153 ms i-52.tlot-core02.bx.telstraglobal.net [202.84.137.101]

9 148 ms 155 ms 147 ms i-0-0-0-0.eqla01.bi.telstraglobal.net [202.84.251.194]

10 146 ms 146 ms 146 ms zayo-peer.eqla01.pr.telstraglobal.net [134.159.63.18]

11 208 ms 208 ms 208 ms ae14.cs2.lax112.us.eth.zayo.com [64.125.27.38]

12 210 ms 208 ms 208 ms ae3.cs2.dfw2.us.eth.zayo.com [64.125.29.20]

13 209 ms 208 ms 210 ms ae5.cs2.iah1.us.eth.zayo.com [64.125.28.102]

14 210 ms 210 ms 209 ms ae3.cs2.dca2.us.eth.zayo.com [64.125.29.44]

15 212 ms 213 ms 212 ms ae27.cr2.dca2.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.30.249]

16 208 ms 208 ms 210 ms ae1.er2.iad10.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.20.122]

17 207 ms 209 ms 208 ms 64.125.199.190.t00673-02.above.net [64.125.199.190]

18 209 ms 209 ms 209 ms 159.153.92.98

19 209 ms 209 ms 210 ms 159.153.92.86

20 208 ms 208 ms 209 ms 159.153.92.48

Trace complete.

Edited by OwenBrooks

...and of course, BioWare takes the weekends off, even in cases of emergencies like this. This game is starting to wear very thin on my patience. I've never seen such a display of bugs get ignored before. I could kick myself for buying cartel coins.

I can login, but keep getting stuck at the character selection screen indefinitely after hitting Play from the Launch window. Or, I might be disconnected and get dumped back to an empty server selection window. The problem has been going on since May 19 4 pm Pacific time (first time I tried) to 8 pm as I write this.

Tracing to launchpad.swtor.com from my location it looks like the cause is severe packet loss occurring within the Internet backbone provider Level3 leading out of Seattle Washington to EA.

The SWTOR website is unaffected by the issue.

Login for everyone goes to launchpad.swtor.com so is the same IP address 159.153.92.48

Name: launchpad.swtor.biowareonline.net

Address: 159.153.92.48

Aliases: launchpad.swtor.com

To be able to retrieve the server list they need to be able to reach gamepad.swtor.com

Name: gamepad.lb.swtor.biowareonline.net

Address: 159.153.92.47

Aliases: gamepad.swtor.com

Thanks Owen... that's great info. :)

I can login, but keep getting stuck at the character selection screen indefinitely after hitting Play from the Launch window. Or, I might be disconnected and get dumped back to an empty server selection window. The problem has been going on since May 19 4 pm Pacific time (first time I tried) to 8 pm as I write this.

Tracing to launchpad.swtor.com from my location it looks like the cause is severe packet loss occurring within the Internet backbone provider Level3 leading out of Seattle Washington to EA.

The SWTOR website is unaffected by the issue.

Bingo.... that is likely the issue, or one.. if there are more than one. I know my connection does not route up through Seattle.... but given that is a major backbone... I bet a lot of players do.... since it would be a somewhat natural route from the north east, mid west. I guess. it could even get hops in from APAC... depending....

Folks... EA cannot do jack about a crumbling level3 backbone. I'm sure it will get fixed, or fumigated if it's rat infested..... etc. etc. Probably just have to wait it out.

Edited by Andryah

Bingo.... that is likely the issue, or one.. if there are more than one. I know my connection does not route up through Seattle.... but given that is a major backbone... I bet a lot of players do.... since it would be a somewhat natural route from the north east, mid west. I guess. it could even get hops in from APAC... depending....

Folks... EA cannot do jack about a crumbling level3 backbone. I'm sure it will get fixed, or fumigated if it's rat infested..... etc. etc. Probably just have to wait it out.

I'm inclined to think there is more than one. I'm in Ontario, Canada and I don't think my internet comes from Seattle or goes anywhere near it. I'm not going to worry about it tonight. I'll try again tomorrow.

I remember as a kid in the early 1970's going over to a neighbor friend's house to his garage. The garage door was always open, and there, just inside of it, was my favorite toy that my parent's couldn't afford to buy me but that my friend let me play on whenever I wanted:

Sit N' Spin

It was fun then, but I have to say, 40-something years later, while watching the little blue gear icon in the lower right-hand corner of the splash screen...the sit n' spin we have now just ain't as fun.

I remember as a kid in the early 1970's going over to a neighbor friend's house to his garage. The garage door was always open, and there, just inside of it, was my favorite toy that my parent's couldn't afford to buy me but that my friend let me play on whenever I wanted:

Sit N' Spin

It was fun then, but I have to say, 40-something years later, while watching the little blue gear icon in the lower right-hand corner of the splash screen...the sit n' spin we have now just ain't as fun.

I remember that toy... what a memory rush this morning :)

Yes, pingplotter shows the same thing.

Playing from Australia for the last 10 hours and haven’t experienced this issue.... yet....

I have to agree with some of the other posters that some of these problems are probably caused by connection issues due to routing through some dodgy backhaul infrastructure.

Otherwise everyone would be affected. Either that or people’s PCs have a comon issue. Which could possibly be an automatic update of some software, drivers or operations systems or even having botnet malware installed on their systems and activating at the same time.

There will be a common denominator that is only affecting some people. Once that is identified, people can take steps to find a solution.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Playing from Australia for the last 10 hours and haven’t experienced this issue.... yet....

I have to agree with some of the other posters that some of these problems are probably caused by connection issues due to routing through some dodgy backhaul infrastructure.

Otherwise everyone would be affected. Either that or people’s PCs have a comon issue. Which could possibly be an automatic update of some software, drivers or operations systems or even having botnet malware installed on their systems and activating at the same time.

There will be a common denominator that is only affecting some people. Once that is identified, people can take steps to find a solution.

If you have been playing for last 10 hours as you say then you would not have encountered the issue anyway. The issue is logging in not already log in. If you quit game and then log in without any issue fine, until then means nothing. I am in the UK and am having the same log in issue. So seems a global issue as in its affecting players from all continents.

Not my system, I cant log in when I did it said -1 Characters .

I am sure it isnt my computer unless EA put a virus on my gaming system it is used only for gaming nothing else.

This system is used for what i am doing right now typing here. There is another system that ONLY is used to pay Bills it does nothing else , kind of a waste it is a gaming system I built and all it is used is for Bills lol.

It is identical to my daughters computer which she games on playing just about everything set to max or ultra levels . Waste of a gamign system to just pay Bills on

This is EAs issues we got a new back-end system all new hardware which ummm NO we didnt not. Swtor doesnt make that kind of money the money was for Battlefront 2 and well that has failed also and EA is walking on from that giving up on that game EAs greed cost them on BF2 but it didnt dent them they still carry on as the greed toads they are...

EA is not honest not to be trusted and ask your self a BRAND new GaME with beautiful graphics so much to it BF2 i speak of and they have given up,. Once again potential so much there the space fighting is what GSF should have been not a out dated flying system, Dog fighting in BF2 was fun...far better then GSF Galactic Space fail

HOW IS SWTOR still around they give up on the best looking best playing star wars game to date and yet we drag on...and i mean DRAG....hmmm DRAG maybe can we dress our dudes in chics clothing if we cant thats anti cross dressers and stuff shame on your EA lol